Sep 10 - China continues to crush US farmers opens soymeal market in #1 exporter Argentina

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 week ago '11        #1
104 page views
5 comments

Sin  2271 heat pts2271
space
space
$33,927 | Props total: 106131 106131
Sep 10 - China continues to crush US farmers opens soymeal market in #1 exporter Argentina

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - China will allow the import of soymeal livestock feed from Argentina for the first time under a deal announced by Buenos Aires on Tuesday, an agreement that will link the world’s top exporter of the feed with the top global consumer.

The pact will be signed by Argentine and Chinese officials in Buenos Aires on Wednesday, Argentina’s agriculture ministry said in a statement. Last month Chinese officials inspected Argentine soymeal factories in the run-up to signing the pact.

Argentina had tried for years to break into the Chinese market, the biggest consumer of the meal it uses to feed its massive hog herd. China, with its own crushing industry to protect, had steadfastly resisted.

The U.S.-China trade war, however, strengthened Argentina’s hand, prompting China to expand its soymeal import options, market sources say.

“This is a historic agreement,” Gustavo Idigoras, president of Argentina’s CIARA-CEC chamber of grains exporting companies told Reuters, though he added the deal still required a two-step process of plant authorizations and then registrations that could take several more months.

“Shipments aren’t expected to start immediately.”

The meal manufactured in the giant crushing plants that dot the banks of Argentina’s Parana River, clustered around the country’s main grains hub of Rosario, is exported mostly to Southeast Asia, Europe and Northern Africa. China imports only small amounts of soymeal currently, none of it from Argentina.

Argentina, the top global exporter of processed soy, expects to export a total of 26 million tonnes of soymeal this year globally, and 8.5 million tonnes of raw beans.

“It is excellent and timely news. Argentina needs to add more value to its exports to China and the world,” said Luis Zubizarreta, president of Argentina’s ACSOJA soy industry organization that represents farmers, exporters and seed firms.

The pact provided a welcome respite from the bad news that has hammered Argentina’s economy in recent months. The country is in recession and inflation is expected at 55% this year.

Business-friendly President Mauricio Macri, who is facing an uphill f*ght for a second term in an Oct. 27 election, said the agreement would bolster jobs in the agricultural sector and create more opportunities for Argentine farmers.

“Our country is the top exporter of soybean meal and now one of the largest markets in the world has been opened,” he said.

https://www.reuters.com/a .. -idUSKCN1VV2JP
+2   

best
worst
5 comments

1 week ago '12        #2
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,560 | Props total: 17816 17816
It's crazy how much soy impacts the market. One of worst fillers they decided to put in the food. People really underestimate just how much of it is out there. That stuff has messed up a lot of people smh.
+2   

1 week ago '11        #3
Sin  2271 heat pts2271 OP
space
space
$33,927 | Props total: 106131 106131
 daman729 said
It's crazy how much soy impacts the market. One of worst fillers they decided to put in the food. People really underestimate just how much of it is out there. That stuff has messed up a lot of people smh.
once I found out soy gives off estrogen I started trying to cut it out my diet
+3   

1 week ago '12        #4
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,560 | Props total: 17816 17816
 Sin said
once I found out soy gives off estrogen I started trying to cut it out my diet
Yeah its pretty bad bruh. They try to find studies that argue against the fact it jacks up your hormones. But facts still remain that soy basically turns you soft lol. My uncle used to drink soy milk and as soon as I told him what soy does, he dropped it with the quickness lol.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #5
Rich130  198 heat pts198
space
space
$4,389 | Props total: 13008 13008
+1   

1 week ago '16        #6
Aztlan  142 heat pts142
space
space
$15,453 | Props total: 42865 42865