AsapRocky Says He's "Basian" Because He From Barbados

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

5 days ago '13        #101
Ethernine 
space
space
$1,450 | Props total: 2748 2748
 clear said
Nasheed one of thee most annoying agents in the internet
Oh he a agent cause he don't let sh*t fly? smh agent lol

5 days ago '15        #102
Shmoedog 
space
space
$4,167 | Props total: 8253 8253
 johnnysnow said
That ados sh*t corny

Stop trying to create division amongst our people
Let me guess, u a descendant of immigrants?

5 days ago '12        #103
johnnysnow 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,086 | Props total: 10321 10321
 Jerseyboy715 said
Black love is the focus ADOS is something we are doing something separate... if I moved to Jamaican and became a citizen and Britain said they are paying the Jamaicans of slavery I wouldnít be offended or think anything is wrong, I wasnít there for it and I donít deserve it
No one would disagree with that, no is offended that black Americans should get whatís owed to them

Just every time Iíve seen ADOS itís been used for black Americans to discredit Black people that arenít ADOS, weíre all brothers and sisters
+1   

5 days ago '06        #104
DominicanLou 25 heat pts25
space
space
$9,131 | Props total: 8194 8194
 Shalomny said
blacks all over Africa and the Caribbean come from very poor situations, i mean like shoe-less type sh*t and no water. so when they come here and see us complaining over small sh*t they scoff at it. same with Latinos who come from third world countries.... most of them dont understand us so they have that attitude. I dont take that sh*t personal its just cultural differences .. what Tariq keeps promoting got nothing to do with reparations. cuz if we get reps then they will get it too from England, Spain, Portugal or whoever their colonial or slave masters were. Tariq is acting like we are the only ones that were enslaved .. matter of fact more slaves went to Brazil than here.
This is another popular romanticized narrative...the African or Haitian immigrant that came here with one shoe. You really need to look into our immigration laws - H-1 Visa, H-1B Visas and all the other incentives for immigrants from all those places you just named (and more), to immigrate here.

You're acting as if the poorest of the poor in Africa are arriving here and that's simply not the case. It's not based in any real data.

Many people, because they don't know U.S. history or already hold biases towards certain people, easily buy into America's white supremacist belief system that has placed black people at the bottom.
+5   

5 days ago '04        #105
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,751 | Props total: 1335 1335
 Supreme God said
Yeah I'm sure they would argue it, but it is what it is. That's like me walking around saying I'm half crucian and half black because of being from st croix. My mom is from Antigua in the west indies, shes antiguan...but her 100% race is black and only black. Her ethnicity though, is antiguan.
There's nothing wrong with saying your half Crucian half Antiguan. Just like there's nothing wrong with saying your African American. Your ethnicities is apart of who you are growing up
+1   

5 days ago '06        #106
space
space
 johnnysnow said
Iím all for black Americans having pride in their culture

But every time I see ADOS being brought up itís always the topic of Africans or people from the West Indies not being ADOS, itís seems like self hate and not just being prideful

The focus should be more Black Love and understating and celebration of Black American culture
I get it, but you have to understand that ADOS fundamentally doesn't go against what you're saying. What some people who identify with it say, is another story. The most visible proponents, those with verified followings, case studies, research, etc. consistently denounce the division that you speak of.

I think some of us are not being honest. Not saying you necessarily, but some of us in the diaspora. Black as it relates to being from America clearly carries different connotations and stigmas in this country then other a*sociations. You can even see hints of it in these comments here...
+2   

5 days ago '06        #107
space
space
 Eastcoast said
Of course there is. Just like there's people who's half Irish and half Italian, there's people who's Half Jamaican and half American.

The United States has the largest self identifying Black population in the New World and had the largest Black population at the eve of the civil war.
can we get receipts on this?

5 days ago '06        #108
space
space
 johnnysnow said
No one would disagree with that, no is offended that black Americans should get whatís owed to them

Just every time Iíve seen ADOS itís been used for black Americans to discredit Black people that arenít ADOS, weíre all brothers and sisters
We're all brothers and sisters. You can fully support ADOS and not discredit black people that aren't ADOS. They are not mutually exclusive. I feel like you're allowing yourself to be distracted by people like Tariq from the message and purpose of ADOS.

It's crazy how an acronym has caused so much backlash. A fu*king acronym. You have black people rallying behind #fu*kADOS and #ADOSistrash. Can you imagine how that feels? Someone saying fu*k your identity, family history, and culture. You're just a color in a Crayon box. And you don't expect someone to feel some type of way? It's sick.
+6   

5 days ago '04        #109
skillahmang 3 heat pts
space
space
$28,836 | Props total: 24247 24247
We all have friends and family who say or do stupid sh*t. We dont give up we dont cancel nobody!

Stop being a fu*king sheep and be a human being. The planet depends on it.

5 days ago '16        #110
Yung Tee 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$991 | Props total: 2372 2372
 Eastcoast said
Saying you're half crucian and half black is weird, you usually won't hear that from a West Indian, you're more likely to get that from Latin speaking countries like "Half Rican and Half Black" but if someone said "I'm half Rican and half Dominican" that doesn't sound crazy to me, I get what they mean.
I promise you, nobody says that. Thatís like saying ďIím half Nigerian & half blackĒ, ďIím half Italian & half whiteĒ, ďIím half Chinese & half AsianĒ. That doesnít even make any sense.
+1   

5 days ago '16        #111
MrNobody 
space
space
space
$3,134 | Props total: 9456 9456
 Eastcoast said
That's like saying you can't be half Japanese and half Korean. Go tell one they are not half.

Rocky(even being the idiot he is) if asked where he's from or what nationality is he, he would say American but that question was specific to the Caribbean so he was letting the interviewer know his Caribbean roots.

50 Million people in Brasil don't identify as Black. There's a difference between African ancestry and identifying as Black.

Out of around 191m Brazilians, 91 million identified themselves as white, 82m as mixed race and 15m as black. Whites fell from 53.7% of the population in 2000 to 47.7% last year. ... The number of people identifying as black rose from 6.2% to 7.6%, while the number saying they were of mixed race rose from 38.5% to 43.1%.Nov 17, 2011

Brazil 2010 census shows changing race balance - BBC News

Half the population identifies as either black or mixed race. now letís combine that with something other than numbers.

The countries that imperialized them are a hop skip and a jump from Africa. Spanish and Portuguese ppl are dark ppl.

Thatís why they donít have a one drop rule like America.

Black Americans were mixing with ppl who were literally whiter in the English and Dutch.

So mixing races caused more jarring results.

Not the case for spanish ppl who, again are already dark.

Latinos were and are so dark that they went on a campaign called blanqueamiento to lighten their countries.

America didnít have to do that because they were already white. In fact, America was more inclined to turn certain Europeans away, cause even they werenít white enough.

You know who they were white enough for? Black a*s Latino countries.

Your notions about reality arenít lining up with history.

Even if everyone in latino countries were white like youíre tryna make them out to be, they are still descendants of the most widespread form of chattel slavery.

Itís just simply easier to identify as white as latino, cause again, spain and Portugal already have ppl with a darker complexion.

Drakeís kid and Muhammad Aliís white grandkids are entitled to reperations as much as anybody else.

Again, ppl who went thru chattel slavery should have some sort of unity over their experience than how they were divided by the enemy.

But like the Good Book says in Jeremiah 17:4, we were destined to be separated from our heritage.

Thatís why u got ppl in here saying, if u not born in the caribbean, u canít be that thing.

African Americans and Caribbean ppl have a global culture. But once their culture leaves these borders set by our enemies, we disown it, whether it be the the culture itself or the ppl born overseas because of it.

Drake is from Black American rock and roll royalty, but he was born in Canada, so we got his own ppl making fun of him for being Canadian instead of celebrating their amazing cultureís global reach. Self hate.

5 days ago '09        #112
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$42,119 | Props total: 39516 39516
 zone3cp said
I swear I asked a n*gga in Boston who was darker than me where the black clubs at and dude said IDK Iím ďBajanĒ

If I wasnt on my hustle he wouldíve got the business
Everybody has encountered that clown n*gga who don't claim he black.
+1   

5 days ago '19        #113
BOLO1 3 heat pts
space
space
$213 | Props total: 525 525
 johnnysnow said
That ados sh*t corny

When have we ever been united?

African American descendants of slaves want to make an identity for ourselves after being called "akatas without a culture"...

But niccŗs from the African continent and the island's can put their little flags up on their Twitter profiles whilst screaming from the rooftops who they are?
+4   

5 days ago '18        #114
Baron Davis 108 heat pts108 OP
space
space
$3,161 | Props total: 8754 8754
 johnnysnow said
That ados sh*t corny

Watch your mouth
+2   

5 days ago '17        #115
Class of 2017 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$2,550 | Props total: 9805 9805
 zone3cp said
I swear I asked a n*gga in Boston who was darker than me where the black clubs at and dude said IDK Iím ďBajanĒ

If I wasnt on my hustle he wouldíve got the business
Boston club scene hard trash since Rumor went out... Venu or Royale bout the only options.

5 days ago '04        #116
Duntaz 70 heat pts70
space
space
$17,974 | Props total: 15547 15547
context is important. Stop posting fragments of a dialogue
+1   

5 days ago '06        #117
on_my_grind 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,435 | Props total: 5920 5920
tariq went from everybody is black (italians,latinos,...) we all brothers to ADOS ....
sidenotes: if he get his reparation where will he go spend his money...

5 days ago '05        #118
4REAL 4 heat pts
space
space
$17,840 | Props total: 12385 12385
 Jerseyboy715 said
Itís deeper than that, heís saying that alotta people that are black but come from immigrants from other country donít care about black struggle and look down on us... most of the blacks against reparations wouldnít qualify cuz theyíd parents or grandparents arenít from this country .. ADOS didnít come here for a better life, everyone else did
That's too much of a generalization.

5 days ago '19        #119
BeEncouraged 
space
space
$49 | Props total: 102 102
So much ignorance in one Tweet and Thread. This whole thing stinks.

5 days ago '05        #120
4REAL 4 heat pts
space
space
 DominicanLou said
how is wanting to have an identity apart of being labeled "black" creating division?
You can have an identity without trying to stump on those who acknowledge their other black ethnicity. ADOS is a terrible movement.

5 days ago '16        #121
007imayeseekay 
space
space
$1,601 | Props total: 3741 3741
 Mr K said
The Tariq HATERS it's time for folks to deflect from the topic and insult him rather then speak with truth and facts
Yep.
+1   

5 days ago '05        #122
4REAL 4 heat pts
space
space
 Jerseyboy715 said
I completely understand what u saying but I donít see how heís wrong.... but ur overlooking the fact that they came to the country for a better life... but the blacks created that opportunity for them to come also most of them didnít come till after the civil rights movement which the ADOS fought for... we fought for ya to have a right to come here we should all be on the same side
What shows that our Caribbean and African brothers that come to the U.S. aren't on my side. I have many friends and a*sociates that are of West Indian and or African descent. They all go through the same struggles. Some of those acquaintances can't even land a job with the job market bubbling despite having a college degree. I don't understand this narrative of acknowledging your background suddenly meaning that you don't identify with us African Americans..

5 days ago '05        #123
4REAL 4 heat pts
space
space
 IMChillin730 said
what in the world of not sticking to a topic are yall n*ggas talking about?

How did a tweet from Tariq Nasheed about Asap rocky turn into a reparations debate... da fu*k kinda drugs do yall do that you cant focus on a topic... damn adderall babies.

People from other countries who came here with papers in 19whatever, with whatever skin color, are not descendents of American Slavery. However, A person of African Descent living in america is still considered African American or black... ADOS simply refers to those African Americans who are Descendants of American Slavery... why is that so hard to understand.
All discussions in this thread are relevant to the tweet because the tweet stems from ADOS ideology which was created partly due to reparations.

5 days ago '18        #124
Illuminati 8ob 130 heat pts130
space
space
$3,189 | Props total: 15210 15210

[pic - click to view]

5 days ago '05        #125
4REAL 4 heat pts
space
space
 DominicanLou said
We're all brothers and sisters. You can fully support ADOS and not discredit black people that aren't ADOS. They are not mutually exclusive. I feel like you're allowing yourself to be distracted by people like Tariq from the message and purpose of ADOS.

It's crazy how an acronym has caused so much backlash. A fu*king acronym. You have black people rallying behind #fu*kADOS and #ADOSistrash. Can you imagine how that feels? Someone saying fu*k your identity, family history, and culture. You're just a color in a Crayon box. And you don't expect someone to feel some type of way? It's sick.
That's not what's happening.

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  138
Jul 15 - Killer decapitated Instagram star ďexĒ 17, then shared photo of her b..
276 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+23online now  50
Video inside Damn how the hell was this even legal. WOW.
56 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  47
Good Googly Moogly...That Azz Is Juicy!!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+62online now  20
Image(s) inside Jul 15 - Jeff Goldblum says Area 51 #CantStopUsAll
81 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy