MASTER P Is BEGGING The INDUSTRY TO HELP I Got The HOOK UP 2 Get A THEATER RELEASE

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '19        #51
Max Kellerman 81 heat pts81
space
space
$1,220 | Props total: 3394 3394
Thread is comedy
+1   

1 week ago '17        #52
PackerTrelli3 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,519 | Props total: 12728 12728
Asking for a hook up for a movie about having the hook up
+10   

1 week ago '17        #53
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
$1,342 | Props total: 4542 4542
 rifair said
Were any of those films black owned?
Jordan Peele is a producer on Us and his production company is the first credited aka it's black owned. Same thing with Get Out. Will Smith also runs his own production company, Overbrook entertainment.

Last edited by Pythagoras; 07-11-2019 at 03:59 PM..

1 week ago '05        #54
JimDinO77 21 heat pts21
space
space
$26,996 | Props total: 13655 13655
 chef12 said
The movie gon be fire tbh he got all the ig comedians in it
Dc is ok, that fat n*gga hasn’t made me chuckle once tho and he a main character..... who else in it?

Edit... never mind, just peeped the trailer.... I don’t know about them ig n*ggas, but I’d check it out in the strength of Michael Blackson, Pops, and Debo.....

I salute P for trying, cuz u never see hood movies in theaters anymore

Last edited by JimDinO77; 07-11-2019 at 04:04 PM..
+3   

1 week ago '13        #55
rifair 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 3354 3354
 Pythagoras said
Jordan Peele is a producer on Us and his production company is the first credited aka it's black owned. Same thing with Get Out. Will Smith also runs his own production company, Overbrook entertainment.
I mean fully owned not in part but fully and are these ppl involved dedicated to putting the money earned back into the community?

1 week ago '18        #56
Dehone 
space
space
$3,949 | Props total: 12315 12315
 JimDinO77 said
Dc is ok, that fat n*gga hasnít made me chuckle once tho and he a main character..... who else in it?

Edit... never mind, just peeped the trailer.... I donít know about them ig n*ggas, but Iíd check it out in the strength of Michael Blackson, Pops, and Debo.....

I salute P for trying, cuz u never see hood movies in theaters anymore
I got a feeling they just gonna be little a*s cameos.

1 week ago '17        #57
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
$1,342 | Props total: 4542 4542
 rifair said
I mean fully owned not in part but fully and are these ppl involved dedicated to putting the money earned back into the community?
I can't speak to what "those people" are dedicated to. Rarely anyone in Hollywood "fully owns" a movie. They are expensive and risky. You diversify and lessen the risk by seeking out partners that'll take on some of the financial risk, especially if you're a small production company like Jordan Peele's is. One box office failure could wipe him out if he fully financed an entire film. Some of y'all swear you know business and ownership... but don't understand the basics.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #58
Negusis 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,617 | Props total: 11754 11754
 x Tha Arkitek x said
Always been a fan of P, but lets be honest....I'd be hesitant to give up a screen for I Got The Hook Up 2 if I owned a movie theater. No one's checking for this movie in 2019. He got the film in 40 theaters...that's a win honestly. To this day I'm still surprised at how good of an ear for music P had with No Limit in the 90's...because he's been pretty much awful at everything else.
With all those garbage movies in the theater, you can find Space

1 week ago '16        #59
castroThirteen 
space
space
$2,125 | Props total: 8776 8776
I'm supporting.

Worse films get screened everyday
+3   

1 week ago '18        #60
ItsThatEasy 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,265 | Props total: 5231 5231
 KingOfBoxden said
Straight to iTunes

Somebody should've told p that iTunes will be phased out in a year by apple

Should've called netflix or YouTube smh c'mon p
Damn, quality actually looking kinda nice.

Salute to P.
+2   

1 week ago '18        #61
ItsThatEasy 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,265 | Props total: 5231 5231
Damn just watched the full trailer a few times, they definitely shot that whole movie in Inglewood lol they got my support fu*k it.
+2   

1 week ago '07        #62
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$18,094 | Props total: 2872 2872
why this old stupid smart n*gga aint go to netflix ,amazon prime or hulu for the check wtf

why are u now begging the industry. u shoulda been work this out fool. i wanna see P win but wtf
+3   

1 week ago '05        #63
chi town hustla 252 heat pts252
space
space
$23,307 | Props total: 34764 34764
 stutteringrap said

[pic - click to view]

Damn why u got all those tabs open tho lol

1 week ago '14        #64
Mutant Boy 153 heat pts153
space
space
$28,491 | Props total: 22627 22627
 stutteringrap said
yaw are exposing yaw self as stormfront and racists and uncle toms.

now let this be nintendo,song,microsoft,a white movie,marvel,anime or some famous white sh*t.

disney stuff. yaw would support it all day.

but a man that did so freaking much for the hip hop community. and is the reason why so many dumb a*s uneducated rappers,rnb and black musicians can eat and feed there family and get rich quick.

and i mean yaw cannot even spend 10 dollars.

yet racists nfl and pro wrestling who calls us n*ggas and stuff and trump supporters.
You have issues. Go get help.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #65
JimDinO77 21 heat pts21
space
space
$26,996 | Props total: 13655 13655
 Dehone said
I got a feeling they just gonna be little a*s cameos.
same..... but you know a handful of those scenes could make it a classic....
+1   

1 week ago '11        #66
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,863 | Props total: 8588 8588
Shoulda hollered at Netflix or Amazon

1 week ago '18        #67
Mcbooger 
space
space
$698 | Props total: 918 918
 KingOfBoxden said
Kim Kardashian i need you
 OG Perez said

1 week ago '13        #68
rifair 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 3354 3354
 Pythagoras said
I can't speak to what "those people" are dedicated to. Rarely anyone in Hollywood "fully owns" a movie. They are expensive and risky. You diversify and lessen the risk by seeking out partners that'll take on some of the financial risk, especially if you're a small production company like Jordan Peele's is. One box office failure could wipe him out if he fully financed an entire film. Some of y'all swear you know business and ownership... but don't understand the basics.
That's what I'm saying if p put the money up out his own pocket we should respect it instead of calling it "low budget" those people are the only ones who can dish out the 100 million+ budget. We should support those fully independent and looking to reinvest back into the community
+2   

1 week ago '13        #69
hendrix2013 12 heat pts12
space
space
$842 | Props total: 1209 1209
I would have watched this to support in theaters..looks dope with a good cast. With that being said if it doesnt come out in theaters ill watch it online :p

P Should have had that netflix hookup ya dig.

1 week ago '11        #70
Sinamatik CFR 13 heat pts13
space
space
$14,587 | Props total: 18288 18288
 x Tha Arkitek x said
Always been a fan of P, but lets be honest....I'd be hesitant to give up a screen for I Got The Hook Up 2 if I owned a movie theater. No one's checking for this movie in 2019. He got the film in 40 theaters...that's a win honestly. To this day I'm still surprised at how good of an ear for music P had with No Limit in the 90's...because he's been pretty much awful at everything else.
My thing with it all is this. P obviously aint hurting for pesos... With proper promotion and marketing, this could be very lucrative, he could've sold this with a revamped roster and soundtrack to follow.

It's quite a few ways P could've finessed this into a dope situation, and possibly still can, cept people can watch it online now without a reason to go to the theaters...

he need to capitalize off this as much as he can and then work on getting his next effort in the theaters, with possibly the backing he's reaching for here!

i agree with your post. Thing is he gotta prove it's worth investing in, we know his name and rep/resume`... But if it ain't worth the time or money, whats the point!

1 week ago '16        #71
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
$2,228 | Props total: 2804 2804
 6Fraud said
Will illegally watch online
Damn that's fu*ked up.
+2   

1 week ago '19        #72
pxssykxlla 
space
space
space
$48 | Props total: 56 56
 stutteringrap said
In 2008, Miller has also made history as the first hip-hop entrepreneur to own a cable television network, Better Black Television (or BBTV011, which was meant to promote positive messages and content to the African American culture). The network was launched in 2009. Executives include Denzel Washington, Derek Anderson of the Charlotte Bobcats, DJ Kool Herc, and Bo Derek. As part of the BBTV project, Miller and Romeo teamed up to develop a children's cartoon titled 'Gee Gee The Giraffe. The show is true to the duo's mission to produce positive, educational, and entertaining content for African-American children. Animation has been employed by the Millers on prior occasions such as their February 2008 cartoon version of their music video for the song "Black History."
^^^ What happened to this?

1 week ago '19        #73
pxssykxlla 
space
space
space
$48 | Props total: 56 56
 stutteringrap said
look what he done for the culture in the movie game. he was pioneer for hip hop and hood films.

1997 I'm Bout It Perry McKnight Main role

1998 MP Da Last Don Nino Main role
I Got the Hook Up Black Main role
The Players Club Guy Supporting Role

1999 Hot Boyz Moe Supporting role
Foolish Quentin "Fifty Dollah" Waise Main role
No Tomorrow Maker Main role

2000 Track Down Brad Supporting role
Gone in 60 Seconds Johnnie B. Cameo
Clean Up Main role

2002 Undisputed Gat Boyz Rapper 1 Cameo

2003 Dark Blue Maniac Supporting role
death of a Dynasty Himself Main role

Hollywood Homicide Julius Armas Supporting role

2004 Scary Movie 3 Himself Cameo
Uncle P Uncle P Main role

2004 Still Bout It

[pic - click to view]

Homie got not only Master P IG, but Ja Rule too!

1 week ago '09        #74
DEATH 71 heat pts71
space
space
space
$24,108 | Props total: 5054 5054
Looks so fu*king trash

1 week ago '05        #75
Micheal C. Will 35 heat pts35
space
space
$32,313 | Props total: 32106 32106
 GetYaCoinsKing said
What frustrates me is how black entertainers always want to a*sume everything's a conspiracy, "They" don't want us to be in theaters etc.

When in reality sh*ts mad simple, Get iTunes/Youtube distribution, Setup a streaming website and invest a sh*t ton into a social media ad-campaign and hire micro-influencers to gain traction. You won't need to be in theatres then, just sit back and wait for offers from the big players to come in.

If it fails then it was a trash film, Go make another. But theres no 'conspiracy' with "them" not wanting you to be in theatres. smh.
You can tell Master P hasn't fully involved with the times.

He has the whole Internet and social media at his disposal and he hasn't utilized it properly.

Like you said, he wouldn't even need theater distribution.
+3   

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+93online now  14
Video inside TBT When Cesar Millan Got Caught Off Guard
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-19online now  13
Video inside ďAll I need is some Henny and a plan bĒ