Jul 10 - Kamala Harris says credit scores should include rent, cell phones and utilities

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '16        #26
Razzle Rathorne 
space
space
space
$1,183 | Props total: 1344 1344
 phantomnation said
She could be on to something here
+1   

1 week ago '08        #27
Solitary Genius 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,736 | Props total: 5653 5653
here goes the top fu*kin cop makin peoples lives harder again

she must've made a deal to propose this when she went to visit in lower manhattan

1 week ago '19        #28
DrakeSavage 
space
space
space
$102 | Props total: 151 151
 OptimisticCynic said

[spoiler - click to view]

The whole credit system is horrible because you can’t get credit without debt.

EDIT (and sorry to any of the 7 peeps who already gave me props that don’t agree with this): I originally said this was a stupid idea; but after thinking about this a bit more, I think this may be a good idea because with Kamala’s way, you won’t need to accumulate debt in order to establish credit.
thats a good point. but if the way the scores are measured changes and these essentially monthly subscriptions gain weight on your credit score. it kinda gives people incentive to get these things when before they might not needed to.

but anyway i feel like its always the start. so more monthly subscriptions would probably be tacked on later. like internet. and between some of these things like utilities. you dont even really have a choice of company. its almost like giving these monopoly companies more pull.
+3   

1 week ago '09        #29
messy marv stan 5407 heat pts5407
space
space
$74,005 | Props total: 126872 126872
 StateProperty88 said
speaking of rent and credit. how about not dinging my score because of credit checks that don't involve getting credit...such as renting an apartment.

the credit mafia never explains why they do the so-called "hard credit checks" except saying it impacts the victims score
+3   

1 week ago '04        #30
bibbyboi 32 heat pts32
space
space
$12,320 | Props total: 4472 4472
This is such a hard topic for me. On one hand I like that she's trying to help people build credit, but at the same time this wouldn't really help that many people in destitute.

Maybe make it that it can ONLY help your credit and not hurt it if you're late or miss a payment. Just so many poor people have to pay their bills late because don't have enough money on the day its due but they find the rest later or they change jobs and their paydays are at a different day etc.

I don't know, seems like a good thing but maybe something bigger should happen.
+3   

1 week ago '18        #31
OptimisticCynic 2 heat pts
space
space
$448 | Props total: 1722 1722
 DrakeSavage said
thats a good point. but if the way the scores are measured changes and these essentially monthly subscriptions gain weight on your credit score. it kinda gives people incentive to get these things when before they might not needed to.

but anyway i feel like its always the start. so more monthly subscriptions would probably be tacked on later. like internet. and between some of these things like utilities. you dont even really have a choice of company. its almost like giving these monopoly companies more pull.
I see your points too, but also feel like people are sometimes doing the same now in the current system by getting credit cards, for example, which can be a slippery slope if you get a credit limit that is too high.

Internet and cell phones are almost basic, mandatory utilities now so why not use them as a way to build credit is my question. Younger people also donít typically have the financial flexibility to purchase a home right away so having their eventual lease/rent help them establish credit seems reasonable.

This is definitely an interesting idea that I think we should further explore.
+3   

1 week ago '19        #32
DrakeSavage 
space
space
space
$102 | Props total: 151 151
 OptimisticCynic said
I see your points too, but also feel like people are sometimes doing the same now in the current system by getting credit cards, for example, which can be a slippery slope if you get a credit limit that is too high.

Internet and cell phones are almost basic, mandatory utilities now so why not use them as a way to build credit is my question. Younger people also don’t typically have the financial flexibility to purchase a home right away so having their eventual lease/rent help them establish credit seems reasonable.

This is definitely an interesting idea that I think we should further explore.
well with credit cards you dont actually ever have to pay any interest. if you are responsible.

but if all that new stuff has weight. how do you live with someone and share utilities. if my name isnt on it, i want to pay less. since i dont get the credit. but either way as long as im not the only person responsible. i can just not pay and quit. bc the other person will pay no matter what. its almost like shifting collections etc all that to small claims court.

and you know theyll save money with people paying on time, collections, etc. and they wont pass that saving down. bc they already a monopoly.

edit: simply, it seems with rent and utilities, even family plan cell phones. youll be turning a whole lot of america into co signers. and theyll quit that immediately.

Last edited by DrakeSavage; 07-10-2019 at 11:04 PM..
+2   

1 week ago '14        #33
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,764 | Props total: 19613 19613
fu*k that just get rid of dinging people’s sh*t for inquiries.

More pandering on the part of this bi*ch.

Whole idea of credit is to see if a person honors their commitments. Of course people who fu*k off on credit cards pay their rent, cell and utilities.

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 07-10-2019 at 11:26 PM..
+5   

1 week ago '11        #34
mosdope 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,786 | Props total: 1706 1706
If it’s dunks your credit to not pay rent, I don’t see why it shouldn’t be a factor in helping your credit to pay it.
+2   

1 week ago '18        #35
OptimisticCynic 2 heat pts
space
space
$448 | Props total: 1722 1722
 DrakeSavage said
well with credit cards you dont actually ever have to pay any interest. if you are responsible.

but if all that new stuff has weight. how do you live with someone and share utilities. if my name isnt on it, i want to pay less. since i dont get the credit. but either way as long as im not the only person responsible. i can just not pay and quit. bc the other person will pay no matter what. its almost like shifting collections etc all that to small claims court.

and you know theyll save money with people paying on time, collections, etc. and they wont pass that saving down. bc they already a monopoly.

edit: simply, it seems with rent and utilities, even family plan cell phones. youll be turning a whole lot of america into co signers. and theyll quit that immediately.
Regardless, the point is that people still need to be responsible with their finances; and Iím sure if rent is tied to your credit, youíd want to be on the lease or vice versa.

You can argue companies could lose money with this new system. For example, someone may be more inclined to pay their cell phone bill on time if they know their credit will get f*cked so there goes a companyís late fee.

Ultimately, Iím not saying Iím 100% behind this idea and would like to see where it goes (if anywhere) but feel the pros far outweigh the cons right now because, once again, the current system forces you to accumulate debt to earn credit and thatís bogus in my opinion.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #36
Iduzdis 
space
space
space
$1,677 | Props total: 3733 3733
people really actually will vote for this bi*ch.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #37
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$13,915 | Props total: 10756 10756
 StateProperty88 said
speaking of rent and credit. how about not dinging my score because of credit checks that don't involve getting credit...such as renting an apartment.
Soft pulls donít affect your credit, which is usually the case for what youíre talking about.... Itís a rare case when a place does a hard check for something like opening a bank account. When youíre asked about a credit check, just simply ask if itís a soft of hard pull if youíre worried.

1 week ago '05        #38
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 OptimisticCynic said

[spoiler - click to view]

The whole credit system is horrible because you canít get credit without debt.

EDIT (and sorry to any of the 7 peeps who already gave me props that donít agree with this): I originally said this was a stupid idea; but after thinking about this a bit more, I think this may be a good idea because with Kamalaís way, you wonít need to accumulate debt in order to establish credit.
What do you mean you canít get credit without debt? For credit cards, Iíve never carried over a balance over to the next month and I have nearly 30 credit lines opened.... As for my mortgages, I simply needed to meet the minimum downpayment amount to qualify for them. My incomes and credit score (dependent on no missed payments, longevity of my accounts in good standing, etc.) are what got me to qualify for the mortgages and simply paying back what I owed every month for my credit cards built my credit score....
+1   

1 week ago '10        #39
marx1684 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 10201 10201
 tonio25 said
That's the start of the social credit sh*t like in China
They're starting it heavy now. We'll be there soon. Unfortunately.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #40
youngvito18 9 heat pts
space
space
$15,365 | Props total: 9235 9235
 Gold Face said
That means people with bad credit scores now, will have even worse credit scores going forward

lol..yeah...she dont get it

people with bad credit scores are usually late on evrything

sh*t, my credit score straight but im always late with my cellphonr bill...its a habit

1 week ago '07        #41
yolaboy 196 heat pts196
space
space
$5,945 | Props total: 13132 13132
seems like the cross-pollination of credit is the problem

if you pay rent on time consistently, then that should be what your next landlord bases your merit on, same with phone service and utilities

if you default on a credit card, but keep your other sh*t up, you shouldn't be excluded from renting and having a phone or internet etc

1 week ago '19        #42
jordanair45 1 heat pts
space
space
$288 | Props total: 678 678
Experian does this already. You just need to sign up for it and add your expenses
+4   

1 week ago '19        #43
DadeCounty 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,083 | Props total: 6455 6455
 Rich130 said
So says a retard

[pic - click to view]

@ this is you??

I know now why you had a stroke you fat fu*k
+1   

1 week ago '16        #44
Yaggy 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,874 | Props total: 4022 4022
 Frasier said
CHECKING YOUR CREDIT SCORE SHOULDNT LOWER YOUR CREDIT!

Ethnicity should not be asked on any credit application!
in canada they ask on a job application

1 week ago '07        #45
FeedTheBeast 25 heat pts25
space
space
$15,083 | Props total: 13815 13815
Most people....yes even poor people pay those bills on time or enough time lol. But if this intended to boost the credit score of people whom are already struggling it will k*ll them. They will see a boost in their credit score and then probably buy a bunch of sh*t they really cant afford on credit.....more debt. Now they in a much worse situation than when they started.

1 week ago '05        #46
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$41,785 | Props total: 14211 14211
 pnoi89 said
Soft pulls donít affect your credit, which is usually the case for what youíre talking about.... Itís a rare case when a place does a hard check for something like opening a bank account. When youíre asked about a credit check, just simply ask if itís a soft of hard pull if youíre worried.
this is inaccurate they do hard inquires for apartment rentals, i live in philly and moved 3 times in 5 years and its also the same for everyone i know. unless you are getting a place on craigslist or something. but if you are going through an apartment rental or complex, its a hard inquiry
+1   

1 week ago '06        #47
xastey 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,018 | Props total: 3709 3709
Makes sense but to make it better for people that struggle make it as a way to only increase not decrease with some factors.. like pay I constant on time over 4/6 months get a bump but if you don't pay it/late 1-2 months you only loose maybe 1/8 or 1/12 of the gains.

This way people that are trying to build their credit can actually build their credit and not worry about being punished if something comes up.

I know bills sent reported until they are 30 days late so I would expect something like that to be fore rent as well.

1 week ago '12        #48
Steelgrip 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,518 | Props total: 11005 11005
I like this because my credit would go to 800.

1 week ago '13        #49
wrecklessvlee 
space
space
space
$151 | Props total: 320 320
There is so much complexity with her statement. People (like me) pay things on a certain schedule no matter what it is. Credit with ultility bills and rent would only benefit the companies that support it. I lobbied for a Telecom company and it's a play out of my book. People have to know how to pitch things in order to get things done. One thing I know about money and credit is if you not spending it on one thing you spending it on another. Just so I give y'all some insight, the opioid crisis is a "crisis" because of misuse of prescription drugs which turns into heroin addiction etc. etc. Who benefits from this crisis? Marijuana firms and other holistic drugs use to tolerate pain supplements so on and so forth. There are lobbyist for almost everything you can think of including social reform. Just know in the grand scheme you getting played no matter what the circumstance.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #50
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 StateProperty88 said
this is inaccurate they do hard inquires for apartment rentals, i live in philly and moved 3 times in 5 years and its also the same for everyone i know. unless you are getting a place on craigslist or something. but if you are going through an apartment rental or complex, its a hard inquiry
For my tenants for my rental properties, we do soft pulls and all apartments Iíve ever lived at did soft pulls or none at all.... Iím out in Colorado and one of the rental homes is in Nebraska.

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-40online now  52
Image(s) inside Blueface Robbed By The Two Women He Introduced As His Girlfriends on I..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-37online now  29
Jul 19 - Trump Supporter Model STRIPPED of Miss World Title for "Insensitive T..
310 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+33online now  27
Video inside Simp sells his Rolex for a THOT... Viewer warning, this hurts to watch
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Ja Rule & Irv Gotti got into an altercation with Some dudes @ SOBs
56 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy