Miley Cyrus Apologizes for Past Hip-Hop Comments: “I F@!ked Up”

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '17        #1
2575 page views
52 comments

waterfall 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$435 | Props total: 3173 3173

visit this link https://www.xxlmag.com/ne .. sorry-hip-hop/

Tony M. Centeno
June 12, 2019
Neilson Barnard , Getty Images

Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook

Two years after making some controversial remarks about distancing herself from certain parts of hip-hop, Miley Cyrus has stepped forward to apologize for the comments, which ultimately helped fortify people's belief that she was a cultural appropriator.

On Tuesday (June 11), the singer apologized for the "disconnect" she caused back when she appeared to say she was distancing herself from the rap game in a 2017 interview with Billboard. At the time, Cyrus, who dropped her hip-hop-influenced LP, Bangerz in 2013, claimed that the overwhelming materialism and s*xually-driven lyrics in hip-hop songs today is what pushed her away from the scene.

"Being silent is not like me at all. I am aware of my platform and have always used it the best way I know how and to shine a light on injustice," Cyrus wrote in the comment section of a constructive critique YouTube video posted by Kenya Wilson. "I want to start with saying I am sorry. I own the fact that saying... 'this pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little' was insensitive as it is a privilege to have the ability to dip in and out of "the scene." There are decades of inequality that I am aware of, but still have alot to learn about."

At the time of her initial comments, Cyrus a*serted that only a portion of her entire interview ended up in print and that she appreciates all genres of music. Unfortunately for her, many people still had a problem with her comments. Now, Cyrus is seemingly owning her remarks and trying to learn from them.

"Silence is apart of the problem and I refuse to be quiet anymore," Cyrus continued in another part of her comment under Wilson's video. "My words became a divider in a time where togetherness and unity is crucial. I can not change what I said at that time, but I can say I am deeply sorry for the disconnect my words caused. Simply said; I fu*ked up and I sincerely apologize. I'm commited to using my voice for healing , change, and standing up for what's right."

For her part, Wilson, who's a self-identified Miley fan, made it clear she appreciates Cyrus' apology. "Miley Cyrus OMG I AM DREAMING. I know your heart that was point of my video to highlight that u on several occasions have spoken up for what is right," Wilson wrote in response to the singer's comment. "Thank you for hearing me out."

Miley's apology arrive after she's ostensibly reconnected with her hip-hop tastes by including some rap luminaries on a project she released at the end of May. The project, titled She Is Coming, includes features from Swae Lee, Mike WiLL Made-It and Ghostface k*llah.

Check Miley Cyrus' full comment below. See Wilson's video about Miley beneath the comment.

+5   

52 comments for "Miley Cyrus Apologizes for Past Hip-Hop Comments: “I F@!ked Up”"

2 weeks ago '04        #2
talkofny2k4 248 heat pts248
space
space
$15,211 | Props total: 39318 39318
That's how every un "cultured" person feels and reacts at some point.
Even in relationships a white chick will go fuc her last white boyfriend and say she was confused and flustered.
It's the same as saying, "I ain't fucin with n*ggas right now, I need a break" but then come back saying "I fuced up".

U know the saying, once u go black.......

A n*gga nutting in u and letting your parents pay for the abortion
+27   

2 weeks ago '18        #3
Lord God 85 heat pts85
space
space
$5,184 | Props total: 25354 25354

[video - click to view]

+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #4
fallguy 
space
space
$5,102 | Props total: 2179 2179
+17   

2 weeks ago '16        #5
Bidam7 336 heat pts336
space
space
$28,952 | Props total: 73683 73683

[video - click to view]

+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #6
Brok3nImag3s 18 heat pts18
space
space
$5,038 | Props total: 6270 6270
She was never a factor and nobody who loves hip-hop cares what she said then or now. FOH!
+52   

2 weeks ago '18        #7
MYDICKSOCOLD 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,021 | Props total: 8265 8265
 talkofny2k4 said
Even in relationships a white chick will go fuc her last white boyfriend and say she was confused and flustered.
It's the same as saying, "I ain't fucin with n*ggas right now, I need a break" but then come back saying "I fuced up".

She never "went black" to begin with. She's married to Liam Hemsworth, dummy. You're projecting confused fantasies about cash grabs with sincere interest
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #8
JRob1125 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,838 | Props total: 10912 10912
 Brok3nImag3s said
She was never a factor and nobody who loves hip-hop cares what she said then or now. FOH!
Came in to say this
+8   

2 weeks ago '12        #9
Klasicktha1 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,996 | Props total: 3694 3694
Get this beaver mouth bytch outta here!!! She meant what she said when she said it she just trying get back in because of her Pops did that joint with Lil Nas
+28   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '18        #10
baddie 99 heat pts99
space
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 21218 21218
I appreciate her apology.

With that being said, she’s still not invited to the cookout.
+6   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
Tha Boss 62 heat pts62
space
space
space
$26,577 | Props total: 54460 54460
Please come back. The game needs you Miley

2 weeks ago '04        #12
talkofny2k4 248 heat pts248
space
space
$15,211 | Props total: 39318 39318
 MYd*ckSOCOLD said
She never "went black" to begin with. She's married to Liam Hemsworth, dummy. You're projecting confused fantasies about cash grabs with sincere interest
I was talking in general illiterate fucin goofy.
Y'all n*ggas swear u know everything and can't even keep up with simple convo, go hug ya mom goofy n*gga
+10   

2 weeks ago '17        #13
LeG.O.A.T 129 heat pts129
space
space
$21,060 | Props total: 46396 46396
 baddie said
I appreciate her apology.

With that being said, she’s still not invited to the cookout.
fu*k up Oliver
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '18        #14
baddie 99 heat pts99
space
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 21218 21218
 LeG.O.A.T said
fu*k up Oliver
You live in Detroit.

You lost.

2 weeks ago '12        #15
FrescoB 82 heat pts82
space
space
$13,740 | Props total: 37816 37816
...Are we keeping the same energy for everyone who was cosigning her around that time?

Nope?

Alright
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #16
Supreme God 130 heat pts130
space
space
$6,255 | Props total: 26943 26943
Can't even blame her solely, blame these n*ggas in hiphop who continue to prop these vultures up to take from our culture, appropriate it, bleed it, disrespect it and us, and make excuses as to why.
+23   

2 weeks ago '17        #17
Panem 
space
space
space
$55 | Props total: 163 163
Man this wh*re done contributed to the s*xualising of hiphop. Remember her shaking her chickenbrea*t booty for dear life.?

This bitcch done saw the hype and cash her dad is making by hijacking another hiphop moment...
+21   

2 weeks ago '18        #18
FireBeats 105 heat pts105
space
space
$8,916 | Props total: 30272 30272
fu*k Thissl*t!

2 weeks ago '15        #19
thirssty58 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,540 | Props total: 22265 22265
Black people in general are too forgiving... the lord and all that so shell be aight . Glad bx goons see through keeping it extra critical in the thinking as usual
+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #20
Purpleswag23 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$748 | Props total: 2078 2078
The apology seems even more ingenuine 2 years later when you just released your next album/ep........... smh ppl really be eatin up everything these celebrities say
+5   

2 weeks ago '13        #21
jrockex 
space
space
$723 | Props total: 2812 2812
 talkofny2k4 said

wow you really took that and ran with it huh? because after all, miley cyrus represents your typical white woman

feel better now tho?

fun fact: for every white woman you think you think you dominated theres two asian women who wouldnt touch you with a ten foot pole because they think you are dirty stinking and disgusting

im just speaking to you on your level, no ill intent

2 weeks ago '13        #22
recreal 
space
space
$484 | Props total: 1027 1027
Pick and choose who gets a pass based on if you like them...

Drake does the same things Iggy Azalea was doing, but he's good....

Post Malone rocking gold teeth and cornrows, he was just prancing around in daisy dukes

They mock you, profit say F you and you smile in their face.
+5   

2 weeks ago '10        #23
Torres 
space
space
space
$196 | Props total: 74 74
Cant leave rap alone the game needs me
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #24
SoulStorm 
space
space
$157 | Props total: 527 527
 Tha Boss said
Please come back. The game needs you Miley
“Hip Hop is popping again and I need a check”

Well the Hip Hop community welcomes Miley back with open arms, one of my favorite voices in music.

2 weeks ago '18        #25
shooter 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,914 | Props total: 7046 7046
Her dad prolly getting some love these days and she jealous.
+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  54
Video inside Grant Cardone: Buying Your House is One of the Dumbest Investments You ..
39 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  34
Jun 24 - McDonald's started using fresh meat. Here's what happened to sales
203 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  23
Article inside NYPD: Demond Amofah aka Etika has been found deceased
212 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
-61online now  15
yo fu-k the heatmakerz! nigga got mad because I told him he needs to humble hi..
115 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy