SWAMP THING - Could Have Eventually Led To A JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Series, 3 Seasons Planned

most viewed right now
20 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
+48  54
20 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '06        #1
829 page views
20 comments

SM 40816 heat pts40816
space
space
space
$141,266 | Props total: 123128 123128
SWAMP THING - Could Have Eventually Led To A JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Series, 3 Seasons Planned

Last edited by SM; 06-11-2019 at 06:20 PM..
+9   

20 comments for "SWAMP THING - Could Have Eventually Led To A JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Series, 3 Seasons Planned"

1 week ago '06        #2
SM 40816 heat pts40816 OP
space
space
space
@ But but but they planned just one season all along

Idiot

1 week ago '17        #3
bmf24eva 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,564 | Props total: 4312 4312
sh*t is weird.

Im thinking some business really is going on behind the scenes.

Nothing else would cause them to not release a finished series after 1 ep in and then start floating rumors about them closing their streaming site out of the blue.

My guess is either (longshot) Disney/(not quite as longshot) Netflix/possibly Apple saw them actually have some success with the DC Channel and how they got fans behind Titans after all the hatred the OG trailer received.

Add the amazing quality and love Doom Patrol got and then the crazy anticipation for Swamp Thing and some huge company in need of guaranteed profitable content prob made Warner an offer that's still being negotiated/finalized.

Sale news gonna start leaking in the next few months...watch.

Last edited by bmf24eva; 06-11-2019 at 05:49 PM..
+2   

1 week ago '11        #4
CALViiiN 770 heat pts770
space
space
$20,717 | Props total: 46269 46269
 SM said
@ But but but they planned just one season all along

Idiot

who the fu*k said they only planned one season? they planned to cancel after 1 season. duhhhh idiotaaa.

you're 20yrs older than me

stop it, Stevie.
+1   

1 week ago '06        #5
space
space
space
 CALViiiN said
who the fu*k said they only planned one season? they planned to cancel after 1 season. duhhhh idiotaaa.

you're 20yrs older than me

stop it, Stevie.
Wait what?

They planned to cancel the show after one season but they planned to have more seasons?

I'm 20 years older than you?

Last edited by SM; 06-11-2019 at 06:03 PM..

1 week ago '06        #6
space
space
space
 bmf24eva said
sh*t is weird.

Nothing else would cause them to not release a finished series after 1 ep in and then start floating rumors about them closing their streaming site out of the blue.

My guess is either (longshot) Disney/(not quite as longshot) Netflix/possibly Apple saw them actually have some success with the DC Channel and how they got fans behind Titans after all the hatred the OG trailer received.

Add the amazing quality and love Doom Patrol got and then the crazy anticipation for Swamp Thing and some huge company in need of guaranteed profitable content prob made Warner an offer that's still being negotiated/finalized.

Yeah it's really strange.

There haven't been any rumors of closing the streaming channel just merging with WarnerMedia though but who knows DC don't know what they are doing right now, so we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by SM; 06-11-2019 at 06:20 PM..

1 week ago '17        #7
bmf24eva 6 heat pts
space
space
Now its starting to make sense.

And that kinda helps explain Watchmen HBO when DC coulda released their own version and kept it.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #8
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2864 2864
Such a waste cause jld is some good members and arcs...

Zatana-eye candy
Constantine-anti hero
Dr Fate
Swamp Thing
Etregen

A few others but them alone is a interesting idea
+7   

1 week ago '06        #9
space
space
space
 bmf24eva said

And that kinda helps explain Watchmen HBO when DC coulda released their own version and kept it.
$17 a month though?

1 week ago '04        #10
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
 bmf24eva said

They gonna lose....
Disney bout to cut EVERYBODY BY THE JUGGLER......

The mouse is literally a juggernaut.....

@7 bucks has me tempted
+2   

1 week ago '17        #11
bmf24eva 6 heat pts
space
space
I just mean it makes sense why they stopped airing Swamp Thing and might close DC streaming sh*t down.

If you AT&T and bought Warner...why the fu*k u gonna let DC keep their sh*t (that you own) when you pushing your own Streaming platform thats starting in a few months and looking for original sh*t people wanna see.

And people will pay it if they getting HBO original series and DC originals.

Titans season 2 and Swamp Thing airing at launch i'm betting

Last edited by bmf24eva; 06-11-2019 at 06:43 PM..

1 week ago '17        #12
Naga Sadow 44 heat pts44
space
space
$13,010 | Props total: 54059 54059
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Such a waste cause jld is some good members and arcs...

Zatana-eye candy
Constantine-anti hero
Dr Fate
Swamp Thing
Etregen

A few others but them alone is a interesting idea
Deadman would be a good add in too.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #13
skater118 4 heat pts
space
space
$913 | Props total: 836 836
That sucks damn

1 week ago '05        #14
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,983 | Props total: 3243 3243
 bmf24eva said
sh*t is weird.

Was saying same thing to co worker. Something is up.
I was hoping Disney threw the bag at them but doubt it.
No way they just up and cancel swamp thing especially other networks trying to pick it up.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #15
Hellmatic 3 heat pts
space
space
$22,006 | Props total: 31753 31753
they fu*ked up

1 week ago '18        #16
Pastor Ra 73 heat pts73
space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 9774 9774
 bmf24eva said
I just mean it makes sense why they stopped airing Swamp Thing and might close DC streaming sh*t down.

If you AT&T and bought Warner...why the fu*k u gonna let DC keep their sh*t (that you own) when you pushing your own Streaming platform thats starting in a few months and looking for original sh*t people wanna see.

And people will pay it if they getting HBO original series and DC originals.

Titans season 2 and Swamp Thing airing at launch i'm betting
Said this when they changed 13 episodes to 10, then said it again when the show was cancelled. DC Universe is a great idea with great execution, but AT&T sees it as bad because they're about to go to war with Disney. AT&T was buying Warner when DC Universe was conceived. They had their own baby to battle Disney and DC Universe handicaps them. They have the WarnerMedia service and can't fund DC Universe while f*ghting Disney's service.

The smart thing to do would be to make DC Universe like a subsection of the WarnerMedia service, but I highly doubt that happens.

I've wanted Jason Blood and Zatanna in live action form for so long. Maybe even Amethyst, Deadman, and Pandora as well.

1 week ago '04        #17
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
Didnt mean to slap

Such a shame the animation side of DC is top notch, but they can't get live action right whatsoever...
+2   

1 week ago '04        #18
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
I really likes man of steel, was the super man movie I wanted since a kid....
They should have went with the trinity first, introducing various members of jl thru 3-4 movies....(mos, ww, world finest, batman , justice league..)

Boom they would have started to gain momentum, then skys the limit, they have so much rich source material and they own it all...smh
+2   

1 week ago '04        #19
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
Just caught episode 1 and 2 not bad at all

1 week ago '10        #20
Bandito 230 heat pts230
space
space
space
$8,738 | Props total: 21417 21417
USA Network was able to have a Swamp Thing TV show in the 90's last 3 seasons with a very minimal budget. There is a built in audience for the character right there. Plus, the 2 movies from the 80's were shown on cable tv regularly.

I don't know why this incarnation didn't work out even before it aired. There had to some behind the scenes politics involved.
+1   

1 week ago '18        #21
Pastor Ra 73 heat pts73
space
space
$2,968 | Props total: 9774 9774
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Didnt mean to slap

Such a shame the animation side of DC is top notch, but they can't get live action right whatsoever...
You're saying that they can't get live action right, but didn't watch Swamp Thing yet
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Just caught episode 1 and 2 not bad at all
Really?
 Bandito said
USA Network was able to have a Swamp Thing TV show in the 90's last 3 seasons with a very minimal budget. There is a built in audience for the character right there. Plus, the 2 movies from the 80's were shown on cable tv regularly.

I don't know why this incarnation didn't work out even before it aired. There had to some behind the scenes politics involved.
AT&T runs Warner now and they're aiming to be competitive with Disney. DC Universe is a conflict of interest to their WarnerMedia service. They just fully acquired Warner last year and DC Universe was conceived as they were buying it. Swamp Thing was the most expensive, so it was the first to go.

The service will be gone within 2 years. They will slowly get rid of it. It's not about whether Swamp Thing is good or not. DC Universe wasn't in their plans. If you look at social media, people are pissed that they would cancel it while the 1st episode was so good. This was obviously premeditated. It was a different take on a comic book show and a breath of fresh air from repetitive formulaic shows on now.

USA wouldn't work because it's basic cable. USA takes on the more adult themes, but is still limited. It needs to be premium cable or Netflix.
+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
+74online now  38
NBA 10 Things you Didn't Know About The 1996 Bulls
116 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+29online now  33
Image(s) inside The Jamaican drink that gives you extra inches in bed
228 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
191 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+88online now  14
Image(s) inside Social Anxiety Thot
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy