Damn, I never knew Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP" sold 1.76 million copies in 1st week

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '10        #51
DATKIDD121 55 heat pts55
space
space
$10,805 | Props total: 15112 15112
 Cutty Olds said
No they wouldn't because you're forgetting the quality aspect that was heavy back then...that sh*t really meant something...and creativity also mattered.

Migos, and Drake might have had a decent career depending on when they dropped...and it would have had to have been during the Bling/Super Producer/Ringtone era ...but they definitely wouldn't have been as big

But NONE of them n*ggas would have done Em numbers...and you know why
U are so off its funny

U realize this was all during an Era when they were saying "hip-hop is dead" right?

Everybody was hatin on the south cuz n*ggas was doin numbers and signing nice distribution deals, and going platinum off club songs

Y'all n*ggas got short term memory

Last edited by DATKIDD121; 06-11-2019 at 07:13 PM..

1 week ago '16        #52
AMG2M4 97 heat pts97
space
space
$6,438 | Props total: 10974 10974
 504 said
We know them w
[spoiler - click to view]

ppl only brought it
Well, DUH! Our culture doesn't encourage stealing...unless it's from criminals on some Robin Hood sh*t, or people that don't know wtf they're doing. People beneath us get the YOINK treatment while we empower one another of our own kind! You would never understand that privilege and luxury.

1 week ago '04        #53
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,266 | Props total: 4624 4624
 Cutty Olds said
No they wouldn't because you're forgetting the quality aspect that was heavy back then...that sh*t really meant something...and creativity also mattered.

Migos, and Drake might have had a decent career depending on when they dropped...and it would have had to have been during the Bling/Super Producer/Ringtone era ...but they definitely wouldn't have been as big

But Nelly was doing Eminem numbers during that same era
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '14        #54
LuckiiWaviano 632 heat pts632
space
space
$22,778 | Props total: 40592 40592
n*gga was dominatin sht
+2   

1 week ago '16        #55
stealthm91 271 heat pts271
space
space
$5,800 | Props total: 15776 15776

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by stealthm91; 06-11-2019 at 07:39 PM..
+1   

1 week ago '15        #56
Mystic 289 heat pts289
space
space
$11,513 | Props total: 21649 21649
 NinetyThree94 said
Remember too, that this was back during the early stages of the piracy/Napster era. So i'm sure at least another million could've sold if people weren't illegally burning the album.

Side note - I don't think there's any 2 hip hop artists, past or present, that together could sell more than 1.76 million. I'm not talking about those phony streams either. So don't be coming in here mentioning Drake or Lil Wayne.

Hail Marshall!

Still a trash album outside of a couple tracks

1 week ago '16        #57
stealthm91 271 heat pts271
space
space
$5,800 | Props total: 15776 15776

[video - click to view]

1 week ago '05        #58
mezziebone 
space
space
space
$599 | Props total: 791 791
weezy

1 week ago '04        #59
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$20,176 | Props total: 3938 3938
I remember being at summer basketball camp in 2000 and everyone was listening to the burned CD version of Marshall Mathers LP.

We all thought it was a dope album back then. White kids, black kids, Spanish kids, everyone.

My homie Jorge gave me a free copy.

Sh*t fu*ks me up that I been listening to Eminem since middle school.

Iím in my 30ís now.

Eminem selling 1.7 mil his first week,

Wayne selling 1 mil his first week for carter 3,

DMX releasing two albums in one year which went multi platinum in years to come...

best rap album selling stories imo
+1   

1 week ago '18        #60
therealbkh 
space
space
$521 | Props total: 898 898

[pic - click to view]

1 week ago '17        #61
Pretty Tone 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,117 | Props total: 23440 23440
You be suprised how many people bought that album and its probably the only rapper they liaten to or rap they listen to at all. All those record sells he does is horse sh*t

1 week ago '17        #62
NinetyThree94 151 heat pts151 OP
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 6917 6917
 Mystic said
Still a trash album outside of a couple tracks
Yeah, riiight.

1 week ago '15        #63
Mystic 289 heat pts289
space
space
$11,513 | Props total: 21649 21649
 NinetyThree94 said
Yeah, riiight.
Facts

1 week ago '19        #64
mostagilegorill 
space
space
$113 | Props total: 90 90
 DATKIDD121 said
n*gga cut it

And I'm not one of these Lil goofy new n*ggas but don't over hype that album. It's so weird now

Cuz back when nelly was actually hot, so called Street n*ggas and n*ggas on the internet was Hatin hard

Sayin he was k*llin the culture, too pop, too singy, etc

Its like everything from that Era is now praised. Just look at ja rule, old cash money, mase, Crunk music, etc

n*ggas sh*tted on all that sh*t now they get nostalgia and show love
Wtf you talking about breh.. that album is fun melodic with creative original flows and has international hits

1 week ago '16        #65
Young F----t 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,164 | Props total: 2624 2624
 Cutty Olds said

I should have switched that part about doing Em numbers but I was tryna say they would be competition on the charts. With the video shows, the market was slim. That's why so many great rappers from back then are slept on. They didn't have the same push.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #66
Kade 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 6099 6099
 BluRevolver said
All the "i don't like rap but i like eminem" 's of the world bought that sh*t. We all know them numbers inflated. Eminem said it himself
I don't see how that matters. Who gives a sh*t who buys the sh*t. I never got this flex... "Only white suburban kids bought it." That 13 year old girl purchase is just as important as your's "Real n*gga."

1 week ago '05        #67
jvee 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,117 | Props total: 504 504
Luckily i wasnt one of those bi*ches who bought it

1 week ago '13        #68
BluRevolver 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,291 | Props total: 6717 6717
 Kade said
I don't see how that matters. Who gives a sh*t who buys the sh*t. I never got this flex... "Only white suburban kids bought it." That 13 year old girl purchase is just as important as your's "Real n*gga."
People like to say that sales define the quality of the album. And you have a big chunk of people buying the album just because it's eminem but they don't like hip hop.

So when you say eminem is better than x because he sold more albums you arent comparing the same thing. Eminems numbers are inflated with ppl who dont care about hiphop outside of eminem. Those sales numbers arent entriely hip hop fans. Eminem has appeal to a group of people that other rappers dont so to compare their album sales will almost always put eminem as the winner.

If u wanna argue em is better than someone cause of his skill/technique/rhyme patterns its cool. But to sit there and say he's better because of sales nahh

1 week ago '11        #69
Kade 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 6099 6099
 BluRevolver said
People like to say that sales define the quality of the album. And you have a big chunk of people buying the album just because it's eminem but they don't like hip hop.

So when you say eminem is better than x because he sold more albums you arent comparing the same thing. Eminems numbers are inflated with ppl who dont care about hiphop outside of eminem. Those sales numbers arent entriely hip hop fans. Eminem has appeal to a group of people that other rappers dont so to compare their album sales will almost always put eminem as the winner.

If u wanna argue em is better than someone cause of his skill/technique/rhyme patterns its cool. But to sit there and say he's better because of sales nahh
That applies to everyone. You think only black people bought Tupac albums? There's no real way of knowing who bought what and we shouldn't care anyway. You can't judge it like that. That's insanely foolish.
+1   

1 week ago '14        #70
Greenghost2212 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,075 | Props total: 1653 1653
 Norfolk said
Look who was buying his albums that's why he sold that much that don't count as hiphop
This sh*t is stupid as hell lol. U think only black people bought Nelly album ? Or Jay or biggie huh? n*ggas forget that em actually did a REAL feature with biggie not no post death bullsh*t.

1 week ago '04        #71
JFamis 245 heat pts245
space
space
$17,825 | Props total: 6540 6540
 Atlantian123 said
Did he have two number one singles before his album dropped, and another number one after it dropped?
Things didnít work that way back then... Billboard was all based on physical single sales and radio airplay. Rap singles rarely went #1 like they do now. It was also extremely rare to release two singles before an album was actually on the shelves. Both The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show only had one single each when they hit stores...

But Crack A Bottle went platinum before Relapse dropped, and it almost went gold in a week off iTunes sales alone, and Not Afraid did the same the next year. Both those songs debuted at #1 on Billboard just off the strength of iTunes sales. And Love the Way You Lie went like diamond, so Iím sure it wouldíve too, and those three singles all dropped within about 13 months of each other.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #72
CrAkKedOuT 1052 heat pts1052
space
space
space
$25,574 | Props total: 20173 20173
Album was bumpin at every cookout. Good times.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #73
JFamis 245 heat pts245
space
space
$17,825 | Props total: 6540 6540
 CrAkKedOuT said
Album was bumpin at every cookout. Good times.

1 week ago '19        #74
Atlantian123 4 heat pts
space
space
$300 | Props total: 480 480
 JFamis said
Things didn’t work that way back then... Billboard was all based on physical single sales and radio airplay. Rap singles rarely went #1 like they do now. It was also extremely rare to release two singles before an album was actually on the shelves. Both The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show only had one single each when they hit stores...

But Crack A Bottle went platinum before Relapse dropped, and it almost went gold in a week off iTunes sales alone, and Not Afraid did the same the next year. Both those songs debuted at #1 on Billboard just off the strength of iTunes sales. And Love the Way You Lie went like diamond, so I’m sure it would’ve too, and those three singles all dropped within about 13 months of each other.
Drake had 4 #'1 in a year so he wins (with sicko mode)

Last edited by Atlantian123; 06-12-2019 at 04:01 PM..

1 week ago '11        #75
whothebestmc 101 heat pts101
space
space
$21,272 | Props total: 12718 12718
 NinetyThree94 said
Eminem literally NEVER said any of this
Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself
If they were brown, Shady'd lose, Shady sits on the shelf
But Shady's cute, Shady knew Shady's dimples would help
Make ladies swoon, baby (ooh, baby!) ó look at my sales!
Let's do the math: if I was black, I woulda sold half
I ain't have to graduate from Lincoln High School to know that

Home      

most viewed right now
+132online now  27
Image(s) inside Milf Bod
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-47online now  24
Video inside They need to isolate Atlanta, yall niccas got radiation in yall water.
139 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  13
Jun 18 - Rep. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell - Reparations are not a g..
226 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
213 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy