Damn, I never knew Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP" sold 1.76 million copies in 1st week

most viewed right now
+45  165
42 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '10        #26
DATKIDD121 57 heat pts57
space
space
$10,867 | Props total: 15414 15414
 Johnny Drama said
Pity I wasn’t standing in front of you.

I’d slap the head of you.
Pause

That belongs to my scrotum you'll never get hold of it
+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #27
Jhnnyblz427 198 heat pts198
space
space
$42,074 | Props total: 33836 33836
 DATKIDD121 said
Pause

That belongs to my scrotum you'll never get hold of it
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #28
Atlantian123 4 heat pts
space
space
$317 | Props total: 505 505
Drake would easily sell 2+ million first week if he debuted in the physical sales era. He already sold 1 mill with VIEWS, and 1.7 million with Scorpion (with singles), 2 million is definitely possible for him.

2 weeks ago '17        #29
Yah123 
space
space
space
$81 | Props total: 111 111
Sounds about white

2 weeks ago '17        #30
NinetyThree94 156 heat pts156 OP
space
space
$2,530 | Props total: 7183 7183
 Yah123 said
Sounds about white
Excuse me?

2 weeks ago '04        #31
JFamis 245 heat pts245
space
space
$17,825 | Props total: 6540 6540
 Atlantian123 said
Drake would easily sell 2+ million first week if he debuted in the physical sales era. He already sold 1 mill with VIEWS, and 1.7 million with Scorpion (with singles), 2 million is definitely possible for him.
Eminem had singles going multi-plat back then too on top of his albums.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #32
Soo Special OG 50 heat pts50
space
space
space
$9,755 | Props total: 18913 18913
 Atlantian123 said
Drake wouldnt even be able drop an album from 85-06
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #33
rotstreetz 
space
space
space
$2,283 | Props total: 2471 2471
That was during the TRL era. Em, Brittany Spears, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, and Nelly all sold a ridiculous amount of records.

2 weeks ago '19        #34
Norfolk 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$121 | Props total: 481 481
Look who was buying his albums that's why he sold that much that don't count as hiphop
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #35
rotstreetz 
space
space
space
 Atlantian123 said
I don't think it's a slam dunk. This was pre Kanye West. Drake would've actually had to rap back then. Ja Rule was probably the closest to a Drake and he never had a million in one week. After his 1st album no guys were checking for a Ja Rule album.

2 weeks ago '16        #36
Young F----t 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,193 | Props total: 2708 2708
People like to discredit the new era because of streams but act like the top artists werent pop sensations. Like they didnt have the machine shoving them in your face. Back when music videos played on tv all day... back when there were actual music video shows. Cut it out. If these new artists had the same promo, they'd do the same numbers Em did.

Give them credit, these streaming artists do it with social media and ads. They put more work in to get those streams then your Ems, Jays, and Nellys.

2 weeks ago '06        #37
"SS" 32 heat pts32
space
space
$12,113 | Props total: 13740 13740
 rotstreetz said
I don't think it's a slam dunk. This was pre Kanye West. Drake would've actually had to rap back then. Ja Rule was probably the closest to a Drake and he never had a million in one week. After his 1st album no guys were checking for a Ja Rule album.
Carter 3 did a million+ in a week, 500 thousand first day(highest ever i believe), and i think 2 million by the second week...and he did this in 08 at the height of the download era. In 02 he woulda easily did 2 million first week
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #38
Young F----t 2 heat pts
space
space
 rotstreetz said
Drake does rap. Ja Rule wasnt a technical lyricist anyway. Drake would have sold because he (or whoever runs his moves) is smarter than any artist ever on the PR side. Drake manipulates his Ls into success. Its not because the era either. Its his character.

2 weeks ago '16        #39
Young F----t 2 heat pts
space
space
 "SS" said
Carter 3 did a million+ in a week, 500 thousand first day(highest ever i believe), and i think 2 million by the second week...and he did this in 08 at the height of the download era. In 02 he woulda easily did 2 million first week
Didnt think of that but thats true. Carter 4 did a little short of a million in a week. His impact was way bigger than Em.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #40
rotstreetz 
space
space
space
 "SS" said
True but the run that Wayne had to go on in order to do that took about 2-3 years to build up. How many mixtapes and guest features did he do from Carter 2 until Carter 3? Em put out a single (The Real Slim Shady) and a video to match and there you had it.and it was more mixtape era then download era. Em did that in Napster era/ album leaking weeks in advance. Wayne redid Carter 3 how many times?

2 weeks ago '06        #41
"SS" 32 heat pts32
space
space
$12,113 | Props total: 13740 13740
 rotstreetz said
True but the run that Wayne had to go on in order to do that took about 2-3 years to build up. How many mixtapes and guest features did he do from Carter 2 until Carter 3? Em put out a single (The Real Slim Shady) and a video to match and there you had it.and it was more mixtape era then download era. Em did that in Napster era/ album leaking weeks in advance. Wayne redid Carter 3 how many times?
True but how many times did dam near the whole album leak and he had to call the sh*t a mixtape and redo it. And every n*gga i know had that album and none of em paid for it, so i can imagine what was going on around the country, but we aint gonna compare apples to oranges...let's just say em was the hottest rapper when mmlp dropped and wayne was the hottest when the carter 3 dropped. Head to head in the same era under the same circumstances they woulda both did numbers

2 weeks ago '19        #42
Atlantian123 4 heat pts
space
space
$317 | Props total: 505 505
 rotstreetz said
I meant if people still bought albums today, not if Drake existed in those days

JFamis said
Eminem had singles going multi-plat back then too on top of his albums.
Did he have two number one singles before his album dropped, and another number one after it dropped?

2 weeks ago '05        #43
rotstreetz 
space
space
space
 Young F----t said
Drake does rap. Ja Rule wasnt a technical lyricist anyway. Drake would have sold because he (or whoever runs his moves) is smarter than any artist ever on the PR side. Drake manipulates his Ls into success. Its not because the era either. Its his character.
Back then that Quentin Miller sh*t wouldn't fly. I'm not saying Drake wouldn't of sold. But he wasn't doing 1.76 million. Hell let's not act like Adele and Taylor Swift aren't putting physical numbers up in this streaming era.

2 weeks ago '19        #44
mostagilegorill 
space
space
$125 | Props total: 92 92
Those who weren’t present during that time will never understand how BIG Eminem was. I have never seen anything close to it till this day and probably never will. Maybe 50 Cent at the height of his prime, but even that was nothing compared to the level of hype fascination admiration worship curiosity anticipation and interest Eminem generated.
+4   

2 weeks ago '10        #45
DATKIDD121 57 heat pts57
space
space
 Young F----t said
People like to discredit the new era because of streams but act like the top artists werent pop sensations. Like they didnt have the machine shoving them in your face. Back when music videos played on tv all day... back when there were actual music video shows. Cut it out. If these new artists had the same promo, they'd do the same numbers Em did.

Give them credit, these streaming artists do it with social media and ads. They put more work in to get those streams then your Ems, Jays, and Nellys.
All facts

I mean got damn.. Nelly sold ten million fu*kin albums with country grammar

TEN MILLION

2 weeks ago '04        #46
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$18,250 | Props total: 9833 9833
nvm

2 weeks ago '04        #47
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$18,250 | Props total: 9833 9833
 Young F----t said

No they wouldn't because you're forgetting the quality aspect that was heavy back then...that sh*t really meant something...and creativity also mattered.

Migos, and Drake might have had a decent career depending on when they dropped...and it would have had to have been during the Bling/Super Producer/Ringtone era ...but they definitely wouldn't have been as big

But NONE of them n*ggas would have done Em numbers...and you know why

2 weeks ago '15        #48
g0dfather 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,022 | Props total: 10150 10150
2 back to back classic , marshall is a legend
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #49
mostagilegorill 
space
space
$125 | Props total: 92 92
 DATKIDD121 said
All facts

I mean got damn.. Nelly sold ten million fu*kin albums with country grammar

TEN MILLION
there is not a single album from any new artists close to the quality of country grammar.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #50
DATKIDD121 57 heat pts57
space
space
 mostagilegorill said
there is not a single album from any new artists close to the quality of country grammar.
n*gga cut it

And I'm not one of these Lil goofy new n*ggas but don't over hype that album. It's so weird now

Cuz back when nelly was actually hot, so called Street n*ggas and n*ggas on the internet was Hatin hard

Sayin he was k*llin the culture, too pop, too singy, etc

Its like everything from that Era is now praised. Just look at ja rule, old cash money, mase, Crunk music, etc

n*ggas sh*tted on all that sh*t now they get nostalgia and show love

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  40
Jun 24 - McDonald's started using fresh meat. Here's what happened to sales
174 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+104online now  40
Video inside “While yall were screaming oscars so white I went and built my own, I d..
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-19online now  31
Jun 24 - Home Depot co-founder: Bernie Sanders is the 'enemy of every entrepre..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside HOLY sh-t: NIPSEY MOM Is EXPOSING LAPD & MEDIA At BET AWARD DURING SPE..
304 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy