Better Villain: Ledger as Joker or Brolin as Thanos?

most viewed right now
+45  158
42 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Ledger's Joker or Brolin's Thanos
Ledger's Joker 146 66.97%
Brolin's Thanos 72 33.03%
Voters: 218. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

2 weeks ago '15        #76
Chevyboyy23 
space
space
space
$446 | Props total: 500 500
Joker by a narrow margin

2 weeks ago '04        #77
Dash 227 heat pts227
space
space
space
$14,213 | Props total: 39512 39512
 Hakeem said
Tom hardy as Bane was so cold,

[pic - click to view]

top 5 easy...
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #78
slim_d20 22 heat pts22
space
space
$6,130 | Props total: 7879 7879
Ok 1 Heath's Joker wasn't that profound it was just Frank Miller's Joker you can't give an honest opinion of the performance if you don't know the source material it's pulled from. Jack Nicholson's Joker was actually better because he did the Frank Miller Joker first and was still violent/crazy, non clownish like the TV show, as the movie could be with at the time (no chaos theory youtube vid for you folks to go get instasmart on at the time) so that wouldn't have worked as a plot-point. It was the perfect balance of the villain people knew and adapting it to the timeframe understood if you weren't alive yet you honestly can't reference it. But Ledger made comic book movies marketable without Ledger's performance in Dark Knight you don't have an MCU, that's how good it was.

Thanos even though this is a fractured Infinity Gauntlet story Brolin and minus because he's basically voice acting because the character had to be CGI, but he pulled it off he made me believe that was Thanos on screen. They both epitomized their respective characters to a t.

But winner is Ledger Joker it's a complete performance it wasn't only his words it was his movement he was made for that role. Brolin was kinda handicapped from jump but he made me believe.

2 weeks ago '04        #79
Dash 227 heat pts227
space
space
space
 44wade said
Thought the sh*t was dope as fu*k when Thanos said he was the only one who understands.

That he was the only one strong enough to "save" the universe.

Kids who wake up with full bellies never known hunger.

Legit got you thinking Thanos might have a point
then after he realized the world couldn't get over all they lost, he said i shoulda just k*lled all these hoes

he was wrong. hell, you making half the world work even harder to have something for themselves.
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #80
marvbx 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$790 | Props total: 1539 1539
Isn't this an insanely unfair comparison?

A better one is Thanos to Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Or Thanos toone of those apes from Planet of the Apes.

You can't compare a computerized character to one that is not. Why? Because, for example, if Brolin doesn't facially convey what the director/character is asking for in a scene, it can be taken care of digitally. With Ledger, his whole acting is unadulterated.

So Ledger.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #81
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 4962 4962
Impossible to compare the 2.

Joker was a pure anarachist, an agent of chaos. Just wanted to watch the world burn

Thanos was patient, relentless, calculated, and in his point of view, doing the right thing.

Definitely the 2 best villains i've ever seen tho
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #82
skillahmang 3 heat pts
space
space
$28,594 | Props total: 23481 23481
Thanos the best super hero of all time.
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #83
ImAMonster 461 heat pts461
space
space
$39,548 | Props total: 15957 15957
Thanos was CGI for the most part. Heath actually had to act through and through.

And his Joker was what the Joker really was. Just a maniac who didn't want anything more than to torment people.

Thanos cool and all but that superpower sh*t is lame. Joker was the best villain to me.

Joker vs. Batman will forever be the goat conflict. Neither of them had powers. The joker was maniacal but human. Bruce Wayne was rich and well trained but human. A true good vs. evil matchup.

+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #84
Kick N da Door 98 heat pts98
space
space
$6,966 | Props total: 14639 14639
Ledger for the acting

But man did Thanos have quotables for days
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #85
Silky Johnson 
space
space
$219 | Props total: 289 289
LEDGER. But the best joker (thus far). Was Jack.

[video - click to view]

2 weeks ago '04        #86
Dash 227 heat pts227
space
space
space
 Silky Johnson said
LEDGER. But the best joker (thus far). Was Jack.

no way...

The shyt Heath did was uncomparable

This was NOT heath Ledger. He got completely lost in this role and it's clear as day.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Dash; 06-11-2019 at 11:54 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #87
Dope Man 730 21 heat pts21
space
space
$2,005 | Props total: 2794 2794
Joker

2 weeks ago '19        #88
Silky Johnson 
space
space
$219 | Props total: 289 289
Ledger was exaggerated and Jack was witty, sarcastic and natural. We disagree

2 weeks ago '16        #89
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
$2,027 | Props total: 2664 2664
 r.burgundy said
She didn't have the glove half off
And even still if all it took was a thought, she shouldn't have been able to do anything
They nerfed the power in endgame. But you seem to be in the mood to argue. I’m not. So peace.

2 weeks ago '05        #90
Ushouldpayme 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,093 | Props total: 799 799
Great comparison. The Joker gets the nod.

2 weeks ago '07        #91
*-InfiniMatic-* 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,326 | Props total: 5225 5225
 Comicsnow said
Or

Art has to come from somewhere. I bet that guy even learned from an old Western movie or something how he wanted people to see him as. Give Ledger his props. Just because he used someone’s style in a movie doesn’t take away his legacy or artistry. The music you listen to today sounds like somebody else from the past.

We all wanted to see that “darkness” out of the Joker and Batman. Everyone in the world that’s a Batman fan felt that BEFORE Heath Ledger acted as the Joker. He felt that too. So it’s nothing new in no ones case, but Ledger did it better.

And you crazy to think the guy in this video can portray a better Joker than Heath did. From the explosions, to the interrogation room, to the pencil in the eye trick, or the scene where him and Batman played chicken. Not just no one scene where a n*gga just sitting there smoking a cigarette. Nah playa, you gotta come with a better “or” than that lol.

2 weeks ago '04        #92
Mike T 178 heat pts178
space
space
$17,236 | Props total: 32731 32731
 r.burgundy said
All josh did was a voice lol
I don't think you're familiar with motion capture. Josh was suited up on set just like everyone else. All those movements & facial expressions were his.
Andy Serkis is the mo cap God though

@524

[video - click to view]

2 weeks ago '14        #93
Comicsnow 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,217 | Props total: 13136 13136
 *-InfiniMatic-* said
Art has to come from somewhere. I bet that guy even learned from an old Western movie or something (or heroin , ive seen a baser before )how he wanted people to see him as. Give Ledger his props. Just because he used someone’s style in a movie doesn’t take away his legacy or artistry ( no it doesn't , but if someone trace the Mona Lisa and add sh*t , they still incredibly talented , just not as skilled as someone who created a original piece ). The music you listen to today sounds like somebody else from the past. (yes but Lupe docent get more credit then rakim , if you know hiphop you get the analogy

We all wanted to see that “darkness” out of the Joker and Batman. Everyone in the world that’s a Batman fan felt that BEFORE Heath Ledger acted as the Joker. He felt that too. So it’s nothing new in no ones case, but Ledger did it better.

And you crazy to think the guy in this video can portray a better Joker than Heath did.( i don't think he could do better , but I think he could do just as good , we give credit to ledger because his take on joker was so off putting and menacing , but that's how dude in vid naturally , and if you don't think a baser can be menacing I'd suggest going to a good 7-11 and let ya girl pump the gas and see how uneasy you feel From the explosions, to the interrogation room, to the pencil in the eye trick, or the scene where him and Batman played chicken. Not just no one scene where a n*gga just sitting there smoking a cigarette. Nah playa, you gotta come with a better “or” than that lol.feindscbreak into to cars and houses all the time , they also really get away from it and get interrogated, and a n*ggas tried running up on me with a box cutter fu*k a pencil
(me)

Before this get confused for me saying heath not talented he is , it's just the way he portrayed joker essentially was what happens when you see a crack head get arrested in certain neighborhoods , so he had a lot of people to draw inspiration from , that resonated more with people who never saw anything like that

My bad I'm mad tired so I might've rambled but .. I'm not editing

Basically Jamie fox portrayal of Ray Charles
( erratic moving and talking former addict)
Is Oscar worthy an amazing portrayal but if Jamie made that up he a genius , instead her a really good actor , as is heath

2 weeks ago '14        #94
Cuttysark 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 13379 13379
So many votes for Thanos

Mouse got you n*ggas hemmed up
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #95
Cuttysark 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 13379 13379
 Naga Sadow said
Joker. Thanos in the movie didn't really capture how ruthless cunning, intelligent, tactful, and powerful Thanos really is. I got mad when he had to use the gauntlet to beat Captain Marvel. He would've dusted her quick, fast, and in a hurry.
This

Movie nerfed dude something serious
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #96
CosbySweater 304 heat pts304
space
space
$37,532 | Props total: 22139 22139
You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me, that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist. I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do. I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then... With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe.

- Thanos

+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #97
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$41,738 | Props total: 8636 8636
 Mike T said
I don't think you're familiar with motion capture. Josh was suited up on set just like everyone else. All those movements & facial expressions were his.
Andy Serkis is the mo cap God though

@524

Thanos was primarily cgi.
You coulda played thanos and nobody would even know the difference.

Some cool lines, the shock of seeing him on screen , and the fact that in 21 marvel movies, there are about 3 memorable villains all make thanos stand out.

Heath brought joker to life. That was acting

2 weeks ago '09        #98
abstruse 
space
space
$2,911 | Props total: 1536 1536
thanos was fu*king ambitious,joker's motive was child's play compare to thanos and thanos the one of most powerful villians in comic history,this match is not even fair

2 weeks ago '04        #99
kniccalodeon 
space
space
space
$2,089 | Props total: 4561 4561
 r.burgundy said
Thanos was primarily cgi.
You coulda played thanos and nobody would even know the difference.

Some cool lines, the shock of seeing him on screen , and the fact that in 21 marvel movies, there are about 3 memorable villains all make thanos stand out.

Heath brought joker to life. That was acting
You’re not appreciating what Brolin brought to the character because it was altered with CGI. We’ve seen CGI villains before, but not like this. Brolin was there making every face, Thanos’ face is Brolin’s face. This is a villain that they had no choice but to use technology with because of his stature, but that doesn’t take away from Brolin’s performance.
You can’t disregard what he did for the character like that, he made Thanos into that amazing character. Nobody else could’ve done what he did. The same way Ledger did what he did. because it’s not conventional acting, people act like it’s not ACTING. That’s like saying the Lion King characters from the cartoon did nothing to bring the characters to life.

2 weeks ago '07        #100
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$41,738 | Props total: 8636 8636
 kniccalodeon said
You’re not appreciating what Brolin brought to the character because it was altered with CGI. We’ve seen CGI villains before, but not like this. Brolin was there making every face, Thanos’ face is Brolin’s face. This is a villain that they had no choice but to use technology with because of his stature, but that doesn’t take away from Brolin’s performance.
You can’t disregard what he did for the character like that, he made Thanos into that amazing character. Nobody else could’ve done what he did. The same way Ledger did what he did. because it’s not conventional acting, people act like it’s not ACTING. That’s like saying the Lion King characters from the cartoon did nothing to bring the characters to life.
That's acting with a cheat code lol.
And yes in sense, they bring characters to life,but this is why they have their own separate category at the oscars.
Thanos was cool for a marvel villain perfomance but heath sh*t was a legendary performance regardless of genre

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  40
Jun 24 - McDonald's started using fresh meat. Here's what happened to sales
174 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+104online now  40
Video inside “While yall were screaming oscars so white I went and built my own, I d..
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-19online now  31
Jun 24 - Home Depot co-founder: Bernie Sanders is the 'enemy of every entrepre..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside HOLY sh-t: NIPSEY MOM Is EXPOSING LAPD & MEDIA At BET AWARD DURING SPE..
304 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy