Better Villain: Ledger as Joker or Brolin as Thanos?

most viewed right now
+50  163
44 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Ledger's Joker or Brolin's Thanos
Ledger's Joker 146 66.97%
Brolin's Thanos 72 33.03%
Voters: 218. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

2 weeks ago '16        #51
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
$2,027 | Props total: 2664 2664
 44wade said
Thought the sh*t was dope as fu*k when Thanos said he was the only one who understands.

That he was the only one strong enough to "save" the universe.

Kids who wake up with full bellies never known hunger.

Legit got you thinking Thanos might have a point
If thanos was black with a dreadlock Mohawk, Boxden would understand. But alas. He is purple.

2 weeks ago '07        #52
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$41,738 | Props total: 8636 8636
 tre0624 said
exactly!! i seen some people comment on there thanos wasn't good. what the fu*k movie were they watching. He was the best character in the series

Motherfu*ker said U could not live with your own failure. What did that bring u back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life the other half would thrive but u shown me thats impossible. and as long as people remember what was they will be unable to accept what can be.

But im thankful lol.... u wont be here to tell them

crazy how i remember that sh*t
Thanos being the best character isn't saying much lol.
None of the avengers are interesting and we have been seeing them for 10 years and 20 movies
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #53
B Murda 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$2,878 | Props total: 2356 2356
Ima have to go with Josh because of the fact that he had less to go off of. There were plenty of iterations of the Joker in the past for Heath to prepare from. Thanos was kind of a new character as far as pop culture goes and he k*lled it

And a lot of people here are comparing their characters. I think the point of the thread is to compare each of their individual performances.

Edit:
Also the fact that there were multiple great Jokers in the past kind of lessens the impact of Heath's performance for me, not to say it still isnt an all time great performance.

Last edited by B Murda; 06-11-2019 at 01:35 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #54
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 BraveSoleXIII said
if the question is who k*lled their role more? I'm saying ledger by a hair.

if you're asking who was the scarier villain? I felt helpless watching infinity war. felt like dude couldn't be beat. and I felt his goals were righteous.
Even though you watched him get beat by some dudes with barely any powers?

Then in the 2nd movie get k*lled by thor,beat up by captain America and beat up by capt marvel even when he had the gauntlet on and u somehow feel he couldn't be beat smh

2 weeks ago '07        #55
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 B Murda said
Ima have to go with Josh because of the fact that he had less to go off of. There were plenty of iterations of the Joker in the past for Heath to prepare from. Thanos was kind of a new character as far as pop culture goes and he k*lled it

And a lot of people here are comparing their characters. I think the point of the thread is to compare each of their individual performances.
All josh did was a voice lol

2 weeks ago '14        #56
B Murda 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$2,878 | Props total: 2356 2356
 r.burgundy said
All josh did was a voice lol
Im pretty sure he did the mo cap as well (although i could be wrong)
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #57
ezduzit 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,591 | Props total: 8371 8371
 kriskross00 said
Ledger...acted better...did alot more with less..and to be honest was more brutal...thanos had a plan...joker was just doing sh*t to cause chaos..I feel like that's more dangerous..
less what? the whole movie was so that ledger could put on his best performance...brolin's acting was great but it was more voice acting than anything...silly comparison by the op anyway

2 weeks ago '10        #58
NorCalNocturne 1 heat pts
space
space
$754 | Props total: 548 548
Childish egocentric question. It’s all subjective and the reality is both were great in their own lane and everyone knows it. Everything doesn’t have to be a prick-waving competition of who’s better than who, grow up.

2 weeks ago '14        #59
Comicsnow 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,217 | Props total: 13136 13136
Joker conveyed crime is scary and unpredictable including to cops ( batman ) have to break the law to stop crime

Thanos conveyed society isnt designed to handle overpopulation and believed it to the point hed sacrifice his own health twice ( how he was beat ) and the only person he loved his adoptive daughter

The reason joker winning cuz it's hard to describe thanos as villain , hes more a anti hero ie punisher ect
+4   

2 weeks ago '08        #60
Aragorn Black 1 heat pts
space
space
$349 | Props total: 182 182
the one and only reason thanos would be picked is because we were waiting to see him for 6 damn years to see infinity war. Plus when ledger was first announced for the part, alot of people thought he would suck. ill just pick ledger

2 weeks ago '16        #61
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said
Even though you watched him get beat by some dudes with barely any powers?

Then in the 2nd movie get k*lled by thor,beat up by captain America and beat up by capt marvel even when he had the gauntlet on and u somehow feel he couldn't be beat smh
I guess it was just knowing what he could do by Justin thinking it. He was throwing punches at Ironman when he coulda just snapped and turned him in to bubbles with the reality stone. It was know he could.. but chose not to. Because he was holding back.

2 weeks ago '17        #62
Hakeem 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,681 | Props total: 2439 2439
 Comicsnow said
Joker conveyed crime is scary and unpredictable including to cops ( batman ) have to break the law to stop crime

Thanos conveyed society isnt designed to handle overpopulation and believed it to the point hed sacrifice his own health twice ( how he was beat ) and the only person he loved his adoptive daughter

The reason joker winning cuz it's hard to describe thanos as villain , hes more a anti hero ie punisher ect
Well put.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #63
*-InfiniMatic-* 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,326 | Props total: 5225 5225
 SokeSleezy said
Never thought ledgers joker was that great, still think it was overhyped coz he died at the time
First of all, The Joker is a very hard character to act out. Especially the way Ledger did it. That was full on method acting like the other greats do. Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino are method actors. They really become their characters. That takes a lot out of you man. Like to forget everything you know and become someone else? That's mind-warping. That alone is an applause for good acting because you brought out everything we thought a Joker would act like in real life.

2 weeks ago '07        #64
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 BraveSoleXIII said
I guess it was just knowing what he could do by Justin thinking it. He was throwing punches at Ironman when he coulda just snapped and turned him in to bubbles with the reality stone. It was know he could.. but chose not to. Because he was holding back.
Clearly he couldnt do sh*t by just thinking it being as how he had to take the power stone out his glove just to punch capt marvel

2 weeks ago '07        #65
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 B Murda said
Im pretty sure he did the mo cap as well (although i could be wrong)
Uhh,thanos was cgi my brotha

2 weeks ago '05        #66
Muggz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,161 | Props total: 8515 8515
not even a question...ledger no cgi

2 weeks ago '16        #67
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
 r.burgundy said
Clearly he couldnt do sh*t by just thinking it being as how he had to take the power stone out his glove just to punch capt marvel
that only happened because she had the glove half off. do you not remember how he used the glove in the first move?

2 weeks ago '07        #68
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 BraveSoleXIII said
that only happened because she had the glove half off. do you not remember how he used the glove in the first move?
She didn't have the glove half off
And even still if all it took was a thought, she shouldn't have been able to do anything

2 weeks ago '06        #69
LeMar G 250 heat pts250
space
space
$18,724 | Props total: 54285 54285
Ledger for being so close to the actual character

2 weeks ago '07        #70
ptwist 50 heat pts50
space
space
$17,862 | Props total: 11762 11762
 Dash said
Brolin Thanos the best villain since Ledger's Joker.

Heath still the goat. Sry but it's gonna be hard to top that role. Not many people in hollywood history put on a performance that phenomenal. He completely controlled the film everytime he was on screen.
Joaquin is going to give Heath a run for his money.

Did NOT expect that from the trailer... but I'm very much intrigued.

With all that said, I still think Heath's portrayal will always be top 2-3 all time when it come to villains with a valid argument for GOAT.

2 weeks ago '05        #71
dagame04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,610 | Props total: 417 417
I think with less characters Brolins character would be able to compete. He was sharing the screen with a lot of dudes. Ledger lit up every scene he was in. But he was also competing with 1-2 characters per scene

2 weeks ago '04        #72
qutaboi225 63 heat pts63
space
space
$5,902 | Props total: 13571 13571
n*ggas sleep on Bane tho
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #73
LegendaryLegend 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,495 | Props total: 10777 10777
fu*k that CGI sh*t. That n*gga Ledger creeped you out as if he WAS the Joker, way in character which is the ultimate essence of acting.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #74
Hakeem 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,681 | Props total: 2439 2439
 qutaboi225 said
n*ggas sleep on Bane tho
Tom hardy as Bane was so cold,

[pic - click to view]

+4   

2 weeks ago '14        #75
Comicsnow 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,217 | Props total: 13136 13136
 *-InfiniMatic-* said
First of all, The Joker is a very hard character to act out. Especially the way Ledger did it. That was full on method acting like the other greats do. Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino are method actors. They really become their characters. That takes a lot out of you man. Like to forget everything you know and become someone else? That's mind-warping. That alone is an applause for good acting because you brought out everything we thought a Joker would act like in real life.
Or

[video - click to view]

+3   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  49
Jun 24 - McDonald's started using fresh meat. Here's what happened to sales
177 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+107online now  37
Video inside “While yall were screaming oscars so white I went and built my own, I d..
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-19online now  26
Jun 24 - Home Depot co-founder: Bernie Sanders is the 'enemy of every entrepre..
109 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  21
Image(s) inside HOLY sh-t: NIPSEY MOM Is EXPOSING LAPD & MEDIA At BET AWARD DURING SPE..
307 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy