Shenmue 3 Delayed Again

most viewed right now
+17  88
27 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '07        #26
Bkjj11 4161 heat pts4161
space
space
$104,673 | Props total: 99584 99584
Feel like forever since i reserved this bi*ch lmao

1 week ago '15        #27
T Town84 
space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 4772 4772
Backed mine for ps4... I'd be hot too if I was set on on steam

As far as the delay... Maan, take the time and get the game in its best shape for release. I actually appreciate that their pushing it back.. we see how baaad the press/media can be towards unpolished/unfinished games.. They k*lled mass effect andromeda before we could even get a Dlc

+2   

1 week ago '11        #28
wjcorner 7 heat pts
space
space
$13,084 | Props total: 3870 3870
n*ggas acting like putting a preorder on a game down is an investment

Cannot wait though, completion of my childhood when this sh*t drops
+2   

1 week ago '11        #29
cincityvet89 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,422 | Props total: 438 438
this gon be another mighty number 9 that game was trash as fu*k
+2   

1 week ago '17        #30
justin747 47 heat pts47
space
space
$13,120 | Props total: 64397 64397
Yall doing all this waiting for this game and it's gonna be trash as fu*k just like the other 2 games.

A lot of you dudes catch the bus to a boring a*s job so you been playing Shenmue 3 in real life and don't even know it. fu*k this game and anybody who loves it.

I can't wait to be in the threads talking sh*t to you goofy n*ggas who are fans of this game for some reason. That's if this piece of sh*t ever even releases.

1 week ago '17        #31
justin747 47 heat pts47
space
space
$13,120 | Props total: 64397 64397
 WCIB said
There’s that one dude on here that gets slapped for making fun of this, but it seems he’s right again

I don't know if you're talking about me but I definitely always get slapped for talking sh*t on this wack a*s game.

I'll take the slaps, cause I'm gonna look like a genius when n*ggas start bumping threads when it finally comes out. This game is gonna be horrible just like the first 2 game.
+2   

1 week ago '10        #32
KJHARDY 85 heat pts85
space
space
$26,068 | Props total: 18385 18385
Shenmue is trash anyway. @

1 week ago '05        #33
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,987 | Props total: 18782 18782
 KJHARDY said
Shenmue is trash anyway. @
This is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you

@

7 days ago '10        #34
KJHARDY 85 heat pts85
space
space
$26,068 | Props total: 18385 18385
 P-Hill said
This is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you

@

[pic - click to view]

+1   

3 days ago '08        #35
froggystyles 2 heat pts
space
space
$136 | Props total: 251 251
 Cuttysark said
Just cop Yakuza Kiwami and call it a day

That Shenmue sh*t ain't get no play on my Cast
This sh*t true yakuza took shenmue soul. They should have made shenmue for real open-world from the get go
+1   

3 days ago '07        #36
Jeet Kune Do 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,558 | Props total: 3803 3803
Shenmue was good at the time(1st one).2nd was horrible and I dont see the 3rd being any different. Terrible voice acting

Slap away

3 days ago '18        #37
Dehone 
space
space
$3,596 | Props total: 10957 10957
 froggystyles said
This sh*t true yakuza took shenmue soul. They should have made shenmue for real open-world from the get go
sh*t woulda been way more expensive than it already was
+1   

2 days ago '08        #38
froggystyles 2 heat pts
space
space
 Dehone said
sh*t woulda been way more expensive than it already was
they already dropped 70 mil developing the game... I wonder how much GTA 3 costed to develop. What exactly did that 70 mil go to? facial animations? virtua f*ghter graphics? dont get me wrong i love shenmue it's one of my favorites but they missed the mark corralling me through the tight streets to progress when to me, that world was meant to be explored and get lost/sidetracked in, and not just travelled on a tight line back and forth to progress in the story.

2 days ago '18        #39
Dehone 
space
space
 froggystyles said
they already dropped 70 mil developing the game... I wonder how much GTA 3 costed to develop. What exactly did that 70 mil go to? facial animations? virtua f*ghter graphics? dont get me wrong i love shenmue it's one of my favorites but they missed the mark corralling me through the tight streets to progress when to me, that world was meant to be explored and get lost/sidetracked in, and not just travelled on a tight line back and forth to progress in the story.
There was a lot of dialogue recorded, especially for that time. Licensing from Coca cola and timex (you could buy name brand soda in the Japanese version and Ryo had a timex watch). The graphics were also advanced for it's time, then you had motion capture, real time weather and a day and night cycle, all the original music(each building had it's own theme plus all the unused music), the online features, the inclusion of old Sega games like space harrier and hang on probably had to get licensed through Sega. Plus, a part of that budget probably included development for the Sega Saturn before they cancelled it which was money down the drain.

Given the time it came out, it was very immersive. There's actually a decent amount of hidden stuff to find in the game. I did a ton of exploring my first playthrough and still missed some thi g's that I didn't catch until my 3rd or 4th time. The tight streets gave it that home town feel which was intentionally, while the second one was massive and meant to feel like you were out of your element since you're in a foriegn country in 2.

Last edited by Dehone; 06-18-2019 at 12:38 AM..
+2   

2 days ago '08        #40
froggystyles 2 heat pts
space
space
 Dehone said
There was a lot of dialogue recorded, especially for that time. Licensing from Coca cola and timex (you could buy name brand soda in the Japanese version and Ryo had a timex watch). The graphics were also advanced for it's time, then you had motion capture, real time weather and a day and night cycle, all the original music(each building had it's own theme plus all the unused music), the online features, the inclusion of old Sega games like space harrier and hang on probably had to get licensed through Sega. Plus, a part of that budget probably included development for the Sega Saturn before they cancelled it which was money down the drain.

Given the time it came out, it was very immersive. There's actually a decent amount of hidden stuff to find in the game. I did a ton of exploring my first playthrough and still missed some thi g's that I didn't catch until my 3rd or 4th time. The tight streets gave it that home town feel which was intentionally, while the second one was massive and meant to feel like you were out of your element since you're in a foriegn country in 2.
I remember looking down at that Timex watch!! The inclusion of the sega games was a plus but overall, using the pointless coca cola licensing as a metaphor, shenmue and shenmue 2 felt like diet versions of what they were trying to achieve. They should've, in my opinion, kept it in development, combined 1 and 2, and focused more on exploration. I'd play both again but looking back at the games, i see why they failed to really satisfy what they initially were aiming for.

2 days ago '18        #41
Dehone 
space
space
 froggystyles said
I remember looking down at that Timex watch!! The inclusion of the sega games was a plus but overall, using the pointless coca cola licensing as a metaphor, shenmue and shenmue 2 felt like diet versions of what they were trying to achieve. They should've, in my opinion, kept it in development, combined 1 and 2, and focused more on exploration. I'd play both again but looking back at the games, i see why they failed to really satisfy what they initially were aiming for.
I personally thought the game was as good as it was gonna get for the vision they wanted at the time. I think it sold as well as it was going to at the time also. They probably didn't anticipate the DC bombing and Sega pulling out of the hardware market, which is why 2 came out in the xbox in the US and Microsoft gave 2 damn near no promotion. At that point, the game looked dated and wouldn't have been as revolutionary as it was in 99. It was destined to be a niche title and the mundane everyday stuff and interacting with the locals was supposed to be the exploration. Although 2 could've heard more stuff to do. The areas were too big.

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+131online now  26
Image(s) inside Milf Bod
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-46online now  18
Video inside They need to isolate Atlanta, yall niccas got radiation in yall water.
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  15
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
213 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Jun 18 - Rep. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell - Reparations are not a g..
226 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy