Netflix's She's Gotta Have It 2, John Boyega, and cultural beef

most viewed right now
26 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '08        #76
JR_Tha_Jenius 
space
space
space
$454 | Props total: 382 382
 Cambury said
It aint jus black America these British actors takin alot of roles. Last two Spidermans were British and when Brodie from homeland spoke in real life I was like wtf.
Wait wait wait....Bobby Axelrod is British?!?! damn I didn't know that lol
+3   

1 week ago '06        #77
DominicanLou 24 heat pts24
space
space
$8,996 | Props total: 7889 7889
 AfroBucks88 said
the Caribbean population are the oldest to my knowledge (Jamaica, Grenada etc.) Some came as students some came as blue collar workers (its documented they build the london subway system)
then there is also the African population majority are from west Africa (came after the Caribbean pop) similarly plenty came as students and blue collar workers.

A lot of black Uk stories dont get told as much only a few

the begining of this doc talks about the immagration into UK
Dope. You from there? That would explain the heavy Caribbean influence. I'm gonna watch eventually. I know nothing about the diaspora in the UK, except what I gather from music and Akala. How many arrived as slaves?
+1   

1 week ago '06        #78
space
space
 00010111 said
'White Mexicans' is what they're called in Hollywood.

They'll do the same work for less money.
Offensive. I hope that doesn't become a thing lol.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #79
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
$4,819 | Props total: 17831 17831
 dangermouse said
Not a popular opinion. However, there is some truth to it.

As an African in an American high school, I can't express how much hostility I received. Got along well with Jamaicans and other Africans.
It wasn't until I changed my accent that they finally started treating me like I was worth listening to.

America is a cultural wasteland where everyone feels like they should not adapt for the world.
You think Europeans don't mock each other because of accents, cuisine and other 'cultural' differences?
+2   

1 week ago '16        #80
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
 DominicanLou said
Dope. You from there? That would explain the heavy Caribbean influence. I'm gonna watch eventually. I know nothing about the diaspora in the UK, except what I gather from music and Akala. How many arrived as slaves?
Liverpool has the oldest black community in Europe, dating back to the 1700s. Many of them arrived as slaves.

Pockets of black people in London and Cardiff too, some as slaves, others as sailors. Absorbed into the local population, or left for other places such as Sierra Leone in west Africa.
+2   

1 week ago '04        #81
UF4Soldier 136 heat pts136
space
space
$21,506 | Props total: 14910 14910
 dangermouse said
Not a popular opinion. However, there is some truth to it.

As an African in an American high school, I can't express how much hostility I received. Got along well with Jamaicans and other Africans.
It wasn't until I changed my accent that they finally started treating me like I was worth listening to.

America is a cultural wasteland where everyone feels like they should not adapt for the world.
Facts

1 week ago '16        #82
AfroBucks88 57 heat pts57
space
space
$4,069 | Props total: 12173 12173
 DominicanLou said
I'm west African I grew up there, but left after my dad's job relocated my family to New York.
I'm not totally certain on how many arrived as slaves but i a*sume a fair amount (considering during that time it was big business)but, what i do know is that UK were the first to abolish slavery. I also recently seen in a bbc-news-doc that alot of WW2 African american soldiers have mixed kids in UK when they were posted there during the war.
Globalization has a lot of stories to tell that we havnt heard before. sh*t crazy
+2   

1 week ago '16        #83
space
space
 JR_Tha_Jenius said
WTF he sound like he from NY
+2   

1 week ago '06        #84
space
space
 AfroBucks88 said
I'm west African I grew up there, but left after my dad's job relocated my family to New York.
I'm not totally certain on how many arrived as slaves but i a*sume a fair amount (considering during that time it was big business)but, what i do know is that UK were the first to abolish slavery. I also recently seen in a bbc-news-doc that alot of WW2 African american soldiers have mixed kids in UK when they were posted there during the war.
Globalization has a lot of stories to tell that we havnt heard before. sh*t crazy
That's interesting. We should all know more about each other's stories from all over the diaspora. We could then start to speak from understanding rather critique. There is nuance in each of our narratives that often gets dismissed, but IMO is most important.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #85
space
space
 00010111 said
You think Europeans don't mock each other because of accents, cuisine and other 'cultural' differences?
^^this
reminds me of a british sitcom from the 90's "Allo Allo" that mocked the German occupancy of France
+1   

1 week ago '16        #86
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
 AfroBucks88 said
A lot of those mixed kids were sent to north America after the war.

+1   

1 week ago '16        #87
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
 AfroBucks88 said
^^this
reminds me of a british sitcom from the 90's "Allo Allo" that mocked the German occupancy of France
Right.

I think a lot of people have a very juvenile understanding of what black co-operation could/should look like.

It doesn't mean that you like everything about everyone black but that you can work together on core issues. Put the petty bullsh*t to one side for long enough to get specific tasks done.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #88
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,278 | Props total: 9008 9008
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
My bad, meant to slap. You got the game all the way twisted.
if your american, the world thinks your a bunch of idiots

you guys are

all of you

white

black

dont matter, close minded idiots

1 week ago '07        #89
Cambury 40 heat pts40
space
space
space
$39,603 | Props total: 14656 14656
 JR_Tha_Jenius said
Faaacts

1 week ago '04        #90
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$13,132 | Props total: 354 354
Daniel K casting wasn't just random either, he was putting in work on British TV, dude wasn't picked cuz he was from the UK, he put in the work to get into times like Get Out
+2   

1 week ago '07        #91
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,514 | Props total: 6005 6005
 007imayeseekay said
I stopped after "blacks taking white roles"...you must be 1 of those Kanye Jesse Lee #Housen*ggaLogic having a*s negroes.

With that said, it's a legitimate argument.
If I was a Black American actor, I'd feel some type of way about it.
The London dude in his feelings.
Especially when you have Ava Duvernay suggesting that American black actors qre too close to their heroes like MLK and Coretta and that puts them at a disavantage to the Brits.

That a way to inspire the young black americans to want to act.

I actually have no problem with Brits taking roles as black americans. I don't even have a problem with them portraying prominent Americans.

I DO, however, have an issue where I see all of my heroes and historically significant African Americans being portrayed by the British or Chadwick Boseman

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 06-11-2019 at 04:42 PM..

1 week ago '16        #92
beigebohemoth18 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$713 | Props total: 1117 1117
Boyega took offense to this...but not the Star Wars script that had him depicted as the moistest man in space?

1 week ago '18        #93
The3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,475 | Props total: 2757 2757
 Cartel-Clipz said
Interesting. Didn't know this was an issue.

[video - click to view]

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+131online now  31
Image(s) inside Milf Bod
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-46online now  18
Video inside They need to isolate Atlanta, yall niccas got radiation in yall water.
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  13
Jun 18 - Rep. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell - Reparations are not a g..
226 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
213 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy