Netflix's She's Gotta Have It 2, John Boyega, and cultural beef

most viewed right now
+21  62
30 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '16        #51
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
$4,819 | Props total: 17831 17831
 Cambury said
It aint jus black America these British actors takin alot of roles. Last two Spidermans were British and when Brodie from homeland spoke in real life I was like wtf.
'White Mexicans' is what they're called in Hollywood.

They'll do the same work for less money.

1 week ago '08        #52
Kewop Decam 94 heat pts94
space
space
space
$18,942 | Props total: 17716 17716
 johnnysnow said
Current Black American actors are not better than their British counterparts

Spike hating
This kind of sh*t needs to stop. Bashing each other publicly on mediums we donít own is some bullsh*t. You donít see white people saying British actors are better than American blah blah blah. We need some damn rules and code because weíve been trained to hate on each other. We are the best dividers of each other these days and that needs to stop now
+5   

1 week ago '15        #53
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 75 heat pts75
space
space
$18,907 | Props total: 29202 29202
 00010111 said
This sh*t is beyond petty.
Facts. sh*t just makes me angry.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #54
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
 Kewop Decam said
This kind of sh*t needs to stop. Bashing each other publicly on mediums we don’t own is some bullsh*t. You don’t see white people saying British actors are better than American blah blah blah. We need some damn rules and code because we’ve been trained to hate on each other. We are the best dividers of each other these days and that needs to stop now
Actually they do.

But I take your point, it's a stupid discussion.

Last edited by 00010111; 06-10-2019 at 06:54 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '08        #55
space
space
space
 00010111 said
Actually you do.

But I take your point, it's a stupid discussion.
In there actual mediums and by the talent and media itself? Iím not talking about water cooler chats

1 week ago '16        #56
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
 Kewop Decam said
In there actual mediums and by the talent and media itself? Iím not talking about water cooler chats

[pic - click to view]

And whenever somebody like Russell Brand or Ricky Gervais rears their head on television to talk about America/Americans the discussion gets louder.
+4   

1 week ago '16        #57
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
 wallace45 said
All you n*ggas that think this is not a issue imagine if "we" started going to the UK and taking 70% of their acting roles with our fake British accents? I'm just getting tired of watching movies or shows with black actors then I find out most of them n*ggas is British

Main example is "get out" you really telling me dude couldn't find a American actor to play that role?

And I really don't believe this bullsh*t excuse if anything the history would bring more emotion into the roles making it more believable, idk man just from the outside looking in it looks weird
Yeah, that's a stupid reason as to why somebody would not be a good actor.

But it might be why weird folk are uncomfortable around them. That white guilt is real. Don't ever think it isn't.

Last edited by 00010111; 06-10-2019 at 11:36 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '17        #58
SPdaGOAT 26 heat pts26
space
space
$16,780 | Props total: 35595 35595
 johnnysnow said
Current Black American actors are not better than their British counterparts

Spike hating
Black, white, it dont matter. UK got the superior actors by far right now
+1   

1 week ago '04        #59
realkilla3 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,239 | Props total: 11828 11828
With all the characters in the black community Hollywood shouldn't have to look anywhere to find talent. I know people in my small town that can act better than a lot of these "established" actors.

I've been to small plays in colleges that had great actors but they never got a shot but people going across seas to find talent.

Crazy thing is that the same people that are saying this is cool are the same ones yelling that the Mexicans are stealing jobs
+1   

1 week ago '05        #60
dangermouse 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,360 | Props total: 2371 2371
 UF4Soldier said
Came to the conclusion black people ainít never coming together. Your life will be amazing once u realize that
Not a popular opinion. However, there is some truth to it.

As an African in an American high school, I can't express how much hostility I received. Got along well with Jamaicans and other Africans.
It wasn't until I changed my accent that they finally started treating me like I was worth listening to.

America is a cultural wasteland where everyone feels like they should not adapt for the world.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #61
SPdaGOAT 26 heat pts26
space
space
 booie4 said
Serious question, what makes a great actor?

Everytime this comes up, folks only seem to bring up the accent. That's for both white and black actors.
Making the character believable and not just a caricature
+1   

1 week ago '17        #62
SPdaGOAT 26 heat pts26
space
space
 wallace45 said
All you n*ggas that think this is not a issue imagine if "we" started going to the UK and taking 70% of their acting roles with our fake British accents? I'm just getting tired of watching movies or shows with black actors then I find out most of them n*ggas is British

Main example is "get out" you really telling me dude couldn't find a American actor to play that role?

And I really don't believe this bullsh*t excuse if anything the history would bring more emotion into the roles making it more believable, idk man just from the outside looking in it looks weird
Theres nothing to prevent American actors from doing that.

1 week ago '18        #63
CTisGoat 43 heat pts43
space
space
space
$2,311 | Props total: 3882 3882
 Snip3Acct said
How do we know British actors are better, when there are no young African American actors or actresses at all? Outside of Michale B Jordan, who is there?

You got Chadwick Boseman and Mahershali Ali, but they are old and have been around for a decade.
So you think they arent being cast because they are american?

Im not sure what u are trying to say here

1 week ago '16        #64
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
 Emperor85 said
alot more white British actors in Hollywood then white American actors ......why aint white American actors complaining about that?
Oh, they have been.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #65
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,835 | Props total: 1233 1233
 stead21 said
Another divide and conquer technique.
Yes this. I refuse to give this any energy. Won't participate.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #66
AfroBucks88 57 heat pts57
space
space
$4,069 | Props total: 12173 12173
 DominicanLou said
I'm curious out of the black population in the UK, how many are 1st or 2nd generation Britts.
the Caribbean population are the oldest to my knowledge (Jamaica, Grenada etc.) Some came as students some came as blue collar workers (its documented they build the london subway system)
then there is also the African population majority are from west Africa (came after the Caribbean pop) similarly plenty came as students and blue collar workers.

A lot of black Uk stories dont get told as much only a few

[video - click to view]

the begining of this doc talks about the immagration into UK

[video - click to view]

+3   

1 week ago '15        #67
Good Guy Ry 26 heat pts26
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 35801 35801
 00010111 said

[pic - click to view]

And whenever somebody like Russell Brand or Ricky Gervais rears their head on television to talk about America/Americans the discussion gets louder.
Damn, Batman a brit.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #68
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
 AfroBucks88 said
the Caribbean population are the oldest to my knowledge (Jamaica, Grenada etc.) Some came as students some came as blue collar workers (its documented they build the london subway system)
then there is also the African population majority are from west Africa (came after the Caribbean pop) similarly plenty came as students and blue collar workers.

A lot of black Uk stories dont get told as much only a few

the begining of this doc talks about the immagration into UK
The UK situation has always perplexed me.

You move to a place, voluntarily, get abused and you stay?

Why?
+1   

1 week ago '14        #69
NubianPiye 1 heat pts
space
space
$228 | Props total: 330 330
It's similar to a lot of the struggles anywhere in the world, the black brits encountered racism struggled for acceptance and battled prejudice till this day. It's a shame that despite this they encounter prejudice from people over here the same people that complain about prejudice from white Americans.

We hate their music, don't want them making our jobs and generally discriminate against them. it's how colonised all descendants from the African diaspora have become.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #70
space
space
I agree with alot of the comments her for both sides but one comment i will make is ...most of the recent black Brits that made it across the pond were not undiscovered actors, they had performed on screen in very "Art-driven" productions (black mirror, attack the block) some have been in notable productions that have generations of viewership (Eastenders). Point being it was their performance that got them to Hollywood

[video - click to view]

On the note of "She's gotta have it" scene, i feel like it could have been extremely powerful scene but its written context was highly ignorant on both sides. The black brit ignorant comments on being able to play roles because of "black pain" he didn't go through in America is retarded. If you are an actor your ability to tap into personal pain to help your performance should be an a*set and skill (like Barry on HBO). If you can't perform because you find the script and overall story being told offensive and insensitive to black people is a different case. And the american girl ignorant comments bout Stockholm syndrome is also nonsensical because that same argument can be made about any African-american who on the surface appears to credit whites on "achievements/actions" in society.
The writer should have done more research, (which is shocking to say cause he could have done a quick google search) if he did he would know that early generation black brits have had to also go through a civil rights f*ght in UK and
a descendant of that f*ght would never bring up years of slavery/lynching/jim crow , as a reason African Americans cannot get movie roles.

This discussion really comes down to the casting agents and companies really.
+5   

1 week ago '16        #71
space
space
 00010111 said
The UK situation has always perplexed me.

You move to a place, voluntarily, get abused and you stay?

Why?
same reason other immigrants (Mexicans, etc.) stay in America despite discrimination, you have made a community your home, you are prospering more than your motherland, you are seeking a world renown education, you want better opportunities for your children etc.

Many of the immigrants that leave their home leave because of the time/events (war/joblessness/ political persecution etc.) in their mother land.
I personally think its mostly political reasons, politics is a mf and the masses are the ones that suffer the most in developing countries.
M.I.A. came to the UK at 12 or 11 fleeing civil war, she was one of many so, population migration is one of those things that happens because despite whatever discrimination you face has a better end goal than what you flee in your homeland
+1   

1 week ago '16        #72
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
 AfroBucks88 said
same reason other immigrants (Mexicans, etc.) stay in America despite discrimination, you have made a community your home, you are prospering more than your motherland, you are seeking a world renown education, you want better opportunities for your children etc.

Many of the immigrants that leave their home leave because of the time/events (war/joblessness/ political persecution etc.) in their mother land.
I personally think its mostly political reasons, politics is a mf and the masses are the ones that suffer the most in developing countries.
M.I.A. came to the UK at 12 or 11 fleeing civil war, she was one of many so, population migration is one of those things that happens because despite whatever discrimination you face has a better end goal than what you flee in your homeland
Mexicans cross a single land border. Blacks in Britain are flying thousands of kilometres to be third class citizens.

But I take your point. It's just odd because I've been to many of the countries that immigrants in the UK have moved from. I've also been to the UK, which is why I think it's odd. It's just not a place I would move to.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #73
space
space
 00010111 said
Mexicans cross a single land border. Blacks in Britain are flying thousands of kilometres to be third class citizens.

But I take your point. It's just odd because I've been to many of the countries that immigrants in the UK have moved from. I've also been to the UK, which is why I think it's odd. It's just not a place I would move to.
i also think some that stay also to so to send money to loved ones back home, the British pound currency value is higher and goes a long way back home

i also understand your scope too, leave sunny skies and blue waters for london rain and gloom
+2   

1 week ago '08        #74
space
space
space
 00010111 said

[pic - click to view]

Yea, that's on their platform. I mistyped and meant to say "not on their platform".

You wouldn't catch them writing and saying this on Newsone or any station or medium that's black-owned. I'm all for the dialogue, but only within our doors and our boundaries through our own agenda. I'll knock the actual discussion of a topic, but I'll sure a*s hell knock the time and place.
+1   

1 week ago '08        #75
JR_Tha_Jenius 
space
space
space
$454 | Props total: 382 382
I was shocked when I was younger to find out Stringer Bell was from England lol. That legit blew my mind. That was way before Idris was a thing
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
-46online now  22
Video inside They need to isolate Atlanta, yall niccas got radiation in yall water.
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+131online now  22
Image(s) inside Milf Bod
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
213 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Jun 18 - Rep. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell - Reparations are not a g..
226 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy