Netflix's She's Gotta Have It 2, John Boyega, and cultural beef

most viewed right now
20 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '18        #26
Youngshinebox 157 heat pts157
space
space
$5,533 | Props total: 23813 23813

[video - click to view]

+3   

1 week ago '17        #27
YAYO101 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 10493 10493
Who the fu*k are against British Actors? They have great actors, when I first started watching The Wire, I didn't even know Stringer Bell (Idris Elba) was British same for Detective McNulty (Dominic West)

No issues with British actors BUT Hollywood casting is terrible a lot of times like David Oyelowo as MLK

Last edited by YAYO101; 06-09-2019 at 08:20 PM..
+2   

1 week ago '05        #28
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,278 | Props total: 9008 9008
 007imayeseekay said
I stopped after "blacks taking white roles"...you must be 1 of those Kanye Jesse Lee #Housen*ggaLogic having a*s negroes.

With that said, it's a legitimate argument.
If I was a Black American actor, I'd feel some type of way about it.
The London dude in his feelings.

african americans playing africans in movies is an issue using your rhetoric

do you agree
+2   

1 week ago '05        #29
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,278 | Props total: 9008 9008
 r.burgundy said
What white roles are blacks taking from whites?
Scrooge

wait

how many roles did u want me to name

1 week ago '17        #30
Pretty Tone 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,117 | Props total: 23437 23437
 Da Gooneyz said
Yeah...my spider-sense still works. Glad I avoided this show.
Facts same here
+2   

1 week ago '18        #31
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
$1,017 | Props total: 3144 3144
Where's marcella

1 week ago '15        #32
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 75 heat pts75
space
space
$18,907 | Props total: 29201 29201
We(African descendants) have enough problems we donít need this squabbling amongst each other. Smh.
+5   

1 week ago '15        #33
space
space
 O1as said
I mean lets be real here it was British actors that did that twelve years a slave bullsh*t. Also all they do is generalizations and stereotypes of black Americans. Hollyweird and its sellouts are disrespectful on and off screen.
And how many slave movies and shows have we(African Americans) done ot acted in over the last 70 or so years? A lot.

Your point is terrible.

A movie about slaves isnít selling out.

Itís a fu*ked up thing that happened but it happened. Weíre greater than it, but ignoring or lashing out at anyone who tells its storyís is weak.
+3   

1 week ago '15        #34
space
space
 youngvito18 said
we cool with blacks taking white roles but we have an issue with blacks taking black roles...because those blacks aren't british?

man

americans..no matter white or black show so much ignorance consistently
My bad, meant to slap. You got the game all the way twisted.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #35
IllmaticReignz 
space
space
$2,337 | Props total: 1116 1116
 O1as said
Yup. That part. Those MLB players can't wait to pull a Sammy Sosa. All those years of being payed nothing to tap dance mammy and now Hollyweird pretends to be so hard up on money to pay what they owe them. Seth Rogan and charlize theron getting all the funding and full pay they ask for, while destroying black children and benefiting off apartheid till this day. Hollyweird gotta go bruh long story short.
A lot of Latinos suffer from colorism. Coconut Syndrome. Itís heavy in the DR especially but spreader all over Central America.

MLB I will say encourages black players all the time. Trust they want blacks to play. Make political noise.. maybe not so much but they definitely want them.

1 week ago '17        #36
O1as 338 heat pts338
space
space
$9,418 | Props total: 21331 21331
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
And how many slave movies and shows have we(African Americans) done ot acted in over the last 70 or so years? A lot.

Your point is terrible.

A movie about slaves isnít selling out.

Itís a fu*ked up thing that happened but it happened. Weíre greater than it, but ignoring or lashing out at anyone who tells its storyís is weak.
Your Reply is terrible.

And you missed my point dumbass.

Twelve years a slave is an example of UK actors of African decent playing Hollyweird racist roles, for cheap on top of that. The us actors unionized and were trying to use their influence to stop bullsh*t films like this from being made,that was my point you bum.

Hollyweird always gonna use starving black/African/Caribbean actors for less money to reinforce stereotypes of black Americans. No cap.
+2   

1 week ago '06        #37
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,936 | Props total: 2479 2479
I've been saying they taking our jobs. Aussies too.

1 week ago '04        #38
booie4 
space
space
$5,696 | Props total: 2581 2581
Serious question, what makes a great actor?

Everytime this comes up, folks only seem to bring up the accent. That's for both white and black actors.

1 week ago '16        #39
Rumble 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,016 | Props total: 5916 5916
I mean, where I understand the arguments in this thread, the best way I I can put it is I want to be able to do business everywhere, and I'd hate if I were denied opportunities on account of where I was born. As an African-American man, though I recognize where I stand in the social hierarchy in America, I also recognize that being an "American" affords me limitless access and opportunity virtually.

Americans have access to every market, we export entertainment like no other country -- I think those focused on the Brits that might be occupying roles that they feel like they deserve are probably too caught up in hating and pocket watching as opposed to perfecting their craft. Same time, with as little representation there is on the screen, n*ggaz should just be happy to see somebody who looks like them making it. It's a job. I don't care where you from if you're doing your job well.
+4   

1 week ago '05        #40
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$9,042 | Props total: 8699 8699
alot more white British actors in Hollywood then white American actors ......why aint white American actors complaining about that?
+2   

1 week ago '16        #41
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
$4,818 | Props total: 17830 17830
 dat_boi_tj said
I will say this In reference to Snowfall specifically.... Franklin, I was legit shocked when he revealed himself to be British. Like they are that good man I did not see it coming. If it's good who cares who playing. No one said a thing about Stringer Bell
No one said a thing about Idris Elba or Dominic West.

1 week ago '16        #42
00010111 130 heat pts130
space
space
$4,818 | Props total: 17830 17830
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
We(African descendants) have enough problems we donít need this squabbling amongst each other. Smh.
This sh*t is beyond petty.
+3   

1 week ago '17        #43
Coffee 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
$4,698 | Props total: 13525 13525
They're entitled to have this discussion.

It's interesting that they are having it.

They don't have to be right.

And just because they talk about it, doesn't mean it's legitimate.

But they are entitled to have characters having this discussion.
+2   

1 week ago '07        #44
Cambury 40 heat pts40
space
space
space
$39,603 | Props total: 14656 14656
It aint jus black America these British actors takin alot of roles. Last two Spidermans were British and when Brodie from homeland spoke in real life I was like wtf.
+4   

1 week ago '17        #45
1Oh 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 18990 18990
 Cambury said
It aint jus black America these British actors takin alot of roles. Last two Spidermans were British and when Brodie from homeland spoke in real life I was like wtf.
When I look at the whole picture, yes it's an issue that impacts American actors in general, black or white. The British and Aussie actors are eating they food, but like most issues in American society, Black Americans take the brunt of it since there's not alot of quality available roles for black actors to begin with.
+3   

1 week ago '06        #46
DominicanLou 24 heat pts24
space
space
$8,996 | Props total: 7886 7886
I'm curious out of the black population in the UK, how many are 1st or 2nd generation Britts.
+1   

1 week ago '13        #47
wallace45 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,820 | Props total: 4985 4985
All you n*ggas that think this is not a issue imagine if "we" started going to the UK and taking 70% of their acting roles with our fake British accents? I'm just getting tired of watching movies or shows with black actors then I find out most of them n*ggas is British

Main example is "get out" you really telling me dude couldn't find a American actor to play that role?

“Black British actors are better suited than black American actors because they don’t carry the burden of … fu*ked up black American history. Lynching, slavery, Jim Crow, all of that,” Olu remarked in the scene.
And I really don't believe this bullsh*t excuse if anything the history would bring more emotion into the roles making it more believable, idk man just from the outside looking in it looks weird

1 week ago '13        #48
wallace45 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,820 | Props total: 4985 4985
 Emperor85 said
alot more white British actors in Hollywood then white American actors ......why aint white American actors complaining about that?
Because white actors have a bigger piece of the pie... You watch any Hollywood movie on average 90-99.9% of the actors are white so even if a movie has 4 British whites there's still enough roles for 4 American whites but for us it's not the same you'll be lucky to see 1 black actor sometimes

I just wanna see more n*ggas from where I come from in movies I don't know what makes British actors better than Americans is it the acting schools or are they just naturally better? I admit British actors are really talented but I don't think young African American actors are giving a chance to prove themselves as much
+1   

1 week ago '14        #49
Los Pollos 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,926 | Props total: 9443 9443

1 week ago '08        #50
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,267 | Props total: 8253 8253
 youngvito18 said
we cool with blacks taking white roles but we have an issue with blacks taking black roles...because those blacks aren't british?

man

americans..no matter white or black show so much ignorance consistently
you dropped that ether, avi confirmed lol

Home      

most viewed right now
+130online now  38
Image(s) inside Milf Bod
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-46online now  25
Video inside They need to isolate Atlanta, yall niccas got radiation in yall water.
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  21
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
213 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Jun 18 - Rep. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell - Reparations are not a g..
217 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy