"Us" was a trash movie and an example of paid reviews to build hype

most viewed right now
20 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 months ago '18        #76
Doc Da Great 480 heat pts480
space
space
$7,725 | Props total: 30848 30848
 patt24 said
Hes a shadow as is she... so technically shes his real mom
Fam, The girl from underground is the REAL mom.

The girl you've been watching the whole time, the girl at the end. IS THE fu*kING FAKE ONE.

The movie was clear on this. Don't. DON'T ! Don't you fu*king go down that rabbit hole.

3 months ago '05        #77
hova son 
space
space
$254 | Props total: 203 203
I'm about to fu*k your heads up. I saw youtube where dude said that the son got switched earlier on like years prior. Remember the white girls said he acted funny & the dad said Jason aint been the same since when they came & grandma died. He cussed weird & acted like he wasnt a regular kid. The fake mom even was sad when the teather boy caught on fire. Which is why the son at end knew his mom wasnt right.

Also adeline stays checking for her son during the movie not so much for the girl. Jason also seems to know how to wander to the find yourself.

Also had to ask about I got five on it lol

Last edited by hova son; 03-23-2019 at 10:19 AM..
+2   

3 months ago '17        #78
1Oh 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 18990 18990
 dubsax said
neither are horror.
Both are suspense.
This is not a "either, or" binary decision. There's hybrid genres throughout filmmaking. Action/Comedy, Comedy/Drama, Action/Scifi, Horror/Suspense.

Ask Jordan Peele himself what genre of movie he wrote & directed with both Get Out and Us, and there's your answer.
+1   

3 months ago '07        #79
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
$93,978 | Props total: 20929 20929
 Doc Da Great said
I mean the like the overarching story, that by the end it's like. Yah, clap. Good film.

Really it's more like, One clap. Cause this ain't that kind of movie.

Fam, just saw his fake mom, k*ll his real mom and then the movie just ends.

Yeah, no. That's odd time to hit a n*gga with, wow what a great film. you know what I mean. I'm sure it has crowd pleasing moments, but not, like in the end it was it all worked out.

Naaaaaaaaah, not this time. The movie kinda leaves the stakes pretty high up there.
Was it his fake mom though?! Thatís the question

3 months ago '04        #80
patt24 54 heat pts54
space
space
$8,515 | Props total: 5018 5018
 Doc Da Great said
Fam, The girl from underground is the REAL mom.

The girl you've been watching the whole time, the girl at the end. IS THE fu*kING FAKE ONE.

The movie was clear on this. Don't. DON'T ! Don't you fu*king go down that rabbit hole.
Were saying the same sh*t just see it differently. No rabbit holes.

I mean real as in alike not actual birth mom. The HUMAN lupita gave "birth" to the shadowed Jason... so technically shes his "real" mom.

At the end were staring at a tethered mother and son "fake"

I think I'm confusing myself...i still might be high from last night

Orrrrr both Jason's have tethered bloodlines so who knows which is legit.

3 months ago '07        #81
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 hova son said
I'm about to fu*k your heads up. I saw youtube where dude said that the son got switched earlier on like years prior. Remember the white girls said he acted funny & the dad said Jason aint been the same since when they came & grandma died. He cussed weird & acted like he wasnt a regular kid. The fake mom even was sad when the teather boy caught on fire. Which is why the son at end knew his mom wasnt right.

Also adeline stays checking for her son during the movie not so much for the girl. Jason also seems to know how to wander to the find yourself.

Also had to ask about I got five on it lol
Iíve brought this up but yes itís a good theory
+1   

3 months ago '05        #82
hova son 
space
space
$254 | Props total: 203 203
Also at the beach the boy is making a tunnel instead of a sand castle.

Also I noticed black flag shirts popping up throughout the movie

Also the boy notices 11:11 to the mom

Last edited by hova son; 03-23-2019 at 10:28 AM..
+4   

3 months ago '18        #83
ICONIC 230 heat pts230
space
space
$3,511 | Props total: 19013 19013
 echion911 said
Just got out of the theatre alittle bit ago.

sh*t was WAYYYY OVERRATED. The first hour was cool but after that the "plot twists" were straight basura brah. It just tried too hard. If we were going to compare it to something in hiphop it would be Lupes "Lasers" album. All hype but it didn't deliver.

On the bright side the acting was cool and some of the cinematography was ok at times. But parts of the movie were just straight stupid. It had potential but there was just too much off the wall explanations for certain things.

This sh*t had a 100% on RT and that sh*t bogus. There's NO WAY that sh*t deserves anything near that. I'd give it a 70%. Maybe a 75% but thats kind of stretching it.

Get Out was 10x's better.
I was waiting to see this thread... I'm gonna exit the thread til see the movie tomorrow

3 months ago '18        #84
Sick Flair 
space
space
$554 | Props total: 2029 2029
I wouldn't call it trash. It was crafter better than Get Out as far as production value. The story was just not a painstakingly written. The film suffers from way too many plot holes and the metaphors are way over some folks heads. The fact that he followed so many rules and then broke them in a bad way left the audience lost as fu*k. Not a bad film but suffers from bad writing.
+1   

3 months ago '07        #85
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 Sick Flair said
I wouldn't call it trash. It was crafter better than Get Out as far as production value. The story was just not a painstakingly written. The film suffers from way too many plot holes and the metaphors are way over some folks heads. The fact that he followed so many rules and then broke them in a bad way left the audience lost as fu*k. Not a bad film but suffers from bad writing.
Plot holes or nit picks?

3 months ago '15        #86
He Hate Me 
space
space
$6,054 | Props total: 15626 15626
Troll sh*t

3 months ago '14        #87
Soaring Seagull 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,900 | Props total: 7349 7349
 TH35 said
His leg was fu*ked up.
But how was he that strong that he dragged a full grown man with one hand around his ankle lol
+2   

3 months ago '12        #88
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$48,784 | Props total: 72342 72342
 Sick Flair said
 TH35 said
Plot holes or nit picks?
I wouldn’t call them plot holes

Watch how this guy breaks it down (he a bit conry but still makes solid a*s points when talking about plot holes and how we should interpret the film) basically some things don’t have to be explained so throughly it is a scifi horror type flick.

He explains it better than me. The explanation is near the end of the video of you don’t wanna watch the whole thing

[video - click to view]

3 months ago '17        #89
Drewsmit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,639 | Props total: 7528 7528
Wont and cant slander my kind for winning

3 months ago '17        #90
PackerTrelli3 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,194 | Props total: 11935 11935
 echion911 said

sh*t was WAYYYY OVERRATED. The first hour was cool but after that the "plot twists" were straight basura brah. It just tried too hard. If we were going to compare it to something in hiphop it would be Lupes "Lasers" album. All hype but it didn't deliver.

On the bright side the acting was cool and some of the cinematography was ok at times. But parts of the movie were just straight stupid. It had potential but there was just too much off the wall explanations for certain things.

This sh*t had a 100% on RT and that sh*t bogus. There's NO WAY that sh*t deserves anything near that. I'd give it a 70%. Maybe a 75% but thats kind of stretching it.

The same way u just gave ur opinion, the same way RT gave theirs. How is ur opinion more meaningful? Some people hated black panther, the OG Jurassic park and get out.

3 months ago '18        #91
The3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 2757 2757
Jeremiah 11:11

So I, the Lord, say this: ‘I will soon bring disaster on them which they will not be able to escape! When they cry out to me for help, I will not listen to them.

I knew the mother was tethered when the tethered family mother when in the house and the mother was talking english after that I was why she the only one we can understand I started thinking maybe that the littler girl that when into that mirror house , I was right

Question where did the all then tethered get then orange outfits and scissors from?
+3   

3 months ago '16        #92
Supreme God 129 heat pts129
space
space
$6,219 | Props total: 26800 26800
 echion911 said

The masses are going to k*ll you for not agreeing with them

3 months ago '11        #93
SuL2K12 
space
space
$2,150 | Props total: 2265 2265
 glepurple said
Felt the same way, first half of the movie I was good, but once all the plot twists were introduced It fell apart imo. Also lupita carried that movie.
You sure you caught all the plot twist?
+1   

3 months ago '07        #94
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
I wouldnít call them plot holes

Watch how this guy breaks it down (he a bit conry but still makes solid a*s points when talking about plot holes and how we should interpret the film) basically some things donít have to be explained so throughly it is a scifi horror type flick.

He explains it better than me. The explanation is near the end of the video of you donít wanna watch the whole thing

I was asking him because I didnít have any plot holes because there were things that just werenít explained within the story and I was fine with it
+1   

3 months ago '07        #95
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 Supreme God said
The masses are going to k*ll you for not agreeing with them
Not really.

3 months ago '12        #96
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$48,784 | Props total: 72342 72342
 TH35 said
I was asking him because I didnít have any plot holes because there were things that just werenít explained within the story and I was fine with it
My bad

But yeah agreed I was fine with the story and how they fleshed everything out.

Some people just need everything written out and explained. I was good with how they laid it out . Leaving things unknown is fine with me ...
+1   

3 months ago '07        #97
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 Soaring Seagull said
But how was he that strong that he dragged a full grown man with one hand around his ankle lol
He was a big guy. Itís not hard to drag someone if they arenít grasping onto anything.

3 months ago '07        #98
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
My bad

But yeah agreed I was fine with the story and how they fleshed everything out.

Some people just need everything written out and explained. I was good with how they laid it out . Leaving things unknown is fine with me ...
Exactly I donít exposition all the time. Tbh I wouldnít have cared if they didnít even have the scene at the end when she explained her plan.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #99
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,102 | Props total: 1612 1612
 SuL2K12 said
You sure you caught all the plot twist?
Positive, but after a couple days of reflecting Iím not as hard up as I was when I first watched it. I think itís a good movie, but not a classic as some critics deemed it.
+1   

3 months ago '18        #100
Doc Da Great 480 heat pts480
space
space
$7,725 | Props total: 30848 30848
 TH35 said
Was it his fake mom though?! That’s the question
YES.

Just like in Inception. The top falls over folks.

The mindfu*k comes from YOU fu*king YOUR mind.

The plot, the story. it's all misdirection. You get wrapped up in the minuta the movie takes on a bigger life.

Which leads to questions, questions lead to answers...answers lead to resolution.

You know what lack of answers lead to ?

Doubt. So, if you can't get an answer to this or that, no biggie. But, then, what's this question.

What's that question. Next thing you know the whole plot is unraveling, and the whole point of the fu*king thing becomes lost because the story is no longer plausible to you.

The fake mom, is the mother at the end. That's the only way this story works the most. There is a reason for that. There is soemthing Peele does along this narrative he WANTS you to see, to understand, to feel, to think.

HE leaves the door for you to lead your own journey. But think of HIS intention with this story.

It's like a game, You jump down a hole, you die right ? Think of it like that.

What makes the story go foward, what is there to see that she should do what she does (Red) or not why or how the connection between them works.

But IN THE STORY how does it work. Sometimes, alot of sh*t isn't being said for our world but a world within the narrative.

Ala the hands across america. That sh*t ain't been relevant for a long time, but something in THAT world MAKES it relevant to them.

Why ?

it's probably something simple straightforward

Last edited by Doc Da Great; 03-23-2019 at 01:40 PM..
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+130online now  38
Image(s) inside Milf Bod
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-46online now  25
Video inside They need to isolate Atlanta, yall niccas got radiation in yall water.
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  21
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
213 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Jun 18 - Rep. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell - Reparations are not a g..
217 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy