"Us" was a trash movie and an example of paid reviews to build hype

most viewed right now
+42  162
36 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 months ago '14        #51
Soaring Seagull 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 7402 7402
 TH35 said
Gabe was able to hold off Abraham on the motor and k*lled Josh’s tethered on the boat. The tethered weren’t too strong. They were kind of fast though. Zoras was athletic.
But at one point Gabe was getting handled by his tethered. His tethered was dragging him with on hand around his ankle lol
+1   

3 months ago '14        #52
space
space
 TH35 said
That didn’t bother me because she was down there and down there they had their own rules. She probably had to fit in, she came in as a child and was chained to a bed. They probably would’ve k*lled her a*s. I don’t know
LMAO I feel you. The symbolism is more important than the plot anyway.
+1   

3 months ago '18        #53
The3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,542 | Props total: 2814 2814
I bet its was a good movie but because of the reviews you were expecting too much and now you hate the movie....
+3   

3 months ago '16        #54
Killa 
space
space
space
$495 | Props total: 456 456
Ya n*ggas retarded..I don't think the movies is made to be digested in one watch. ..I love it for the simple fact I'm so confused bc I hate predictable sh*t but like some other dude said in another thread tht leaving sh*t for you interpretation sh*t is kinds of a lazy kopt out but I dont thinks thts the case with this film and stop comparing it to regular horror films ...he's showing the horror in humanity and our thinking ..it's deeper than just gore and death
+4   

3 months ago '16        #55
Killa 
space
space
space
$495 | Props total: 456 456
 Soaring Seagull said
Unfortunately I have to agree. This movie was great until it derailed itself toward the end. First off, the movie is much scarier when you think that they're supernatural. Finding out that they were clones took the scary part away for me. Second, the major plot twist created major plot holes. The clones are shown to be stronger than the "humans", but lupita isn't as strong as her human counterpart for whatever reason. And why does the real lupita move and behave like as clone the whole movie if she was the real human?
n*gga she was raised around them sh*ts how else is she supposed to act ...it's like Tarzan being raised in the jungle
+3   

3 months ago '14        #56
space
space
 Killa said
n*gga she was raised around them sh*ts how else is she supposed to act ...it's like Tarzan being raised in the jungle
n*gga she was 6 when she got there. Not an infant. And that still doesn't explain why she's as physically strong as them.
+2   

3 months ago '14        #57
space
space
 The3 said
I bet its was a good movie but because of the reviews you were expecting too much and now you hate the movie....
It's a really good movie. The reveal just has a lot of holes.
+2   

3 months ago '18        #58
Doc Da Great 480 heat pts480
space
space
$7,725 | Props total: 30855 30855
 DaOmega_1 said
Yeahhhhh... That last act will absolutely LOSE people entirely.

I wasn't one of those people.

Imma wait dis out, like I did Get Out.

SXSW is a KNOWN hype machine, but it wasn't until I heard reviews from Jeremy Jahns I "started" to get caught up in it, like maybe he did the damn thing.

and THEN I found out how she ended.

and then I was like oh....Okay. I don't know how that's gonna go over with the public at large man, but I'm okay with this. It's weird, doesn't make sense, it's scifi horror.

I get it.

But, n*ggas still think Get out is a RACE movie largely speaking from the black pov.

So yeah, this movie is not the crowd pleaser Get out it. It's not the straightforward, these people good, those people bad movie.

Yeah, I'm prepared for some confusion, fustration and overhype.

If this was Nolan ?.......Whooooooo.

So I've seen this kind of movie before, movie in terms of hype surrounding a film based on who it is.

Personally, I will admit I haven't seen it. But from everything I've read or watched.

Seems good, interesting, fun, well made. Go see it.

But when n*ggas get to ranking this movie, Yeah,

This is not a masterpiece, just because it doesn't have answers to questions you have. I don't think people get that. Lol. (I'm saying in general)

3 months ago '05        #59
rashcobar 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,816 | Props total: 5982 5982
 1Oh said
The movie is about a secret cult society that abducts black people and places white ppls brains inside their bodies so they can essentially be immortal; yet the black victim's soul are still tied the body, f*ghting back for control.

What part of that description isn't horrific to you? It almost dips all the way into science fiction.

You don't have to like the movie, but don't be intellectually obtuse about film genres as well.
The plot is poorly executed and is a preposterous idea. It's not obtuse to say the film didn't come over get well wasn't scary and that I didn't enjoy it. Regardless of the purported genre I don't think it was a horror movie.

3 months ago '17        #60
dubsax 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,510 | Props total: 29837 29837
 1Oh said
Trash? I wouldn't go that far. Disappointing bc it wasnt as good as Get Out? You can feel that way, but that's a high bar to top.

And US is def a horror movie. Certain people tried to say the same delegitimizing sh*t about Get Out, that it's not really horror. You dont need traditional monsters for it to be horror. Horror can be with all mortal human beings.
neither are horror.
Both are suspense.

3 months ago '07        #61
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
$93,984 | Props total: 20939 20939
 The3 said
This is how I feel some ppl are taking it or just comparing it to Get Out when it’s a completely different movie. The movie is weird though that’s undeniable but it’s not terrible.

3 months ago '07        #62
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 Doc Da Great said
Imma wait dis out, like I did Get Out.

SXSW is a KNOWN hype machine, but it wasn't until I heard reviews from Jeremy Jahns I "started" to get caught up in it, like maybe he did the damn thing.

and THEN I found out how she ended.

and then I was like oh....Okay. I don't know how that's gonna go over with the public at large man, but I'm okay with this. It's weird, doesn't make sense, it's scifi horror.

I get it.

But, n*ggas still think Get out is a RACE movie largely speaking from the black pov.

So yeah, this movie is not the crowd pleaser Get out it. It's not the straightforward, these people good, those people bad movie.

Yeah, I'm prepared for some confusion, fustration and overhype.

If this was Nolan ?.......Whooooooo.

So I've seen this kind of movie before, movie in terms of hype surrounding a film based on who it is.

Personally, I will admit I haven't seen it. But from everything I've read or watched.

Seems good, interesting, fun, well made. Go see it.

But when n*ggas get to ranking this movie, Yeah,

This is not a masterpiece, just because it doesn't have answers to questions you have. I don't think people get that. Lol. (I'm saying in general)
The movie is a crowd pleaser actually, it plays well with a crowd. There’s comedy and moments where you root for them. The questions left unanswered don’t play to a crowd though.

3 months ago '07        #63
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 Killa said
Ya n*ggas retarded..I don't think the movies is made to be digested in one watch. ..I love it for the simple fact I'm so confused bc I hate predictable sh*t but like some other dude said in another thread tht leaving sh*t for you interpretation sh*t is kinds of a lazy kopt out but I dont thinks thts the case with this film and stop comparing it to regular horror films ...he's showing the horror in humanity and our thinking ..it's deeper than just gore and death
This is what makes me like it more than I did initially. Going back and looking at the little things.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #64
patt24 54 heat pts54
space
space
$8,524 | Props total: 5026 5026
The plot hole argument is trash. The plot holes were part of the script and fit the entire narrative of the film.

Who's controlling/created the shadows? Govt, God, science, humans? Based on your beliefs and the person you are you should have your own answers.

How the fu*k do you want someone to tell you how to view a film that is meant to be internally interpreted. That's the whole point of films like these but y'all go into sh*t expecting you to be lead to the water and have someone else drink it for you.
+3   

3 months ago '07        #65
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 Soaring Seagull said
But at one point Gabe was getting handled by his tethered. His tethered was dragging him with on hand around his ankle lol
His leg was fu*ked up.

3 months ago '11        #66
PotheadFocker 177 heat pts177
space
space
$35,117 | Props total: 13034 13034
I just don't get some peoples mentality. Because 50 people enjoyed it at SXSW now 50 people on boxden hate it because others enjoyed it?

What the fu*k happened to judging for yourself? Original thought? Did the movie take you out of your sh*tty life for 2 hours? Are you saying the movie is a try hard with its head up its own a*s, or are you looking in the mirror?
+5   

3 months ago '18        #67
HoopLife88 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,194 | Props total: 8065 8065
Goin to see it at 1. Couldnt go last night bc I knew a million n*ggas would be in there
+1   

3 months ago '18        #68
space
space
 TH35 said
The movie is a crowd pleaser actually, it plays well with a crowd. There’s comedy and moments where you root for them. The questions left unanswered don’t play to a crowd though.
I mean the like the overarching story, that by the end it's like. Yah, clap. Good film.

Really it's more like, One clap. Cause this ain't that kind of movie.

Fam, just saw his fake mom, k*ll his real mom and then the movie just ends.

Yeah, no. That's odd time to hit a n*gga with, wow what a great film. you know what I mean. I'm sure it has crowd pleasing moments, but not, like in the end it was it all worked out.

Naaaaaaaaah, not this time. The movie kinda leaves the stakes pretty high up there.

3 months ago '04        #69
patt24 54 heat pts54
space
space
 Doc Da Great said
Fam, just saw his fake mom, k*ll his real mom and then the movie just ends.
Reverse that.
+3   

3 months ago '18        #70
space
space
 patt24 said
Reverse that.
.......................Should I ?

Should I ?.........................

Should I tho ?............
[pic - click to view]

3 months ago '04        #71
patt24 54 heat pts54
space
space
 Doc Da Great said
.......................Should I ?

Should I ?.........................

Should I tho ?............
[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

3 months ago '18        #72
space
space
 patt24 said

[pic - click to view]

You know She's the real mom.

The fake mom k*lled her.

Ain't sh*t to change.

They make it clear as fu*king day.

3 months ago '04        #73
patt24 54 heat pts54
space
space
 Doc Da Great said
You know She's the real mom.

The fake mom k*lled her.

Ain't sh*t to change.

They make it clear as fu*king day.
Hes a shadow as is she... so technically shes his real mom

3 months ago '07        #74
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,644 | Props total: 3462 3462
Its hard for me to give this a pass just because of the symbolism. Too much was left up to the imagination for me. I like answers. So much of the movie didnt make any sense to ignore for me personally. It was a OK watch and I may watch it again some day but its not as great as people say. The movie was designed for conversation. I can't be upset with anyone liked it anymore than I can be with someone who dislikedd it because both sides are valid.
+2   

3 months ago '17        #75
1Oh 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,789 | Props total: 19100 19100
 rashcobar said
The plot is poorly executed and is a preposterous idea. It's not obtuse to say the film didn't come over get well wasn't scary and that I didn't enjoy it. Regardless of the purported genre I don't think it was a horror movie.
Whether you was scared is subjective. The movie is labeled horror and that was the directors intention regardless of how scared you were or how poor the plot was executed.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  46
Jun 24 - McDonald's started using fresh meat. Here's what happened to sales
172 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-18online now  32
Jun 24 - Home Depot co-founder: Bernie Sanders is the 'enemy of every entrepre..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+100online now  30
Video inside “While yall were screaming oscars so white I went and built my own, I d..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside HOLY sh-t: NIPSEY MOM Is EXPOSING LAPD & MEDIA At BET AWARD DURING SPE..
304 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy