"Us" was a trash movie and an example of paid reviews to build hype

most viewed right now
26 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 months ago '04        #26
GodsFavorite 110 heat pts110
space
space
space
$9,984 | Props total: 5447 5447
 ezduzit said
whenever a movie with a black director or black cast does well its based on paid reviews or fake love on this site...yall are some fu*king losers who cant fathom black ppl having any success outside of sports n rap
Selective memory. People were sayin that way more about captain marvel than Us. Itís a low hangin dig when you donít like a movie no matter who made it
+3   

3 months ago '11        #27
CALViiiN 770 heat pts770
space
space
$20,724 | Props total: 46286 46286
 Doc Da Great said
Oh sh*t, I’m too late. Listen if you’re reading this. If it matters to you. Go in clean.

I’ve known what the ending is for a couple days. It’s, *exhales* how do I say this it “could” be a crowd splitter.

BUT I think in the moment of watching the narrative you will probably really dig it.

But....

Also, Op never saw it obviously.
You look at spoilers no matter what movie it is.

3 months ago '18        #28
Doc Da Great 480 heat pts480
space
space
$7,725 | Props total: 30848 30848
 CALViiiN said
You look at spoilers no matter what movie it is.

Except one.
[pic - click to view]

You need to be ready for tomorrow.
[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Doc Da Great; 03-22-2019 at 01:25 PM..

3 months ago '04        #29
born wisdom 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,340 | Props total: 1806 1806
never understood the concept of taking what somebody else thinks about something and applying that thought to ur life. like what u want. dislike what u want. think for urself people. got some people not even giving the movie a chance because of what somebody on a forum said about the movie. thats some dumb a*s sh*t. see the movie and formulate ur own thoughts about it.
+7   

3 months ago '11        #30
QB Eagles 296 heat pts296
space
space
$16,555 | Props total: 12143 12143
I don't doubt the OP. I was going to see it but I knew I would be disappointed. I'm not really a fan of going to see movies at theatres. I would rather wait and watch it in the comfort of my home. It's not that serious.

3 months ago '05        #31
Tha Boss 62 heat pts62
space
space
space
$26,487 | Props total: 54318 54318
 micseles said
Who got the spoilers? Going tonight after I get off work
This. Who was them people and why was they chasing them. Also Mbaku is a sh*tty actor.

3 months ago '06        #32
DonYBE 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,807 | Props total: 6214 6214
 ezduzit said
whenever a movie with a black director or black cast does well its based on paid reviews or fake love on this site...yall are some fu*king losers who cant fathom black ppl having any success outside of sports n rap
This.

If it was Nolan or Scorese, they'd be hyping it up.

3 months ago '14        #33
Soaring Seagull 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,900 | Props total: 7350 7350
Unfortunately I have to agree. This movie was great until it derailed itself toward the end. SKIP FOR SPOILERS.

First off, the movie is much scarier when you think that they're supernatural. Finding out that they were clones took the scary part away for me. Second, the major plot twist created major plot holes. The clones are shown to be stronger than the "humans", but lupita isn't as strong as her human counterpart for whatever reason. And why does the real lupita move and behave like as clone the whole movie if she was the real human?

Last edited by Soaring Seagull; 03-23-2019 at 06:32 PM..

3 months ago '07        #34
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
$93,978 | Props total: 20929 20929
RT is a collective ... you (as one person) canít give a 75% on RT
+2   

3 months ago '16        #35
Xavier Trout 313 heat pts313
space
space
$4,866 | Props total: 15979 15979
 LeG.O.A.T said
Op is Sphynx
Proof?

3 months ago '05        #36
DaOmega_1 296 heat pts296
space
space
$15,272 | Props total: 8581 8581
 Doc Da Great said
Oh sh*t, Iím too late. Listen if youíre reading this. If it matters to you. Go in clean.

Iíve known what the ending is for a couple days. Itís, *exhales* how do I say this it ďcouldĒ be a crowd splitter.

BUT I think in the moment of watching the narrative you will probably really dig it.

But....

Also, Op never saw it obviously.
Yeahhhhh... That last act will absolutely LOSE people entirely.

I wasn't one of those people.
+3   

3 months ago '04        #37
GodsFavorite 110 heat pts110
space
space
space
$9,984 | Props total: 5447 5447
 Soaring Seagull said
Unfortunately I have to agree. This movie was great until it derailed itself toward the end. First off, the movie is much scarier when you think that they're supernatural. Finding out that they were clones took the scary part away for me. Second, the major plot twist created major plot holes. The clones are shown to be stronger than the "humans", but lupita isn't as strong as her human counterpart for whatever reason. And why does the real lupita move and behave like as clone the whole movie if she was the real human?
Of all the plot holes in the movie this one didnít bother me as much. I think the idea is that being a clone or real person doesnít really matter, itís the environment you develop in
+4   

3 months ago '05        #38
rashcobar 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,794 | Props total: 5957 5957
Not surprising.....get out was a pile of nonsense.

3 months ago '05        #39
rashcobar 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,794 | Props total: 5957 5957
 1Oh said
Trash? I wouldn't go that far. Disappointing bc it wasnt as good as Get Out? You can feel that way, but that's a high bar to top.

And US is def a horror movie. Certain people tried to say the same delegitimizing sh*t about Get Out, that it's not really horror. You dont need traditional monsters for it to be horror. Horror can be with all mortal human beings.
How is get out a horror? Film was contrived and silly and not scary at all...hated it - just another flick where black people were being mistreated in ridiculous ways.

3 months ago '04        #40
Dash 222 heat pts222
space
space
space
$14,180 | Props total: 39301 39301
 Soaring Seagull said
Unfortunately I have to agree. This movie was great until it derailed itself toward the end. First off, the movie is much scarier when you think that they're supernatural. Finding out that they were clones took the scary part away for me. Second, the major plot twist created major plot holes. The clones are shown to be stronger than the "humans", but lupita isn't as strong as her human counterpart for whatever reason. And why does the real lupita move and behave like as clone the whole movie if she was the real human?
imagine eating raw rabbits and having no sane people to talk to u for ur entire childhood up until adulthood. parents gone, no family, no tv, no food except live rabbits?

You might develop some wild azz habits too

[spoiler - click to view]

Last edited by Dash; 03-23-2019 at 01:46 AM..
+3   

3 months ago '13        #41
DiegoRivera 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,596 | Props total: 25242 25242
Y'all buggin

It was better than Get Out

Let the whole thing sink in, please.

3 months ago '13        #42
DiegoRivera 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,596 | Props total: 25242 25242
I'm just gonna reiterate what I said in the other thread

Did anyone else peep how the Hands Across America thing was in reality a corny showboating peaceful protest that was supposed to help those at the bottom and those really at the bottom wound up rising up and murdering everybody?

It's about class. I get it. Little girl from the upper class switched lives with little girl in the lower class. Little girl in the lower class was able to seamlessly blend into the upper, because she's no "other" or untouchable, she's human like "us." She couldn't speak because she didn't know how and she must have learned quick and super well because she was able to blend in to the point where we couldn't tell she wasn't from there.

Whereas Little girl from up top that wound up at the bottom got furious with her place, and with the knowledge of how things were up top she was able to rally up everybody who was otherwise always in the dark and had no idea there was anything beyond where they were.

Nobody else in here got that? There are no loose ends in this movie, it's all very tightly wound. Ask me a questions, try to trip me up.
+11   

3 months ago '14        #43
space
space
 Dash said
imagine eating raw rabbits and having no sane people to talk to u for ur entire childhood up until adulthood. parents gone, no family, no tv, no food except live rabbits?

You might develop some wild azz habits too

[spoiler - click to view]

Yes but remember when she holds lupita's head to the glass in the beginning? Or how she kicks her and she flies though the desk at the end? Only the clones were shown to have that kind of strength.
+2   

3 months ago '14        #44
space
space
 GodsFavorite said
Of all the plot holes in the movie this one didnít bother me as much. I think the idea is that being a clone or real person doesnít really matter, itís the environment you develop in
Yeah it's one you can ignore for the bigger message. I just thought they were on a better path before the reveal.

3 months ago '07        #45
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 Soaring Seagull said
Yes but remember when she holds lupita's head to the glass in the beginning? Or how she kicks her and she flies though the desk at the end? Only the clones were shown to have that kind of strength.
The kicking wasnít super powerful. She got kicked in the middle of her chest and went flying into desks.

3 months ago '17        #46
1Oh 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 18990 18990
 rashcobar said
How is get out a horror? Film was contrived and silly and not scary at all...hated it - just another flick where black people were being mistreated in ridiculous ways.
The movie is about a secret cult society that abducts black people and places white ppls brains inside their bodies so they can essentially be immortal; yet the black victim's soul are still tied the body, f*ghting back for control.

What part of that description isn't horrific to you? It almost dips all the way into science fiction.

You don't have to like the movie, but don't be intellectually obtuse about film genres as well.
+1   

3 months ago '14        #47
space
space
 TH35 said
The kicking wasnít super powerful. She got kicked in the middle of her chest and went flying into desks.
But she was able to pin her down in the first Arch, which seems inconsistent.

3 months ago '14        #48
space
space
There's actually one aspect of the movie that breaks it's entire foundation (SPOILER BELOW)

when the families first meet, red says that she was forced live her life mirroring Adelaide. How is that possible if she's the UNTETHERED human in this movie? The tethered mirror the humans, not the other way around. But red says that when Adelaide ate, she ate rabbits, and that Abraham had to be her Gabriel. But she had autonomy to choose so how is any of that true?
+3   

3 months ago '07        #49
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 Soaring Seagull said
There's actually one aspect of the movie that breaks it's entire foundation (SPOILER BELOW)

when the families first meet, red says that she was forced live her life mirroring Adelaide. How is that possible if she's the UNTETHERED human in this movie? The tethered mirror the humans, not the other way around. But red says that when Adelaide ate, she ate rabbits, and that Abraham had to be her Gabriel. But she had autonomy to choose so how is any of that true?
That didnít bother me because she was down there and down there they had their own rules. She probably had to fit in, she came in as a child and was chained to a bed. They probably wouldíve k*lled her a*s. I donít know
+1   

3 months ago '07        #50
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
 Soaring Seagull said
But she was able to pin her down in the first Arch, which seems inconsistent.
Gabe was able to hold off Abraham on the motor and k*lled Josh’s tethered on the boat. The tethered weren’t too strong. They were kind of fast though. Zoras was athletic.
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+131online now  24
Image(s) inside Milf Bod
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  18
Jun 18 - Rep. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell - Reparations are not a g..
224 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-46online now  17
Video inside They need to isolate Atlanta, yall niccas got radiation in yall water.
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
213 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy