Sony Announces a Reimagined Boondocks (McGruder in, Ruckus as evil politician)

most viewed right now
+42  158
34 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '16        #1
1682 page views
39 comments

Xavier Trout 314 heat pts314
space
space
$4,896 | Props total: 16030 16030
Sony Announces a Reimagined Boondocks (McGruder in, Ruckus as evil politician)

visit this link https://io9.gizmodo.com/s .. cre-1835447417

The Freemans are coming back. Sony has confirmed that The Boondocks is returning with a new television show, and original creator Aaron McGruder is on board. They also revealed a show based on the late Anthony Bourdain’s graphic novel series, and revealed more on Phill Lord and Chris Miller’s much-anticipated animated follow-up to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

As reported by Variety, Sony Pictures Animation unveiled a slew of new shows and films coming in 2020 and beyond. During a presentation it was revealed that McGruder was collaborating with Sony Pictures Television on a reimagined version of The Boondocks. It will dive into the Freemans battle against Uncle Ruckus, who’s now an “evil local government tyrant who rules fictional Woodcrest County, Maryland with an iron fist.” Comedian John Witherspoon, who played Granddad, hinted in a previous interview that he was working on a new The Boondocks show. No word yet about Regina King, though.
+17   

39 comments for "Sony Announces a Reimagined Boondocks (McGruder in, Ruckus as evil politician)"

2 weeks ago '16        #2
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,691 | Props total: 12064 12064
Can be interesting
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #3
Bidam7 335 heat pts335
space
space
$28,920 | Props total: 73612 73612

[video - click to view]

I will forever love Regina King
Down for it. RIP Charlie Murphy
+33   

2 weeks ago '12        #4
FrescoB 82 heat pts82
space
space
$13,740 | Props total: 37809 37809

Hope its not too watered down in today's PC culture
+13   

2 weeks ago '06        #5
droid3000 1194 heat pts1194
space
space
$32,688 | Props total: 46731 46731
i loved season 1 and i felt it got progressively worse after that. i did rewatch some of it recently i realized season 2 was much better than i remembered. nevertheless with all the sh*t thats going on now in america this could be incredible

Last edited by droid3000; 06-12-2019 at 02:25 PM..
+9   

2 weeks ago '16        #6
BobbiHeadRagTop 54 heat pts54
space
space
$7,805 | Props total: 33097 33097
Bet

2 weeks ago '10        #7
Black Excellence 236 heat pts236
space
space
$72,199 | Props total: 42540 42540
I hope Regina ain’t too big to do this.

2 weeks ago '19        #9
King of Snakes 74 heat pts74
space
space
$1,292 | Props total: 6377 6377

[instagram - click to view]

+2   

2 weeks ago '13        #10
batmanwithprep 201 heat pts201
space
space
$10,700 | Props total: 13674 13674
'Reimagined'... on one hand good to know Aaron will be back at the helm. On another hand, a*suming most of the people working on the earlier seasons won't be returning for this, and judging from the premise I expect this to be different from any season we've seen so far. That's neither good nor bad, but I'd like to see something closer to the comic strips.
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
bmf24eva 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,583 | Props total: 4352 4352
"Reimagined" meaning he didnt like where they took it after he left so he's bringing it back to what he wanted to present Season 1-2.

Most likely...
+5   

2 weeks ago '18        #12
MayneThaTruth2 40 heat pts40
space
space
space
$4,209 | Props total: 4659 4659
 bmf24eva said
"Reimagined" meaning he didnt like where they took it after he left so he's bringing it back to what he wanted to present Season 1-2.

Most likely...
 Xavier Trout said

The Freemans are coming back. Sony has confirmed that The Boondocks is returning with a new television show, and original creator Aaron McGruder is on board. They also revealed a show based on the late Anthony Bourdain’s graphic novel series, and revealed more on Phill Lord and Chris Miller’s much-anticipated animated follow-up to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

As reported by Variety, Sony Pictures Animation unveiled a slew of new shows and films coming in 2020 and beyond. During a presentation it was revealed that McGruder was collaborating with Sony Pictures Television on a reimagined version of The Boondocks. It will dive into the Freemans battle against Uncle Ruckus, who’s now an “evil local government tyrant who rules fictional Woodcrest County, Maryland with an iron fist.” Comedian John Witherspoon, who played Granddad, hinted in a previous interview that he was working on a new The Boondocks show. No word yet about Regina King, though.
 FrescoB said

Yall boys still hyping this weak a*s show. It had great artwork, the fact it was African American anime made it dope conceptually, and it had allot of funny moments.

But mf's act like it had some intellectual meaning behind the episodes. MgGruder is a dumb dude, and always pretended like the show was meant to be deeper than it actually was.

It had no depth or anything, it was just a dope concept, artwork, for black people, and had some funny moments.

This sh*t been fell off. Now we back to fall off again!

2 weeks ago '05        #13
rashcobar 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,816 | Props total: 5982 5982
 Bidam7 said

I will forever love Regina King
Down for it. RIP Charlie Murphy
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #14
Chronos 13 heat pts13
space
space
$8,579 | Props total: 5901 5901
:mspaintjrpraise:

2 weeks ago '17        #15
GodBody 286 heat pts286
space
space
$3,317 | Props total: 25198 25198
 FrescoB said

Same thing I was thinking.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '18        #16
stutteringrap 102 heat pts102
space
space
space
$8,083 | Props total: 10035 10035
quit complaining bi*ch. any boondocks is better than no boondocks and season 4 was so ahead of it's time. and compare to these new coons shows.

was fire.

the chris brown episode was fire.

the rosa parks and freedomland was fire.

the kim karshain episode was flames.

and the last episode about gays and retarded folks was flames.

boondocks season 4 was basically everything that going on in today world.

2 weeks ago '19        #17
King of Snakes 74 heat pts74
space
space
$1,292 | Props total: 6377 6377

[instagram - click to view]

+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #18
OldBusiness 180 heat pts180
space
space
$30,183 | Props total: 53883 53883
 Black Excellence said
I hope Regina ain’t too big to do this.
I think she will do it.

I saw an interview where she once said she wanted to buy the show lol
+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #19
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
$5,392 | Props total: 9542 9542
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Yall boys still hyping this weak a*s show. It had great artwork, the fact it was African American anime made it dope conceptually, and it had allot of funny moments.

But mf's act like it had some intellectual meaning behind the episodes. MgGruder is a dumb dude, and always pretended like the show was meant to be deeper than it actually was.

It had no depth or anything, it was just a dope concept, artwork, for black people, and had some funny moments.

This sh*t been fell off. Now we back to fall off again!
There needs to be a communal vote on Boxden to have certain profiles banned
+8   

2 weeks ago '18        #20
space
space
space
 BaseWhitaker said
There needs to be a communal vote on Boxden to have certain profiles banned
Why should my profile be banned for making this observation? Dont tell me your one of the idiots who fell for the ooptywhop?

That show was all over the place, had no message, no direction, but it was funny, and FELT like it was meaningful.

It was all empty nonsense!

2 weeks ago '18        #21
The3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,542 | Props total: 2814 2814
 FrescoB said

The pu**y 2010s will be over soon , let's hope the 2020s are not the same

2 weeks ago '11        #22
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Why should my profile be banned for making this observation? Dont tell me your one of the idiots who fell for the ooptywhop?

That show was all over the place, had no message, no direction, but it was funny, and FELT like it was meaningful.

It was all empty nonsense!
No, you just

A.) Are not Black, and didn’t grow up around us - so you lack any concept of our nuance, you probably get confused and\or offended, because it is not possible for you to understand what you are seeing

Or B.) You are simply a f*g**t

Or C.) Boffum.

I think I will take C, Final Answer - f*g**t.
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #23
space
space
space
 BaseWhitaker said
No, you just

A.) Are not Black, and didn’t grow up around us - so you lack any concept of our nuance, you probably get confused and\or offended, because it is not possible for you to understand what you are seeing

Or B.) You are simply a f*g**t

Or C.) Boffum.

I think I will take C, Final Answer - f*g**t.
Im black you dumbass! I got all of the jokes, and the silliness of the characters, and how each of them represent different black stereotypes!

Nothing on the show offended me, I myself have a brash sense of humor!

But Im also not an idiot. Aaron has never been an intelligent person. The show had ZERO direction or meaning. It was literally all over the place.

He went in interviews and acted like it was "Smartsy", when it wasnt.

Your a fu*king idiot because you fell for it.

I appreciate the show for what it was; A black anime, which was a dope concept.

But we not going to sit and act like it brought something to the table other than entertainment!

2 weeks ago '18        #24
BrooklynDamien 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,396 | Props total: 14921 14921
Bro is bugging saying the show didn't have a message. Every damn episode lol sh*t was basically like a black South Park. The episodes are built around some message about society from our perspective. Every single one. No wasted moments.
+4   

2 weeks ago '11        #25
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Im black you dumbass! I got all of the jokes, and the silliness of the characters, and how each of them represent different black stereotypes!

Nothing on the show offended me, I myself have a brash sense of humor!

But Im also not an idiot. Aaron has never been an intelligent person. The show had ZERO direction or meaning. It was literally all over the place.

He went in interviews and acted like it was "Smartsy", when it wasnt.

Your a fu*king idiot because you fell for it.

I appreciate the show for what it was; A black anime, which was a dope concept.

But we not going to sit and act like it brought something to the table other than entertainment!
Ahhh, so it was option B, then. Got it.
+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  50
Jun 24 - McDonald's started using fresh meat. Here's what happened to sales
172 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-18online now  37
Jun 24 - Home Depot co-founder: Bernie Sanders is the 'enemy of every entrepre..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+100online now  25
Video inside “While yall were screaming oscars so white I went and built my own, I d..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside HOLY sh-t: NIPSEY MOM Is EXPOSING LAPD & MEDIA At BET AWARD DURING SPE..
304 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy