Of Mics and Men. 6 part Wu Tang documentary out now

most viewed right now
+42  159
36 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 month ago '05        #76
tokinjohn 3030 heat pts3030
space
space
$18,681 | Props total: 94258 94258
I read these comments before watching the doc...Divine seemed genuine really...

One, dude hustled for their studio time to get on
He was only on the boat was in retrospect to Rza telling him to go ride his boat (which he owned since back then) when it was the end of D And the Wu.

Typical case of certain members got money and blew it and Divine being the smart one buying property etc and they feeling some kinda way with the mind set I'm the star, I'm the rapper etc..

Think Rza wanted ODB near him so he could watch out for him, and they started together...He gonna let cash cow Meth leave but not Dirty cuz he greedy? Nah ODB the lil cousin you been watching out for since you were kids who actually needed guidance, even as a adult where as he got older got worse and needed it more than ever..

Lastly, Gza just didn't want to be spotlighted for whoever said that...Gza is Rza fam and gave him the best gift Rza ever got in his life by opening his mind to the 5% teachings..they gonna let Masta k*lla's pops get air time but Gza wasn't cool with his air time tho lol
+5   

1 month ago '17        #77
Pretty Tone 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,185 | Props total: 23561 23561
Just finished ep.1 beautiful
Divine look like hood key and peele you can tell him and rza brothers
+3   

1 month ago '17        #78
Pretty Tone 4 heat pts
space
space
sh*t gettin sad now...dirty

Dirty manager a f*g**t yo. On some funny sh*t in the car wit dirty then when rza showed up at the roc office 1dude tried to front on him...smh you see how they do us
+5   

1 month ago '17        #79
Pretty Tone 4 heat pts
space
space
They did divine dirty smh. I dont understand the hate for rza and divine. Rae and ghost felt like he was robbong them because he took a fee for making the deal is crazy. Thats standard business sh*t. If they dealt with anyone else they wouldve took the same cut. Thats that homeboy hookup mentality which is sad because without them they wouldnt of made it up to that point where they could make those deals period. I feel like they are being unfairly portrayed
+5   

1 month ago '18        #80
ordoabchao 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$4,574 | Props total: 6914 6914
 dubsax said
bobby digital live and in stereo.
not quite...

1 month ago '04        #81
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
$19,718 | Props total: 10856 10856
 Pretty Tone said
They did divine dirty smh. I dont understand the hate for rza and divine. Rae and ghost felt like he was robbong them because he took a fee for making the deal is crazy. Thats standard business sh*t. If they dealt with anyone else they wouldve took the same cut. Thats that homeboy hookup mentality which is sad because without them they wouldnt of made it up to that point where they could make those deals period. I feel like they are being unfairly portrayed
Yeah it’s really crazy situation, I can see the argument from both sides.

Divine def did a lot of leg work to put The Wu on with his street sh*t.

1 month ago '05        #82
space
space
 Godric said
There is a reason why he failed as a solo artist before the Wu Tang movement happened. He paid dude 400 dollars to make that logo that Rza basically is and will be caking off for the rest of his life. How much air time did Gza get? (basically none) Inspectah Deck? (basically none)............actually most of the group minus Meth and ODB got very little screen time in this documentary it was more like the Rza show feat. Wu Tang. Why would he let everyone out of their contracts except for ODB? Especially when it coincided with him getting out of jail? I didn't see Rza in the limo to go pick him up but they are suppose to be family and family bla this and family bla that Mr. Rza.

Oh and where do you think Rza resides in the subpar rapper conversation? Aside from 2 or 3 were subpar? Give me a break Method Man, Gza, Inpectah Deck, Raekwon and Ghost are more than 2 or 3 and they absolutely sh*t on Rza as an emcee.
So with this logic Gza failed too? What's this "reason" you speak on for Rza? Godric draw me me something today boxden bro I'll give you $400 for it...you down? What I do with this drawing 2 years from now got nothing to do with you now, we came up with the amount you wanted TODAY, I take it somewhere and shine with it oh well...I take your drawing and don't sh*t with it then it's this dummy paid me $400 for a fancy W...

After all the turmoil with hogging time if whoever in the Wu flick felt they didn't get their time is stupid for signing off on this, Rza could of been in another country, or filming a movie when ODB got out...ODB did a couple of years, no need to stand at the gate holding a sign and the fence cuz your cousin gets out...you'll see him...was Gza in the limo Mr Godric?

Bobbi Digital >>>And Inspectah Deck album
+3   

1 month ago '18        #83
Twrecz 
space
space
$492 | Props total: 934 934
This is one of the dopest documentaries I have seen in a minute, but is this really six parts tho?

1 month ago '04        #84
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
$19,718 | Props total: 10856 10856
 Twrecz said
This is one of the dopest documentaries I have seen in a minute, but is this really six parts tho?
Oh sh*t it’s 6 ? I thought it was only 4

1 month ago '17        #85
dubsax 16 heat pts16 OP
space
space
$9,510 | Props total: 29837 29837
 Twrecz said
nah its only 4, but the site I stream from had 6 place holders for files when I made the thread.
+1   

1 month ago '18        #86
Twrecz 
space
space
$492 | Props total: 934 934
 C.R.I.P. said
Oh sh*t it’s 6 ? I thought it was only 4
That's what I'm trying to figure out myself. Title through me off, but sh*t I'm not complaining if we get some more episodes.

1 month ago '17        #87
TrillestTalk404 44 heat pts44
space
space
$4,771 | Props total: 20725 20725
I need the link... Torrent... Something

1 month ago '13        #88
Godric 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,733 | Props total: 4014 4014
 tokinjohn said
So with this logic Gza failed too? What's this "reason" you speak on for Rza? Godric draw me me something today boxden bro I'll give you $400 for it...you down? What I do with this drawing 2 years from now got nothing to do with you now, we came up with the amount you wanted TODAY, I take it somewhere and shine with it oh well...I take your drawing and don't sh*t with it then it's this dummy paid me $400 for a fancy W...

After all the turmoil with hogging time if whoever in the Wu flick felt they didn't get their time is stupid for signing off on this, Rza could of been in another country, or filming a movie when ODB got out...ODB did a couple of years, no need to stand at the gate holding a sign and the fence cuz your cousin gets out...you'll see him...was Gza in the limo Mr Godric?

Bobbi Digital >>>And Inspectah Deck album
I stopped at you tryin to make a fail attempt at a point halfway through your drawing example. Get out of here how is this even a Wu Tang documentary? 60 percent Rza featuring ODB, Method Man with skits from the rest of the crew. Get out of here where was Rza when ODB got out of jail? If a guy means that much to you why the fu*k aren't you there for him when he walks as a free man again? Get out of here you clown only a couple are less than subpar I name half the group where Rza is the worst of that group and your panties got in a knot playing captain save a hoe who literally wh*red out a fake album he didn't even produce as an art piece that no fan actually gets to listen to for 88 fu*king years and they sell it to 1 of the biggest pieces of sh*t in the world and nobody sees dollars other than Rza and his peoples Civil Ringz who is a bi*ch who has disguise the purposes of asking for verses cause he knows they wouldn't have done it if they knew what he actually was doing. Literally Rza himself in this documentary pretty much said INS was the standard you moron and you trying to defend him when even his own opinion goes against yours you dummy.

1 month ago '05        #89
space
space
 Godric said
I stopped at you tryin to make a fail attempt at a point halfway through your drawing example. Get out of here how is this even a Wu Tang documentary? 60 percent Rza featuring ODB, Method Man with skits from the rest of the crew. Get out of here where was Rza when ODB got out of jail? If a guy means that much to you why the fu*k aren't you there for him when he walks as a free man again? Get out of here you clown only a couple are less than subpar I name half the group where Rza is the worst of that group and your panties got in a knot playing captain save a hoe who literally wh*red out a fake album he didn't even produce as an art piece that no fan actually gets to listen to for 88 fu*king years and they sell it to 1 of the biggest pieces of sh*t in the world and nobody sees dollars other than Rza and his peoples Civil Ringz who is a bi*ch who has disguise the purposes of asking for verses cause he knows they wouldn't have done it if they knew what he actually was doing. Literally Rza himself in this documentary pretty much said INS was the standard you moron and you trying to defend him when even his own opinion goes against yours you dummy.
Lol make up your mind Rza word means nothing til he says somethin to prove your point? Nope, not everyone goes to pick you up from jail that isn't the norm and we talking regular ppl who ain't doing sh*t...Rza could of been on a movie set in fu*king Russia that day...if my ppl getting outta jail after a short 4 Years at that I'm gonna leave that moment for immediate fam like mom, gf, kids and I'll see him when hes ready or maybe they was having a welcome home party that night and I'll see them there...Civil dude comes off corny and fu*k him idc but you can't be mad if your favorite painter painted something and sold it and you couldn't see it, how the fu*k you mad about what ppl do with their sh*t? Go get your vhs home videos and put them in audio form and play it for me cuz I know you more than we know Rza..see how that works? Again Bobbi Digital >>> any INS album...

So again, most of Wu already feeling certain ways, not everyone wants the screen time, majority thought it was dope and you in here bi*ching...they was all executive producers which means they had input..

Lol so "he's the standard" means hes better? Even if it did you ever heard of being humble? ODB is the complete opposite of standard so you think Rza thinks ODB sucks? For real you can type your run on essays til you blue in the face but you lost and big mad...take a poll on picking up people from jail , then lol

Lol wait a minute..."Panties in a knot" "captain save a hoe"...I don't think any member is Subpar, sh*t I don't think anyone in Gravediggaz, Sunz of Man, k*llarmy is either.. lol figured who I'm talking to just now and not supposed to understand Wu and can see why you don't understand picking up ppl from jail...

Again....HOW COME COUSIN GZA GETS A PASS OR OTHER MEMBERS OF THE WU?? See its called most n*ggas in the hood see revolving doors of their ppl in jail and don't form lines when people get out..I had 3 brothers in jail at the same time...I picked the only one up who didn't keep going back over and over again...the other two gtfoh you like doing dumb sh*t you ain't top priority and I don't gotta prove love by being outside and basically making them seem this sh*t is Cool when They get out from doing idk how many bids sh*t gets played out...I go to visits, sh*t I facetime The Last one still locked.

You ain't from the hood, say you didn't read or whatever but you did and you should just quit while you ahead cuz you won't win...

1 month ago '05        #90
space
space
 TrillestTalk404 said
I need the link... Torrent... Something
Idg Showtime either and sure wasn't paying for it but they got the free 7 day joint...just remember to shut it off and not get charged...it's on those Kodi type things too

1 month ago '09        #91
wettems35 
space
space
space
$1,495 | Props total: 1058 1058
Great doc man. My only complaint is that I wish they had gone more in depth with the classic albums they made and how it changed and impacted hip hop.

1 month ago '09        #92
wettems35 
space
space
space
$1,495 | Props total: 1058 1058
 Pretty Tone said
I feel the opposite. I thought both sides were presented well, and i feel RZA and Divine were in the right for the most part. The 2 million dollar album was bullsh*t that I would be mad about, and as one poster stated earlier, there should have been some sort of discounted rate for managing an entire group. 20% of every individuals deal made makes him richer than anyone in the group. Other than that, I think rza and Divine had much better vision and were more business savvy looking at the long haul. If everyone would have stayed in place I think they would've been more successful.

Method man was gonna be huge regardless though so he doesn't count. He just had that Superstar quality from the jump.
+1   

1 month ago '13        #93
Godric 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,733 | Props total: 4014 4014
 tokinjohn said
Lol make up your mind Rza word means nothing til he says somethin to prove your point? Nope, not everyone goes to pick you up from jail that isn't the norm and we talking regular ppl who ain't doing sh*t...Rza could of been on a movie set in fu*king Russia that day...if my ppl getting outta jail after a short 4 Years at that I'm gonna leave that moment for immediate fam like mom, gf, kids and I'll see him when hes ready or maybe they was having a welcome home party that night and I'll see them there...Civil dude comes off corny and fu*k him idc but you can't be mad if your favorite painter painted something and sold it and you couldn't see it, how the fu*k you mad about what ppl do with their sh*t? Go get your vhs home videos and put them in audio form and play it for me cuz I know you more than we know Rza..see how that works? Again Bobbi Digital >>> any INS album...

So again, most of Wu already feeling certain ways, not everyone wants the screen time, majority thought it was dope and you in here bi*ching...they was all executive producers which means they had input..

Lol so "he's the standard" means hes better? Even if it did you ever heard of being humble? ODB is the complete opposite of standard so you think Rza thinks ODB sucks? For real you can type your run on essays til you blue in the face but you lost and big mad...take a poll on picking up people from jail , then lol

Lol wait a minute..."Panties in a knot" "captain save a hoe"...I don't think any member is Subpar, sh*t I don't think anyone in Gravediggaz, Sunz of Man, k*llarmy is either.. lol figured who I'm talking to just now and not supposed to understand Wu and can see why you don't understand picking up ppl from jail...

Again....HOW COME COUSIN GZA GETS A PASS OR OTHER MEMBERS OF THE WU?? See its called most n*ggas in the hood see revolving doors of their ppl in jail and don't form lines when people get out..I had 3 brothers in jail at the same time...I picked the only one up who didn't keep going back over and over again...the other two gtfoh you like doing dumb sh*t you ain't top priority and I don't gotta prove love by being outside and basically making them seem this sh*t is Cool when They get out from doing idk how many bids sh*t gets played out...I go to visits, sh*t I facetime The Last one still locked.

You ain't from the hood, say you didn't read or whatever but you did and you should just quit while you ahead cuz you won't win...
Lmao nobody cares if you had friends/family in jail jesus christ or if you're from the hood. Who is even still using that as a reason for anything other than why they are ashamed of themselves or their family at this point? Once again skimmed this because who the hell wants to read you bringing nonsense into a discussion on whether or not Rza screwed over the clan.....but but but jail and but but but I had 3 brothers in jail so that means I can screw people over out of money because jail bla bla bla.

You aint from anyplace with any sort of a legitimate education system and this is why your opinion will never hold weight.

1 month ago '05        #94
space
space
 Godric said
Lmao nobody cares if you had friends/family in jail jesus christ or if you're from the hood. Who is even still using that as a reason for anything other than why they are ashamed of themselves or their family at this point? Once again skimmed this because who the hell wants to read you bringing nonsense into a discussion on whether or not Rza screwed over the clan.....but but but jail and but but but I had 3 brothers in jail so that means I can screw people over out of money because jail bla bla bla.

You aint from anyplace with any sort of a legitimate education system and this is why your opinion will never hold weight.
Your last sentence is why you shouldn't speak on hip hop or anything hood related bozzo...glad you from a better place with easier ways out...fu*k outta here..so your legitimate place with better education makes you a better judge of ppl who aren't from said place here like myself and the people at topic at hand...don't even respond, I don't talk about these things with people who can't relate but try to be down
+1   

1 month ago '09        #95
59fifty 4 heat pts
space
space
$31,352 | Props total: 22251 22251
6 parts?... is it not just 4?

1 month ago '13        #96
THEDONN 
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 30274 30274
Damn I need this

3 weeks ago '16        #97
Bidam7 335 heat pts335
space
space
$28,920 | Props total: 73613 73613

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Wu tang Clan Pop up Museum
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #98
KillaJ008 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,068 | Props total: 740 740
Wu-tang is the greatest rap group of all time. I'm on episode 3 and I'm loving it
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #99
KING48 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$709 | Props total: 1419 1419
 Godric said
Look at Rza's face when they in the theatre talking about Cilvaringz and that bullsh*t album you can see his soul leaving his body. Rza came off horrible in this imo he talking about family this and family that but the way he words things he acts like the rest of the group owes him everything or something and what he did to ODB letting everyone else out of their contracts while making ODB basically beg so he could get paid after coming out the klink gotta say this just reaffirmed what I already thought that Rza is a huge reason the group drifted apart. This guy pulled off some nobody out the crowd to rap and all of a sudden hes traveling around with him and knowingly allowed him to run game on the rest of the group piecing together bullsh*t verses and labelling it a Wu Tang album and than making 4 million off of it and the actual members didn't see jack sh*t from it (except for Rzas bi*ch a*s most likely).
while I agree, every member of the Wu said they owe everything to RZA. these dudes had no vision or plan.

2 weeks ago '19        #100
KING48 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$709 | Props total: 1419 1419
 mac58 said
there'd be no Wu without RZA...
and he made sure he signed a non-exclusive deal so all the members could do their own deals. .

.he just wanted to keep the Wu brand strong but all the other egos got in the way and they thought they were bigger than Wu. .

which I guess they were..but there was no loyalty. .

RZA had the focus and realization that wutang was a brand and most of the rappers aside from 2 or 3 were just sub par rappers. .

Thye came weak on all the wu projects after 36 chambers because they wanted their own shine. .

all are to blame..at the end of the day it was al about the money by all parties. .

they weren't all bigger than Wu, that's why they keep coming back to Wu

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
online now  41
Jun 24 - McDonald's started using fresh meat. Here's what happened to sales
174 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-19online now  33
Jun 24 - Home Depot co-founder: Bernie Sanders is the 'enemy of every entrepre..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+104online now  32
Video inside “While yall were screaming oscars so white I went and built my own, I d..
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside HOLY sh-t: NIPSEY MOM Is EXPOSING LAPD & MEDIA At BET AWARD DURING SPE..
304 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy