Empty NBA Stats discussion.

most viewed right now
+22  44
32 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

7 months ago '18        #1
1121 page views
56 comments

MayneThaTruth2 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$4,071 | Props total: 4522 4522
Empty NBA Stats discussion.

Assists are one of those dumb meaningless stats. Same as rebounds. Whoever is closes to the ball when it falls out of the rim, gets a rebound. I dont think its special that a person can get allot of them. Its a game of chance as far as where the ball falls and common sense, tells you your going to catch it if its right there to be caught..

Assists means someone makes a shot after you pass them the ball.

If you pass someone the ball, you cant make them shoot it. And if they shoot it, you have no control over the shot going in the hoop.

Only stat that really holds weight is maybe blocks, steals, and points.

What yall think?

56 comments for "Empty NBA Stats discussion."

7 months ago '09        #2
TriniSoldier 71 heat pts71
space
space
$63,043 | Props total: 62172 62172

[video - click to view]

+6   

7 months ago '07        #3
theynd 38 heat pts38
space
space
$1,303 | Props total: 2597 2597
You probably don’t hoop?
+3   

7 months ago '10        #4
ReelCeasar 199 heat pts199
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 5946 5946
Have you ever played a sport in your life? Or do you just make dumb a*s threads?
+2   

7 months ago '05        #5
Young OG 169 heat pts169
space
space
$19,192 | Props total: 15740 15740
I feel like Rebound like damn near a possession. Either an extra or a change of possession. Which is a chance to score... so... um yeah i'm kinda fu*king with rebs and ast.

Ast is broken as far as keeping them go but far from meaningless.
+2   

7 months ago '05        #6
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,906 | Props total: 6845 6845
This thread is what happens when people who have never played a sport speak on said sport
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  7 months ago '15        #7
suavehooper 1541 heat pts1541
space
space
space
$19,729 | Props total: 62837 62837

7 months ago '14        #8
LuckiiWaviano 625 heat pts625
space
space
$22,658 | Props total: 40009 40009
So Dennis Rodman never studied the various angles the ball hit the rim to rebound huh
Sht is all luck
+10   

7 months ago '05        #9
Panopticon 56 heat pts56
space
space
$26,804 | Props total: 15763 15763
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Assists are one of those dumb meaningless stats. Same as rebounds. Whoever is closes to the ball when it falls out of the rim, gets a rebound. I dont think its special that a person can get allot of them. Its a game of chance as far as where the ball falls and common sense, tells you your going to catch it if its right there to be caught..

If you pass someone the ball, you cant make them shoot it. And if they shoot it, you have no control over the shot going in the hoop.

What yall think?
You bout to get slapped so bad Rick James would be like daaaaamn.

You have a point but you have to make it better. See the problem isn't the rebounding statistic OR the a*sist statistic. It's the poor basketball knowledge of the statisticians, and like someone hurled at you - people need to have played the game to understand some of this stuff, it seems.

Rebounds used to be a good stat, until teams just sacrificed everything under the guise of getting back, because players don't wanna run, or maybe todays pace makes it untenable to do that the whole game on defense AND offense.

So now you see a whole team just abandon any attempt at getting a board, and a guy gets a rebound. I agree, those suck. You shouldn't get credited with a rebound for that. But if it's an actual f*ght for the ball, then the guy who rips it down or tips it away to himself from an opponent, should get credited with getting the rebound. Cause he actually did something.

Similarly with a*sists, if you just pass the ball to an open player at the top of the key in a normal set, who cares. That's just a pass. If they shoot it and make it, you essentially just played the role of a basketball player, any player.

Now, if you weave between two defenders and draw a third, then kick it out to the guy who is open BECAUSE you did what you did, and he hits a shot, you should get credit for an a*sist.

If you do all that and kick it out and another defender comes over and helps, and your teammate makes a move, shakes the defender and gets free and quickly shoots and makes it, you should Not get an a*sist, because your play didn't essentially get your teammate an easy score.

Assists should be given when your play basically makes it a gimme, a bunny, an easy shot to make for your teammate. Pass it up early before the defense recognizes an open teammate? a*sist.

Running a normal offense and a guy just jacks it up after you pass it to him? Shouldn't be an a*sist.

Pump fake a shot and look off a guy and find your teammate under the rim for a completely open shot with nobody around? a*sist. That should almost be an a*sist whether the player makes it or not. Just like it almost shouldn't be an a*sist when a guy throws a horrible pass that a guy catches at his feet and the pass actually hurts the chances of making the shot, and then the guy just wildly throws something up and gets lucky and makes it - you shouldn't be rewarded with an a*sist for your sh*tty a*s pass.

So the problem is, you need people recording the stats who are not only not biased, but who have years of experience playing the game to be able to make these determinations, at least roughly, in real time.

To me, that's the future of basketball. Along with guys no longer standing and posing (Sometimes out of bounds!) while they watch their shots go in or miss - but instead, moving to get the rebound or play defense. But that's another rant for another day.

+1   

7 months ago '18        #10
MayneThaTruth2 39 heat pts39 OP
space
space
space
 theynd said
You probably don’t hoop?
No I dont, but I have fu*king common sense.

7 months ago '18        #11
space
space
space
 Panopticon said
You bout to get slapped so bad Rick James would be like daaaaamn.

You have a point but you have to make it better. See the problem isn't the rebounding statistic OR the a*sist statistic. It's the poor basketball knowledge of the statisticians, and like someone hurled at you - people need to have played the game to understand some of this stuff, it seems.

Rebounds used to be a good stat, until teams just sacrificed everything under the guise of getting back, because players don't wanna run, or maybe todays pace makes it untenable to do that the whole game on defense AND offense.

So now you see a whole team just abandon any attempt at getting a board, and a guy gets a rebound. I agree, those suck. You shouldn't get credited with a rebound for that. But if it's an actual f*ght for the ball, then the guy who rips it down or tips it away to himself from an opponent, should get credited with getting the rebound. Cause he actually did something.

Similarly with a*sists, if you just pass the ball to an open player at the top of the key in a normal set, who cares. That's just a pass. If they shoot it and make it, you essentially just played the role of a basketball player, any player.

Now, if you weave between two defenders and draw a third, then kick it out to the guy who is open BECAUSE you did what you did, and he hits a shot, you should get credit for an a*sist.

If you do all that and kick it out and another defender comes over and helps, and your teammate makes a move, shakes the defender and gets free and quickly shoots and makes it, you should Not get an a*sist, because your play didn't essentially get your teammate an easy score.

Assists should be given when your play basically makes it a gimme, a bunny, an easy shot to make for your teammate. Pass it up early before the defense recognizes an open teammate? a*sist.

Running a normal offense and a guy just jacks it up after you pass it to him? Shouldn't be an a*sist.

Pump fake a shot and look off a guy and find your teammate under the rim for a completely open shot with nobody around? a*sist. That should almost be an a*sist whether the player makes it or not. Just like it almost shouldn't be an a*sist when a guy throws a horrible pass that a guy catches at his feet and the pass actually hurts the chances of making the shot, and then the guy just wildly throws something up and gets lucky and makes it - you shouldn't be rewarded with an a*sist for your sh*tty a*s pass.

So the problem is, you need people recording the stats who are not only not biased, but who have years of experience playing the game to be able to make these determinations, at least roughly, in real time.

To me, that's the future of basketball. Along with guys no longer standing and posing (Sometimes out of bounds!) while they watch their shots go in or miss - but instead, moving to get the rebound or play defense. But that's another rant for another day.

You saying some real sh*t. The system is so flawed. I be watching mf's just pass the ball, nothing special, and the other guys makes it, and its an a*sist.

I like when there is a play where lets say Bron causes some confusion amongst a defender, and passes the ball to a spot, and his teammate cuts, to that spot, and boom the ball is right in his hand. Because you didnt pass the ball to a person. You passed it to a place, you knew that person was going to be.

Then that person, goes off the cut, and gets an easy off the backboard layup. That's reading the floor, and befuddling guys.

But just passing a mf the ball, and they just make a basket, is weak. The game is littered with those flawed a*sists stats. Every player in history has a bunch of bs a*sists.

7 months ago '18        #12
space
space
space
 LuckiiWaviano said
So Dennis Rodman never studied the various angles the ball hit the rim to rebound huh
Sht is all luck
sh*t everyone does that. Watches the ball go towards the hoop, and determines where they think it will land.

7 months ago '04        #13
slipnslide85 95 heat pts95
space
space
$9,018 | Props total: 11849 11849
As soon as someone says something along the lines of “rebounding is just about jumping high”, I know IMMEDIATELY that the know nothing about basketball

Boxing out, positioning, battling, adjusting for the ball path hitting the rim/backboard, etc

Fools who don’t realize that real rebounding is damn near a sport by itself suffer on the court and wonder why they always end up with their a*s on the ground. (Or they could just be delusional nerds sitting behind a computer screen)
+3   

7 months ago '18        #14
space
space
space
 Rocky said
you got zero credibility... get the flying fu*k outta here

see @, THIS is what happens when sections dont have MODS... its a shame, BX used be a GREAT... everything went down hill with the Tiny Tank exposure.. damn shame
You dont have sh*t. You have no response, or any reason for why Im wrong. I mean it was an easy point to make. Nothing more to see here folks!

7 months ago '17        #15
LeG.O.A.T 125 heat pts125
space
space
$20,587 | Props total: 45373 45373
Op a fu*king idiot.

He thinks x*x is still alive and he made a thread asking do basketball drills make you taller.

fu*king retards man.

7 months ago '04        #16
dblock187s 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,089 | Props total: 3403 3403
Wow this can't be a serious post

7 months ago '17        #17
Tempus1 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,049 | Props total: 13351 13351
 MayneThaTruth2 said
No I dont,
 MayneThaTruth2 said
but I have fu*king common sense.
/thread
+1   

7 months ago '18        #18
space
space
space
 TaxStoneCooked said
Op a fu*king idiot.

He thinks x*x is still alive and he made a thread asking do basketball drills make you taller.

fu*king retards man.

Never in my life said that sh*t n*gga.
And I want everyone to understand this is another one of Suave's atl's. Admitted to all of his alt's except for this one for some reason.

7 months ago '16        #19
BigBallerLavar 775 heat pts775
space
space
space
$11,664 | Props total: 61419 61419
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Never in my life said that sh*t n*gga.
And I want everyone to understand this is another one of Suave's atl's. Admitted to all of his alt's except for this one for some reason.
Nah man taxstone aint no damn smoothhooper alt

He had an og account that got banned and changed his name

Same thing with that tom dude. They just kept they new account he had a gimmick of stanning eminem heavy then changed up to being a mumble rap stan to mask his cover

Last edited by BigBallerLavar; 10-13-2018 at 11:50 PM..
+1   

7 months ago '18        #20
space
space
space
 BigBallerLavar said
Nah man taxstone aint no damn smoothhooper alt

He had an og account that got banned and changed his name

Same thing with that tom dude. They just kept they new account
Yes it is. Im for certain.

7 months ago '13        #21
Eazy123 821 heat pts821
space
space
$18,453 | Props total: 42642 42642
Hahahahaha

7 months ago '06        #22
Qbert 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,656 | Props total: 7618 7618
I had this convo with someone at work.

Stats are skewed because of positions but they still can translate.

Rebounders from college are usually good rebounders in the pros.

And for John Stockton people been saying they need to see receipts.

7 months ago '16        #23
honda 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,542 | Props total: 21854 21854
 Qbert said
I had this convo with someone at work.

Stats are skewed because of positions but they still can translate.

Rebounders from college are usually good rebounders in the pros.

And for John Stockton people been saying they need to see receipts.

What did you mean by this?

7 months ago '17        #24
80sCrackBaby 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,849 | Props total: 3080 3080
 MayneThaTruth2 said

What yall think?
I think you're a dumb c*cksucker...

How you love that?

7 months ago '06        #25
Qbert 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,656 | Props total: 7618 7618
 honda said
What did you mean by this?
It's been said that his totals are miscalculated they used to just add sh*t on or give him a*sists after the scoring players took more than the allowed number of dribbles, which I think is two.

I heard this a few times online.

Home      

most viewed right now
+81online now  28
Mike Epps Thick Chocolate Sexy Daughter Bria
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+73online now  23
Image(s) inside Leonardo DiCaprio doesn’t date women over 25. Past their prime Feminis..
252 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-56online now  18
Is dude gay for dating a transgender?
182 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+70online now  14
Video inside Gillie Got some words for Cassidy for disrespecting him