Here's why I'm officially quitting Apple Laptops.

most viewed right now
-16  64
36 comments @misc
most viewed right now
+47  54
28 comments @thotties

section   (2 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 days ago '16        #76
B86 
space
space
space
$2,080 | Props total: 7632 7632
 JacobWatch said
lmao @ fanboy.

Every windows pc I've ever used gets pop ups, even with pop up blockers installed & purchased anti virus software, a bunch of bullsh*t still gets through. Then it gets slow over time and basically goes to sh*t.

The reason I was getting a new pc every year is because of a warranty loophole, so when I felt the computer was eventually going to go to crap I'd get a new one...not because I NEEDED to.

But everyone told me mac doesn't have those problems so I copped a macbook and haven't had a problem with it in 8 years. Running adobe software, video editing software, along with working files as far back as 2014 & it's still as fast as the day I bought it.

idgaf about a pc android vs apple, I care about getting my money's worth and $1200 for 8 years of steady performance with no bs sounds good to me.
I build PCs and have been using them for decades now. The fact that it's 2019 and you're talking about popups negates everything you've said. I haven't seen a pop up in years, unless I allow it. I can build you a PC for $400 that will sh*t in that MAC or you can buy a laptop for $400-500 that will do the same
+2   

6 days ago '17        #77
tu calmas 20 heat pts20
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 15035 15035
 Teddy KGB said
Itís not about spotlight, itís about organization. I like to have a nice layout that I can view and sort my files. OSX filing system is a jumbled mess. If it werenít for spotlight, Iíd barely be able to get to anything quickly. Itís just an inferior system.
yea thats true the OSX filing system requires you to be more organized

6 days ago '18        #78
Illmatic826z 39 heat pts39
space
space
$860 | Props total: 3576 3576
My 2012 MacBook died on me few times I resurrected that bi*ch and got right back too.

I had the same laptop since 2012

Iíve never met a windows user that could say that.

I done downloaded all kinds of sh*t never caught virus never need no anti virus bullsh*t

Itís 2019 and yíall using windows?!?!??

You muthafu*kas disgust me

6 days ago '18        #79
space
space
 B86 said
I build PCs and have been using them for decades now. The fact that it's 2019 and you're talking about popups negates everything you've said. I haven't seen a pop up in years, unless I allow it. I can build you a PC for $400 that will sh*t in that MAC or you can buy a laptop for $400-500 that will do the same
Is that what gets you off?

You like that huh?

Oh yeah you like that donít ya bi*ch

6 days ago '16        #80
00010111 107 heat pts107 OP
space
space
$4,102 | Props total: 15641 15641
 Illmatic826z said
My 2012 MacBook died on me few times I resurrected that bi*ch and got right back too.

I done downloaded all kinds of sh*t never caught virus never need no anti virus bullsh*t

I have a couple of Thinkpads from 2010/11 that run fine. Granted, I don't use them often but they work.

Also, they run Linux and not Windows.

6 days ago '06        #81
RaulG 
space
space
space
$1,355 | Props total: 378 378
I don't have any apple products like iphones and ipads... but I do have a 2015 Macbook Pro.

It's been 4 years since I bought it and it still runs like day 1. It's still fast and I haven't even thought about buying a newer one.

I had used to go through Windows laptops including ones with Beats audio from HP and they all went to garbage within a year.

In class everybody with windows laptops had to automatically have them plugged to an outlet because the battery would die within 20 minutes even when fully charged. The fans sounded like airplanes in class too.
+3   

6 days ago '16        #82
B86 
space
space
space
 Illmatic826z said
Is that what gets you off?

You like that huh?

Oh yeah you like that don’t ya bi*ch
Wtf?

6 days ago '09        #83
messy marv stan 5197 heat pts5197
space
space
$70,361 | Props total: 114319 114319
 cuzjuan said
if ur down for a closed eco system and basically use out the box then like an iphone a mac is for you. if you like to customize use warez and tinker plus have unlimited supply of hardware and software support than windows is the no brainers....

oh yeah if you dont have the money to buy something u can buy for half price just cause of this prestige reputation apple has than pc is for u

windows desktops and laptops dont cost much to upgrade. doesnt the apple empire require its victims to go thru them for upgrades
+1   

6 days ago '17        #84
JacobWatch 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,757 | Props total: 7632 7632
 B86 said
lmao You build pc's and calling me a fanboy??

Sorry to bust your bubble but the average day to day consumer isn't building a fu*king computer... Like i said before I don't need led lights, 8 fans, and wires sticking out of my sh*t...but if that's your thing do you.

The reason I keep talking about pop ups is because that's how long it's been since I've used a pc and had to call someone like you to get it up and running again.

but post a pic of one of your setups, if it looks dope and runs better than my macbook I'll cop it

sike.

6 days ago '16        #85
d3falt 
space
space
space
$12 | Props total: 11 11
Recently switched back to Mac OS

Had an HP Spectre that went limp mode on me outta nowhere, so I parted it out and bought a spec'd 2012 MBP. Issue free besides whenever I try taking on too many things at a time and heat starts building.

6 days ago '07        #86
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,234 | Props total: 277 277
 B86 said
I propped you but I disagree with part of the argument. If you're looking at performance solely from a benchmark standpoint, then I'm sure we're talking about SSDs, processing power and things along those lines.

I don't think many of us who fu*k with Apple are disillusioned about how they overcharge for basic things like storage space; or how they're usually a year behind on processing power or graphics drivers. But it excels for me casually and professionally. None of this is for gaming, so some options aren't real considerations for me and people I know with similar workflows.

I agree with the idea that popups and the spyware epidemic from like 2006-2010 are dated criticisms. It's just an era that left a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of people my age who transitioned fully to the Apple ecosystem. Felt like I had to become an IT professional just to remove malware in safe mode from my $500 Dell PCs, while Apple offered protections at the time (like not having the then-easily compromised Internet Explorer).

The thing most people miss when they're talking about PC performance vs. Apple is that ecosystem, though. The seamless transitions between my iPhone XS, iMac Pro at work, MacBook Pro at home + 2012 Mac mini acting as a media server for my Apple TV is simply a better experience than anything I can get with a PC.

I'm sure you could school me to some 2019 PC solutions for media servers and other cloud-syncing services, but these are often third-party programs that don't offer the same seamless out-of-box experience Apple does. And truthfully, I'm probably too financially invested at this point between apps and content purchased on iTunes to even consider if the newest Windows version is worth my time.
+2   

6 days ago '04        #87
DJ Maximum|M 61 heat pts61
space
space
$46,196 | Props total: 23117 23117
 Illmatic826z said

I currently have the same laptop from 2012 as well what is ur point?

thats windows

i5 with 512 SSD and 16 gb of ram so.......

then again I know what Im doing with cpus

My Laptop never died and I didnt pay half of what u paid
+1   

6 days ago '05        #88
messiallah 
space
space
$323 | Props total: 93 93
This guy has been compromised.

Mac > PC
OSX > Windows

6 days ago '06        #89
backtrack 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 818 818
 d3falt said
Recently switched back to Mac OS

Had an HP Spectre that went limp mode on me outta nowhere, so I parted it out and bought a spec'd 2012 MBP. Issue free besides whenever I try taking on too many things at a time and heat starts building.
How much did the MacBook run you plair. I have an HP Spectre that works fine and is aluminum for the most part except the plastic parts around the screen and the hinges that are breaking down smh.

I have to keep tape around the left hinge so the plastic bezel doesn't separate from the screen when I open it.

6 days ago '16        #90
B86 
space
space
space
 JacobWatch said
lmao You build pc's and calling me a fanboy??

Sorry to bust your bubble but the average day to day consumer isn't building a fu*king computer... Like i said before I don't need led lights, 8 fans, and wires sticking out of my sh*t...but if that's your thing do you.

The reason I keep talking about pop ups is because that's how long it's been since I've used a pc and had to call someone like you to get it up and running again.

but post a pic of one of your setups, if it looks dope and runs better than my macbook I'll cop it

sike.

I still have clients after all these years, so "sorry to burst your bubble" but people get PCs built all the time; especially those that know the value of the things the purchase and don't like to waste their money on things like a pre-built Acer or Dell. You can't smiley your way out of not knowing what you're talking about...

6 days ago '16        #91
Negusis 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,139 | Props total: 10339 10339
 JacobWatch said
no what is it??
To infect as many conouters as possible.

Which is why viruses for Macs are rare. If you love a Mac co tinue to love it. Options are a good thing. Macs need to amd should exist.

But they are limited and overrated. Just like the iPhone.

Plus, Apple devices and software get hacked left and right all the time. The Fappening, thats 90%+ Apple.

6 days ago '17        #92
JacobWatch 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,757 | Props total: 7632 7632
 B86 said
I still have clients after all these years, so "sorry to burst your bubble" but people get PCs built all the time; especially those that know the value of the things the purchase and don't like to waste their money on things like a pre-built Acer or Dell. You can't smiley your way out of not knowing what you're talking about...
Why?

Because my smilies donít load on my Mac as fast as they would on your handbuilt pc?

I donít claim to be a computer wiz, I know my sh*t from back in the day but Iím good on that now, too much going on.

Youíre getting at me because I said my MacBook is better those pre built dells and acers, which you said yourself are pieces of sh*t

You want a windows vs apple war but you got the wrong guy, they both can go fu*k themselves for all I care.

6 days ago '07        #93
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,234 | Props total: 277 277
 Negusis said
To infect as many conouters as possible.

Which is why viruses for Macs are rare. If you love a Mac co tinue to love it. Options are a good thing. Macs need to amd should exist.

But they are limited and overrated. Just like the iPhone.

Plus, Apple devices and software get hacked left and right all the time. The Fappening, thats 90%+ Apple.
The Fappening was more of a social engineering hack that exploited the ecosystem, no? Cleverly cracking iCloud passwords was the source wasnít it? It wasnít like hackers found a backdoor on Apple servers the same way emails and passwords get stolen all the time, like Ashley Madison for example.

Not sure when the last stable jailbreak happened, or if there is one now, but hacks donít seem as prevalent to me. Probably more software error, like the Group FaceTime bug from a few months ago.

6 days ago '18        #94
space
space
 DJ Maximum said
I currently have the same laptop from 2012 as well what is ur point?

thats windows

i5 with 512 SSD and 16 gb of ram so.......

then again I know what Im doing with cpus

My Laptop never died and I didnt pay half of what u paid
Have i met u?

didnt think so.

Gon head and chalk up a Dub for tha god

6 days ago '16        #95
Negusis 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,139 | Props total: 10339 10339
 KeithHernandez said
The Fappening was more of a social engineering hack that exploited the ecosystem, no? Cleverly cracking iCloud passwords was the source wasnít it? It wasnít like hackers found a backdoor on Apple servers the same way emails and passwords get stolen all the time, like Ashley Madison for example.

Not sure when the last stable jailbreak happened, or if there is one now, but hacks donít seem as prevalent to me. Probably more software error, like the Group FaceTime bug from a few months ago.
Thats probably because the hacker got 18 months in prison. And most likely his charges are s*x crime related. Most nerds aint built for prison. Not just regular prison, he got send ti federal prison. 2 years in the feds is a nice deterrent for the next guy that gets ideas.

6 days ago '04        #96
cuzjuan 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 3335 3335
 messy marv stan said
windows desktops and laptops dont cost much to upgrade. doesnt the apple empire require its victims to go thru them for upgrades
basically, unless you actually see a mac as just a computer and then realize u dont need a mac lol... if mac users just did a bit of research they would know how to format and install their own hard drive for 40-60 bucks...

but hey they can keep paying outrageous absorbent prices for what pc users use spare change for
+1   

6 days ago '10        #97
ColeWorld 47 heat pts47
space
space
$11,522 | Props total: 3439 3439
 KeithHernandez said
I propped you but I disagree with part of the argument. If you're looking at performance solely from a benchmark standpoint, then I'm sure we're talking about SSDs, processing power and things along those lines.

I don't think many of us who fu*k with Apple are disillusioned about how they overcharge for basic things like storage space; or how they're usually a year behind on processing power or graphics drivers. But it excels for me casually and professionally. None of this is for gaming, so some options aren't real considerations for me and people I know with similar workflows.

I agree with the idea that popups and the spyware epidemic from like 2006-2010 are dated criticisms. It's just an era that left a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of people my age who transitioned fully to the Apple ecosystem. Felt like I had to become an IT professional just to remove malware in safe mode from my $500 Dell PCs, while Apple offered protections at the time (like not having the then-easily compromised Internet Explorer).

The thing most people miss when they're talking about PC performance vs. Apple is that ecosystem, though. The seamless transitions between my iPhone XS, iMac Pro at work, MacBook Pro at home + 2012 Mac mini acting as a media server for my Apple TV is simply a better experience than anything I can get with a PC.

I'm sure you could school me to some 2019 PC solutions for media servers and other cloud-syncing services, but these are often third-party programs that don't offer the same seamless out-of-box experience Apple does. And truthfully, I'm probably too financially invested at this point between apps and content purchased on iTunes to even consider if the newest Windows version is worth my time.

This sh*t right here

6 days ago '04        #98
$ouljaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,200 | Props total: 416 416
WIN10 made things in Windows a lot simpler.

6 days ago '06        #99
vinylfiend1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,284 | Props total: 679 679
My 2011 MacBook Pro still running smooth, mostly use it for streaming bootleg ppv f*ghts and serato sl1 djing

6 days ago '09        #100
messy marv stan 5197 heat pts5197
space
space
$70,361 | Props total: 114319 114319
 cuzjuan said
basically, unless you actually see a mac as just a computer and then realize u dont need a mac lol... if mac users just did a bit of research they would know how to format and install their own hard drive for 40-60 bucks...

but hey they can keep paying outrageous absorbent prices for what pc users use spare change for

i got a dell inspiron d620 for $65 from ebay. the only upgrades were $15 spent on laptop ram and another $15 on a external dvd burner

desktop is a 2006 $10 dell optiplex 980 i got from a yard sale.
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+45online now  49
goes to my college... damn yo. Middle finger to this life fahm.
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  36
Spring Break aint what it used to be. IG/Thotiana Culture effect
163 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+97online now  36
Rap Concerts are a weird environment