Here's why I'm officially quitting Apple Laptops.

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '06        #51
miltownhpt 
space
space
$103 | Props total: 65 65
got a 2018 15" .. hate the price but the laptop is amazing. only thing, you gotta get all new cords to connect to usb-c only ports. but on the flipside, apple is on that fu*k sh*t for forcing you to buy your sh*t overspec'd since all of the parts are soldered on now. that's fine for a tablet (somewhat) and a phone. but not for a fu*king laptop. smh.

use to flip macbooks for years and 2011/2012 model netted me a lot of bread. especially when they apple had the replacement program for bad video chips/logic boards...

1 week ago '05        #52
Soprano ATL 44 heat pts44
space
space
$9,992 | Props total: 1559 1559
 acefresh said
if i'm spending 2-3 racks on a computer its gonna be one of those Mac Pro's with the octa core processor n all that. multiple monitors...and it's gonna be a part of a complete studio. and i gotta be able to recoup that wit the work within 1-2 projects. sh*t gotta be proportionate
I had a 2007 mac pro with 8 cores and 32 gig's of ram in my studio for years. My newer mbp quad I7 with 16 ram is faster. I don't use many plugins tho, most of my sounds are hardware. Just use some omnisphere and effects plugins outside of drums. I didn't even bother pulling the UAD pcie card out when the pro finally died, but I wish I had and put it in a case.
+1   

1 week ago '12        #53
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
$9,651 | Props total: 33001 33001
 Soprano ATL said
I had a 2007 mac pro with 8 cores and 32 gig's of ram in my studio for years. My newer mbp quad I7 with 16 ram is faster. I don't use many plugins tho, most of my sounds are hardware. Just use some omnisphere and effects plugins outside of drums. I didn't even bother pulling the UAD pcie card out when the pro finally died, but I wish I had and put it in a case.
yea i think there was some limitation in system cache or processor speed with those older mac pro's that made them slow even tho the specs look nice. that's why they go for dumb cheap on ebay these days. i was considering one of those before i got my macbook.

i use fl studio with omnisphere for the most part. i have a bunch of plugins but i don't have the depth of understanding to put them to use yet lol. i can make an ill loop but i'm trying to wrap my head around song structure, variation and transitions - most importantly the bridge. i can't figure out how to make a bridge that connects well with the rest of the song but has enough variation to sound different at the same time.

u got a bandcamp or soundcloud? i'd be interested in hearing your work.

1 week ago '04        #54
mac58 247 heat pts247
space
space
$8,358 | Props total: 15819 15819
i have a 2013 macbook pro..
but im about to cop the Hauwei Matebook X Pro

1 week ago '07        #55
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,234 | Props total: 277 277
 SPdaGOAT said
Like I tell everyone, dont buy a macbook unless you really need it or just love the UI
So, don't get one unless you want one?
+1   

1 week ago '07        #56
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,234 | Props total: 277 277
Used to enjoy some of these unbox therapy videos, mostly because he'd put me on to some new sh*t I may not have known about like speakers and headphones. But Lew has been salty AF at Apple ever since they didn't ship him some iPhone X's to 'review.'

Only thing that was ever really clear is that he's not actually a tech dude, just a regular dude with access to cool tech. He's gonna quit Apple laptops, but watch for the next time he unboxes some free gaming PC with an 8K monitor and gushes for 10 minutes.

1 week ago '04        #57
mr_underground|m 2153 heat pts2153
space
space
$24,546 | Props total: 37043 37043
Computer are kind of a side business for Apple now. The iOS system is where they have all the advantage. Even the iPad Pro is seen as a laptop replacement and Mac mini as a desktop replacement. Seems like Apple isnít focused on the bigger form factor computing machines

1 week ago '04        #58
Stormtrooper 2 heat pts
space
space
$875 | Props total: 247 247
 acefresh said
I always buy preowned with a warranty. Still rockin a 2011 17Ē MacBook Pro maxed out. Gets a lil hot sometimes but other than that, flawless. And seamless integration of notes, emails, messaging with iPhone. Couldnít ask for more

Oh and the 3 finger tap on the trackpad to quickly lookup definitions of words alone outweighs anything windows could offer me. Itís those little things that go a long way.

Multiple desktops simultaneously, switching between them with a swipe, hot corners...the productivity and workflow is simply unmatched.

Windows 10 is cool, much better than anything theyíve ever dropped but

edit: upon actually watching the video, it sounds like windows and/or lenovo cut a check for the homie.
Yo....!!!!

No fu*king lie, didn't get mine used brought it new.

(Late 2011) 17 inch, maxed out the RAM. The hard drive did die because I was using the internal drive to run my music files when i first started producing. Outside of that , and apple breaking my CD drive, this sh*t runs hard.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #59
SPdaGOAT 20 heat pts20
space
space
$14,784 | Props total: 31271 31271
 KeithHernandez said
So, don't get one unless you want one?
No, if you simply want one, research and decide its good for you. Otherwise just get a PC.

1 week ago '12        #60
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Stormtrooper said
Yo....!!!!

No fu*king lie, didn't get mine used brought it new.

(Late 2011) 17 inch, maxed out the RAM. The hard drive did die because I was using the internal drive to run my music files when i first started producing. Outside of that , and apple breaking my CD drive, this sh*t runs hard.
I use my internal drive for my music files

Moving my sh*t to my external ASAP! Good looks smh
+1   

1 week ago '05        #61
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,135 | Props total: 4185 4185
As someone with both a custom built PC and a Macbook..

just shut the fu*k up and use whatever you like. Some are better than others at different tasks. No one cares about your opinion as to which one's better, just stfu and use whatever you want
+1   

1 week ago '08        #62
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$37,797 | Props total: 20125 20125
All Apple Everything

iPhone Life

Macbook life

Series 4 iWatch Life

Hell I even on Apple Stock that essentially paid for all of it

1 week ago '17        #63
tu calmas 20 heat pts20
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 15047 15047
 Teddy KGB said
Facts.

I had a MacBook Air 13.3Ē and now have a MacBook 12Ē. The Airís down button broke after about a year and they wanted $1,000 to fix it. Did it myself a couple years later and it was a pain in the a*s. About a year into owning the 12Ē, the right shift key became weird, where you have to press exactly in the center of the key it it wonít work. Plus the keyboard feels terrible in general.

I hate the Mac OSX file system. Compared to Windows Explorer, itís terrible. I can keep so clean and organized on my work computer with Windows. The Apple system looks like a complete mess. Finder is complete garbage. I seriously donít know where anything is, and Iím not a noob user. It just isnít well thought out.
if u dont use spotlight search you a noob user

1 week ago '07        #64
whowantit 36 heat pts36
space
space
$3,921 | Props total: 5855 5855
My job uses desktops equipped with Windows 10. There’s always something either freezing, crashing, not connecting, or just slow. I push the keyboard out of the way and use my 2015 MacBook instead, never have an issue.

1 week ago '11        #65
DRAGONFLY JONES 132 heat pts132
space
space
$9,671 | Props total: 5451 5451
I'll never buy another Apple product ..fu*k therm n*ggas

1 week ago '05        #66
space
space
 acefresh said
yea i think there was some limitation in system cache or processor speed with those older mac pro's that made them slow even tho the specs look nice. that's why they go for dumb cheap on ebay these days. i was considering one of those before i got my macbook.

i use fl studio with omnisphere for the most part. i have a bunch of plugins but i don't have the depth of understanding to put them to use yet lol. i can make an ill loop but i'm trying to wrap my head around song structure, variation and transitions - most importantly the bridge. i can't figure out how to make a bridge that connects well with the rest of the song but has enough variation to sound different at the same time.

u got a bandcamp or soundcloud? i'd be interested in hearing your work.
I don't really do the online sh*t, I very much keep myself to myself these days and let my manager handle sh*t for me. Pm me your email and I got a few I can send.

1 week ago '12        #67
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Soprano ATL said
I don't really do the online sh*t, I very much keep myself to myself these days and let my manager handle sh*t for me. Pm me your email and I got a few I can send.
bet.

1 week ago '05        #68
space
space
 acefresh said
bet.
One min, my inbox full ill empty.

1 week ago '12        #69
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Soprano ATL said
One min, my inbox full ill empty.
word i already sent it lmk if u didn't get it i'll send again

1 week ago '05        #70
space
space
 acefresh said
word i already sent it lmk if u didn't get it i'll send again
Yea I didn't get it, but I got an email saying u tried to send but inbox full.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #71
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
$14,784 | Props total: 46813 46813
 tu calmas said
if u dont use spotlight search you a noob user
Itís not about spotlight, itís about organization. I like to have a nice layout that I can view and sort my files. OSX filing system is a jumbled mess. If it werenít for spotlight, Iíd barely be able to get to anything quickly. Itís just an inferior system.

1 week ago '16        #72
B86 
space
space
space
$2,087 | Props total: 7660 7660
 JacobWatch said
OR

It sounds like like Apple has better protection against viruses

Or, you're just slow and a fanboy instead of using your brain

1 week ago '16        #73
B86 
space
space
space
$2,087 | Props total: 7660 7660
 JacobWatch said
So why did I have to pay for virus protection on windows?

I haven’t had a pop up in years.

And when you said Idk how to take care of a computer, is there a yearly oil change I’ve been skipping or something?

I just an average consumer that uses a laptop for work, if you want to take your pc apart and add led lights and chrome fans that’s whats up but that sh*t ain’t for everybody
You HAD to pay for virus protection? Smh it just keeps getting better. Bruh, just say you like Apple because you clearly don't know about computers
+1   

1 week ago '17        #74
JacobWatch 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,760 | Props total: 7639 7639
 B86 said
Or, you're just slow and a fanboy instead of using your brain
lmao @ fanboy.

Every windows pc I've ever used gets pop ups, even with pop up blockers installed & purchased anti virus software, a bunch of bullsh*t still gets through. Then it gets slow over time and basically goes to sh*t.

The reason I was getting a new pc every year is because of a warranty loophole, so when I felt the computer was eventually going to go to crap I'd get a new one...not because I NEEDED to.

But everyone told me mac doesn't have those problems so I copped a macbook and haven't had a problem with it in 8 years. Running adobe software, video editing software, along with working files as far back as 2014 & it's still as fast as the day I bought it.

idgaf about a pc android vs apple, I care about getting my money's worth and $1200 for 8 years of steady performance with no bs sounds good to me.

1 week ago '05        #75
JimDinO77 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,526 | Props total: 10187 10187
My iMac is 13 years old, still running smooth, no viruses, nothing ..... if my MacBook fu*ks up, Iíd be shocked

Home      

most viewed right now
+71online now  20
How's a nigga supposed to stay p0rn free with these hoes
127 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+42online now  12
Image(s) inside WOW: J. PRINCE Really THE GODFATHER Of HOUSTON, Look How He WAVE OFF H..
156 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+30online now  8
Image(s) inside Mar 21 - Cliff Dixon robbed n killed at his own bday party..smh
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  4
Image(s) inside Mar 21 - Alexandra OCasio Cortez covers TIME magaIne