Here's why I'm officially quitting Apple Laptops.

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 days ago '14        #26
NineDime 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,502 | Props total: 3890 3890
Typically if you buy a good Windows laptop you’re not gonna have any problems. You just have to know what to look for.

With Mac, there aren’t any options except for a mild alteration in setup/specs, resulting in a low end floor of solid computers. With Windows, there is a wide spectrum from unusable to powerhouses.
It all depends on what you want from your computer.

And if you’re still worried about/getting viruses in 2019 you are on some other sht

Last edited by NineDime; 03-14-2019 at 03:58 PM..
+9   

6 days ago '17        #27
JacobWatch 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,754 | Props total: 7621 7621
 Negusis said
Because nobody makes viruses for Macs. Do you know what the purpose of a virus is?

no what is it??

6 days ago '17        #28
TROY 
space
space
$2,164 | Props total: 5306 5306
I have a MacBook I use for the most part

If I need to graphic design, I have my pc laptop for that

But I prefer Mac now. Battery last a full work shift if I work from home, iMessage, notes there, FaceTime plus I can answer calls

Thatís just me
+2   

6 days ago '15        #29
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
$14,748 | Props total: 46677 46677
Facts.

I had a MacBook Air 13.3Ē and now have a MacBook 12Ē. The Airís down button broke after about a year and they wanted $1,000 to fix it. Did it myself a couple years later and it was a pain in the a*s. About a year into owning the 12Ē, the right shift key became weird, where you have to press exactly in the center of the key it it wonít work. Plus the keyboard feels terrible in general.

I hate the Mac OSX file system. Compared to Windows Explorer, itís terrible. I can keep so clean and organized on my work computer with Windows. The Apple system looks like a complete mess. Finder is complete garbage. I seriously donít know where anything is, and Iím not a noob user. It just isnít well thought out.
+2   

6 days ago '19        #30
Dickhead 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$342 | Props total: 753 753
 Negusis said
Because nobody makes viruses for Macs. Do you know what the purpose of a virus is?
Totally false
+1   

6 days ago '17        #31
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
space
$489 | Props total: 1461 1461
 mikejuheard said
So you rather Drive a Hyundai which is windows

Then a Lambo which is Apple
Better analogy would've been driving a Tesla Roadster 2.0 [Windows] vs a Bugatti [Apple] (the comparison of course being that a Bugatti costs 10 times as much and looks slightly prettier yet has worse performance specs).
+1   

6 days ago '07        #32
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$504 | Props total: 951 951
From strictly bang for the buck perspective windows laptops may be a better value but I still prefer my mackbook. From the UI to mult platform intergration. I havenít had any issues with my mackbooks over the past 10 years other than replacing a battery. Iím paying a premium but Iím happier with the product.
+2   

6 days ago '06        #33
kgb 
space
space
space
$529 | Props total: 227 227
Windows data management gets worse in each release. Been on win10 a year and never encountered UEIF. On my 4th windows based machine in 8 years. Thinking hard about going Mac.

6 days ago '14        #34
breezeus313 
space
space
space
$545 | Props total: 1142 1142
I would rather an apple for a laptop because they keep their value so well
you can buy window laptop for $1k and the next day is worth $300 at the pawn shop
+1   

6 days ago '17        #35
AllWins 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,494 | Props total: 6207 6207
Not clicking, donít care. Came in to say my 2012 MacBook still runs great. Would love go hear about peopleís 2012 windows laptop thatís still working like new
+6   

6 days ago '09        #36
Zaosyn 264 heat pts264
space
space
$15,038 | Props total: 3129 3129
I use a 13" maxed out 2017 MBP for work. I love it but over the past few months I've been noticing my hands are too big to type on it comfortably and I do more "peck" typing with my fingers instead of resting my hands on it comfortably and typing normally. Over the course of 8 hours, 40 hours a week, sometimes more than that- my fingers legit feel cramped.

I can always hook up an external keyboard to it which is what I might do
+1   

6 days ago '15        #37
LegendLouch 
space
space
$4,689 | Props total: 17120 17120
n*gga gave y'all bum a*s n*ggas using them cheap a*s $300-600 windows laptops some self esteem

Mac book for life n*gga I rather die than open up the screen of a windows laptop

6 days ago '11        #38
Xyrax 
space
space
$3,281 | Props total: 6146 6146
 mikejuheard said
So you rather Drive a Hyundai which is windows

Then a Lambo which is Apple
This really explains why some people buy Apple sh*t though.

Take note. These n*ggas think they "driving lambos" when they buy this sh*t.
+6   

6 days ago '04        #39
cuzjuan 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 3335 3335
if ur down for a closed eco system and basically use out the box then like an iphone a mac is for you. if you like to customize use warez and tinker plus have unlimited supply of hardware and software support than windows is the no brainers....

oh yeah if you dont have the money to buy something u can buy for half price just cause of this prestige reputation apple has than pc is for u
+3   

6 days ago '10        #40
Like Kobe 
space
space
space
$2,975 | Props total: 1697 1697
i'll quit macs when i can find a better trackpad

it's great being able to do anything on your laptop without a mouse
+2   

6 days ago '05        #41
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,291 | Props total: 6278 6278
 acefresh said
I always buy preowned with a warranty. Still rockin a 2011 17Ē MacBook Pro maxed out. Gets a lil hot sometimes but other than that, flawless. And seamless integration of notes, emails, messaging with iPhone. Couldnít ask for more

Oh and the 3 finger tap on the trackpad to quickly lookup definitions of words alone outweighs anything windows could offer me. Itís those little things that go a long way.

Multiple desktops simultaneously, switching between them with a swipe, hot corners...the productivity and workflow is simply unmatched.

Windows 10 is cool, much better than anything theyíve ever dropped but

edit: upon actually watching the video, it sounds like windows and/or lenovo cut a check for the homie.
2012 MacBook Pro maxed out here. And yea everything you said. Got a problem with the new sh*t, find an old one. Theyíre still better than any other brand laptop.
+4   

6 days ago '05        #42
mikesaimname 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,660 | Props total: 227 227
who actually still thinks apple is the tops at anything after like 2015?

6 days ago '17        #43
Blocka Blocka 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$477 | Props total: 1672 1672
 BluRevolver said
early 2011 MBP 13" still running like a pro.

gonna be getting a ssd to swap out the hdd and also gonna add more ram, at 8gb right now.

love this laptop
Just did this to my 2012 Mac books itís running flawless right now and I will probably just added another 7 years of life to it
+2   

6 days ago '15        #44
Tobinmont 
space
space
$4,095 | Props total: 9805 9805
 FukHowYouFeel said
I switched to the iPad Pro with the keyboard case few months back...

I needed a new laptop and I loved my MacBook Air but it just...Killed me to buy another one for some reason.

I bought the iPad Pro which is really fun to use with the Apple Pencil stylus. The keyboard on the case is maybe the best keyboard I ever used. I'm basically running a new Mac Mini as a server (I have 12TB drive attached with all my sh*t) and I access it remotely like a server if I need to. And if I'm working at a desk, I use that as a desktop obviously.

Apple laptops definitely need to step it up for what you pay for, but I can't say enough about their current tablets and desktops. Great products.

The Mini has been the only device that I've been able to get even close to my max internet speed with.

[pic - click to view]

sh*t runs so smooth, and I'm even getting around 700 or so on wifi on the tablet too with a decent RAM load.
Dope post. Been contemplating replacing my laptop. This was informative. Iím copying ur moves. Props

6 days ago '05        #45
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
 acefresh said
word i copped my 17" macbook from this ebay store that maxes these things out...16GB ram, 1TB SSD/HD Hybrid drive, i7 processor...spent about a G....i do everything on it. Music production, video editing, photoshop, you name it. the only thing it gets hot during is rendering videos.

i'll be damned if i spend two racks at the apple store
Right?!?! I got mine the same way. $550. That sh*t was over 3 racks new. Foh. I will say If I spent that I prob wouldnít be mad. This thing is bulletproof.
+1   

6 days ago '12        #46
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 32706 32706
 Daddy Black said
Right?!?! I got mine the same way. $550. That sh*t was over 3 racks new. Foh. I will say If I spent that I prob wouldnít be mad. This thing is bulletproof.
if i'm spending 2-3 racks on a computer its gonna be one of those Mac Pro's with the octa core processor n all that. multiple monitors...and it's gonna be a part of a complete studio. and i gotta be able to recoup that wit the work within 1-2 projects. sh*t gotta be proportionate
+1   

6 days ago '15        #47
Tobinmont 
space
space
$4,095 | Props total: 9805 9805
 FukHowYouFeel said
I switched to the iPad Pro with the keyboard case few months back...

I needed a new laptop and I loved my MacBook Air but it just...Killed me to buy another one for some reason.

I bought the iPad Pro which is really fun to use with the Apple Pencil stylus. The keyboard on the case is maybe the best keyboard I ever used. I'm basically running a new Mac Mini as a server (I have 12TB drive attached with all my sh*t) and I access it remotely like a server if I need to. And if I'm working at a desk, I use that as a desktop obviously.

Apple laptops definitely need to step it up for what you pay for, but I can't say enough about their current tablets and desktops. Great products.

The Mini has been the only device that I've been able to get even close to my max internet speed with.

[pic - click to view]

sh*t runs so smooth, and I'm even getting around 700 or so on wifi on the tablet too with a decent RAM load.
Dope post. Been contemplating replacing my laptop. This was informative. Iím copying ur moves. Props
+1   

6 days ago '16        #48
rooseveltdunn 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$289 | Props total: 1688 1688
 AllWins said
Not clicking, donít care. Came in to say my 2012 MacBook still runs great. Would love go hear about peopleís 2012 windows laptop thatís still working like new
I know several people with old Dell XPS laptops and some HPs that are still happy with their computers...

6 days ago '05        #49
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
 acefresh said
if i'm spending 2-3 racks on a computer its gonna be one of those Mac Pro's with the octa core processor n all that. multiple monitors...and it's gonna be a part of a complete studio. and i gotta be able to recoup that wit the work within 1-2 projects. sh*t gotta be proportionate
sh*ts more than three racks playa. Try 10 racks for that setup you describing. sh*ts not cheap. Might be able to get a used setup a couple years old for like 5-6k. But you def not getting that for no 2-3 racks right now, maybe when itís a couple more years older.
+3   

6 days ago '05        #50
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
 rooseveltdunn said
I know several people with old Dell XPS laptops and some HPs that are still happy with their computers...
Those are the exception though. I know about those HP probooks, they just as durable as the old MacBooks. The XPS ones were built heavy duty too. But all the other regular sh*t thatís not those or the thinkpads, garbage. Some of the dell desktops are very good too, dimensions and optiplex from 2003-2007 still very good. I have a 2005 dimension with windows 7. sh*t still work good. But thatís not every computer. Most windows things are crap.

Home      

most viewed right now
+84online now  46
Video inside Damnnn! That ass!......... Youtube Bikini Haul Try-ons appreciation
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-116online now  35
She's built for S*x...Its all she has to offer
115 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  34
NBA 10 Years Later: 2009 NBA Re-Draft; The Way It Should Have Been