directtv hikes its victims extortion fees $10 a month smh

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 days ago '09        #1
614 page views
11 comments

messy marv stan 5195 heat pts5195
space
space
$70,286 | Props total: 114157 114157
directtv hikes its victims extortion fees $10 a month smh

visit this link https://stopthecap.com/20 .. -more-a-month/

AT&T’s merger with Time Warner (Entertainment) is now complete, and despite repeated promises to antitrust regulators AT&T would not use consolidation as an excuse to raise rates, the company is reportedly doing exactly that on its DirecTV Now online streaming service.

According to a report by Cord Cutters News, most current subscribers will be formally notified this week their rates are going up $10 a month and new customers will be offered only two choices for DirecTV Now packages going forward — a slimmed down Plus package of 40 channels and HBO for $50 a month and a slightly larger Max package with 50 channels bundled with HBO and Cinemax for $70 a month. Both represent fewer channels for more money.

News about big changes for AT&T’s streaming services were first announced by AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson in late 2018, telling investors he planned to wring more profit out of DirecTV Now by raising rates and slimming down the number of channels in the remaining packages.

Current customers can keep their current packages indefinitely, but they will pay more starting in April. The $10 rate increase comes on the heels of a $5 rate increase in the summer of 2018, and AT&T has made it clear more price hikes are forthcoming as needed image

AT&T also told Cord Cutters News that DirecTV’s satellite service will soon debut on its own streaming platform, but it won’t come discounted or cheap:

65 channel DirecTV package: $93/month
85 channel DirecTV package: $110/month
105 channel DirecTV package: $124/month
125 channel DirecTV package: $135/month

AT&T hopes its simplified menu of offerings for DirecTV Now will prove attractive to subscribers, in part because both packages bundle either AT&T-owned HBO or HBO and Cinemax. But subscribers are also likely to notice the dramatically smaller package of cable channels, now missing AMC, Viacom and Discovery-owned networks. They are also likely to be confused by the forthcoming introduction of DirecTV satellite streaming packages, which will be marketed separately from DirecTV Now. AT&T plans to eventually mothball its satellite fleet and move DirecTV entirely to an internet streaming platform, but will take several years before switching off the last satellite

Q. Will current customers be grandfathered?

A. AT&T plans to tell current customers they can keep their current packages as long as they do not make changes to their account (or cancel), but effective April 12, 2019, rates will increase $10 a month for those subscribed to: Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, and Gotta Have It.

Q. What are the biggest differences between the old and new packages?

A. You are getting fewer channels for more money from the new Plus and Max package tiers. DirecTV Now is stripping out popular cable networks from AMC, Discovery-Scripps, and Viacom from the new packages, but bundles HBO in the new Plus package and both HBO and Cinemax in the new Max package. An unofficial new channel lineup of both new packages can be found here.

Q. Why are they raising rates like this?

A. AT&T shareholders have been increasingly critical about the company’s 2015 acquisition of DirecTV. Executives sold Wall Street on the acquisition on the theory that acquiring the country’s largest cable TV programming distributor with 21+ million customers would deliver AT&T’s much smaller U-verse TV (with 4-5 million customers) dramatically better volume discounts on cable TV programming. More importantly, it would help AT&T become a powerhouse in video entertainment and cut through the red tape of getting that programming on AT&T’s mobile products. If you are a cable network’s biggest customer, it helps in negotiations seeking streaming and platform distribution rights

Q. What does AT&T risk doing this?

A. Hundreds of thousands of DirecTV Now subscribers are likely to cancel service as a result of this rate increase, which will leave DirecTV Now at a higher price than many of its competitors. AT&T’s loss will likely deliver a sudden spike of new customer signups for YouTube TV and Hulu Live TV, which are the closest equivalents. Other services like Philo, Vue, and even Sling TV are also likely to grab new customers, albeit in smaller numbers.

AT&T’s biggest threat may turn out to be cable operators — especially Charter Spectrum, which has launched its own response to cable TV cord cutting. Its slimmed down and pick-your-own-channels packages could be more attractive than other streaming services, and bundle all local channels
+2   

11 comments for "directtv hikes its victims extortion fees $10 a month smh"

5 days ago '17        #2
KobeThompson 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,112 | Props total: 13058 13058
Cable?

We off that

+7   

5 days ago '12        #3
Di Warlord 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,747 | Props total: 16539 16539
title made me lol
+1   

5 days ago '04        #4
RETURNOFTHEKING 15 heat pts15
space
space
$6,825 | Props total: 9647 9647
I’ve been with directvnow since it debuted

Currently on the go big plan that I will be grandfathered in.

Also my increase isn’t set to start until May 11th according to my email

$50 for cable and $45 for internet isn’t the worst

5 days ago '04        #5
regularjoe 62 heat pts62
space
space
$39,217 | Props total: 18635 18635
DirectTV is fu*king trash
+1   

5 days ago '11        #6
bridouble 239 heat pts239
space
space
$7,205 | Props total: 3749 3749
What’s the next best thing if you don’t have cable?
+2   

5 days ago '17        #7
adizme 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,924 | Props total: 1279 1279
I have DirecTV satellite and despite how much I hate them after being bought by at&t, they still have the best picture quality out there and that's what's important to me.
+1   

5 days ago '04        #8
Mr AirRic 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,440 | Props total: 4144 4144
ive tried all streaming platforms and this one is, by far, the worst of them all. not sure how they have the balls to make theirs more expensive than the other, much better platforms...

5 days ago '06        #9
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,469 | Props total: 1838 1838
got spectrum everything 140 for phone,internet,cable 5 rooms that includes showtime,hbo and dvr.Weak a*s Direct had me paying 120 with out espn

5 days ago '15        #10
donnyyy 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$2,093 | Props total: 5146 5146
65 channel DirecTV package: $93/month
85 channel DirecTV package: $110/month
105 channel DirecTV package: $124/month
125 channel DirecTV package: $135/month

Somehow, some Directv exec thinks this is a "fair deal"

[pic - click to view]

People who left aint neva comin back

Last edited by donnyyy; 03-13-2019 at 07:12 PM..
+3   

5 days ago '06        #11
Yung Dilla 1577 heat pts1577
space
space
$63,226 | Props total: 65122 65122
I ain't had cable in like two years. I had show box now I'm on Cyber flix tv, Netflix and Hulu with showtime, hbo app, Starz only when power is on. That does me just fine. 55 bucks a month for unlimited whatever I wanna watch. Suck my d*ck cable.

Cable been a scam I used to work for one I was in their it department but I knew how the canke plans worked.

Network stations rent us their channel so they can rent it out to you. Say fox they'll rent it out for 5 bucks a subscriber on your cable network. The cable network turns around and charges you 8 bucks plus taxes and surcharges which brings to 9.50.
Or if you're trying to get a bundle they charge you damn near 60 for each service, plus equipment "rental" charges for 5 bucks a box and modem. DVR features another 5 bucks per box they charge you for internet and the phone when it should just be internet because it's VoIP VoIP is "voice over ip" meaning you have internet you have phone capability. Yet they fu*k you and charge you for that too. Only phone I got is a cell fu*k the cable trap.

Last edited by Yung Dilla; 03-13-2019 at 09:16 PM..

5 days ago '11        #12
whouthinkitis 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,659 | Props total: 2674 2674
I cancelled my cable service w/Direct TV last spring once my contract expired. I tried Direct TV Now for 4 months I ended up going back to PS Vue b/c the service was so sh*tty. They got the nerve to raise prices on DTNow but have a service that has limited DVR, shows you can't watch, etc.,

AT&T called me one day wanting me to get Direct TV again I said nope. Hung up the phone.

Home      

most viewed right now
+108online now  282
Video inside Rumor: R&B Singer Avant Given Less Than Six Months To Live!!
240 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  38
Image(s) inside DJ Build a brawd
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-61online now  30
Image(s) inside Look how much Justin Bieber is enjoying his married life
136 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+49online now  25
Video inside Gillie Tells Story About Birdman Ordering "Shrimp Lamborghini" At A Res..
85 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy