Pixel 3 beats out Galaxy S10+ & IPhone XS is lowlight camera test

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '17        #1
572 page views
18 comments

Rule 336 98 heat pts98
space
space
$10,635 | Props total: 40866 40866
Pixel 3 beats out Galaxy S10+ & IPhone XS is lowlight camera test

The crazy part about this is that the Pixel only has one camera. Goes to show that optimization is more important than specs. So many great phones out right now for everyone. It's a great time for tech heads image
+4   

18 comments for "Pixel 3 beats out Galaxy S10+ & IPhone XS is lowlight camera test"

2 weeks ago '14        #2
UnclePhilOH16 169 heat pts169
space
space
$3,014 | Props total: 7997 7997
Yea it is crazy that the Pixel still has only one camera but its the best. I wonder when Google will cave and add two cameras
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
mr_underground|m 2153 heat pts2153
space
space
$24,542 | Props total: 37036 37036
thats because of how apple chose to work their algorithm. its well known iphones unusable without help in low light. but iphones are the best overall camera phones as they have the best pound for pound camera system. unbeatable video and really good pics. the iphone lifts the blacks so that more detail is captured in extreme contrast situations like a bridge photo where its dark at the bottom but very bright in the sky.

the iphone is trying to balance the shot so you can edit it later as its preserving data.

even in the OP photo, if you understand what the AI is trying to do then you will see that the iphone's pic has the best overall exposure and accuracy and its not trying to compensate specifically for the darkness which is why its not good for low light situations.

this is why professionals use iphone and ios for their work. iphone video/photo can be edited as its keeping detail and color. notice the black on the pizza sign. see how the iphone lifted the black so its faded while the others have a darker black? the iphone is trying to avoid clipping

2 weeks ago '14        #4
Falcons88 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,337 | Props total: 3297 3297
It
 mr_underground said
thats because of how apple chose to work their algorithm. its well known iphones unusable without help in low light. but iphones are the best overall camera phones as they have the best pound for pound camera system. unbeatable video and really good pics. the iphone lifts the blacks so that more detail is captured in extreme contrast situations like a bridge photo where its dark at the bottom but very bright in the sky.

the iphone is trying to balance the shot so you can edit it later as its preserving data.

even in the OP photo, if you understand what the AI is trying to do then you will see that the iphone's pic has the best overall exposure and accuracy and its not trying to compensate specifically for the darkness which is why its not good for low light situations.

this is why professionals use iphone and ios for their work. iphone video/photo can be edited as its keeping detail and color. notice the black on the pizza sign. see how the iphone lifted the black so its faded while the others have a darker black? the iphone is trying to avoid clipping
shut up dawg
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #5
postemupndunkit 6 heat pts
space
space
$6,848 | Props total: 22641 22641
what else is the pixel good at fam

im bout to get one to shoot some game film when im fu*king in the dark but other than that the s10 looks like its gonna slap the fu*k outta everything on the market
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #6
Jago 1125 heat pts1125
space
space
space
$4,052 | Props total: 7954 7954
 postemupndunkit said
what else is the pixel good at fam

im bout to get one to shoot some game film when im fu*king in the dark but other than that the s10 looks like its gonna slap the fu*k outta everything on the market
Night Sight doesn't work with video.

2 weeks ago '16        #7
postemupndunkit 6 heat pts
space
space
$6,848 | Props total: 22641 22641
 Jago said
Night Sight doesn't work with video.
dammit man!

2 weeks ago '15        #8
Hitek 
space
space
$405 | Props total: 795 795
 mr_underground said

I wouldn't call any photographer a professional if they're using an iPhone as their camera.
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
mr_underground|m 2153 heat pts2153
space
space
$24,542 | Props total: 37036 37036
 Hitek said
I wouldn't call any photographer a professional if they're using an iPhone as their camera.
feature films have used iphones as well as plenty of commercial and promo vids. this entire movie was shot on iphone:

[video - click to view]

and so was this:

[video - click to view]

this is a 100% iphone movie:

[video - click to view]

i'm not saying iphone is the main tool but in the production pipeline for a lot of companies and freelancers because it can blend with high end footage

[video - click to view]

the iphones camera placement is easy for 3rd party attachments. samsung and LG's camera placement make them unsuable for bigger productions and you can't kit them out.

Last edited by mr_underground; 03-01-2019 at 08:51 PM..

2 weeks ago '04        #10
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$13,087 | Props total: 254 254
I use the night shot alot, no camera comes close in that department
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #11
Burym3ag 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,081 | Props total: 984 984
the Google Pixel cameara AI is too good. I got a pixel 3xl and a note9. Note9 for videos, pixel for photos.

I even installed Google pixel camera on my note 9.. Samsung Camera + Google AI ..pretty good shots.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #12
Javon23 331 heat pts331
space
space
$51,650 | Props total: 22678 22678
Samsung has been slacking in the camera department since the Galaxy S8
+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #13
Game375 50 heat pts50
space
space
$14,217 | Props total: 1618 1618
mmm

2 weeks ago '11        #14
Dillah810 37 heat pts37
space
space
$1,734 | Props total: 2140 2140
Not surprised. Pixel is pretty much the undisputed king of smartphone cameras.
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #15
kkkid 195 heat pts195
space
space
$3,793 | Props total: 1094 1094
Just download the pixel camera apk for your galaxy. For apple you can just ...for
iPhone you could just...I'm out b.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
cuzjuan 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,329 | Props total: 3325 3325
 Rule 336 said

The crazy part about this is that the Pixel only has one camera. Goes to show that optimization is more important than specs. So many great phones out right now for everyone. It's a great time for tech heads
told yall google making the best phones... bought the 1st pixel xl and even though my battery is not as roboust as it once was... even on 3% if i put on power saving mode and it can still last the rest of the day from morning
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #17
cuzjuan 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,329 | Props total: 3325 3325
 Burym3ag said
the Google Pixel cameara AI is too good. I got a pixel 3xl and a note9. Note9 for videos, pixel for photos.

I even installed Google pixel camera on my note 9.. Samsung Camera + Google AI ..pretty good shots.
google phone is smart as fu*k, it organizes youre photos automatically, even knew it was me from my baby pics... even my nieghbours dogs it knows who or what it is....

point the camera at anything and it will 80% get it right and 90% come very close..
also google translate other languages. ive watched bootleg movies that had no eng subs and just held my phone up and paused the video and voila, knew what was going on in those spanish parts of that movie with josh brolin n benecio del toro mexico drug cartel flick, the 2nd one!

fu*king best phone and shoots video in 4k... ive done countless video a*signments that looked hella great with no visual processing just making sure the lighting is decent. but with the new phone seems the lighting no longer matters!
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #18
LegendaryLegend 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,356 | Props total: 10446 10446
My Pixel 2XL camera better than both too.

Apple need to catch up.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #19
rootbeer 
space
space
space
$11 | Props total: 22 22
I have a Pixel XL 2 and Galaxy S7 edge. Hands down the Pixel Camera is much better but with everything else the Galaxy wins.
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+108online now  273
Video inside Rumor: R&B Singer Avant Given Less Than Six Months To Live!!
240 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  37
Image(s) inside DJ Build a brawd
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-62online now  28
Image(s) inside Look how much Justin Bieber is enjoying his married life
134 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+49online now  25
Video inside Gillie Tells Story About Birdman Ordering "Shrimp Lamborghini" At A Res..
85 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy