Huawei's foldable phone looks better than Samsung?

most viewed right now
42 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 weeks ago '04        #51
deziking 116 heat pts116
space
space
$22,206 | Props total: 10796 10796
by 3rd gen it will be thin fold. It looks like pda rite now.

3 weeks ago '15        #52
donnyyy 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$2,095 | Props total: 5154 5154
 Kewop Decam said
I don't think the fold is a gimmick at all. This is the first major step to creating a truly portable computer where it's a phone, then you flip it and now it's a mini computer with some actual power.

It's going to be a game changer when everyone is walking around with their phone and computer and all they have to do is wirelessly link it to any monitor or TV available.
Nah its not a gimmick because we had folding phones before, they just werent smart phones

[pic - click to view]

All theyd probably have to do is make them thinner width wise and come up with something more creative like

[pic - click to view]

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '04        #53
biscuit 127 heat pts127
space
space
$26,077 | Props total: 18979 18979
 21 said
so you still use a flip phone then?
fu*k what I use, I can make calls and get messages and I'm good.

Not finna spend $2,600 on some bullsh*t whether I got it or not.
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #54
placez 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$364 | Props total: 263 263
 Boxedin101 said
Swear when I kept reading that Huawei had k*lled someone I kept thinking did they mean Hawaii or some sh*t
Think I'm getting altimerzs or something
"They" said an engineer committed suicide
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #55
Boxedin101 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,498 | Props total: 4532 4532
 placez said
"They" said an engineer committed suicide
Right
But what the fu*k is a Huawei
Sounds like an island in Hawaii

3 weeks ago '08        #56
Kewop Decam 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$18,607 | Props total: 16949 16949
 donnyyy said
Nah its not a gimmick because we had folding phones before, they just werent smart phones

[pic - click to view]

All theyd probably have to do is make them thinner width wise and come up with something more creative like

[pic - click to view]

this not the goal of folding phones. It's not to get a smaller phone, it's to get a larger screen. So you'll never see folding phones like this because it's the opposite of the end goal. Every folding phone will be like Samsung's in that you get a bigger screen.
+3   

3 weeks ago '15        #57
donnyyy 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$2,095 | Props total: 5154 5154
 Kewop Decam said
this not the goal of folding phones. It's not to get a smaller phone, it's to get a larger screen. So you'll never see folding phones like this because it's the opposite of the end goal. Every folding phone will be like Samsung's in that you get a bigger screen.
Well this is a goal of Motorola who were pretty much the fold phone king at one point

Maybe the others are going the tablet route, but its more than one way to do it.

3 weeks ago '08        #58
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,809 | Props total: 7387 7387
 Y.G. said
That sh*t looks like a cheap Fisher Price toy.

That being said, the outer-folding design looks better but the inner-folding design is more practical. The outer-design will always be prone to scratches. And that crease is horrendous. The being said, if Samsung can increase the screen size of the phone mode and get rid of the notch in tablet mode, I'd think it'd have the perfect design. But these are 1st-gen products so we'll have to wait for them to be refined.
Glad someone noticed that

Apparently Huawei stole data from Sammy when creating their own version, and if we take account on history repeating itself the faulty capacitor debacle of the eary 2000s will happen again

That crease is ridiculously disgusting The folding mechanism on the galaxy and the polymer coated display is theoretically meant to last 100,000+ times before showing signs of wear

Huawei’s cheapo version is a mere bend (as opposed to fold) which yields that loose-skin appearence of the bending zone, sh*t won’t last

Last edited by flav; 02-25-2019 at 07:26 PM..
+2   

3 weeks ago '10        #59
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,302 | Props total: 10967 10967
They need to add a pen to the Fold and i'd be sold at $1500. Also increase the screen size on the outer screen
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #60
key2007 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,237 | Props total: 1674 1674
Just wait till Apple refines the technology, and they aren't running on glitchy a*s Samsung OS.

3 weeks ago '04        #61
x Tha Arkitek x 89 heat pts89
space
space
$20,249 | Props total: 10633 10633
Reveal video is dope, reminds me of the old Microsoft Surface reveals.

[video - click to view]

I_GOT_DAT_PIFF said
This sh*t look mad cheap, but how come they figured out the full front size screen and samsung got the fisher price screen on the front
 ICONIC said
I like this one better just because the display is much bigger while closed
 EZ Green said
the Huawei is like 2 generations ahead of the Samsung, looks wise
All of this
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #62
Burym3ag 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,081 | Props total: 984 984
 key2007 said
Just wait till Apple refines the technology, and they aren't running on glitchy a*s Samsung OS.
you probably own a iphone 5s and think android is laggy still.

3 weeks ago '15        #63
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$752 | Props total: 795 795

[video - click to view]

the outer fold is much better, like someone said (not sure which one of his accounts he used), but closed/folded looks HORRIBLE when the display is on. they just wanted to rush something out to have something for the initial launch of true "phablets" because they knew other companies were ready with their own. and to make fun of other companies using notches... cmon.

i dont care who makes it, i just want to see innovation. this is 75% done at best.

it looks like this also has a crease down the middle...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

i mean, the phone folds. depending on which way, i would expect a crease or extra skin.

Last edited by abcxyz; 02-26-2019 at 04:50 PM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #64
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,717 | Props total: 19561 19561
 abcxyz said
the outer fold is much better, like someone said (not sure which one of his accounts he used)
This fockin loser swears I have multiple accounts yet is on his second account.

Which account is my 2nd Douglas? I'll wait.

Dusty weird boy that likes to say n*gga. Dumbass types the same exact way, complains about the same exact sh*t, lives in the same exact bumfock town yet expects to believe he's not Douglas.

Sure, Doug, sure.

3 weeks ago '07        #65
key2007 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,237 | Props total: 1674 1674
 Burym3ag said
you probably own a iphone 5s and think android is laggy still.
That made no sense.

3 weeks ago '15        #66
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said
This fockin loser swears I have multiple accounts yet is on his second account.

Which account is my 2nd Douglas? I'll wait.

Dusty weird boy that likes to say n*gga. Dumbass types the same exact way, complains about the same exact sh*t, lives in the same exact bumfock town yet expects to believe he's not Douglas.

Sure, Doug, sure.
types messages on boxden so i must be someone else i know for a fact you have multiple accounts if were going by that logic. look at sh*t you talk about and then look who makes a thread about it right after, yet had no part in the conversation. its obvious, colton.

its past your bed time buddy. dont make susan take another beating because of you.

and there are more than a handful of people that live in the pittsburgh area on here. guess they all must be me.

3 weeks ago '05        #67
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 abcxyz said
types messages on boxden so i must be someone else i know for a fact you have multiple accounts if were going by that logic. look at sh*t you talk about and then look who makes a thread about it right after, yet had no part in the conversation. its obvious, colton.

its past your bed time buddy. dont make susan take another beating because of you.

and there are more than a handful of people that live in the pittsburgh area on here. guess they all must be me.
If it's obvious Douglas, name the account. I'll wait.

This mayo-crusted retard really expects us to believe that there's multiple white people, on Boxden, that hate Samsung, living in bumfock West Mifflin, that also accuse black people of being white.

Don't you have more dinning room tables to build? Those Mifflin gigs must not be keeping you busy these days.

3 weeks ago '15        #68
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said
If it's obvious Douglas, name the account. I'll wait.

This mayo-crusted retard really expects us to believe that there's multiple white people, on Boxden, that hate Samsung, living in bumfock West Mifflin, that also accuse black people of being white.

Don't you have more dinning room tables to build? Those Mifflin gigs must not be keeping you busy these days.
im prettttttty sure you said other dude lived in mckees rocks..... thats on the complete other side of the city. and west mifflin/surrounding pittsburgh cities are hardly rural, let alone bumfu*k... this all coming from someone who lives in a place people would definitely consider an incestuous bum fu*king rural state: missouri. havent built any dining room tables, did put up a new fan in the kitchen today tho. some new sconces on the walls, changed out every light bulb, new outlets and switches everywhere also. one day when you get off the teet and move out of mommy and daddys you can try big boy things too instead of trying to be the trolliest troll with nearly 50,000 posts on your favorite "hip hop forum".

if you frequent the tech section, and cant clearly see what @ other account is, youre fu*king retarded.

Last edited by abcxyz; 02-27-2019 at 08:19 PM..

3 weeks ago '05        #69
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 abcxyz said
im prettttttty sure you said other dude lived in mckees rocks..... thats on the complete other side of the city. and west mifflin/surrounding pittsburgh cities are hardly rural, let alone bumfu*k... this all coming from someone who lives in a place people would definitely consider an incestuous bum fu*king rural state: missouri. havent built any dining room tables, did put up a new fan in the kitchen today tho. some new sconces on the walls, changed out every light bulb, new outlets and switches everywhere also. one day when you get off the teet and move out of mommy and daddys you can try big boy things too instead of trying to be the trolliest troll with nearly 50,000 posts on your favorite "hip hop forum".

if you frequent the tech section, and cant clearly see what @ other account is, youre fu*king retarded.
This post screams "written by Little Douglas"

In all his mayo-crusted fury, he still can't name this alleged alias.

This white man has been accusing black men of being white and having aliases on a hip-hop forum for years. You need help Douglas. Maybe get some more hours at the factory building more living room furniture.

3 weeks ago '04        #70
Mike T 172 heat pts172
space
space
$16,407 | Props total: 30200 30200
 rasheedwallace said
whoever buys these chinese spy phones is a damn fool

stay woke
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #71
991 36 heat pts36
space
space
$7,170 | Props total: 3994 3994
Screw a fold. Give me a slide out keyboard (yes I said it), a beast battery, decent screen and I'm good.

2 weeks ago '07        #72
biged79 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 884 884
 bigkilla said
I'm not going to lie... these companies like Samsung and Huawei are leaving Apple in the dust in terms of innovation...

but personally speaking I give no fu*ks about about a foldable phone.. I think this sh*t is a gimmick and will disappear down the line but I do think this is a step in the right direction to something bigger.
Apple has never truly innovated anything though. And I'm a apple head all day. They take the latest tech, tweak it, make it clean and really user friendly and sell it. That's all. Jobs was a visionary at it and could make you think they just came up with something groundbreaking when they really haven't. That was his talent. But the current roster sucks at it.

Wait until they improve the tech, and apple will follow suit (maybe) and it will be a "groundbreaking" device.

Just my 2 cents.

1 week ago '04        #73
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,146 | Props total: 530 530
 biged79 said
Apple has never truly innovated anything though. And I'm a apple head all day. They take the latest tech, tweak it, make it clean and really user friendly and sell it. That's all. Jobs was a visionary at it and could make you think they just came up with something groundbreaking when they really haven't. That was his talent. But the current roster sucks at it.

Wait until they improve the tech, and apple will follow suit (maybe) and it will be a "groundbreaking" device.

Just my 2 cents.

They really did push smart phones to the mainstream by dumbing them down. They also indirectly k*lled off unlimited data plans. On upside it forced others to try do to better.
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+233online now  42
Candice Parker.. You had a good run... “Boxden’s HBCU Athelete of the Year!”
125 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+95online now  27
The RATCHETS in Miami Beach was CUTTING UP for Spring Break 2019.
262 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+28online now  25
Image(s) inside Shorty from tory lanez video
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+96online now  18
Video inside 6'4" Amazonian Beach Volleyball Player From California