I'm O-ficially done with high priced phones!

most viewed right now
46 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 months ago '05        #26
old head 175 heat pts175
space
space
$19,626 | Props total: 19245 19245
half of these phones don't even fully work in the US, and some of them aren't even ALLOWED in the US

yall have at it though

dont come back on here crying when all your data has been sold overseas. n*ggaz tried to warn you

6 months ago '04        #27
mr_underground|m 2153 heat pts2153
space
space
$24,544 | Props total: 37040 37040
xiaomi is a huge company with a lot of support, thats a safe purchase
+4   

6 months ago '17        #28
justin747 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,075 | Props total: 52929 52929
 acefresh said
I enjoy being able to type with actual buttons, esp with long emails n sh*t. With the priv I get the option of both. And each key on the keyboard can be programmed to 2 different shortcuts, long press and short press. So if I'm driving I can press Y on the keyboard for YouTube, T for tidal, etc without even lookin at the screen.

And I really don't fu*k wit apple and their strategy to make people dependent on their ecosystem. So I avoid iPhone when I can. But I'd gladly take an iPhone over a Samsung or any other android slate
If typing is high priority then you're gonna be disappointed as fu*k typing on an iPhone. Worst keyboard I've ever used on any device. It's like the sh*t never learns any new words or your typing habits. The keyboard makes the same mistakes on day 1000 as it did on day 1

Of you wanna get over physical keyboards, try SwiftKey without the swipe texting. Once it learns your habits you can damn near type without looking. I prefer to type long emails with SwiftKey more than I do with a full laptop and keyboard.
+1   

6 months ago '17        #29
dubsax 13 heat pts13
space
space
$8,513 | Props total: 27041 27041
 LGK said
how tf would a chinese banker have access to my unlocked phone in another country on a american 3rd party network, with a VPN?
Easy.
the keylogger is baked into the firmware and records before it is encrypted and transmitted. Then uses updates or forced shutdowns to create a dump file that has all the info of app statistics and keylogging info that gets stored on a server.

By baking it into the firmware changing the OS does nothing.
With any of these phones its best to flash the firmware, but some install safeguards that auto-brick the phone.

Best practice have more than one banking account at different banks.
One for online that the balance never exceeds $1200 and if not actively using maintains the minimum to keep active. And another that never sees online activity of any kind and dont link the two for transferring money, use ATM's
+3   

6 months ago '09        #30
TriniSoldier 71 heat pts71
space
space
$61,697 | Props total: 58793 58793
there's always been androids at every price point. if you can't handle the note life then you still got options
+1   

6 months ago '16        #31
Stables08 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,852 | Props total: 13026 13026
Let me know when they drop a Verizon cdma version

6 months ago '06        #32
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,961 | Props total: 1620 1620
 86'd said
I dont know the specific logistics of course but if you dont think them chinese phones arent uploading your info back to them, youll be in for a big surprise

dont take my word for it though. Just go get yourself a budget chinese smartphone and have a field day bruh.

I dont know the specific logistics of course

exactly. you dont know tho playa.

Major AMERICAN companies are holding hands with a lot of major communications organizations (fe deral and private companies). and to inform you there are 3 ways a company can compromise you...

Hardware
Software
Service

right now if i go out on a limb and cop an overseas phone the only parts that'll be comp
d is my hardware as i would unlock and use a 3rd party american service and i'd most likely scrap the OS. which leaves only the hardware to be possibly tampered with.

put 1 and 2 together.
+3   

6 months ago '17        #33
Lazy 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,144 | Props total: 7251 7251
 86'd said
Youll save some money, but kiss security goodbye

I don’t trust none of these budget Chinese phones, and you shouldn’t either
No civilian grade phone is secure
+5   

6 months ago '06        #34
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,961 | Props total: 1620 1620
 dubsax said
Easy.
the keylogger is baked into the firmware and records before it is encrypted and transmitted. Then uses updates or forced shutdowns to create a dump file that has all the info of app statistics and keylogging info that gets stored on a server.

By baking it into the firmware changing the OS does nothing.
With any of these phones its best to flash the firmware, but some install safeguards that auto-brick the phone.

Best practice have more than one banking account at different banks.
One for online that the balance never exceeds $1200 and if not actively using maintains the minimum to keep active. And another that never sees online activity of any kind and dont link the two for transferring money, use ATM's
i'll have to research that process.

look at yo off the grid, head a*s lol
+1   

6 months ago '07        #35
H00DS7AR 
space
space
$422 | Props total: 118 118
 NamiK909 said
Any other suggestions for budget phones?

I looked up that Xiaomi Pocophone F1 but it only gets 3G in the US
Look into the OnePlus. I had the OnePlus 5, gave it to my mom when the OnePlus 6 came out and been rocking with the 6 ever since. They're about to drop the 6T in a couple months...
+3   

6 months ago '18        #36
Pot Astronaut 
space
space
$157 | Props total: 466 466
You on the right path - I work in IT, we got this asian cat who works in Compliance who stays copping some $200 overseas phone of Amazon that runs better than whatever I have at the time (Galaxy S9, Google Pixel 2).
+3   

6 months ago '05        #37
old head 175 heat pts175
space
space
$19,626 | Props total: 19245 19245
 LGK said

exactly. you dont know tho playa.

Major AMERICAN companies are holding hands with a lot of major communications organizations (fe deral and private companies). and to inform you there are 3 ways a company can compromise you...

Hardware
Software
Service

right now if i go out on a limb and cop an overseas phone the only parts that'll be comp
d is my hardware as i would unlock and use a 3rd party american service and i'd most likely scrap the OS. which leaves only the hardware to be possibly tampered with.

put 1 and 2 together.
but why? Why waste ALL of that time and effort....just to save a little money

half of the phones dont even fully work in the US anyway

and the other half are BANNED. why do you think that is?

+1   

6 months ago '15        #38
Repo Raf 
space
space
space
$315 | Props total: 629 629
Ive been on iOS for a long time but I dont like the design of the X so Im waiting for Oneplus to drop the 6T so I can make that switch
+1   

6 months ago '16        #39
Supreme God 121 heat pts121
space
space
$5,647 | Props total: 24228 24228
 O-FICIAL said
After years of rocking with Samsung, I've seen the light. These unlocked foreign phones are changing the game as far as higher end specs with a bargain basement-esque price. While they may not match up pound for pound with a Note 9, I'm good with paying 1/3rd to 1/4th the price of one.

H00DS7AR said
Look into the OnePlus. I had the OnePlus 5, gave it to my mom when the OnePlus 6 came out and been rocking with the 6 ever since. They're about to drop the 6T in a couple months...

I'm not gonna front like I'm tech phone savy, I'm not....this is the route I want to go, but how do I get these phones to run on my service, I have T mobile. How do I go away getting my sim to run on these phones?

6 months ago '04        #40
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,415 | Props total: 1325 1325
 ma chis mo said
If it wasn't for my wife wanting to FaceTime all damn day I'd be on one of these Android phones myself.
Just tell her to use Skype and to give you your pants backs.
+5   

6 months ago '13        #41
EZ Green 42 heat pts42
space
space
$12,309 | Props total: 26310 26310
 NamiK909 said
Any other suggestions for budget phones?

I looked up that Xiaomi Pocophone F1 but it only gets 3G in the US

[video - click to view]

Just copped this about a month ago for about 300, wanted something different.so far so good
+3   

6 months ago '15        #42
micropave 2058 heat pts2058
space
space
$8,332 | Props total: 65367 65367
Hmm funny every time a hot topic about salary comes up damn near half of BX claims to make over 100k

So half of BX better have a Note 9 /S9 or iPhone Xs/ Xs Max

+2   

6 months ago '17        #43
cabeast93 
space
space
space
$1,421 | Props total: 2048 2048
I treat phones now like a computer. Get what you want ,Note's for myself and Otter Box it. Then use it till it falls apart.

6 months ago '11        #44
CarlozRossi 59 heat pts59
space
space
$6,553 | Props total: 6029 6029
I would try one of these phones but I’m in too deep with Apple.

iPhone Apple Watch iPad Pro Apple TV 4K Mac book all synced up.

I’m at the point of no return
+3   

6 months ago '05        #45
lilwheezy 
space
space
$2,021 | Props total: 607 607
I have the pixel 2 xl and plan on having it for another year or 2 but the one plus phones intrigue me as well as the mi mix so there are definitely solid options out there. I also wish that essential would keep building phones as there updates are amazing and they started the whole notch trend

6 months ago '17        #46
cabeast93 
space
space
space
$1,421 | Props total: 2048 2048
Any of yall got an Asus phone? They look kinda coo

6 months ago '13        #47
ma chis mo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,920 | Props total: 3085 3085
 bw5011 said
Just tell her to use Skype and to give you your pants backs.

[pic - click to view]

+1   

6 months ago '13        #48
Ta388 
space
space
$5,324 | Props total: 3689 3689
 ma chis mo said
If it wasn't for my wife wanting to FaceTime all damn day I'd be on one of these Android phones myself.
Facts

6 months ago '13        #49
ma chis mo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,920 | Props total: 3085 3085
 Supreme God said
I'm not gonna front like I'm tech phone savy, I'm not....this is the route I want to go, but how do I get these phones to run on my service, I have T mobile. How do I go away getting my sim to run on these phones?
Before you buy a phone make sure you do your research and see if it will run on T-Mobiles bands. One you've determined that all you need to do is either call or go in store to get your sim/register your device.
+2   

6 months ago '13        #50
Ta388 
space
space
$5,324 | Props total: 3689 3689
 Moon phase said
Still using the iPhone 6
Yea I’m on my 6S plus still. No need to upgrade
+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
+237online now  49
Candice Parker.. You had a good run... “Boxden’s HBCU Athelete of the Year!”
128 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+96online now  36
The RATCHETS in Miami Beach was CUTTING UP for Spring Break 2019.
268 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+28online now  33
Image(s) inside Shorty from tory lanez video
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+97online now  17
Video inside 6'4" Amazonian Beach Volleyball Player From California