most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #61
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,204 | Props total: 15740 15740
 J said:
Rookie or not, he was a lottery pick. And going just by raw numbers and whatever this guy uses to get his ratings, he's having the worst season of all time. It is what it is.

I don't think it's a knock on the player as much as it's just a knock on the season he's having.
this is just my opinion, but lottery picks aint the same as they use to be. Lottery picks these days consist of 18-19 yr olds and many of them will be development projects. Lottery dont hold the same weight as it did when it was 20-22 yr olds who had solid college careers. I dont really even watch NO like that so I couldnt speak on how he's playin, i just find it retarded that a rookie esp a rookie nowadays would even be in consideration.
 5 years ago '04        #62
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,677 | Props total: 785 785
Rivers is stinking it up...but he has been playing better of late. But his main problem is finishing at the rim which worries me. He struggled early in college with this as well...but he improved later in the season. Idk if he will improve but he can get to the rim at will, he just can't finish.
 5 years ago '12        #63
You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
space
$42,400 | Props total: 19889 19889
 J said:
Did you not click the link you fu*king retard? ESPN had him as #3.
oh yeah I'll take my L

rivals had him at #1

3 - 5 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 37% 217 (-11) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 88-75, Rank #61 | Aug 16: 395-308, Rank #44 | Aug 15: 901-538, Rank #23 | Aug 14: 7-3, Rank #244 | Aug 13: 133-80, Rank #40 *
 5 years ago '05        #64
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
I thought he seemed out of sorts ALOT of times...........at Duke.......so, no surprise here
 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM         #65
nharenuttha 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great fu*king post !
 5 years ago '04        #66
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 lboog1423 said:
so we talking about worse season EVER for a rook
for real

luv4music said:
always said he shoulda stayed in college
and he shoulda stayed. one big shot over North Carolina (and your pop's) name) dont mean that you're automatically going to be a good player.
 5 years ago '06        #67
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,617 | Props total: 8926 8926
U DUMB MOTHER fu*kERS NEED TO START WATCHING COLLEGE SPORTS LMAOOOOOOOOOO

n*gga WAS a.ss ON DUKE. CURRY LIL BRO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 5 years ago '10        #68
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,790 | Props total: 2885 2885
His speed & 1st step were always too slow in my opinion. Some of us dumped on all his inabilities last year in a few threads & spoke that this would happen...tho you want to see all brothers prosper, he is/was very over-rated & shouldve stayed in college at least another year.

He was getting exposed last year at the college level during winter & latter part of season...too many people live & die by the hype machine. His jumpshot needs a lot of work & really just his overall game. His biggest problem is his (lack-of) speed & or dexterity.
 12-27-2012, 11:22 AM         #69
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ his first step was elite though.
 5 years ago '10        #70
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
 Dee Grande said:
all i know is he better not make the rookie game over singler
Heat lakers and giants?
 5 years ago '08        #71
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 Chad09 said:
Yeah, cause the NBA is High School Ball. He sucks. Bust.

Skip Bayless was sucking him off on draft day, why not anymore?
Chill it's his first year. He should of never went to Duke or left after year 1.
 12-27-2012, 02:44 PM         #72
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thashyt said:
-Austin Rivers was the #1 player outta HS, Anthony Davis was projected to be the #1 college player (he's a center) - the knock on Rivers was that he could dominate HS as a 6'3 SG, but he was gonna have trouble in the L

-Josh McRoberts also WAS the #1 HS player, but he was a 6'6 white center. Obviously he wasnt expected to be a #1 pick.

Rivers needs to be in a sixth man role. They can't keep playin him minutes at the point. And he's obviously not gonna start at SG when/if Eric Gordon gets back. Rivers should ideally be a combo-guard sixth man on that team.

But it's crappy GM-ing in NO to draft a guy #10 who has a similar skill-set and plays the same position as your best player from the previous year. Maybe they thought they could trade him?

The Hornets REACHED when they drafted him, too. Horrible pick when you have Eric Gordon. Rivers couldn't even play point in college, so why the fu*k would u think he can in the NBA
 5 years ago '05        #73
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,404 | Props total: 679 679
n*gga never should have 1: went to duke and 2: came out after just one year... he'll be fine but it will take a few years...1st thing first he is NOT a PG and prolly never will be and he's worse than Steve Nash on d...

Rivers needs to just devote himself to becoming a defender he has the athleticsm to be a beast on defense but all he did in HS was score... Which he did show at Duke...
 5 years ago '04        #74
Cjjr72984 1 heat pts
space
space
$218 | Props total: 71 71
Being that I'm from New Orleans and have watched almost all the Hornets game this season.....Rivers will be fine.

Granted he has struggled this season, but a rookie averaging 7 ppg isn't horrible. Once he starts making those floaters and wide open 3's he's been given....he'll flourish. I honestly predict by his 3rd season he'll be a 15ppg, 7 asg kind of player
 5 years ago '10        #75
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
dude sucks
 5 years ago '10        #76
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,790 | Props total: 2885 2885
 @RG3 said:
^^^ his first step was elite though.
Circa what...high school? He has remedial speed.

Few will ever understand rankings & being a 'prospect' should be taking as a grain of salt. There are so many things like Work Ethic for example that should be held at higher value.
 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM         #77
POISENCTRLCC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dumbass shoulda stayed at duke...smh..that was my sg :(
 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM         #78
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ARosary said:
Circa what...high school? He has remedial speed.

Few will ever understand rankings & being a 'prospect' should be taking as a grain of salt. There are so many things like Work Ethic for example that should be held at higher value.
his first step has never been in question no one in college game could stay in front of him he got into the lane at WILL he just couldn't finish worth sh*t and was dominant only on one side. His first step though is there, if you ever watched him its very evident and im a UNC fan i hate the son of a bi*ch.
 5 years ago '12        #79
Cloud 420 85 heat pts85
space
space
$19,798 | Props total: 18425 18425
I'm going to bump this thread a few years from now when he is one of the coldest n*ggas in the league. Wait until he finds himself his whole career is going to look like his ballislifemixtape. And he gon be yall n*ggas favorite player.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy