most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Your Album Rating??
Classic!!! 58 35.15%
Dopeeee!!! 76 46.06%
Good.. 14 8.48%
Not Bad... 7 4.24%
Awful.. 10 6.06%
Voters: 165. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #61
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,744 | Props total: 159 159
I love it so far but I'm gonna give it a few more spins before I actually rate it. So far I would give it a 4/5.
 7 years ago '11        #62
Rishi P 
space
space
$739 | Props total: 49 49
Doe album gonna pik this up today
 7 years ago '04        #63
Scarfe 
space
space
space
$537 | Props total: 0 0
 Apostrophe said:
It's a good album no doubt about that but by no means is it as good as most of you are making it out to be. Most tracks were good, my main problem with it was that I just didn't think it flowed very well. Even though it was an album it felt more like a mixtape to me. A solid effort but not up to the level that I was expecting after so many years. 3/5 for me.
Didn't flow very well??! This album probably flows better than any album I've ever heard. The transistions between the songs and the way the concepts fit together. Sorry but I'm not buying that it didn't flow very well.
 7 years ago '05        #64
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
I voted dope.

I've been a Saigon fan since the first mixtape. So I been waiting for this s**t for a while.
We all know Saigon can rap and Just got bangers. That was a given.

The only thing that disappointed me was the tone. Damn near every track except a few made me feel like it was the end of the world. Sai used to be a little more witty and could have some fun some of the time, i.e Stocking Cap, Come Again, The Didundidunt Song...this joint was super duper serious. I guess Sai decided that's the type of music we need in these days and times.

I cant be mad at that and I'm definitely gonna cop. Preacher was the best track on the whole joint to me.

3.8 outta 5. Pretty sure overtime it will move up to 4 outta 5.
 7 years ago '04        #65
web3x 
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 104 104
It's a good album and I also believe a good start. IMO the problem for the fans who have been waiting for this is we already feel like we know the cat. He still has to introduce himself to A LOT OF PEOPLE. Hopefully the album will catch a few new listeners and he can build a real following.

We've been spoiled in today's hip-hop with overpowering beats and average artists. I feel Saigon has the potential to be a great artist, so a lackluster start is okay. EX: 2Pac, Outkast, Busta, etc. These artists didn't explode out of the gate but we consider them some of the best.
 7 years ago '07        #66
PowerBar Ernie 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,901 | Props total: 1244 1244
 Block215 said:
I dont think that plays a lot into it b/c the actual music sucks, hyped or not hyped, its just what it is
Nah the music does not suck. U trippin now.
 7 years ago '08        #67
Block215 5 heat pts
space
space
$449 | Props total: 53 53
did i d/l a diff album then the rest of u guys?
 7 years ago '05        #68
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,204 | Props total: 11808 11808
 deeznutz said:
no but just blaze said he will drop the OG version in CDQ as soon as the album hits stores time permitted.

He shud drop a CDQ of Saigon Meets Just Blaze too unless "Eyeball" was it
 7 years ago '04        #69
TheAnswer1313 
space
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 93 93
It's Alright is soooooooo good.
 02-20-2011, 09:52 AM         #70
meeika126  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Luvvin the Its Alright Track!!
 7 years ago '08        #71
thewallochamp 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,805 | Props total: 136 136
finally found a copy and after a few listens this album is dope as hell. im feeling the way the album flows with the radio and alarm clock sports. only two things i would complain about is the mixing with the vocals being too low and the last track just sounds weird like it isnt done or something.
 7 years ago '11        #72
NolaSwag 1 heat pts
space
space
$558 | Props total: 2 2
wheres the link?
 7 years ago '06        #73
Vdot88 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,620 | Props total: 2 2

[pic - click to view]

this album is great..production and lyrics were on point..only a couple of skippable tracks....will be purchased:ya:

2 of my favorite tracks:

[video - click to view]

"try and put in his head the more Bloods thats on the block, the more blood is gon' shed
check, check what he said, he said "Out here dodging the mortuary is not out of the ordinary"
Our people are so calm that it's scary, so when we in a war we aint worried
like a young G in the street is how I wanna be buried
look shorty, you put it wrong - here go a Thinking Cap, now put it on
with that mentality you're as good as gone..lying there with the bystanders lookin' on
i ain't tryna cook your corn, i'm tryna put you on"

[video - click to view]

"to all the ladies havin' babies on they own
these n*ggas ain't s**t ma, for real yo you better off alone
if he ain't smart enough to know why he should stay
then what could he possibly teach a seed anyway?"

uplifting but not preachy with a lot of heart...:bravo:
 03-10-2011, 03:08 AM         #74
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i gave 4/5. only reason it wasnt 5/5 was production. yea its blaze, but this aint 'diamonds and mac 10s' just blaze. sht change.
 7 years ago '10        #75
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,222 | Props total: 564 564
 thewallochamp said:
finally found a copy and after a few listens this album is dope as hell. im feeling the way the album flows with the radio and alarm clock sports. only two things i would complain about is the mixing with the vocals being too low and the last track just sounds weird like it isnt done or something.
If by the last track you mean the one with Bun B, that's because the concept is that he is still dreaming and now he's on stage receiving an award and doing "Enemies" live....then the alarm clock goes off. If you already know that, sorry.
I agree with the vocals thing in some parts, Just seems to be doing that a little nowadays, the Just Blaze re-do of Joell Ortiz "Battle Cry" is the same. However, I can't front on the production itself. Just is really going for the epic feel and it works for me.
I will admit that on the first few spins I was underwhelmed by this album but for me alot of it had to do with the fact that I've been waiting a long time and basically this is a 2004/2005 album. Since that time albums from Lupe, Blu, Budden, Ortiz and others of his musical generation have come out with strong offerings. But I've had time to digest the album and compare it to its competition over the last decade and for me it stands up. Not the best but it holds its own.
 7 years ago '05        #76
gemberland2004 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 508 508
This is the greatest album ever fu*k what you heard
 7 years ago '07        #77
tonik 
space
space
$224 | Props total: 3 3
my fav album this year
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy