online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

‘The Color Purple’ Lost Warner Bros $40 Million

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

5 months ago '06        #101
itzadirtyworld 
Props total: 10765 10 K  Slaps total: 3194 3 K
 rifair said
No
Yes

Paper Genocide

Here is a clip of maybe someone with your liking of skin complexion breaking it down for you

5 months ago '17        #102
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x205 OP
Props total: 302446 302 K  Slaps total: 22665 22 K
 erickonasis said
yea i never really liked the original
emoji

this movie >>>>> all black movies from near that era

Saw this in the theaters and copped the blu ray
+1   

5 months ago '18        #103
mistersims 
Props total: 5884 5 K  Slaps total: 348 348
I think this movie would have been better as a Broadway play. Every time I was starting to get invested in the story, they started singing. Took me right out of it. I wish I knew it was a musical before I watched it.

5 months ago '17        #104
CJ Schwarz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x205 OP
Props total: 302446 302 K  Slaps total: 22665 22 K
 mistersims said
I think this movie would have been better as a Broadway play. Every time I was starting to get invested in the story, they started singing. Took me right out of it. I wish I knew it was a musical before I watched it.

5 months ago '13        #105
eazy253  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17195 17 K  Slaps total: 1241 1 K
tax write off.

5 months ago '14        #106
Alpallday 
Props total: 12275 12 K  Slaps total: 2256 2 K
These comments show how fu#kin brainwashed this country is
emoji

5 months ago '07        #107
MOTTAFOOKAH 
Props total: 9615 9 K  Slaps total: 1521 1 K
Not surprised at all… serves them right, no one wanted this stupid a$s sh1t
+1   

5 months ago '05        #108
lamarowns 
Props total: 11302 11 K  Slaps total: 2703 2 K
Taraj damn near blackballed herself, sh1tting on the movie before it even came out, mix that with the fact that it was written by a hardcore feminist who hates black men (like most of um) it was doomed to fail
+2   

5 months ago '07        #109
zynnlahh 
Props total: 5544 5 K  Slaps total: 685 685
 rifair said
It's a catch 22 because we don't want to support the works of an anti black male weirdo feminist but also Hollywood says if we don't show up and support a film they'll never throw that type of money at anything black again
A catch 22? Nobody needs to support this type of film. It does nothing for the community and a reboot wasn't needed at all. But like the tweet was saying, they need bullsh1t like this to exist on film for obvious reasons.

Black folks - African Americans specifically - in general, really like to support blatantly dumb sh1t. Like really put in the effort to smh.. The fact we have to play nice or else they won't "throw that type of money at anything black again" is pathetic.

5 months ago '13        #110
rifair 
Props total: 16630 16 K  Slaps total: 3816 3 K
 itzadirtyworld said
Yes

Paper Genocide

Here is a clip of maybe someone with your liking of skin complexion breaking it down for you

emoji

emoji
I'm not watching these

5 months ago '13        #111
rifair 
 zynnlahh said
A catch 22? Nobody needs to support this type of film. It does nothing for the community and a reboot wasn't needed at all. But like the tweet was saying, they need bullsh1t like this to exist on film for obvious reasons.

Black folks - African Americans specifically - in general, really like to support blatantly dumb sh1t. Like really put in the effort to smh.. The fact we have to play nice or else they won't "throw that type of money at anything black again" is pathetic.
"African Americans in general like to support blatantly dumb sh1t " but this movie flopped so what is the message you're trying to convey?
+1   

5 months ago '07        #112
zynnlahh 
 rifair said
"African Americans in general like to support blatantly dumb sh1t " but this movie flopped so what is the message you're trying to convey?
What does the movie flopping have to do with that lol?? Was it supposed to be an outright success because of that lol?

5 months ago '15        #113
BalmainReyes 
Props total: 8750 8 K  Slaps total: 591 591
 v3mp said
Nobody wants to see this type of bullsh1t anymore when we got things like the Creed trilogy, Black Panther, Spiderverse, Little Mermaid, Jordan Peele movies, etc.

emoji
This!

I’m ready to see more open-minded films and love the era that Jordan Peele and other black directors following in those footsteps are doing. For example, I LOVED Lovecraft Country because it was a step in a direction for black media that wasn’t afraid to be DIFFERENT. And of course, it got canceled.
+1   

5 months ago '05        #114
MadGam325 
Props total: 331 331  Slaps total: 78 78
 RedLight said
Although I fully agree with this I think it's also a nice little "gotcha bi#ch" magic trick...

He's the truth... a niche product only produces results within a niche market.

Hollywood knows that if they make a retro, all black film and they dump a lot of money behind it they know it's a loss from the get go not because it's black but because it's niche and targeted to a niche audience. So when it actually DOES fail they'll say "you see, sh1t fail, now we got a legitimate business excuse to not make black movies anymore and ya can't say sh1t" lol
You really think that a publicly traded company beholden to shareholders put $100 million into producing a film with the intent of it to fail just so they do not have to make films aimed at black audiences? Not throwing shade genuinely trying to see your ideology behind this.

5 months ago '05        #115
MadGam325 
 dakidjahsiah said
black trauma p0rn movies should be boycotted

enough of this sh1t

I wanna see $100 mill for a nat turner film, and I want a scene of him smashing and crushing white babies, which he did ..

Hollywood obsessed with slavery, let's be obsessed then. talk about everything
That movie already exists, “Birth of a nation”-Nate Parker’s version. Only reason it did not do well was because the white chick Nate and his screenwriting partner r@ped in college committed suicide. Press for the film nosedived upon release!

5 months ago '13        #116
rifair 
 zynnlahh said
What does the movie flopping have to do with that lol?? Was it supposed to be an outright success because of that lol?
Because you just said that African Americans like to support dumb sh1t but the dumb sh1t just flipped so again what are you referring to?

5 months ago '20        #117
UncleSpo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 52588 52 K  Slaps total: 20534 20 K
we never wanted to watch the first color purple

emoji

5 months ago '07        #118
zynnlahh 
 rifair said
Because you just said that African Americans like to support dumb sh1t but the dumb sh1t just flipped so again what are you referring to?
Are you telling yourself that by African Americans supporting dumb sh1t, the dumb sh1t is supposed to always be a success?
Tf?!?
Nothing I said had anything to do with the sh1t flopping or not. Just the ppl that choose to support the bullsh1t that does nothing for them and keeping the sh1t going. It's really not that difficult to understand..

Bruh, just say your African American a$s was offended by what was said and you wanna argue for argument sake smh..

I got no time for that bullsh1t btw..

Last edited by zynnlahh; 02-26-2024 at 12:48 PM..

5 months ago '07        #119
OVERLORD 
Props total: 43216 43 K  Slaps total: 11652 11 K
And cookie wants a raise?

5 months ago '23        #120
rickyrichr47 
Props total: 858 858  Slaps total: 87 87
Yet to see it

5 months ago '04        #121
fortune1586 
Props total: 464 464  Slaps total: 379 379
That Film just was not needed period let alone a fu#king musical. Tyler Perry and Oprah outta ideas

5 months ago '10        #122
RedLight 
Props total: 17248 17 K  Slaps total: 1469 1 K
 MadGam325 said
You really think that a publicly traded company beholden to shareholders put $100 million into producing a film with the intent of it to fail just so they do not have to make films aimed at black audiences? Not throwing shade genuinely trying to see your ideology behind this.
This is 'Murica my guy... we've seen worst lol.

5 months ago '18        #123
dakidjahsiah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 44393 44 K  Slaps total: 4893 4 K
 MadGam325 said
That movie already exists, “Birth of a nation”-Nate Parker’s version. Only reason it did not do well was because the white chick Nate and his screenwriting partner r@ped in college committed suicide. Press for the film nosedived upon release!
Did u watch it? what was the budget? did it have a scene with dead white babies ?
emoji

5 months ago '05        #124
MadGam325 
 dakidjahsiah said
Did u watch it? what was the budget? did it have a scene with dead white babies ?
emoji
No “thank you for putting me on, will check it out!” No instead did I see it, what was the budget etc! Lead a horse to water can’t make them drink. You can’t make this sh1t up!

5 months ago '13        #125
rifair 
 zynnlahh said
Are you telling yourself that by African Americans supporting dumb sh1t, the dumb sh1t is supposed to always be a success?
Tf?!?
Nothing I said had anything to do with the sh1t flopping or not. Just the ppl that choose to support the bullsh1t that does nothing for them and keeping the sh1t going. It's really not that difficult to understand..

Bruh, just say your African American a$s was offended by what was said and you wanna argue for argument sake smh..

I got no time for that bullsh1t btw..
You have poor reading comprehension skills and might be a ret@rd because your initial reply and continued replies make absolutely no sense

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
You are here at this event, cause Jada failed you.
64 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
props+516
Video inside U can butterfly your chicken drummies I was today years old.
76 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
props+724
Jul 14 - Footage of the shooter well before the shot!
250 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 14 - TIME magazine's new cover: Donald Trump survives shooting wit..
96 comments
1 day ago
@news