Jim Jackson: Larry Bird was not transformational player

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

5 days ago '16        #51
Screendoorservn 
space
space
$37 | Props total: 108 108
 tre0624 said
i will guarantee u the next generation will not who he is. He didn't win enough and was never a popular player. In Basketball u got to win for people to remember u

and dont take this as me saying Dirk was a bum cause he was a great player but i know people wont remember him

and nobody cares about a power forward or center who leads in 3pt shooting. i didn't even know that until u just told me

You have it all wrong my friend. We remember a lot of players that donít come from winning franchises. (Tmac, Vince carter, chuck etc...)

and you should care about big men who hit the 3. Look at todayís NBA, look how almost every team has a stretch 4/5 dirk started this era big man basketball.

5 days ago '18        #52
therealbkh 
space
space
space
$364 | Props total: 610 610
 Screendoorservn said
Dirk is the best 3pt shooting PF/C off all time.

5 days ago '16        #53
mlbnba2016 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,698 | Props total: 3346 3346
READ THIS ARTICLE, CLICK LINK!!!!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

5 days ago '18        #54
therealbkh 
space
space
space
$364 | Props total: 610 610
 That Guy Fly said
Magic is the only one you listed that qualifies. Not the rest
How you gonna say something stupid like that and one of those dudes has a whole damn shoe company from the things he did on that court. A human logo.
+1   

5 days ago '17        #55
GxFR 
space
space
$139 | Props total: 199 199
 tre0624 said
i will guarantee u the next generation will not who he is. He didn't win enough and was never a popular player. In Basketball u got to win for people to remember u

and dont take this as me saying Dirk was a bum cause he was a great player but i know people wont remember him

and nobody cares about a power forward or center who leads in 3pt shooting. i didn't even know that until u just told me
That's on u ...No disrespect but bruh, whats Durant? He ain't a 4? So ur sayin these tall jump shooters aint sh*t?
Believe, I wish the shooters stuck to shootin, n the Glove passed it off or handed it off to somebody like Shawn Kemp n bodied somebody. It ain't like that no more.

... " I know people that remember him? "

5 days ago '17        #56
TheLastNonEarth 92 heat pts92
space
space
$8,018 | Props total: 41141 41141
 That Guy Fly said
Magic is the only one you listed that qualifies. Not the rest

This was such a bad sports take that I thought it was from suavehooper. I had to look up to verify. Michael Jeffrey Jordan isn't a transformational plair, plair?

5 days ago '07        #57
tre0624 101 heat pts101
space
space
$20,094 | Props total: 10214 10214
 Screendoorservn said
You have it all wrong my friend. We remember a lot of players that donít come from winning franchises. (Tmac, Vince carter, chuck etc...)

and you should care about big men who hit the 3. Look at todayís NBA, look how almost every team has a stretch 4/5 dirk started this era big man basketball.
we remember them sure cause its our era. nobody will remember tmac in the next generation. Vince is remembered cause of those dunks. So thats a different reason

Barkley because he on tv every week

5 days ago '07        #58
tre0624 101 heat pts101
space
space
 GxFR said
That's on u ...No disrespect but bruh, whats Durant? He ain't a 4? So ur sayin these tall jump shooters aint sh*t?
Believe, I wish the shooters stuck to shootin, n the Glove passed it off or handed it off to somebody like Shawn Kemp n bodied somebody. It ain't like that no more.

... " I know people that remember him? "
read the first line. i never said i wont remember Dirk so its not on me. Im sayign the next generation of kids when they get our age will not know who Dirk Nowitski is but they will know people like jordan, shaq and Lebron

5 days ago '04        #59
TizOnly1 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$7,714 | Props total: 11810 11810
 tre0624 said

First of all, being "remembered" and being transformational are two different things. This generation of people are already downplaying Jordan so who cares what the next generation is going to think about players they're too lazy to do their history on?

Dirk's impact is ALREADY immeasurable. How many bum a.ss European players got drafted in the lottery to be "the next Dirk"? The very position of Stretch 4 came from Dirk. AD, KP, KAT.. these n*ggas aren't even allowed at the 3pt line if Dirk hadn't come first. The Dirk-step fadeaway is one of the s3xiest moves of all time, and ALL the top players use it now.

Dirk's stamp is solidified as fu*k, regardless of whether kids born in 2010 will know it.
+1   

5 days ago '07        #60
tre0624 101 heat pts101
space
space
 TizOnly1 said
First of all, being "remembered" and being transformational are two different things. This generation of people are already downplaying Jordan so who cares what the next generation is going to think about players they're too lazy to do their history on?

Dirk's impact is ALREADY immeasurable. How many bum a.ss European players got drafted in the lottery to be "the next Dirk"? The very position of Stretch 4 came from Dirk. AD, KP, KAT.. these n*ggas aren't even allowed at the 3pt line if Dirk hadn't come first. The Dirk-step fadeaway is one of the s3xiest moves of all time, and ALL the top players use it now.

Dirk's stamp is solidified as fu*k, regardless of whether kids born in 2010 will know it.
not to me. transformational means being remembered to me

but the next generation knows who michael jordan is. U cant name me a transformational player who isn't well known

5 days ago '17        #61
GxFR 
space
space
 tre0624 said
read the first line. i never said i wont remember Dirk so its not on me. Im sayign the next generation of kids when they get our age will not know who Dirk Nowitski is but they will know people like jordan, shaq and Lebron
I'll never compare timeless players like Bron, MJ n Shaq .... N we cant forget Kobe, to Dirk. Our generation there the cream of the crop, NBA mount rushmore.
I won't argue ur point at all, I know exactly what u mean.

5 days ago '15        #62
Flippa Huxtable 8 heat pts
space
space
$23,384 | Props total: 82526 82526
 tre0624 said
how can anybody consider Dirk transformational when i guarantee u 10years from now current fans wont even know who he is
Changing the way the position is played has nothing to do with popularity

5 days ago '16        #63
Screendoorservn 
space
space
 TizOnly1 said

This guy gets it.

I canít believe guy said heís not a winner. Like dirk didnít beat out the lebron lead heat and even swept the lakers on the way to those finals.

Dirk got 12 50+ win seasons.

5 days ago '17        #64
GxFR 
space
space
But .... Transformational n remembered is 2 diff things

5 days ago '04        #65
TizOnly1 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
 tre0624 said

but the next generation knows who michael jordan is. U cant name me a transformational player who isn't well known
Yeah that's not even close to true.

First of all, being remembered and being transformational aren't the same thing at all. You can say it's the same "to you", but there's a funny thing about words.. you don't get to just decide what they mean.

Second, there are all sorts of transformational people in all fields who people never even heard of. Some of the most transformational people in history are completely unknown to anybody BUT the people they influenced. What the public knows and cares about says nothing for what ACTUALLY takes place.

Third, in what world is Dirk not well known? Again.. he is the guy who opened the flood gates for Euros in NBA. You think there's a single player growing up in Europe that doesn't know Dirk? If you wanna be myopic about it and make it only about the US.. Dirk is an NBA and NBA Finals MVP. If you asked me to name all NBA MVPs off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure I could do it. So if n*ggas can't go back to the mid 2000s or at the very least back to 2011, who give a sh*t about their opinions?

5 days ago '16        #66
Screendoorservn 
space
space
 Flippa Huxtable said
Changing the way the position is played has nothing to do with popularity
Name one player thatís not popular thatís won MVP.

5 days ago '04        #67
TizOnly1 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
 GxFR said
I'll never compare timeless players like Bron, MJ n Shaq .... N we cant forget Kobe, to Dirk. Our generation there the cream of the crop, NBA mount rushmore.
I won't argue ur point at all, I know exactly what u mean.
I love Kobe, but what did he "transform"?

Dirk is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more transformational than Kobe. Dirk REALLY changed the game. He's gotta be Top 10 all time in terms of impact to the game.

Again, both in terms of the actual basketball.. he changed how players get to play. And in terms of the metagame, he changed WHO gets to play. He opened up an entire continent to the NBA. No, he wasn't the first European, but he's the one that TRANSFORMED the way Euros are perceived.

How is this even an argument?

5 days ago '15        #68
space
space
 tre0624 said

How can you make up your own definition just to fit your narrative

Y'all need help

5 days ago '15        #69
space
space
 Screendoorservn said
Name one player thatís not popular thatís won MVP.
I'm telling him being remembered in the same breath as mj, Kobe and lebron doesn't mean Dirk wasn't transformational

Being transformational is not a popularity contest

5 days ago '17        #70
GxFR 
space
space
 TizOnly1 said
I love Kobe, but what did he "transform"?

Dirk is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more transformational than Kobe. Dirk REALLY changed the game. He's gotta be Top 10 all time in terms of impact to the game.

Again, both in terms of the actual basketball.. he changed how players get to play. And in terms of the metagame, he changed WHO gets to play. He opened up an entire continent to the NBA. No, he wasn't the first European, but he's the one that TRANSFORMED the way Euros are perceived.

How is this even an argument?
It aint, I didn't know u were goin on world wide impact. I thought we were talkin about actual on the court. Dirk, I won't hold u was my favorite player till Bron came. Nash, Finley, Dirk ... All I wanted was for them to knock off the Lakers. We got our signals crossed cuz I def fu*k with Dirk.

5 days ago '04        #71
TizOnly1 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
 GxFR said
It aint, I didn't know u were goin on world wide impact. I thought we were talkin about actual on the court. Dirk, I won't hold u was my favorite player till Bron came. Nash, Finley, Dirk ... All I wanted was for them to knock off the Lakers. We got our signals crossed cuz I def fu*k with Dirk.
Even if we're just keeping it strictly on the court...

An entire new position was created for Dirk. How much more impactful does it get than that?

And again, Dirk has one of the most iconic signature moves too. When you're talking signature moves, who even has one as iconic as this?

[pic - click to view]

It's a short a.ss list. Dream Shake, UTEP Two Step/Killer Crossover, Shammgod, The Rondo, maybe Manu's Euro (shout our Sarunas tho. That's a perfect example of impact having zero to do with popularity).

Dirk one of the most impactcul of all time, any way you look at it.

5 days ago '15        #72
donnyyy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 4294 4294

[tweet - click to view]

5 days ago '16        #73
Glove 64 heat pts64
space
space
$5,374 | Props total: 14891 14891
 Screendoorservn said

That would be KG who started that. KG was both top O and top D on his team and he was slaughtering the midrange outside of the paint being 7ft+. Give credit to KG when he was in Minny. KG should have a bigger lineage but the league has really k!lled defense, so there will be a lot more guys like Towns and Dirk than KG and AD.

Hakeem also showed the league that 7 footers can move just as nice as a wing player when he was baking his opponents in the post with the dreamshake and footwork. He blew the door open for all bigs who wanted a nice handle and picture perfect game hitting fadeaways and sh*t. Unfortunately guys don't work as hard as the superstars in the past so KG and Hakeem will have a more limited lineage, but KG was the first big dude I saw that made it okay to be 7feet shooting jumpshots as a primary scoring tactic and he kept the defense up to. Hakeem was the first big guy that I saw that was 7ft+ trying to move like a guard and k!lling people. It's funny that AI has a wider lineage than both of them, but AI was a revolution in culture.

5 days ago '16        #74
Glove 64 heat pts64
space
space
$5,374 | Props total: 14891 14891
 tre0624 said

Reggie Miller. I know people are going to laugh at me and call me a casual since I'm going out on a limb here, but Reggie. He was a perimeter player, and it was widely regarded as his best talent, being able to shoot outside. Pushed MJ to 7 games, and then won 2 against LA in the finals as a 3 point shooter. Reggie does not get a lot of credit for showing you can win and have great seasons being an outside player at that time.

Lil Wayne "Automatic with the money like Reggie for 3, Haha, big birds, no Sesame Street... etc."

[video - click to view]

5 days ago '16        #75
Negusis 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,582 | Props total: 8727 8727
 mlbnba2016 said
Transformational Players in terms of position are:
PG-MAGIC JOHNSON
SG-MICHAEL JORDAN
SF-LEBRON JAMES
PF-DIRK NOWITZI
C-KAREEM

[pic - click to view]

You gonna be getting abused at your PF position.

Home      

most viewed right now
+33online now  46
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 4 "Reasonable Doubt"
32 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+155online now  39
Image(s) inside Southern Belle Christina
67 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+22online now  38
Video inside Would You Do The Shyt He's Doing In A Mall In Your City? 'Smash or Pass'
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+58online now  20
Music Video gets 20 niggas indicted
212 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  16
Video inside R.Kelly responds to Jacquees king of RnB comment and he's letting the u..
67 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+66online now  13
Image(s) inside Slim Doo Doo Makers
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Wesley Pipes on Doing Scene With 76-Year-Old (Y'all knew about this sh-..
156 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  12
Article inside VENOM Sequel Confirmed
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy