I fux with Melo, But this is some damning ass sh-t right here. I wanna get mad, i canít.

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '07        #101
DoctorNBA 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,399 | Props total: 4924 4924
 marcusaka50 said
most hof players from baseball to football are mostly in the hof because of their individually stats and achievements
Yea theres no doubt he's gettin in the Hall.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #102
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$416 | Props total: 450 450
 marcusaka50 said
melo could do whatever kobe could do..
If you say so... the fact is Melo was one of the most versatile scorers in the history of the game. The area where kobe our classes him is his commitment to defense.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #103
jharlem0500 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,212 | Props total: 6541 6541
 marcusaka50 said
idk why yall hate melo...phil was a gm and not a coach at the time....phil never build a contender roster for melo while he was a knick..not melo's fault...
Bro, why are you @@ing me?

1 week ago '06        #104
marcusaka50 62 heat pts62
space
space
space
$32,523 | Props total: 14126 14126
 jharlem0500 said
Bro, why are you @@ing me?
im not fu*king with you i don't troll....we can give out our own opinions and compare thoughts...that is all

1 week ago '06        #105
space
space
space
 MPC_Pase said
If you say so... the fact is Melo was one of the most versatile scorers in the history of the game. The area where kobe our classes him is his commitment to defense.
melo was probably trash in defense since high school...plays defense flat footed...it is what it is...curry defense is a.ss but he got 3 rings on his way number 4..kobe is above melo because of that without rings because his commitment to defense...offensive melo is up there with kobe but defense is where kobe takes the cake

Last edited by marcusaka50; 12-05-2018 at 09:05 AM..

1 week ago '05        #106
Wondah_Woman 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,021 | Props total: 9884 9884
It always feels like it’s an either/or thing when people talk about Melo and his legacy when it’s really an and/both. Melo was part of that new superstar era that he, Bron, and Wade ushered in. He could have legit been ROY and during he first few years in the league in terms of numbers he was close to Bron. Melo established who he was and he wasn’t the first star player to not play defense and this is not to excuse him for being so poor on that side of the ball, only saying that I think at a certain point it was clear as day Melo was who he was.

In his prime the NBA was evolving into that player’s league that you see today, and so none of that trying to compel him, cajole him, or even shame him into being a player he was not clearly wasn’t going to work. I hear all the time about players not buying in, and in Melo’s case that was always the label that he was tagged with. In the case of coming off the bench, or moving to the 4, those were things that he could adjust his mentality on and embrace the role, but some of those other things weren’t things he could buy into because he just didn’t have it in him to do.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #107
Rule 336 65 heat pts65
space
space
space
$6,072 | Props total: 21581 21581
 Flippa Huxtable said
Kobe shot 6/24 he didn't show up in the biggest game of his career
Him and pau took more free throws than the whole Boston team

Boston was robbed
Because he had a poor shooting night he didn't show up? Did you watch the game I saw him playing floor general and anchoring the defense. You don't know basketball fam you legit a stat sheet warrior, that explains why you love lebron so much. And lol @ that being the biggest game of his career when he had 3 rings to his name. Stick to pretending to be black cause you suck at basketball talk

1 week ago '16        #108
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,497 | Props total: 3072 3072
 MPC_Pase said
Bit thatís just it... Kobe didnít listen to coaches... not even phil all the time. Looks what PHIL said when he left LA the first time. Kobe was an incredible talent and one of the greatest to ever play but he was a hyper competitive selfish high volume scorer that often disregarded the coaches on called sets and play hero ball. The lakers built a team that worked around that. díantoni didnít try to build a system that maximized mellos talents. He tried to change Mello and what made him effective neither did George Carl. The irony there is that his best years record wise weíre with Melo.
Great points but George Karl was never a great coach to me so his record is what it is. Kobe followed Phil, in that Kobe followed the triangle. That was the centerpiece of their offense. Conversely, how did that work with Melo? Same coach, same system....

Conversely,

See, one player accepts the system, the other does not. We could argue that Melo and Kobe are VERY similar offensively. Why the resistance by Carmelo?

1 week ago '15        #109
jharlem0500 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,212 | Props total: 6541 6541
 marcusaka50 said
im not fu*king with you i don't troll....we can give out our own opinions and compare thoughts...that is all
But what I typed had nothing to do with what you typed. So I donít get it. But ok

1 week ago '16        #110
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Flippa Huxtable said
Kobe shot 6/24 he didn't show up in the biggest game of his career
Him and pau took more free throws than the whole Boston team

Boston was robbed
They were robbed and Ron Artest k!lled them 2 games in a row? Wasnt Boston supposed to be a defensive stopper??? Kobe plays bad and YOU STILL LOSE???? Stop the shenanigans.

1 week ago '11        #111
VicDutch 124 heat pts124
space
space
$4,896 | Props total: 1500 1500
i just don't see the hype about melo..

ppl saying he's a first ballot HOF, i just don't see it..

what has he done? won? what stats of his are reputable?? he's just a household name in my opinion, with a famous ex-wife

1 week ago '16        #112
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 marcusaka50 said
ron artest took over because he is a grit and grind type of player...and he wasn't injured unlike amare
Let's not get it twisted, Ron Artest was benefactor of playing with Kobe. Kobe was still on the court, so let's not act like that doesnt change how defense is played. Would Ron Artest beat Boston if Kobe was hurt? Hell no because he would be the focal part of the offense.

1 week ago '16        #113
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Flippa Huxtable said
Why are you comparing melo to a once in a generation talent like LeBron ?

Is it melo's fault Amare Stoudemire was washed up after 1 season, that's the main reason he went to the Knicks in the first place
Because people say Carmelo is great. They say he played with inferior teams, they say he is a hall of Famer. I comparing him to a peer. Fine, swap out Lebron with Kobe. Not going to stop comparing him to greats until people stop saying he is great. From my perspective he was only great in the Olympics. That's it. Outside of that, hes been really, really good.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #114
Rule 336 65 heat pts65
space
space
space
$6,072 | Props total: 21581 21581
 MPC_Pase said
A SG job is to score efficiently in context of the offense.
Stopped reading here. Please shut the fu*k up I have never heard so many people talk about "efficiency" until this fu*king analytics sh*t became popular. Dude has 5 rings and you n*ggas mad because he didn't play how y'all wanted him to play. Everyone praises Bron for his unselfishness and y'all bash anyone who doesn't play like that. Kobe, like MJ, played in the triangle offense which is a system. He played within a system that was predicated to highlight his ability to score. Kobe average more a.ssists than Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, VC etc to name a few but somehow the myth created is that he's selfish. I saw kobe find Pau & Bynum millions of time on pick n rolls or cutting to the basket. My God just because someone isn't pass first doesn't make them less of a player. No wonder this game is sh*t. Imagine a player winning 5 rings and n*ggas who never played professional ball a day in their lives telling him it doesn't count because he allegedly wasn't "efficient" would you rather have the shoot first k!ller mentality player with 5 rings or the passive dude with 2. Sports media has legit brainwashed n*ggas with analytics. Let them tell it, being efficient is more important than winning
+1   

1 week ago '06        #115
space
space
space
 Brucebaner2 said
Great points but George Karl was never a great coach to me so his record is what it is. Kobe followed Phil, in that Kobe followed the triangle. That was the centerpiece of their offense. Conversely, how did that work with Melo? Same coach, same system....

Conversely,

See, one player accepts the system, the other does not. We could argue that Melo and Kobe are VERY similar offensively. Why the resistance by Carmelo?
the resistance was because his roster was mediocre....when you have a mediocre team you are only going to be confide in the system to a degree...you need great players in the system for the 1st option player to feel comfortable in that system....because if the players aren't great in the system then the 1st option player won't....the 1st option player will use their instincts and their instincts are going to tell them to take more shots because my teammates can't score on their own...plus phil wasn't coaching...maybe if phil was coaching the team would of played better but they would of still been mediocre team because of talent..the lakers were mediocre with just kobe and phil before they got pau gasol...who was an allstar before he got to the lakers and was also high ball IQ player...players from overseas sometimes have higher basketball IQ than american players because american players rely more on their athleticism then IQ...one of the main reasons people didn't know how good pau gasol was because he wasn't athletic
+1   

1 week ago '06        #116
space
space
space
 Brucebaner2 said
Let's not get it twisted, Ron Artest was benefactor of playing with Kobe. Kobe was still on the court, so let's not act like that doesnt change how defense is played. Would Ron Artest beat Boston if Kobe was hurt? Hell no because he would be the focal part of the offense.
don't switch the subject up kobe had help and didn't win championships with random players or spare parts..that is the bottom line...

1 week ago '06        #117
space
space
space
 VicDutch said
i just don't see the hype about melo..

ppl saying he's a first ballot HOF, i just don't see it..

what has he done? won? what stats of his are reputable?? he's just a household name in my opinion, with a famous ex-wife
most players in hof haven't won sh*t...he fits right in....10x allstar is rare
+1   

1 week ago '16        #118
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 marcusaka50 said
lebron was not winning a championship with the roster melo had on the knicks..lebron can't win with just any players....he would of won more rings if that was the case...melo didn't pass the ball because his team was mediocre..jr smith was his 2nd option player
Wait, Melo didnt pass the ball because of his options??? Melo played with Iverson....when AI was still GOOD!!!! You tripping....

[video - click to view]

1 week ago '18        #119
RoyRogers225 
space
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 3616 3616

[pic - click to view]

+2   

1 week ago '16        #120
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 marcusaka50 said
don't switch the subject up kobe had help and didn't win championships with random players or spare parts..that is the bottom line...
That wasnt my argument sir. My argument was Kobe passed to Ron Artest when he struggled. Kobe used his teammates. That is the difference between Kobe and Carmelo.

1 week ago '06        #121
space
space
space
 Brucebaner2 said
Wait, Melo didnt pass the ball because of his options??? Melo played with Iverson....when AI was still GOOD!!!! You tripping....
read my words carefully and go back reread this...in denver his team was injury prone...nobody wins championships with a injury prone team...in nyk the team was never a championship caliber team on top of having injury prone players..

1 week ago '16        #122
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 marcusaka50 said
the resistance was because his roster was mediocre....when you have a mediocre team you are only going to be confide in the system to a degree...you need great players in the system for the 1st option player to feel comfortable in that system....because if the players aren't great in the system then the 1st option player won't....the 1st option player will use their instincts and their instincts are going to tell them to take more shots because my teammates can't score on their own...plus phil wasn't coaching...maybe if phil was coaching the team would of played better but they would of still been mediocre team because of talent..the lakers were mediocre with just kobe and phil before they got pau gasol...who was an allstar before he got to the lakers and was also high ball IQ player...players from overseas sometimes have higher basketball IQ than american players because american players rely more on their athleticism then IQ...one of the main reasons people didn't know how good pau gasol was because he wasn't athletic
Great points again, let's say you are correct. What happened in Denver? Still no players??? Houston???? OKC???? Let's keep it real, Carmelo played his best basketball on the Olympics. All that proves is of he has Alltime great help he can win. To me, this is why HE isnt great. If we start calling him really good I have nothing to say.
+2   

1 week ago '06        #123
space
space
space
 Brucebaner2 said
That wasnt my argument sir. My argument was Kobe passed to Ron Artest when he struggled. Kobe used his teammates. That is the difference between Kobe and Carmelo.
ron artest took over himself he said it himself...kobe didn't do sh*t...how did kobe make it to the finals?....he had ron artest odom pau gasol bynum and phil jackson as head coach not a gm in early retirement mode...

1 week ago '06        #124
space
space
space
 Brucebaner2 said
Great points again, let's say you are correct. What happened in Denver? Still no players??? Houston???? OKC???? Let's keep it real, Carmelo played his best basketball on the Olympics. All that proves is of he has Alltime great help he can win. To me, this is why HE isnt great. If we start calling him really good I have nothing to say.
denver his team only had one year with a championship caliber team his entire career there and their role players were injured..houston defense has fallen off..they need more defensive players than offensives players..okc made the playoffs with him in the starting lineup and they choked as a team in the playoffs plus they lost their best defender in roberson which effects melo's game because now he is a defensive liability with roberson gone and not there to help cover up melo's defensive weakness in his 15th season in the nba...melo was probably gassed on the offensive side because he had to play more defense than he wouldn't have if roberson was there.

1 week ago '16        #125
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 marcusaka50 said
read my words carefully and go back reread this...in denver his team was injury prone...nobody wins championships with a injury prone team...in nyk the team was never a championship caliber team on top of having injury prone players..
So he didnt win because EVERYONE was injury prone? What a surprise. You do understand that your argument is better with facts right? You saying injury prone means he played with players that could be injured. Not that Iverson played 82 games during a season with Denver that Carmelo played 77, Camby played 79 and Kenyon Martin played 71. See injury prone means nothing if major injurys didnt occur. Everyone minus Lebron is injury prone in the NBA.

Home      

most viewed right now
+25online now  35
Video inside Would You Do The Shyt He's Doing In A Mall In Your City? 'Smash or Pass'
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+162online now  34
Image(s) inside Southern Belle Christina
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+36online now  32
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 4 "Reasonable Doubt"
32 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+26online now  18
Video inside R.Kelly responds to Jacquees king of RnB comment and he's letting the u..
68 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside AQUAMAN Reviews Are Out
59 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+67online now  9
Image(s) inside Slim Doo Doo Makers