2000s Hip-Hop Tournament Round 5 (Finals) : Seed 2: Marshal Mathers LP vs. Seed 4: College Dropout

most viewed right now
+84  71
69 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

The Marshal Mathers LP vs. The College Dropout
The Marshal Mathers LP 318 53.54%
The College Dropout 276 46.46%
Voters: 594. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

5 years ago '12        #51
KleanKutt100 154 heat pts154
space
space
$4,801 | Props total: 2874 2874
 Root Of Evil said

so u white boys wanna tell me MMLP is best rap album of the 2000s

Illstreet said
And this tells you everything you need to know about who posts in the Hip Hop Spot

What a fukking joke.

Glad I don't even waste my time coming in here anymore.
 Brolic757 said
lol are u serious? The blueprint is better than both of these albums. Bx has to be rules by suburban white boys who watch the community.
lol so my feelings are noticed by others I see...

So basically the majority of posters on this site are white boys who think they are experts on hip hop because they supposedly only listen to "lyrical" rap(with Eminem of course being at the top of their list) and then teenage white boys who think they are "hard" because they d!ck ride somebody like Gucci or Chief Keef and his GBE n*ggas?

Last edited by KleanKutt100; 10-12-2013 at 05:05 PM..

10-23-2013, 11:14 PM         #52
BrainFeeder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Marshal Mathers LP

10-26-2013, 10:24 PM         #53
DelToroLoko 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
on some real sh*t you gotta be some real ignorant straight dumbass motherfu*kers to think college dropout is better than MMLP

4 years ago '11        #54
bonez79 122 heat pts122
space
space
$13,547 | Props total: 16470 16470
College Dropout don't stand a chance.

4 years ago '11        #55
bonez79 122 heat pts122
space
space
$13,547 | Props total: 16470 16470
 Root Of Evil said

so u white boys wanna tell me MMLP is best rap album of the 2000s
I've been saying that for years, that's the last album I heard that I can listen to straight through, name one better since 2000 that you can play straight through.

Last edited by bonez79; 01-05-2015 at 09:11 AM..

4 years ago '14        #56
NewLegends 117 heat pts117
space
space
$10,615 | Props total: 11787 11787
This tourney was horrible and MMLP is not better than CD. It wasn't ahead of its time. It was just a white guy with really technical skills on a mic. Kanye was ahead of his time with his beats.

4 years ago '14        #57
ChampD1012 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,345 | Props total: 1500 1500
Folks put College Dropout on a pedestal...album has WAAAAAAAYYYYY too many skits.....Ye didn't even write the biggest hit on the album...Rhymefest did...and I love Kanye...but if this is what I have to choose from...i'm taking MMLP...Late Registration runs circles around this album...

Marshall Mathers LP is a more cohesive album...it's Em's best work...

04-18-2015, 07:00 PM         #58
EffurFeelings 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImAMonster said
Lol @ Y'all. Holy sh*t some of you are idiots. CDO above MMLP? Some of y'all are faking that "I'm from the hood sh*t" if you don't get what Em was saying in the MMLP. Y'all some suburban a.ss mahfu*kas in here saying you're from the hood and the struggle. Thinking CDO > MMLP is idiocy.

LOL shut the fu*k up!

Jesus walks
through the wire
all falls down
never let me down
we don't care
family business
spaceship
last call
slow jamz

on ONE CD smh.

like people from the hood can relate to MMLP over CD.
if you really think that you are satanic

''I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups all you do is annoy me so i've been sent here to destroy you''

Wow take infinite seats and hold this L till mmlp3 drops you fu*k boi

04-18-2015, 07:02 PM         #59
EffurFeelings 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FreTwhY said
This is a joke right? Mmlp>>>>>CD tho
and em is not just for white people n*ggas sound retarded saying that sh*t lol
I'm a 23 yr old black man and too ME I like mmlp more
its all in your preference tho.
Print screen your Identification or you a liar & a cac

4 years ago '09        #60
ImAMonster 432 heat pts432
space
space
$38,718 | Props total: 13555 13555
 EffurFeelings said
LOL shut the fu*k up!

Jesus walks
through the wire
all falls down
never let me down
we don't care
family business
spaceship
last call
slow jamz

on ONE CD smh.

like people from the hood can relate to MMLP over CD.
if you really think that you are satanic

''I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups all you do is annoy me so i've been sent here to destroy you''

Wow take infinite seats and hold this L till mmlp3 drops you fu*k boi
Different strokes for different folks. You buggin.

04-18-2015, 07:11 PM         #61
EffurFeelings 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImAMonster said
Different strokes for different folks. You buggin.
the n*gga said if u don't like mmlp then ur a white guy living in the suburbs

this site is a piece of sh*t

4 years ago '09        #62
space
space
 EffurFeelings said
the n*gga said if u don't like mmlp then ur a white guy living in the suburbs

this site is a piece of sh*t
That's not what I said. But okay, good, if you think this site is a piece of sh*t then leave. We don't want your emotional lesbian a.ss here anyways.

4 years ago '12        #63
FreTwhY 
space
space
$480 | Props total: 27 27
 EffurFeelings said
I've had my picture as my act picture for a while different account tho but I'll see if I can post a picture of me.. I really don't understand why it's hard for n*ggaz to understand that black people also listen to eminem like wtf b. I'm form newport news Virginia 23rd and Wickham.. poverty stricken environment and all.. but that don't dictate who or what the fu*k I listen to n*gga. I listen to cage the elephant and still will throw on some freddie gibbs and want to shoot a n*gga and in the same sense throw on some eminem also for different reasons

4 years ago '12        #64
FreTwhY 
space
space
$480 | Props total: 27 27
 EffurFeelings said
Happy n*gga no chill the fu*k out smfh

04-19-2015, 07:42 AM         #65
EffurFeelings 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImAMonster said
Lol @ Y'all. Holy sh*t some of you are idiots. CDO above MMLP? Some of y'all are faking that "I'm from the hood sh*t" if you don't get what Em was saying in the MMLP. Y'all some suburban a.ss mahfu*kas in here saying you're from the hood and the struggle. Thinking CDO > MMLP is idiocy.

soo many cacs in disguise on this site lol.
be who u r g

4 years ago '09        #66
space
space
 EffurFeelings said
soo many cacs in disguise on this site lol.
be who u r g
And you're a racist in disguise.

4 years ago '14        #67
GatsbyTheGod 38 heat pts38
space
space
$514 | Props total: 413 413
So I'm a big fan of both these guys, both in my personal top ten hip hop artist.(just my opinion) one is clearly a better MC as far as technical skill,the other clearly a better artist based on overall body of work. CD HAS 7 skits (21-7=14), MM has 4 (18-4=14), not including "kids". so 14 songs vs 14. Skits vs skits, kanye won. (Not because kanye has more but Eminem literally has audio of a man sucking another man's d!ck)

Kill you vs we don't care
My head says we don't care (we put sh*t on lay away then come back and claim other people kids on our income tax), but my heart say k!ll just on the line "serial k!ller hiding murder material in a cereal box on top of your stereo." Just my opinion

Eminem

Stan vs all falls down
Ima go with Stan cuz white people will k!ll me

Eminem

Who knew vs spaceship
I've worked at b.s. job, never had fame problems: spaceship wins.. Marvin sample ...salute

Kanye

The way I am vs jesus walks

Damn lol it’s hard to go against jesus but this is probably one of my favorite songs on mmlp. fu*k I’m gonna call a tie until I have to make a decision. Forgive me Lord

Eminem

The real slim shady vs never let me down

If you pick real slim shady you probably drive your kids to soccer practice. Never let me down

Kanye

Remember me vs get em high:

both feature cuts, always was a little underwhelmed by remember me even as a kid. Get em high feels more cohesive. Common murdered this “tim’d up with a pimp cup illiterate n*gga read the infa-red across your head I’m bred king like simba”

Kanye

I’m back vs work out plan:

I'm back is a harder cut so I’ma go with Em but I will say Em doesn’t ever talk about getting pus*y. Does Eminem get pus*y? I know he has kids but bruce jenner has kids…I digress…I’m back

Eminem

Marshall Mathers vs Slow Jamz: ok, this is where I’m gonna lose a lot of Em Heads. Idk, I’m gonna go with slow jamz, I don’t feel like Marshall mathers aged well but I do from time to time blurt out “new kids on the block suck a lot of d!ck” lol LFO, that was a hit, fu*k yall

Kanye

Drug Ballad vs Breathe In Breathe Out

Drug ballad. I can relate way too much to this song

Eminem

Amityville vs School Spirit :

HaHa do I seen a post somebody put about if you like CD better that MM then you wanna be from the hood but school spirit and the college dropout isn’t about being hood at all.

“told em I finished school and I started my own business. They say “oh you graduated?” naw I decided I was finished”

Kanye

bi*ch please 2 vs two words:

wow this is really unfair. Two words is one of my favorite songs. I think Ye’s verse on this song is better than em’s verse on this song “suck my fu*king d!ck you f*ggot, you happy now.” Even tho I know some of you were glad to hear the size of Em’s d!ck, I’m gonna go with bi*ch Please just on the Nate Dogg hook. RIP
PS Mos def ripped this and the first two freeway albums are two of my favorites.he's one of my top 3 underrated MC’s with AZ and jadakiss

Eminem

Kim vs Through the Wire:

now Kim showcases em’s storytelling abilities and creativity, very similar to Stan but I’m gonna go with through the wire. So soulful, personal, witty. Awesome video too.

Kanye

Under the influence vs family business: RIP proof but I’m gonna go with the soul hear again . Sorry Em fans, go hug your mother.

Kanye

Criminal vs Last call: damn…I’m gonna go criminal just because he shoots the teller and says thank you. Plus really really dope verse. If you think Kanye has ego now, this man got a 12 min songs where he talks about himself for 10 mins. Love last call. Em

Eminem

It's a tie. I'm sure some of you disagree with most of my "vs" choices and so do I, just tried to pick 1 but I'm going back and forth about a few but if I had to pick....

I'm going college drop out...based on variety of content. Just my opinion. Sorry to those I offended.

Last edited by GatsbyTheGod; 05-13-2015 at 01:25 AM..

4 years ago '10        #68
ktxicer 
space
space
$318 | Props total: 92 92
 GatsbyTheGod said
So I'm a big fan of both these guys, both in my personal top ten hip hop artist.(just my opinion) one is clearly a better MC as far as technical skill,the other clearly a better artist based on overall body of work. CD HAS 7 skits (21-7=14), MM has 4 (18-4=14), not including "kids". so 14 songs vs 14. Skits vs skits, kanye won. (Not because kanye has more but Eminem literally has audio of a man sucking another man's d!ck)

Kill you vs we don't care
My head says we don't care (we put sh*t on lay away then come back and claim other people kids on our income tax), but my heart say k!ll just on the line "serial k!ller hiding murder material in a cereal box on top of your stereo." Just my opinion

Eminem

Stan vs all falls down
Ima go with Stan cuz white people will k!ll me

Eminem

Who knew vs spaceship
I've worked at b.s. job, never had fame problems: spaceship wins.. Marvin sample ...salute

Kanye

The way I am vs jesus walks

Damn lol itís hard to go against jesus but this is probably one of my favorite songs on mmlp. fu*k Iím gonna call a tie until I have to make a decision. Forgive me Lord

Eminem

The real slim shady vs never let me down

If you pick real slim shady you probably drive your kids to soccer practice. Never let me down

Kanye

Remember me vs get em high:

both feature cuts, always was a little underwhelmed by remember me even as a kid. Get em high feels more cohesive. Common murdered this ďtimíd up with a pimp cup illiterate n*gga read the infa-red across your head Iím bred king like simbaĒ

Kanye

Iím back vs work out plan:

I'm back is a harder cut so Iíma go with Em but I will say Em doesnít ever talk about getting pus*y. Does Eminem get pus*y? I know he has kids but bruce jenner has kidsÖI digressÖIím back

Eminem

Marshall Mathers vs Slow Jamz: ok, this is where Iím gonna lose a lot of Em Heads. Idk, Iím gonna go with slow jamz, I donít feel like Marshall mathers aged well but I do from time to time blurt out ďnew kids on the block suck a lot of d!ckĒ lol LFO, that was a hit, fu*k yall

Kanye

Drug Ballad vs Breathe In Breathe Out

Drug ballad. I can relate way too much to this song

Eminem

Amityville vs School Spirit :

HaHa do I seen a post somebody put about if you like CD better that MM then you wanna be from the hood but school spirit and the college dropout isnít about being hood at all.

ďtold em I finished school and I started my own business. They say ďoh you graduated?Ē naw I decided I was finishedĒ

Kanye

bi*ch please 2 vs two words:

wow this is really unfair. Two words is one of my favorite songs. I think Yeís verse on this song is better than emís verse on this song ďsuck my fu*king d!ck you f*ggot, you happy now.Ē Even tho I know some of you were glad to hear the size of Emís d!ck, Iím gonna go with bi*ch Please just on the Nate Dogg hook. RIP
PS Mos def ripped this and the first two freeway albums are two of my favorites.he's one of my top 3 underrated MCís with AZ and jadakiss

Eminem

Kim vs Through the Wire:

now Kim showcases emís storytelling abilities and creativity, very similar to Stan but Iím gonna go with through the wire. So soulful, personal, witty. Awesome video too.

Kanye

Under the influence vs family business: RIP proof but Iím gonna go with the soul hear again . Sorry Em fans, go hug your mother.

Kanye

Criminal vs Last call: damnÖIím gonna go criminal just because he shoots the teller and says thank you. Plus really really dope verse. If you think Kanye has ego now, this man got a 12 min songs where he talks about himself for 10 mins. Love last call. Em

Eminem

It's a tie. I'm sure some of you disagree with most of my "vs" choices and so do I, just tried to pick 1 but I'm going back and forth about a few but if I had to pick....

I'm going college drop out...based on variety of content. Just my opinion. Sorry to those I offended.
I prefer mmlp, but that some good analysis. i see where you are coming from on each song, i dont disagree with any of your points:manzielapproved:

3 years ago '10        #69
Shhon 1087 heat pts1087
space
space
$21,076 | Props total: 29294 29294
The Marshal Mathers LP

3 years ago '15        #70
hardcore bastad 98 heat pts98
space
space
$20,833 | Props total: 38893 38893
Mmlp was eminems magnum opus. Classic album for sure. College dropout was kanye only great album in my opinion.

Mmlp>>>>>> college dropout

3 years ago '13        #71
boobalo1 264 heat pts264
space
space
$12,404 | Props total: 10231 10231
And the results?

3 years ago '05        #72
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$16,320 | Props total: 8017 8017
 Lex Lossis said
lmfao yall fans of wack rappers like gucci mane and lil wayne fu*k outta here your opinion means NOTHING

MMLP is a classic and proved that Em would rap circles around most of hip hop

he was a lyrical beast back then but I wouldnt expect yall to even know wtf lyricism is
We got a backstage groupie on boxden

3 years ago '04        #73
mac58 233 heat pts233
space
space
$8,052 | Props total: 14897 14897
as much as kanye wants to be white. . he cant compete with the rap god

college dropout is dope though but MMLP is on a different level

3 years ago '04        #74
mac58 233 heat pts233
space
space
$8,052 | Props total: 14897 14897
The Rap God is Yezus father. .

what people dont understand is most of these top rappers will put Eminem above themselves. . Em does the same just because he is a kind and humble God

3 years ago '15        #75
Ktt 
space
space
$100 | Props total: 47 47
Lmfao theres 2 types of people in this thread,
pple who d!ckride lyrics to their grave and the ones who appreciate music as a whole

Home      

most viewed right now
+85online now  59
Kodak Black walks out of Hot97 interview after Ebro mentions sexual assault al..
362 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-17online now  41
MMA Conor McGregor Accused Of Rape?
44 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+47online now  40
Dec 12 - College teacher fired for having too much booty
106 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-43online now  33
NBA YOO PHIL JACKSON LITERALLY came to JEANIE BUSS OFFICE after the LEBRON PIC..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  27
Jordan 11 Concords Yellowing In 2 Weeks
110 comments
19 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
-70online now  21
Mom of 4 looking for a guy to hang out with