Fitness Experts Debunk 17 Exercise Myths

most viewed right now
+37  117
59 comments @hiphop

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The BX Gym

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 weeks ago '18        #26
stutteringrap 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$9,826 | Props total: 12216 12216
i am going to stop listening to everything on the internet they be bs.

i would not be surpised these pharmetical companies and food companies not slipping these n*ggas or you tube folks money under there the table.

3 weeks ago '17        #27
Naga Sadow 58 heat pts58
space
space
$14,368 | Props total: 61743 61743
 stutteringrap said
yes that totally bullsh*t. from some football or college and pro sports coach probably.

you fu*k up your body and cannot work out. then that muscle going turn into fat.

word ot ll cool j and timbland.

better to do girly or light excerise and live to be leaner and skinnier and skinny muscle than broken down body where you cannot work out no more.

i start doing 40 pound dumbell and resstiance bands and pull ups and got more muscle than i did in tyhe gym lifting heavy.
I always say smaller weights more reps. Burnouts, where you keep going down in weight until you can't even lift 5 lbs, always works great. It builds lean muscle quickly.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #28
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,423 | Props total: 658 658
 BlaqThum said
Well the 1 about muscle weights more than fat is just misunderstood... muscle is more dense so if you take a cut of muscle and a cut of fat same size then muscle does have a heavier weight.... Not sure why they would say thatís a myth.... take a slab of metal and see how many water balloons it takes to match that weight. That is kinda how the body works with muscle vs fat
The reason it's on that list is because of how people use that phrase. I don't even remember when people mainly say it because I've completely eliminated that phrase from my brain, but I would guess they use it as an excuse when they struggle to lose weight, or when they gain too much weight. They check the scale and they're stuck at the same weight for weeks = "oh it's because muscle weighs more than fat". Dumbest sh*t I ever heard.

It's completely irrelevant/meaningless that the same size of muscle weighs more than the same size as fat.

3 weeks ago '05        #29
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,052 | Props total: 11132 11132
 Naga Sadow said
I always say smaller weights more reps. Burnouts, where you keep going down in weight until you can't even lift 5 lbs, always works great. It builds lean muscle quickly.
I can agree with this. As long as you're pushing yourself to progress and putting in the volume, you'll build muscle, no doubt.
+1   

3 weeks ago '19        #30
Cole Robinson 
space
space
$57 | Props total: 562 562
 Naga Sadow said
It's no such thing as building lean muscle all you are doing is endurance lifting, heavy weights and protein builds muscle

3 weeks ago '05        #31
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Cole Robinson said
It's no such thing as building lean muscle all you are doing is endurance lifting, heavy weights and protein builds muscle
You can still build muscle on lower weight via hypertrophy. As long as youíre getting in the volume, with progressive overload, eating at maintenance or more with the appropriate amount of protein, etc. you can build muscle.

3 weeks ago '18        #32
Bout Dat 
space
space
space
$184 | Props total: 367 367
 123456 said
The reason it's on that list is because of how people use that phrase. I don't even remember when people mainly say it because I've completely eliminated that phrase from my brain, but I would guess they use it as an excuse when they struggle to lose weight, or when they gain too much weight. They check the scale and they're stuck at the same weight for weeks = "oh it's because muscle weighs more than fat". Dumbest sh*t I ever heard.

It's completely irrelevant/meaningless that the same size of muscle weighs more than the same size as fat.
Fitness goals shouldnít be measured just by weight alone. You should do tape measurements of your body, thatíll help determine if youíre getting lean or not in the absence of weight gain/stagnation.

3 weeks ago '04        #33
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,423 | Props total: 658 658
 Bout Dat said
Fitness goals shouldnít be measured just by weight alone. You should do tape measurements of your body, thatíll help determine if youíre getting lean or not in the absence of weight gain/stagnation.
Generally I agree...but you have to know what's happening when taking tape measurements. There are people that don't realize that fat is distributed everywhere. So when they lose arm size for example, they automatically think they lost muscle when in fact there was just plenty of fat there that they didn't realize.

3 weeks ago '05        #34
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 123456 said
Generally I agree...but you have to know what's happening when taking tape measurements. There are people that don't realize that fat is distributed everywhere. So when they lose arm size for example, they automatically think they lost muscle when in fact there was just plenty of fat there that they didn't realize.
Which still gives you an idea how many people still being targeting fat loss if they donít understand that fat is distributed throughout the body.

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+42online now  56
Image(s) inside BREAKING... Tee Grizzly Shot Up In Detroit, Manager Killed
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  50
Video inside List of Ideal Traits Japanese Girls Want in a Guy Based On a New Study
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  29
Workout Change the look of your body in only 2 workouts w/ The Snatch Grip Hig..
54 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+55online now  20
Video inside High school cafeteria in Texas
119 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy