Slam dunk competition is dead... Holy

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+31  178
53 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 weeks ago '16        #26
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 69719 69 K  Slaps total: 11195 11 K
 WoodPipe said
It wonít be good until they get top talent playing. NBA need to up the bag and get the real superstar participating
You want to see Luka Doncic in the slam dunk contest? Kawhi?

The ďtop talentĒ arent dunkers anymore
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #27
TrillPeez 
space
space
Props total: 39876 39 K  Slaps total: 8076 8 K
You'll watch...you'll watch
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #28
Marcus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 5067 5 K  Slaps total: 814 814
 Gotti Pippen said
You picked the least known of the four
djj should show out and the crowd will be behind pat you know why

2 weeks ago '16        #29
space
space
 SmackYaKufiOff said
He's the only one I'm interested to see. They need to get the superstars to participate in this event again though.
Which superstars? Who are these superstar dunkers?

Dame? KD? AD? Embiid? Luka? Harden? Kawhi?

Y’all been saying this sh*t for years and don’t even keep up with the game.
+8   

2 weeks ago '16        #30
WoodPipe 
space
space
Props total: 45204 45 K  Slaps total: 9478 9 K
 Jumbo Rondo said
This the first year Iíve considered not watching it.

Should be more than 4 competitors also
Yeah because no one care about none of these n*ggas

2 weeks ago '16        #31
WoodPipe 
space
space
 MHP Trotty said
Which superstars? Who are these superstar dunkers?

Dame? KD? AD? Embiid? Luka? Harden? Kawhi?

Y’all been saying this sh*t for years and don’t even keep up with the game.

Was more exciting than last year dunk contest and it was just basic Imagine giving Giannis time to actually prepare dunks. People would tune in vs all these nobodies

2 weeks ago '16        #32
space
space
 WoodPipe said

Was more exciting than last year dunk contest and it was just basic Imagine giving Giannis time to actually prepare dunks. People would tune in vs all these nobodies
Giannis already did the dunk contest and lost casual.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #33
faceoffizhere 
space
space
Props total: 1879 1 K  Slaps total: 416 416
 48laws said
Why are nba players scared to compete in the dunk contest? Seemed like in the 90s all the big stars wanted to do it
They don't want to get injured is what they say
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #34
WoodPipe 
space
space
 MHP Trotty said
Giannis already did the dunk contest and lost casual.
So did Gordon

The point is people would rather watch Giannis Westbrook scared a*s Bron, new stars like Ja Zion Tatum then these nobodies. Acting like there aren’t more entertaining star players that dunk.

Old a*s Dwight
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #35
Gotti Pippen 
space
space
Props total: 27527 27 K  Slaps total: 1063 1 K
 Marcus said
djj should show out and the crowd will be behind pat you know why
I’m surprised Gordon is actually doing it. Beating this group won’t mean much, but I’m watching
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #36
space
space
 WoodPipe said
So did Gordon

The point is people would rather watch Giannis Westbrook scared a*s Bron, new stars like Ja Zion Tatum then these nobodies. Acting like there arenít more entertaining star players that dunk.

Old a*s Dwight
Many feel Gordon won it. Thatís why heís in this.

Giannis already showed heís not a dunk contest dunker, it wasnít close.

Why the fu*k do I want to watch 35 year old LeBron in a dunk contest? You want to throw Tatum and a 31 year old Westbrook in there, for what? None of those n*ggas pride themselves as dunkers. Thatís the point I was getting at. The best players in the league arenít dunkers by trade, sure they can physically dunk a basketball but once you get to the league itís more appeal to a 3 pointer, pull up jumper, or eurostep than it is to do something crazy with an open lane to the basket.

Zion wouldíve been nice to see but heís coming off injury.
+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #37
Black Larry 
space
space
Props total: 9833 9 K  Slaps total: 922 922
 WoodPipe said
It wonít be good until they get top talent playing. NBA need to up the bag and get the real superstar participating
 48laws said
Why are nba players scared to compete in the dunk contest? Seemed like in the 90s all the big stars wanted to do it

Too much politics in the dunk contest. Look at the year nate won. Iggy got straight robbed. They already crowned Blake. He almost threw it away. sh*t nique should've won before Jordan. Refs felt threatened and gave it Jordan.

No reason to hurt the bag. Zion maybe next year

2 weeks ago '16        #38
WoodPipe 
space
space
 MHP Trotty said
Many feel Gordon won it. That’s why he’s in this.

Giannis already showed he’s not a dunk contest dunker, it wasn’t close.

Why the fu*k do I want to watch 35 year old LeBron in a dunk contest? You want to throw Tatum and a 31 year old Westbrook in there, for what? None of those n*ggas pride themselves as dunkers. That’s the point I was getting at. The best players in the league aren’t dunkers by trade, sure they can physically dunk a basketball but once you get to the league it’s more appeal to a 3 pointer, pull up jumper, or eurostep than it is to do something crazy with an open lane to the basket.

Zion would’ve been nice to see but he’s coming off injury.
From a marketing stand point what do you think the fans wanna see, 35 year old Bron finally participating or 34 year old Dwight?

No one cares about these bums and that’s why the ratings are down. Stars bring the fans out and the fact that they are stars, they will perform like they do in the actually all star game which has better in game dunks than the damn premeditated contest
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #39
WoodPipe 
space
space
Bron gonna dunk 6 times in the all star game but nobody wanna see him in the dunk contest because he old? Shut up

2 weeks ago '16        #40
space
space
 WoodPipe said
From a marketing stand point what do you think the fans wanna see, 35 year old Bron finally participating or 34 year old Dwight?

No one cares about these bums and thatís why the ratings are down. Stars bring the fans out and the fact that they are stars, they will perform like they do in the actually all star game which has better in game dunks than the damn premeditated contest
The fans been tuning in regardless

Every year yíall dudes complain about the sh*t but watch, so whatís the point of crying? You gonna protest until you see Luka in the dunk contest, then protest, donít watch it

Just cause I donít want to see LeBron do 4 1 hand above his head signature dunks, doesnít mean I want to see Dwight either
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #41
space
space
 WoodPipe said
Bron gonna dunk 6 times in the all star game but nobody wanna see him in the dunk contest because he old? Shut up
Nobody give af about his dunks in the ASG.

That sh*t been a dunk contest forever, ever since T Mac threw it off the backboard nothing earth shattering done came from it. Itís just self alley oops, alley oops to teammates, and almost nobody going up to contest any of the dunks.

Seriously who is these n*ggas excited to see that? Find me 3 of them people, whoever they are who actually care about 35 year old LeBron dunking in the ASG. AND you want to put that in the dunk contest in 2020?

Give me a ďnobodyĒ like DJJ or Gordon.
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #42
WoodPipe 
space
space
 MHP Trotty said
The fans been tuning in regardless

Every year yíall dudes complain about the sh*t but watch, so whatís the point of crying? You gonna protest until you see Luka in the dunk contest, then protest, donít watch it

Just cause I donít want to see LeBron do 4 1 hand above his head signature dunks, doesnít mean I want to see Dwight either
Why do you keep mentioning luka? No one wants to see him. But we donít want to a trash product either.

Trending down the last 2 years

Shut up

2 weeks ago '16        #43
WoodPipe 
space
space
 MHP Trotty said
Nobody give af about his dunks in the ASG.

That sh*t been a dunk contest forever, ever since T Mac threw it off the backboard nothing earth shattering done came from it. Itís just self alley oops, alley oops to teammates, and almost nobody going up to contest any of the dunks.

Seriously who is these n*ggas excited to see that? Find me 3 of them people, whoever they are who actually care about 35 year old LeBron dunking in the ASG. AND you want to put that in the dunk contest in 2020?

Give me a ďnobodyĒ like DJJ or Gordon.
Ratings disagree

2 weeks ago '16        #44
space
space
 WoodPipe said
Why do you keep mentioning luka? No one wants to see him. But we donít want to a trash product either.

Trending down the last 2 years

Shut up
Dunk contest ainít the only event on Saturday night.

Nobody watches the skills challenge, that other gay a*s event, sh*t a lot of people donít even watch the 3 point contest.

Keep trying n*gga
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #45
space
space
 WoodPipe said
Ratings disagree
Ratings down for the ASG too if we trying to be technical.

So the solution must be we need more dunks?
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #46
WoodPipe 
space
space
 MHP Trotty said
Dunk contest ainít the only event on Saturday night.

Nobody watches the skills challenge, that other gay a*s event, sh*t a lot of people donít even watch the 3 point contest.

Keep trying n*gga
Keep trying? You said the fans still watch when the ratings have been the lowest since 2001

2 weeks ago '16        #47
space
space
 WoodPipe said
Keep trying? You said the fans still watch when the ratings have been the lowest since 2001
Wasnít that the year Jason Richardson won the dunk contest?

Ratings for the NBA are down across the board for everything due to cord cutting. Back in our day as kids we all was in front of the TV looking at TNT all night, sitting thru commercial breaks with Sprite commercials, etc. Now people are doing 1 hundred million things on Saturday night & a lot of people seeing the dunks once they get posted on Twitter. They might retweet it, but they didnít tune in to see it live.

Like I said above, they still getting interest/views itís not pressing for them to switch it up because casuals complain about 10th men off the bench winning it instead of wanting to see if Kyrie can win it.
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #48
LOONATIK 
space
space
Props total: 13261 13 K  Slaps total: 1875 1 K
Lol just cuz you an elite player doesn't mean you're an elite dunker lol idk why n*ggas think that's the answer. As electric as Bron is he'd be boring in the dunk contest. Hell I remember the younger days when he did the one on espn when he was still in high school for the McDonald's game. n*gga didn't do much and he was prime athletically. Now he's 35, lol stop.
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #49
ezduzit 
space
space
Props total: 14557 14 K  Slaps total: 1424 1 K
pat connaughton will do a simple two hand dunk and everybody will spaz out and give him the win

2 weeks ago '16        #50
WoodPipe 
space
space
 MHP Trotty said
Wasnít that the year Jason Richardson won the dunk contest?

Ratings for the NBA are down across the board for everything due to cord cutting. Back in our day as kids we all was in front of the TV looking at TNT all night, sitting thru commercial breaks with Sprite commercials, etc. Now people are doing 1 hundred million things on Saturday night & a lot of people seeing the dunks once they get posted on Twitter. They might retweet it, but they didnít tune in to see it live.

Like I said above, they still getting interest/views itís not pressing for them to switch it up because casuals complain about 10th men off the bench winning it instead of wanting to see if Kyrie can win it.
n*ggas wanna see ďnot all starĒ level players look terrible in ďALL STAR WEEKENDĒ and be like this is great

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-83online now  82
Did Tyson Fury cheat by having something in his gloves?
93 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+20online now  42
Image(s) inside Feb 25 - You're likely going to Get the Coronavirus
236 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+96online now  25
The game is telling the truth about Griselda