Myles Garrett doubles down that Mason Rudolph called him the N-WORD in interview with ESPN

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
51 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 week ago '07        #1
4216 page views
170 comments

theFREAK  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34
space
space
Props total: 97185 97 K  Slaps total: 22708 22 K
Myles Garrett doubles down that Mason Rudolph called him the N-WORD in interview with ESPN

Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett again alleged that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph used a racial slur toward him just prior to the brawl at the end of their November game.

"He called me the N-word," Garrett told Outside The Lines' Mina Kimes during an interview that airs Thursday night on SportsCenter. "He called me a 'stupid N-word.'"

The NFL suspended Garrett indefinitely for ripping Rudolph's helmet off and hitting him in the head with it during the Browns' 21-7 win on Nov. 14. The incident ended up costing him the final six games of the regular season and roughly $1.2 million in pay, plus a fine of $45,623.

Garrett was reinstated by the league on Wednesday.

The star defensive player first a*serted during his appeals hearing for the suspension that Rudolph incited him with a racial slur, ESPN reported previously. Garrett later said he never intended for the accusation to become public, but added: "I know what I heard."

An NFL spokesman said the league "found no such evidence" that Rudolph used the slur and upheld the suspension.

Rudolph has called the allegation "totally untrue."

"I couldn't believe it," the quarterback said Nov. 24. "I couldn't believe he would go that route after the fact."

In Thursday's interview with ESPN, Garrett recounted a different version of events and blamed Rudolph for starting the f*ght that led to the discipline of 33 total players and fines amounting to $732,422.

"When he said it, it kind of sparked something, but I still tried to let it go and still walk away," Garrett said. "But once he came back, it kind of reignited the situation. And not only have you escalated things past what they needed to be with such little time in the game left, now you're trying to re-engage and start a f*ght again. It's definitely not entirely his fault, it's definitely both parties doing something that we shouldn't have been doing.

"I don't say the N-word, whether it's with 'a' [or] 'er.' To me personally, just shouldn't be said, and whether it's by family, friends, anyone. I don't want to use it because I don't want [people to] find that appropriate around me for anyone to use."

The Steelers ran a final play with eight seconds left on the clock. Rudolph initially tussled with Garrett on the ground, then charged at him after Garrett forcibly removed Rudolph's helmet. At that point, Garrett slugged Rudolph over the head with it.

The league fined the Browns and the Steelers $250,000 each. Without Garrett, Cleveland's defense cratered down the stretch en route to a 6-10 finish.

Reached for comment, the Steelers on Thursday deferred to their November statement, which read in part, "Mason vehemently denies the report of being accused of using a racial slur during the incident."

Rudolph's agent and attorney, Tim Younger, was unavailable for comment Thursday.

Last edited by theFREAK; 02-13-2020 at 10:50 PM..
+1   

best
worst
170 comments

1 week ago '19        #2
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
space
space
Props total: 47251 47 K  Slaps total: 33180 33 K

+50   

1 week ago '04        #3
cali22buck 
space
space
Props total: 1283 1 K  Slaps total: 254 254
Nagger?
+5   

1 week ago '10        #4
Frasier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13509 13 K  Slaps total: 14630 14 K
I believe him. Myles is a calm dude off the field, obviously that changes on the football field, but I don’t think he has a history of on field antics like that. Something had to of triggered him to unleash that type of anger.
+41   

1 week ago '07        #5
theFREAK  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34 OP
space
space
 cali22buck said
Nagger?

+21   

1 week ago '08        #6
italiansteve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 7739 7 K  Slaps total: 2023 2 K

+18   

1 week ago '09        #7
NLSP42  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 20560 20 K  Slaps total: 4003 4 K
No one else heard it
+4   

1 week ago '14        #8
Los Pollos 
space
space
Props total: 12459 12 K  Slaps total: 7384 7 K
Oh so this must mean he’s telling the truth now!

+2   

1 week ago '10        #9
space
space
 NLSP42 said
No one else heard it
People were yelling n sh*t. Plus, other than the people involved directly (Garrett and Rudolph) who else would say they heard it if they werenít 100% sure.

Has Garrett ever acted like that on a football field? Iím genuinely asking. Based on Garrettís history (what I know of it) these actions are way out of character for him.
+14   

1 week ago '09        #10
NLSP42  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 20560 20 K  Slaps total: 4003 4 K
 Frasier said
People were yelling n sh*t. Plus, other than the people involved directly (Garrett and Rudolph) who else would say they heard it if they werenít 100% sure.

Has Garrett ever acted like that on a football field? Iím genuinely asking. Based on Garrettís history (what I know of it) these actions are way out of character for him.
This is old news

The NFL already looked into this

Mason was micd up

His own teammates said he was lying
+23   

1 week ago '14        #11
Los Pollos 
space
space
 Frasier said
People were yelling n sh*t. Plus, other than the people involved directly (Garrett and Rudolph) who else would say they heard it if they weren’t 100% sure.

Has Garrett ever acted like that on a football field? I’m genuinely asking. Based on Garrett’s history (what I know of it) these actions are way out of character for him.
By that logic, when has Rudolph said or done anything racist? Him dropping n bombs is also “out of character”.

Not to mention no football player is dumb enough to do that in today’s climate when there’s always a mic around and you are surrounded by black teammates on your own fu*king team.

I think Rudolph sucks and he’s clearly a bi*ch, but nobody is THAT stupid.
+3   

1 week ago '10        #12
space
space
 Los Pollos said
By that logic, when has Rudolph said or done anything racist? Him dropping n bombs is also ďout of characterĒ.

Not to mention no football player is dumb enough to do that in todayís climate when thereís always a mic around and you are surrounded by black teammates on your own fu*king team.

I think Rudolph sucks and heís clearly a bi*ch, but nobody is THAT stupid.
Valid points. I forgot about there being mics everywhere.
+6   

1 week ago '10        #13
space
space
 NLSP42 said
This is old news

The NFL already looked into this

Mason was micd up

His own teammates said he was lying
Oh sh*t. Didnít know Rudolph himself was micíd up. Kinda makes Garrett look stupid if dude was micíd.
+9   

1 week ago '08        #14
italiansteve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 7739 7 K  Slaps total: 2023 2 K
BX morons will say there was a glitch in the microphone
+3   

1 week ago '17        #15
DonC 
space
space
space
Props total: 16354 16 K  Slaps total: 8800 8 K
 Los Pollos said
Oh so this must mean heís telling the truth now!

But doesnt mean he is lying either...

1 week ago '14        #16
Los Pollos 
space
space
 DonC said
But doesnt mean he is lying either...
True, but given the reasons I’ve already provided along with the fact that he waited quite a bit to come out with these accusations and his teammates didn’t even know anything about it until they came out this reeks of BS, hence all the Smollett comparisons....

1 week ago '16        #17
stop it 5 
space
space
Props total: 11369 11 K  Slaps total: 11184 11 K
myles garrett is saying thats his story and he's sticking to it

why would he change it now and admit he lied on the dude
+5   

1 week ago '07        #18
theFREAK  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34 OP
space
space
 italiansteve said

+3   

1 week ago '17        #19
DonC 
space
space
space
 Los Pollos said
True, but given the reasons Iíve already provided along with the fact that he waited quite a bit to come out with these accusations and his teammates didnít even know anything about it until they came out this reeks of BS, hence all the Smollett comparisons....
With hot stuff like this, I dont need to see any reason....simple common sense dictates that only the two know the truth!

Since we dont really know one way or the other, it's just best to leave things as they are...

Fact that he waited is circumstantial and not 100% proof.
+2   

1 week ago '08        #20
jtdatruth 
space
space
Props total: 2980 2 K  Slaps total: 316 316
 Los Pollos said
True, but given the reasons Iíve already provided along with the fact that he waited quite a bit to come out with these accusations and his teammates didnít even know anything about it until they came out this reeks of BS, hence all the Smollett comparisons....
In all fairness I believe it was Larry Ogunjobi who said Myles told him right after the incident that Mason said that. And if I'm remembering correctly didn't the NFL say that Mason himself wasn't mic'd but there were players on the field who were mic'd?

I don't think we'll ever know for sure what was or wasn't said besides the back and forth coming directly from Mason and Myles but as a black man I lean more towards believing Myles because I've personally had situations where white people get upset and that's the first thing that came out of their mouths at me.
+18   

1 week ago '14        #21
Los Pollos 
space
space
 DonC said
With hot stuff like this, I dont need to see any reason....simple common sense dictates that only the two know the truth!

Since we dont really know one way or the other, it's just best to leave things as they are...

Fact that he waited is circumstantial and not 100% proof.
You sound like somebody that was waiting for the facts to come out when Smollett was clearly lying.

If you donít know a blatant lie when you hear one, thatís on you.

Also, it isnít just that he waited. Like I said, his teammates didnít even know anything about it. Nobody is going to have all that happen and not at least tell their teammates why they reacted the way they did. That just doesnít happen.

1 week ago '19        #22
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 12274 12 K  Slaps total: 3284 3 K
If all else fails pull the race card to play victim, only keyboard activists believed him

1 week ago '04        #23
jumpman2304 
space
space
Props total: 8420 8 K  Slaps total: 1665 1 K
 Frasier said
I believe him. Myles is a calm dude off the field, obviously that changes on the football field, but I donít think he has a history of on field antics like that. Something had to of triggered him to unleash that type of anger.
But he waited weeks to admit he said that? Nah . Donít believe it .

Oh lemme guess , Iím racist, Iím siding with mason ..

1 week ago '17        #24
DonC 
space
space
space
 Los Pollos said
You sound like somebody that was waiting for the facts to come out when Smollett was clearly lying.

If you donít know a blatant lie when you hear one, thatís on you.

Also, it isnít just that he waited. Like I said, his teammates didnít even know anything about it. Nobody is going to have all that happen and not at least tell their teammates why they reacted the way they did. That just doesnít happen.
No dummy, smollett sh*t didnt add up from the get go....but bc smollett went awry doesnt mean G was lying too. And what you laid down is what we call circumstantial...meaning he didnt "act" like someone who got called the N word. But legally...just because he didnt act that way is not proof that he is lying...lol
+1   

1 week ago '14        #25
Los Pollos 
space
space
 DonC said
No dummy, smollett sh*t didnt add up from the get go....but bc smollett went awry doesnt mean G was lying too. And what you laid down is what we call circumstantial...meaning he didnt "act" like someone who got called the N word. But legally...just because he didnt act that way is not proof that he is lying...lol
You know what I find funny? If this were a woman lying on a man with similar context people like yourself would see it for what it is.

But since it’s not, your bias is showing.

I have no dog in this f*ght. I like Garrett. I can’t stand the Steelers and Rudolph is a f*g**t.

There are just too many red flags. Dude is lying.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+88online now  35
Image(s) inside Husband Plucks 4 Teeth From Wifeís Mouth After Discovering His 3 Child..
196 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  22
Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II @9PM ET 2/22 PPV
3168 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+85online now  22
Idiot prefers a Rolex and chain over a rental property
105 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Feb 22 - drug dealer loses $60 million in bitcoin...when landlord threw his co..
60 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy