Weekly dose of real estate investing

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

3 weeks ago '16        #26
Tyty 
space
space
space
Props total: 105 105  Slaps total: 3 3
 Usd2bDrich409 said
How exactly are you looking to invest bro and what's stopping you from taking action now?
I working on getting my credit to at least 730

I’m going to be investing in 6 and up unit building’s
In NJ NY and CT
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #27
Usd2bDrich409  OP
space
space
Props total: 2055 2 K  Slaps total: 72 72
 scondini said
This more of a general question about the game, but would you say that wholesaling/ contract a*signment is as good of a strategy to get that capital up in the short term as a lot of these investors online make it seem? It seems relatively low risk but I feel like a lot of these gurus gloss over the legal/paperwork aspects
When it comes to wholesaling, it definitely is a good start especially if you don't want to spend any money or don't have much money to spend. It certainly is low risk in a sense. There is one main con to it though...EVERYONE is doing it. The market is saturated as hell so you have to hustle your a*s off to find a deal. You have people like my boy who has a wholesale company with about 20 people doing nothing, but calling people across Texas and other parts of the country daily. He is damn successful, but he also puts like $8000-12,000 per month into his marketing making it hard for the average person to compete. Not saying it can't be done, just know it's an uphill battle. If you want to PM me I can go over the paperwork side of it with you. Always remember your paperwork makes your $PAPER WORK$.
+5   

3 weeks ago '16        #28
Usd2bDrich409  OP
space
space
 Tyty said
I working on getting my credit to at least 730

I’m going to be investing in 6 and up unit building’s
In NJ NY and CT
Just a thought here, but ask the owners of the buildings if they would be willing to owner finance the properties to you. One thing you will realize as you are growing in real estate investing is that you only have so much credit that will be able to be utilized when it comes to getting properties, especially when first starting out. Also, check out ways you can utilize OPM to take these deals down while offering a return to your investors that is better than what they are getting from either the stock market or their 401k.

Find a company in your area that deals with people with self directed IRA's. Typically they have meetings once or twice a month that their members go too. Go to that meeting, shake hands, rub shoulders, and introduce yourself as a real estate investor and see if they would like to be notified to be a potential passive investor when you have a deal. You'd be surprised the amount of people looking to throw money at you.
+4   

3 weeks ago '18        #29
S-Class 
space
space
Props total: 21755 21 K  Slaps total: 2395 2 K
Ima read this later

3 weeks ago '09        #30
memphis773 
space
space
space
Props total: 1 1  Slaps total: 0 0
Thanks bro for the information. The next question I have is how do find these properties and owners
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #31
southpawdachamp 
space
space
Props total: 5914 5 K  Slaps total: 1150 1 K
 memphis773 said
Thanks bro for the information. The next question I have is how do find these properties and owners
This.
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #32
Usd2bDrich409  OP
space
space
 masterjay101 said
Im looking to invest in the real estate game in Fl.. thinking of multi family housing... was looking at crowdfunding to lower my risk. Kind of nervous about it tho! I like knowing everything I can about something before investing in it, which is why i haven't invested just yet!
Florida is an excellent market to be in! I'm currently working on an 8 unit with my mentor out in Fort Lauderdale and some single family homes in Orlando and Tampa. Through networking I was able to get plugged in to a guy that was looking for homes to use for home health care. He paying $1500/room per month on 5yr leases. So I have been creative financing my a*s off the past 5 months acquiring properties strictly for him to utilize. Of course in home health care he probably making $5000-8000/mth per room so that amount is minimal to him.

When it comes to crowdfunding. You HAVE to know your numbers backwards and forwards. You are right to be nervous especially if you have never done it before on a large project using other people's money. Your prospectus is going to have to be on point. In this game your reputation is everything and one wrong deal that involve a lot of people can fu*k you. As a carpenter would say, measure twice cut once. If I were in your shoes I would probably seek out an experienced investor/mentor in that area and partner with them on the deal. Experience is going to be your best teacher. You may not make as much on it had you done it by yourself, but something is better than nothing. Plus the experience alone will be more valuable than anything you read on here, and book you read, any podcast you listen too, or any youtube video you watch. Plus you will be able to network well with others. As you grow in real estate you will notice that you net worth is typically directly relational to your network. Best of luck brotha...and don't wait...JUST DO IT.

+4   

3 weeks ago '16        #33
Usd2bDrich409  OP
space
space
 memphis773 said
That's an whole 'nother training bro. I go about it and market several different ways. Until I post that training on here I will send you a PM and we can talk offline because it will be lengthy

3 weeks ago '16        #34
Usd2bDrich409  OP
space
space
 southpawdachamp said
This.
I'll send you a PM bro.

3 weeks ago '15        #35
abcxyz 
space
space
Props total: 2256 2 K  Slaps total: 717 717
Thank you @Usb2bDrich409 for the post. Add me for any future ones. Would love to see more like this.

+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #36
masterjay101  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 7211 7 K  Slaps total: 2248 2 K
 Usd2bDrich409 said
Florida is an excellent market to be in! I'm currently working on an 8 unit with my mentor out in Fort Lauderdale and some single family homes in Orlando and Tampa. Through networking I was able to get plugged in to a guy that was looking for homes to use for home health care. He paying $1500/room per month on 5yr leases. So I have been creative financing my a*s off the past 5 months acquiring properties strictly for him to utilize. Of course in home health care he probably making $5000-8000/mth per room so that amount is minimal to him.

When it comes to crowdfunding. You HAVE to know your numbers backwards and forwards. You are right to be nervous especially if you have never done it before on a large project using other people's money. Your prospectus is going to have to be on point. In this game your reputation is everything and one wrong deal that involve a lot of people can fu*k you. As a carpenter would say, measure twice cut once. If I were in your shoes I would probably seek out an experienced investor/mentor in that area and partner with them on the deal. Experience is going to be your best teacher. You may not make as much on it had you done it by yourself, but something is better than nothing. Plus the experience alone will be more valuable than anything you read on here, and book you read, any podcast you listen too, or any youtube video you watch. Plus you will be able to network well with others. As you grow in real estate you will notice that you net worth is typically directly relational to your network. Best of luck brotha...and don't wait...JUST DO IT.

Thank you for the advice bro! Much appreciated!!

When we become Millionaires we’ll link up for a drink!! Hopefully sooner than later!
+3   

3 weeks ago '17        #37
Hex 
space
space
Props total: 3161 3 K  Slaps total: 112 112
Add me to the list.
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #38
Realestatemane 
space
space
space
Props total: 1414 1 K  Slaps total: 199 199
Props
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #39
Usd2bDrich409  OP
space
space
 DJdidit said
Same bro!

I've always loved the idea of subject to, have yet to do one. It's a lot of responsibility, especially with it still being in someone else's name. I almost want to do it with a house in like, the mid west or something just because in some places I've seen houses where the mortgage payment is 4-500 bucks a month. Definitely feel more comfortable there than in Seattle
Sub to's are great bro and an excellent source of passive income when dispositioned correctly. It most certainly is a lot of responsibility, but that is why you make sure you have your paperwork in order as well as keep some of that excess money from the down payment left in a capital reserves account in the event you need to pay for a month or 2 yourself. Doing it with a house that has a lower mortgage does mitigate some of your risks, but at the same time, big CALCULATED risk....big reward. All you gotta do is start taking action.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #40
Patrickcs 
space
space
Props total: 19 19  Slaps total: 5 5
Yoooo.. can you add me to that list? Planning on investing in a couple rentals within the next two year. Appreciate all the info. I'm up in Canada, but I'm sure some of the tactics and tricks can be used here. I always say, f*uck working. Your a*sets and cash flow should be making you the $$$.
+2   

3 weeks ago '11        #41
winning2011 
space
space
Props total: 1409 1 K  Slaps total: 354 354
Add me to the roll call breh, I’m a wholesaler
+2   

3 weeks ago '11        #42
funnysht 
space
space
space
Props total: 1 1  Slaps total: 0 0
Good post op!
Add me to roll call too
Any research links you can share for us looking to do work in Canada?
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #43
Usd2bDrich409  OP
space
space
 funnysht said
Good post op!
Add me to roll call too
Any research links you can share for us looking to do work in Canada?
I honestly don't know the Canadian market or real estate laws like that, but I've gotten questioned on it a couple times since starting these threads so I'm taking it upon myself to learn more about it so that I can adequately provide accurate reaponses.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #44
datguyjr 
space
space
Props total: 3925 3 K  Slaps total: 709 709
Props, add me to your roll call
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #45
Txheat 
space
space
space
Props total: 17424 17 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
 Usd2bDrich409 said
Just a thought here, but ask the owners of the buildings if they would be willing to owner finance the properties to you. One thing you will realize as you are growing in real estate investing is that you only have so much credit that will be able to be utilized when it comes to getting properties, especially when first starting out. Also, check out ways you can utilize OPM to take these deals down while offering a return to your investors that is better than what they are getting from either the stock market or their 401k.

Find a company in your area that deals with people with self directed IRA's. Typically they have meetings once or twice a month that their members go too. Go to that meeting, shake hands, rub shoulders, and introduce yourself as a real estate investor and see if they would like to be notified to be a potential passive investor when you have a deal. You'd be surprised the amount of people looking to throw money at you.
Would you happen to know if any companies in the Houston area that deal with self directed IRA’s?

Add me to the roll call as well.

2 weeks ago '16        #46
Usd2bDrich409  OP
space
space
 Txheat said
Would you happen to know if any companies in the Houston area that deal with self directed IRA’s?

Add me to the roll call as well.
Quest Trust Company in the H is like the godfather when it comes to self directed IRA's. They drop valuable info all the time, typically have the most meetups, and have some people with some deep a*s pockets. Plus they teach a lot of sh*t real estate related. They be having weekend boot camps that typically center around people who want to invest their money in real estate.
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #47
pnostarr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 5924 5 K  Slaps total: 2124 2 K
 Usd2bDrich409 said
Aye bro, come to the thread with positivity or get the fu*k off of it. Did I spell all of that correctly? I'm fu*king with you. I know the difference between to, too, and two. Good to see another fellow investor on here. Let's JV some deals. I'm working Texas, Florida, and New Mexico currently.

peace... im working midwest right now. ran some campaigns in houston and orlando area, but no deals in that area yet. how long you been investing?
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #48
pnostarr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 5924 5 K  Slaps total: 2124 2 K
 JacobWatch said
If he was trying to teach you english, maybe I'd agree with you.

But when it comes to real estate, theres a lot of people making real money but english isn't their first language so mistakes like the one you pointed out are quite common

Sometimes you gotta look past the extra 'o' to get the extra '0'

its all good fam.. peace

2 weeks ago '08        #49
LegalTrappeRx 
space
space
Props total: 530 530  Slaps total: 25 25
Add me to that the list bro. I’m trying to get into wholesale in my area. I want to learn everything that I possibly can about real estate.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #50
336db336boy336 
space
space
Props total: 752 752  Slaps total: 310 310
@ THANKS for the knowledge boss. I'm down here in N.C. and I want to get some muti family units, and affordable living spaces for the elderly in the next few years. I want to get to the point where I have a consistent cash flow/ passive income coming in. Plz add me to the roll call 4 the new drops

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  33
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
86 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  30
Diddy lied to biggie mom after his death
76 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  29
Image(s) inside Damon Dash Sues Rachel Roy for Fraud