Looking at money differently

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x3   |  0 bx goons and 3 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 weeks ago '04        #26
Ace2125 
space
space
Props total: 2274 2 K  Slaps total: 380 380
 pnoi89 said
Running back to Warren Buffet:

“[Gold] gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again, and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility.”
- Warren Buffet

In other words, it's a resource that's purely speculative and as a result, extremely volatile, though I agree that in our own young lifetime, the appreciate of metals has spiked.

I know I stated past performance doesn't yield future results, I'd rather gamble on a progressive curve over time and something that can be measured and analyzed (e.g. real estate, market performance, etc.) vs. like I said earlier, something you just buy and hold based on speculation.

Since 1933, you're right, Gold has appreciated more than 4000%, but it wasn't some progressive increase over time, but massive ups and downs. For comparison, below is also a historic chart of the S&P 500, which despite the recessions, Great Depression, etc., is a progression over time and not as volatile compared to both precious metals and crypto.

S&P Historic Chart:

Source:

Gold Chart:

Source:

Housing Market:

Source:

For the housing market, you can see the obvious correction that happen per the 2008 Recession, but again, a progression over time.

Why are men guarding something that's dug out the ground? Because its valuable. Warren isn't the only investor in the world. They are plenty of investors who buy gold who are very successful. There is always speculation in any market that's why most ppl don't invest. Also Warren has a monopoly on stocks so he doesn't have to buy gold or any other a*set.

All I want ppl to take from this is to buy something of value because cash loses value. Buying sh*t that depreciate in value will keep you poor

Last edited by Ace2125; 01-28-2020 at 06:32 PM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #27
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 30530 30 K  Slaps total: 4055 4 K
 pnoi89 said
For sure, but beyond that, I'm personally not convinced on the benefits on crypto (though I do invest no more than ~5% overall a*sets excluding real estate) due to the volatility. As for precious metals, I have a similar view as Warren Buffet as people that buy and hold things that doesn't work itself in any way:

“[Gold] gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again, and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility.”
- Warren Buffet

But that's just me and I don't fault anyone's investment strategies, such as collectors who've banked from collecting memorabilia over time, striking gold with crypto, etc.
Most people invest, just to say that they have investments
Like every other aspect in life, they won’t succeed

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 01-28-2020 at 07:58 PM..

3 weeks ago '16        #28
popogogo 
space
space
Props total: 20365 20 K  Slaps total: 805 805
 pnoi89 said
So wait, the way you're describing your hourly rate is based on 24 hours, 365 days?

So right now, your site is bringing in $28.75 / hour, or $28.75 * 24 * 365 = $251,850 in revenue? If so, regardless of what your net profit, that is an incredible feat in itself, especially for purely digital products.... What digital products do you sell, if you don't mind me asking?
Yep.

I sell white label content that Instagram, Twitter and Youtube personalities can take and re-brand as their own.

I have a team in the Philippines that constantly creates around 50 gigabytes of content for about $450 a month.

Recipes, workout videos, weight loss, make money, dating, spiritual etc...
I sell direct through a site and pull leads mostly from Instagram.
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #29
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 13010 13 K  Slaps total: 1476 1 K
 Ace2125 said
Why are men guarding something that's dug out the ground? Because its valuable. Warren isn't the only investor in the world. They are plenty of investors who buy gold who are very successful. There is always speculation in any market that's why most ppl don't invest. Also Warren has a monopoly on stocks so he doesn't have to buy gold or any other a*set.

All I want ppl to take from this is to buy something of value because cash loses value. Buying sh*t that depreciate in value will keep you poor
The value of gold is measured off what? It's a finite resource that literally sits there. The value is also measured on speculation on the supply / demand. Gold doesn't do any work.... at all that can be measured. There are also plenty of investors that got success day trading penny stocks, MLM's, etc., but the investments are high risk and highly volatile, like I stated already....

Warren's investing strategy is to ride the market and avoid stock picking. Despite his successes with Berkshire, it's been proven over countless studies that riding the market is a higher chance of success, aka index investing. And that's the key, better gamble. Sure, there are even lower risks such as investing in bonds, but the returns are complete sh*t.

And yeah, holding cash without it being held in some sort of high yield account to hedge against inflation is taking an L too, but I never mentioned hoarding cash as an investment at any point in this thread. Since you mentioned cash, the only time this makes sense if you're cashing out on banking bonuses that can easily yield 10-20% by moving cash around, or holding it in the highest yield savings / checking account if you're foreseeing to use the cash for other investments and purchases.

Look, I said this earlier in the thread before: I'm not sh*tting on investors that choose to invest in crypto and gold... It's simply not for me for my stated reasons already: Historic charts clearly show high volatility and though that the past performance doesn't yield future results, I'd rather gamble much, much more heavily on the market's gradual climb with corrections based on the past 90 or so years' performance to continue that trend, than investing heavy in high risk volatile investments like crypto and precious metals.

I don't believe my investments will make me boat and hoes rich, but I believe the slow pace wealth building I'm doing will have me more than comfortable and a millionaire over time. My investing strategy is mainly to do with making as much income as possible and saving as much of it as possible for investments, as opposed to relying on luck to "strike gold" with an investment such as a high risk investment in an individual stock or 2, or crypto. I'm not a believer of the millionaire over night, as that's basically a lottery ticket, in my eyes.

Last edited by pnoi89; 01-29-2020 at 11:05 AM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #30
Ace2125 
space
space
 pnoi89 said
The value of gold is measured off what? It's a finite resource that literally sits there. The value is also measured on speculation on the supply / demand. Gold doesn't do any work.... at all that can be measured. There are also plenty of investors that got success day trading penny stocks, MLM's, etc., but the investments are high risk and highly volatile, like I stated already....

Warren's investing strategy is to ride the market and avoid stock picking. Despite his successes with Berkshire, it's been proven over countless studies that riding the market is a higher chance of success, aka index investing. And that's the key, better gamble. Sure, there are even lower risks such as investing in bonds, but the returns are complete sh*t.

And yeah, holding cash without it being held in some sort of high yield account to hedge against inflation is taking an L too, but I never mentioned hoarding cash as an investment at any point in this thread. Since you mentioned cash, the only time this makes sense if you're cashing out on banking bonuses that can easily yield 10-20% by moving cash around, or holding it in the highest yield savings / checking account if you're foreseeing to use the cash for other investments and purchases.

Look, I said this earlier in the thread before: I'm not sh*tting on investors that choose to invest in crypto and gold... It's simply not for me for my stated reasons already: Historic charts clearly show high volatility and though that the past performance doesn't yield future results, I'd rather gamble much, much more heavily on the market's gradual climb with corrections based on the past 90 or so years' performance to continue that trend, than investing heavy in high risk volatile investments like crypto and precious metals.

I don't believe my investments will make me boat and hoes rich, but I believe the slow pace wealth building I'm doing will have me more than comfortable and a millionaire over time. My investing strategy is mainly to do with making as much income as possible and saving as much of it as possible for investments, as opposed to relying on luck to "strike gold" with an investment such as a high risk investment in an individual stock or 2, or crypto. I'm not a believer of the millionaire over night, as that's basically a lottery ticket, in my eyes.

Gold its valued because it's rare compared to fica money. Got damn relax dude you are writing a essay to me like im you English teacher

3 weeks ago '05        #31
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 13010 13 K  Slaps total: 1476 1 K
 Ace2125 said
Gold its valued because it's rare compared to fica money. Got damn relax dude you are writing a essay to me like im you English teacher
I dig deep into topics I'm passionate about, which is investing, so I prefer to be knowledgeable on the topic, especially if I'm putting a lot of a*sets at risk. If you had $100k to invest, would you simply invest it in crypto and precious metals?
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #32
Ace2125 
space
space
 pnoi89 said
I dig deep into topics I'm passionate about, which is investing, so I prefer to be knowledgeable on the topic, especially if I'm putting a lot of a*sets at risk. If you had $100k to invest, would you simply invest it in crypto and precious metals?
I wouldn't do that

3 weeks ago '04        #33
space
space

3 weeks ago '04        #34
Ace2125 
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said
enlighten us. what so funny

2 weeks ago '04        #35
bmack940 
space
space
Props total: 976 976  Slaps total: 81 81
 popogogo said
Yep.

I sell white label content that Instagram, Twitter and Youtube personalities can take and re-brand as their own.

I have a team in the Philippines that constantly creates around 50 gigabytes of content for about $450 a month.

Recipes, workout videos, weight loss, make money, dating, spiritual etc...
I sell direct through a site and pull leads mostly from Instagram.
Thatís interesting bro. So your team in the Philippines is, for example, making workout/fitness videos? Are you handling the rebranding or are your clients savy enough to rebrand on their own?
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #36
popogogo 
space
space
Props total: 20365 20 K  Slaps total: 805 805
 bmack940 said
Thatís interesting bro. So your team in the Philippines is, for example, making workout/fitness videos? Are you handling the rebranding or are your clients savy enough to rebrand on their own?
I have multiple packages you can buy.
With the entry level level packages I give links to software you can use to water mark the videos and photos with your branding info plus a tutorial on how to do the rebranding.
These programs have free trials you can use with the option to upgrade to a paid version.

With the 3$$ + packages, I buy the software myself and give them the serial numbers to unlock the water marking programs.

Thinking about getting my own software made that i'll give away or sell that does the rebranding fro them.

Right now split testing lots of stuff to see what works.

2 weeks ago '04        #37
space
space
 Ace2125 said
enlighten us. what so funny
You, n*gga

1 week ago '04        #38
Ace2125 
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said
You, n*gga
because i wouldnt take 100k to put it in just gold and crypto? You fake smart n*gga with one quote u read in one book a*s n*gga.

1 week ago '04        #39
space
space
 Ace2125 said
because i wouldnt take 100k to put it in just gold and crypto? You fake smart n*gga with one quote u read in one book a*s n*gga.
You're a joke b/c of everything you've posted in this thread. Not what you're talking about specifically
You're just some ghetto dude who wants to feel like he's making moves. Anyone who makes real money can see you for what you really are, which is why your little investments are being picked at
Your ghetto pride causes you to keep responding and looking stupid, b/c ultimately, you don't have the brain or resources to make any smart moves

1 week ago '04        #40
Ace2125 
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said
You're a joke b/c of everything you've posted in this thread. Not what you're talking about specifically
You're just some ghetto dude who wants to feel like he's making moves. Anyone who makes real money can see you for what you really are, which is why your little investments are being picked at
Your ghetto pride causes you to keep responding and looking stupid, b/c ultimately, you don't have the brain or resources to make any smart moves
Crypto is in a bull run dumbass thats why im buying you clown online bi*ch. Stop a*suming sh*t because i only mentioned a few of my moves.

1 week ago '04        #41
space
space
 Ace2125 said
Crypto is in a bull run dumbass thats why im buying you clown online bi*ch. Stop a*suming sh*t because i only mentioned a few of my moves.
Whatever Quanterrius

1 week ago '16        #42
Boogersugar 
space
space
Props total: 30957 30 K  Slaps total: 3832 3 K
 Tastemaker331 said
You yourself said your metal investment wasn’t making you money LMAO. Living proof of this universal law
Before you get in your emotions, a lot of wealthy men teach the role of everyone. MJ Demarco discusses it in his book, and on his forum all the time
If there is a low barrier of entry, it’s not possible for it to be profitable to the majority. If that wasn’t the reality, most people would be rich, including you

Too many Black men try to dismiss something as “dumb”, because they don’t like the reality of the situation. The only one who loses is you though
Not true. Market funds have a low barrier to entry and anyone can use them to almost certainly become a millionaire with discipline and 20 or 30 years of compound interest.

Don't avoid investments just because they're not exotic. Examine the opportunity. Some common investments are pretty strong and it's only people's sh*tty savings rates that keeps them from taking full advantage

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  36
Diddy lied to biggie mom after his death
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  33
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
86 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+20online now  29
Image(s) inside Damon Dash Sues Rachel Roy for Fraud
67 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
Feb 16 - Man who works on 5g towers exposes the Dangers to Come