Looking at money differently

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
19 comments @hiphop

section  x5   |  0 bx goons and 5 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

1 month ago '19        #1
5051 page views
41 comments

48laws  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 5021 5 K  Slaps total: 478 478
Looking at money differently

+24   

best
worst
41 comments

1 month ago '14        #2
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 34982 34 K  Slaps total: 6101 6 K
I already think of money differently because most people see $2 as just two bucks that can buy something that cost two dollars or less but i see $2 as a Powerball ticket or Mega Millions ticket that can turn me into a multi millionaire or even a multi billionaire depending on how big the jackpot is.

The evil people in charge want us all to just be submissive content worker bees who are ashamed if we don't go home dripping in sweat 5 days a week and exhausted until you are in your sixties and retire and then die just like the other millions of people who lived that exact same life you just did. People born into wealth have no shame about it but if you don't have a hard job then you should somehow feel like less of a man. They do the same thing with the military you should feel like less of a real man if you didn't "serve" your country.

Powerball Jackpot for Wed, Jan 22, 2020
$343,000,000

Mega Millions Jackpot for Fri, Jan 24, 2020
$130,000,000

Last edited by titans7; 01-22-2020 at 03:18 PM..
+11   

1 month ago '19        #3
48laws  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
Props total: 5021 5 K  Slaps total: 478 478
 titans7 said
I already think of money differently because most people see $2 as just two bucks that can buy something that cost two dollars or less but i see $2 as a Powerball ticket or Mega Millions ticket that can turn me into a multi millionaire or even a multi billionaire depending on how big the jackpot is.

The evil people in charge want us all to just be submissive content worker bees who are ashamed if we don't go home dripping in sweat 5 days a week and exhausted until you are in your sixties and retire and then die just like the other millions of people who lived that exact same life you just did. People born into wealth have no shame about it but if you don't have a hard job then you should somehow feel like less of a man. They do the same thing with the military you should feel like less of a real man if you didn't "serve" your country.

$343,000,000

$130,000,000
Interesting way to look at it, never thought about it that way. Considering how much money I spend on frivolous things everyday, $2 isn't that much for a chance, even though that chance is microscopic
+11   

1 month ago '04        #4
Ace2125 
space
space
Props total: 2277 2 K  Slaps total: 380 380
I look at money different because i stopped buying so many sneakers. Now I'm buying books, crypto, and precious metals.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #5
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 13165 13 K  Slaps total: 1483 1 K
 Ace2125 said
I look at money different because i stopped buying so many sneakers. Now I'm buying books, crypto, and precious metals.
Do you invest outside of just crypto and precious metals?
+1   

1 month ago '04        #6
Ace2125 
space
space
 pnoi89 said
No. Why you ask
+1   

1 month ago '05        #7
pnoi89 
space
space
 Ace2125 said
No. Why you ask
I just find it interesting.

How long have you been investing and have your investments appreciated so far?
+1   

1 month ago '04        #8
Ace2125 
space
space
 pnoi89 said
I just find it interesting.

How long have you been investing and have your investments appreciated so far?
Precious metals are to counter inflation so not really in it to make a bunch of money there. Crypto on the other hand has went 30% since my initial investment. I plan on that to go up even more
+1   

1 month ago '04        #9
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 30897 30 K  Slaps total: 4080 4 K
That’s the mode of thought of a business owner

pnoi89 said

I’ve noticed that ALOT of people hold those type of investments
I’m sure you know about the “Law of Everybody”
+1   

1 month ago '05        #10
YoungHope 
space
space
Props total: 3682 3 K  Slaps total: 412 412
 titans7 said

$343,000,000

$130,000,000
A wise man told me lottery is just an extra tax on people who don't know math

Chance of winning = 1 in 302.6 million

Last edited by YoungHope; 01-27-2020 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Typo
+5   

1 month ago '17        #11
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 37931 37 K  Slaps total: 5839 5 K
Invest Many into yourself

Pay for schools and certifications

For most people their active income will be their best income

But yes sales help a lot
+2   

1 month ago '04        #12
Ace2125 
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said

What does that mean?

1 month ago '04        #13
space
space
 Ace2125 said
What does that mean?
It’s means sh*t that involves everyone doesn’t make (real) money

1 month ago '04        #14
Ace2125 
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said
It’s means sh*t that involves everyone doesn’t make (real) money
n*ggas like sounding smart but dumb as fu*k.

1 month ago '04        #15
space
space
 Ace2125 said
n*ggas like sounding smart but dumb as fu*k.
You yourself said your metal investment wasn’t making you money LMAO. Living proof of this universal law
Before you get in your emotions, a lot of wealthy men teach the role of everyone. MJ Demarco discusses it in his book, and on his forum all the time
If there is a low barrier of entry, it’s not possible for it to be profitable to the majority. If that wasn’t the reality, most people would be rich, including you

Too many Black men try to dismiss something as “dumb”, because they don’t like the reality of the situation. The only one who loses is you though

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 01-27-2020 at 11:04 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '04        #16
Ace2125 
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said
You yourself said your metal investment wasn’t making you money LMAO. Living proof of this universal law
Before you get in your emotions, a lot of wealthy men teach the role of everyone. MJ Demarco discusses it in his book, and on his forum all the time
If there is a low barrier of entry, it’s not possible for it to be profitable to the majority. If that wasn’t the reality, most people would be rich, including you

Too many Black men try to dismiss something as “dumb”, because they don’t like the reality of the situation. The only one who loses is you though
That's why I said try to sound smart. Everyone wouldn't get rich because everyone dont invest. Investing isnt about getting rich and no one mention anything about getting rich

1 month ago '16        #17
Psuedomorph X 
space
space
space
Props total: 5093 5 K  Slaps total: 643 643
 48laws said
Interesting way to look at it, never thought about it that way. Considering how much money I spend on frivolous things everyday, $2 isn't that much for a chance, even though that chance is microscopic
That buck that bought a bottle, could’ve struck the lotto...

+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #18
space
space
 Ace2125 said
That's why I said try to sound smart. Everyone wouldn't get rich because everyone dont invest. Investing isnt about getting rich and no one mention anything about getting rich

The n*gga in you just had to coin a response
Do you my dawg

4 weeks ago '05        #19
pnoi89 
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said

For sure, but beyond that, I'm personally not convinced on the benefits on crypto (though I do invest no more than ~5% overall a*sets excluding real estate) due to the volatility. As for precious metals, I have a similar view as Warren Buffet as people that buy and hold things that doesn't work itself in any way:

“[Gold] gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again, and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility.”
- Warren Buffet

But that's just me and I don't fault anyone's investment strategies, such as collectors who've banked from collecting memorabilia over time, striking gold with crypto, etc.
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #20
popogogo 
space
space
Props total: 20481 20 K  Slaps total: 805 805
I have a site that sells digital products.

The goal is to sell $115 worth of product per hour.

$115 x 24 = $2,760 a day.

$2,760 x 365 = $1,007,400 a year passively.

Right now I average about $28.75 an hour.

About 25% of my goal, but it makes a really nice amount of money when you think about it!

I plan to figure out what needs to happen to get it to $1,000,000 a year and then rinse and repeat and build more websites.

4 weeks ago '05        #21
pnoi89 
space
space
 popogogo said
I have a site that sells digital products.

The goal is to sell $115 worth of product per hour.

$115 x 24 = $2,760 a day.

$2,760 x 365 = $1,007,400 a year passively.

Right now I average about $28.75 an hour.

About 25% of my goal, but it makes a really nice amount of money when you think about it!

I plan to figure out what needs to happen to get it to $1,000,000 a year and then rinse and repeat and build more websites.

So wait, the way you're describing your hourly rate is based on 24 hours, 365 days?

So right now, your site is bringing in $28.75 / hour, or $28.75 * 24 * 365 = $251,850 in revenue? If so, regardless of what your net profit, that is an incredible feat in itself, especially for purely digital products.... What digital products do you sell, if you don't mind me asking?
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #22
Ace2125 
space
space
 pnoi89 said
For sure, but beyond that, I'm personally not convinced on the benefits on crypto (though I do invest no more than ~5% overall a*sets excluding real estate) due to the volatility. As for precious metals, I have a similar view as Warren Buffet as people that buy and hold things that doesn't work itself in any way:

“[Gold] gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again, and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility.”
- Warren Buffet

But that's just me and I don't fault anyone's investment strategies, such as collectors who've banked from collecting memorabilia over time, striking gold with crypto, etc.
I understand why you wouldn't put much money in crypto. The swings are crazy and scary that's why I like buying it(most ppl buy what's safe). I understand that there is no way we can continue with a fica currency. Crypto to me is like the future of money

4 weeks ago '05        #23
pnoi89 
space
space
 Ace2125 said
I understand why you wouldn't put much money in crypto. The swings are crazy and scary that's why I like buying it(most ppl buy what's safe). I understand that there is no way we can continue with a fica currency. Crypto to me is like the future of money
That's the thing, the future isn't now, just like alternative energy options (e.g. wind, solar, etc.) may be the future, but the future isn't now, so I'm sticking with what's working at the moment (aka my career revolves around oil & gas, instead of jumping into the industry for its competitors like solar). That's the same way I feel about crypto. I'm heavily invested in real estate and the market, as it's been proven, though I completely understand that past performance doesn't yield future results, the risk is much better than the unknown (e.g. crypto, precious metals, etc.)

4 weeks ago '04        #24
Ace2125 
space
space
 pnoi89 said
That's the thing, the future isn't now, just like alternative energy options (e.g. wind, solar, etc.) may be the future, but the future isn't now, so I'm sticking with what's working at the moment (aka my career revolves around oil & gas, instead of jumping into the industry for its competitors like solar). That's the same way I feel about crypto. I'm heavily invested in real estate and the market, as it's been proven, though I completely understand that past performance doesn't yield future results, the risk is much better than the unknown (e.g. crypto, precious metals, etc.)

Precious metals has went up like 4000% since we switched off the gold standard. That's way more than real estate. But I agree with you on everything else

4 weeks ago '05        #25
pnoi89 
space
space
 Ace2125 said
Precious metals has went up like 4000% since we switched off the gold standard. That's way more than real estate. But I agree with you on everything else
Running back to Warren Buffet:

- Warren Buffet

In other words, it's a resource that's purely speculative and as a result, extremely volatile, though I agree that in our own young lifetime, the appreciate of metals has spiked.

I know I stated past performance doesn't yield future results, I'd rather gamble on a progressive curve over time and something that can be measured and analyzed (e.g. real estate, market performance, etc.) vs. like I said earlier, something you just buy and hold based on speculation.

Since 1933, you're right, Gold has appreciated more than 4000%, but it wasn't some progressive increase over time, but massive ups and downs. For comparison, below is also a historic chart of the S&P 500, which despite the recessions, Great Depression, etc., is a progression over time and not as volatile compared to both precious metals and crypto.

S&P Historic Chart:

Source:

Gold Chart:

Source:

Housing Market:

Source:

For the housing market, you can see the obvious correction that happen per the 2008 Recession, but again, a progression over time.

Last edited by pnoi89; 01-28-2020 at 04:12 PM..
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-36online now  48
Snoop Dogg throws Tupac under the bus on Red Table Talk interview with Jada Pi..
194 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-94online now  46
Did Tyson Fury cheat by having something in his gloves?
116 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  18
Feb 26 - dallas serial killer caught 14 bodies....could be responsible for 100..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+39online now  13
Video inside Boskoe100: "La gangs kill other Blacks but Talk it out wit Mexicans)
173 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy