Oh What a Time.......To be hustler (IT Field)

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 weeks ago '06        #251
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
Props total: 3178 3 K  Slaps total: 219 219
 Good Guy Ry said
Been on JS based studies since late '16 but been slacking and lost motivation for damn near a year now. I appreciate everyone in here giving me the motivation to get back to my Tech hustle.
It's where the money's at bro...

get in where ya fit in and get your peice

3 weeks ago '18        #252
mushrooms 
space
space
space
Props total: 2279 2 K  Slaps total: 250 250
 M2CEO said
Dev Ops Full Stack Cloud is the new go to at the moment with AWS being adopted by pretty much every Enterprise or startup IT company.

I'm looking to learn CI/CD with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible

Also Kubernetes.

Salary for a Dev Ops Engineer is easily 6figs

$120k+
Good looking out. Quick question for anyone really. I just started studying I finished a basic intro course ( just basic computer sh*t barely )
As a beginner can I go ahead and take a course solely on this and be able to understand what’s going on.
If so any courses you recommend. I found a couple on Udemy for cheap.

Edit. Also thinking about python or c+ to begin

Thanks in advance

Last edited by mushrooms; 01-31-2020 at 11:34 AM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #253
StreetZ17 
space
space
Props total: 839 839  Slaps total: 71 71
 lboog1423 said
teksys the staffing agency?
Yes, and I am trying to sign up and follow everything carefully on Free Code Camp and others.
+2   

3 weeks ago '06        #254
StreetZ17 
space
space
Reading my post, and everyone that is going through the grind and the one's that's in it. Wants me to get my whole entire sh*t together because this is a high demand market. Revature looking for American citizens on what I was reading through, and I notice they've wanted people from India. I would like for you guys to check out TEKsystems from their website and LinkedIn page just like I am.

Great post from the thread starter where it stays bumped.

+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #255
Wing Zero 
space
space
space
Props total: 596 596  Slaps total: 138 138
Best thread on boxden! I been working in IT for 5 years and I'm still learning new sh*t in here.
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #256
lboog1423 
space
space
Props total: 27469 27 K  Slaps total: 2627 2 K
 StreetZ17 said
Yes, and I am trying to sign up and follow everything carefully on Free Code Camp and others.
what exactly u want to know.

I got my first gig thru them.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #257
RoyceDa59 
space
space
Props total: 7827 7 K  Slaps total: 377 377
Decided to go back to school for IT and currently working on getting my A+ cert.

I'm one year in now and thinking about getting my BA in Cyber Security. It's dope to see a thread like this here.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #258
StreetZ17 
space
space
 lboog1423 said
what exactly u want to know.

I got my first gig thru them.
Getting in the door, and knocking JS out the park.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #259
lboog1423 
space
space
 StreetZ17 said
Getting in the door, and knocking JS out the park.
usually not too hard getting thru the door with these IT staffing agencies. Usually they give u some sort of pre screen interview. Get thru that and they will start giving u some positions they need filled. Choose one u like and they will submit your resume and you might get another interview for the actual position with a hiring manager from company. Its a good way to get foot in the door. One thing I would say is look up multiple IT staffing agencies in your area. They are often all placing people in the same positions and same companies, but they might have different pay rates.
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #260
StreetZ17 
space
space
 lboog1423 said
usually not too hard getting thru the door with these IT staffing agencies. Usually they give u some sort of pre screen interview. Get thru that and they will start giving u some positions they need filled. Choose one u like and they will submit your resume and you might get another interview for the actual position with a hiring manager from company. Its a good way to get foot in the door. One thing I would say is look up multiple IT staffing agencies in your area. They are often all placing people in the same positions and same companies, but they might have different pay rates.
Thanks, good looking out.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #261
RoyceDa59 
space
space
Props total: 7827 7 K  Slaps total: 377 377
To anyone who has recently taken the A+, what's some tips you can give and did you pass the first time or have to retake it?
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #262
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
Check out Khan Academy it has tons of free material as well as many computer programming/engineering courses.

I'm fine tuning my sql through this as I study SSIS, SSRS and ETL Development

+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #263
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
 StreetZ17 said
Reading my post, and everyone that is going through the grind and the one's that's in it. Wants me to get my whole entire sh*t together because this is a high demand market. Revature looking for American citizens on what I was reading through, and I notice they've wanted people from India. I would like for you guys to check out TEKsystems from their website and LinkedIn page just like I am.

Great post from the thread starter where it stays bumped.

Yessir,

There's so many angles and so many disciplines. The cool thing about it is fewer and fewer employers care about your educational level. They want to see experience and ensure you can do the job.

Hop on in bro, soon as you get your first 6 months under your belt at a job you are free to move around and make more money elsewhere raising your rate.
+2   

1 week ago '06        #264
StreetZ17 
space
space
Been getting some contacts hitting, and just polishing my skill off and realizing this is like working around my HTML. Soon, I will be dusting off my HTML CSS skill set, and putting up a GitHub profile once I'm more fluid.

This may be a fun project that I may want to do.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #265
killa55  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 339 339  Slaps total: 5 5
Somethign easy to get into that hasn't blown up completely yet is Privacy. They cannot find enough people in this field. GDPR and CCPA are just the beginning. There are a bunch of other states that are trying to put their own framework around it. And the field is so young and dynamic you won't be competing with people who have done it for 20+ years.
+2   

7 days ago '10        #266
REG773 
space
space
space
Props total: 27892 27 K  Slaps total: 7236 7 K
 lboog1423 said
What if you have no experience?

What can you put on your resume to even get a staffing agency to look at you?

7 days ago '10        #267
lboog1423 
space
space
 REG773 said
What if you have no experience?

What can you put on your resume to even get a staffing agency to look at you?
Coming out of school I had project work and classes I had taken on my resume. Or any kind of internship u may have done. Look/ask for entry level jobs. There are plenty of places that hire thru these agencies looking for young ppl right outta school. The staffing agency will see that u are fresh outta school. They will work with you.

7 days ago '10        #268
REG773 
space
space
space
Props total: 27892 27 K  Slaps total: 7236 7 K
 lboog1423 said
Coming out of school I had project work and classes I had taken on my resume. Or any kind of internship u may have done. Look/ask for entry level jobs. There are plenty of places that hire thru these agencies looking for young ppl right outta school. The staffing agency will see that u are fresh outta school. They will work with you.
Didnt finish school; left 3 years ago; need 30 credits but been stuck financially

Ive pretty much not done anything besides tryna study for A+ a few times and trying to learn some basic coding but not doing anything further

7 days ago '10        #269
lboog1423 
space
space
 REG773 said
Didnt finish school; left 3 years ago; need 30 credits but been stuck financially

Ive pretty much not done anything besides tryna study for A+ a few times and trying to learn some basic coding but not doing anything further
i would just go in the office and talk with them. See what skill sets are in demand. Tell them your background and what you did do while in school. The thing with these staffing agencies, they want to find you a job bc thats money for them. So it wouldnt hurt to just go in there and see whats up.
+1   

6 days ago '06        #270
ThaFuture3 
space
space
space
Props total: 316 316  Slaps total: 19 19
Been thinking of getting into Python for a while now but I'm honestly a bit worried about the math background I feel is needed. For anybody using python on the regular, do you find yourself needing the math/statistical background heavy or do you think it's something you can honestly develop as you continue to learn? I'd mainly envision learning Python and entering into the Data Analytics/Data Science field, but I know its applicable in a bunch of different fields.

2 days ago '19        #271
Kenyon Rose 
space
space
Props total: 5 5  Slaps total: 0 0
Just started working on my PMP as an entry point into the tech field.

I'm skilled at digital marketing, copywriting, and brand development; looking to carry over all the projects I've managed into a new portfolio with the focus being on PM in general now, less specific so I can slide into tech.

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  33
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
86 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  30
Diddy lied to biggie mom after his death
76 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  29
Image(s) inside Damon Dash Sues Rachel Roy for Fraud