Do Any Of Y’all Suffer From Mental Illness?

most viewed right now
+17  78
27 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

2 months ago '14        #26
consigliereA 
space
space
Props total: 43244 43 K  Slaps total: 2608 2 K
I know what’s wrong with me for the most part, I just haven’t been officially diagnosed..
+5   

2 months ago '05        #27
LVuittonDon4EVA 
space
space
Props total: 978 978  Slaps total: 117 117
I just want to say major props for being so open and honest about your experiences man. Not everyone is willing to put themselves out there like that.
+5   

2 months ago '15        #28
DEJOE E 
space
space
Props total: 14852 14 K  Slaps total: 1663 1 K
Got diagnosed with schizophrenia and ah touch
of depression this year, it didn't shock me nun
my pops was prescribed the exact same meds
+3   

2 months ago '15        #29
Youknowthismane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
space
space
Props total: 11994 11 K  Slaps total: 2577 2 K
I got diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, persistent depression and OCD
+2   

2 months ago '19        #30
Gold Face  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 20313 20 K  Slaps total: 24702 24 K
This thread explains so much
+2   

2 months ago '17        #31
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 85207 85 K  Slaps total: 36875 36 K
 WhyEsElvrSurfer said
Ik we all wanna joke and sh*t like the guy above me, but we as black people (the ones that are actually on this site still) need to do a better job of recognizing and taking about these things. IK discussion about it has been repeated to us by SM/MSM more in the past two years, but that don’t mean everyone actually taking heed.

Anyway, depression and anxiety runs in my family, now with a possibility of bipolar disorder thanks to my grandma being diagnosed recently.

Battled with the former, the latter is definitely on my watch for list and has me rethinking my actions over the years, but I doubt I have it.
n*gga been sh*tting on a black man, Lil Wayne, for his whole time on bx now he wanna play Malcolm x. Man stfu
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '14        #32
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 161931 161 K  Slaps total: 20947 20 K
 PurpleRain said
I do, freaking bipolar disorder type 1. I had a major manic episode and got sent to the psychiatric ward while active duty. Spent two weeks there don’t remember much past the first day. Anyway I got out and had to see a military doc and he said if I had another episode I was out. Then a year to the day I had another episode and got hospitalized again. This time for another two weeks. Got out felt like sh*t and begged my First Sergeant to take me back to the psych ward. Stayed for another two weeks. Once I got out the military put me on light duty for the next year and a half then I got medically retired. Cool thing is I get a check from the military for life and can still go and shop on base. But it did definitely derail my life a bit as far as my career plans went. As of now I’m stable, wife, 3 kids, job, college graduate, etc. Granted, I still have suicidal thoughts every now and then and soul crushing depressions too. But no more psychotic manic episodes though so that’s cool. Anyway man I made this post to see if any of you are dealing with mental illness as well or know someone who is.
Thank you for sharing this great testimony. Sounds like you got a beautiful wife and family

Every human being has a mental illness, it’s called Sin and from Sin comes all the varying other mental illnesses that plague us as a society of people. When we look at and around the world, even a blind man can see this is a mentally unstable place. Thank God He gave us the remedy to subdue Sin and live in peace with comfort and protection from the Lord via the Holy Spirit, the comforter.

Philippians 4:6-7

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Isaiah 40:28-31

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless. Even youths will faint and be weary, and the young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings of eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

God bless you and your family

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '14        #33
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 161931 161 K  Slaps total: 20947 20 K
 Faseforeal1 said
Bipolar 2 disorder, PTSD, anxiety, insomnia. First diagnosed at 13(first suicide attempt then was called manic depressive). Been dealing with it for 30 years. Multiple suicide attempts, 302's(involuntary commited) Had everything in life(wife kids good career job) lost it all to the depression and my favorite coping mechanism which is alcohol. Right now pretty down on life. Tried to get help through therapy and tons of meds. Applied for ssi while trying finally in life to take time out to get mental health straight denied so things aren't great for me. Suicidal thoughts are a daily occurrence and I pretty much shut myself off from the world alot but I keep pushing. Hopefully things will get better and I pray any of you going through depression will make it through. Love Y'all
Sorry to hear what you lost fam, I’m sure it had a difficult impact on your life. I completely understand what you have dealt with and are dealing with. What’s interesting is last night I was doing a Bible Study on the Book of Job and he experienced many of the things you did and he had given up all hope in his circumstances but never once lost faith in God. In the end God blesses him more abundantly than God has blessed Job prior to all the things he experienced. I will pray for you man for sure.

Jesus said in The Sermon on the Mount

Matthew 5 (KJV)

5 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Your life is not over and you have many joys waiting for you, you just have to go to God to find and receive them. I am a living testimony to the promises of God. I was once lost & now I am found
+1   

2 months ago '17        #34
Majestic 
space
space
space
Props total: 407 407  Slaps total: 168 168
I See Dead People.

2 months ago '15        #35
Youknowthismane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
space
space
Props total: 11994 11 K  Slaps total: 2577 2 K
 Majestic said
I See Dead People.
What that suppose to mean?

2 months ago '16        #36
Knucklez 
space
space
space
Props total: 31314 31 K  Slaps total: 3280 3 K
 Gold Face said
This thread explains so much
What type of mental illness do trump supporters suffer from?
+1   

2 months ago '19        #37
Gold Face  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 20313 20 K  Slaps total: 24702 24 K
 Knucklez said
What type of mental illness do trump supporters suffer from?
Crazy that you think your better then half the population cause you didn’t vote for trump

That is a clear sign of mental illness

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '13        #38
dtdroid  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 47076 47 K  Slaps total: 51105 51 K
 WhyEsElvrSurfer said
Ik we all wanna joke and sh*t like the guy above me, but we as black people (the ones that are actually on this site still) need to do a better job of recognizing and taking about these things. IK discussion about it has been repeated to us by SM/MSM more in the past two years, but that don’t mean everyone actually taking heed.

Anyway, depression and anxiety runs in my family, now with a possibility of bipolar disorder thanks to my grandma being diagnosed recently.

Battled with the former, the latter is definitely on my watch for list and has me rethinking my actions over the years, but I doubt I have it.
Damn, yet another thread about race

Why can't we all just talk about mental illness, regardless of color?

2 months ago '17        #39
Pretty Tone 
space
space
Props total: 30413 30 K  Slaps total: 2678 2 K
yes. i feel everyone does and tries to find ways to deal with it. as a black man we have to deal with next level bullsh*t. went shopping yesterday and detoured through the jewish neighborhoods and got mad...
+1   

2 months ago '17        #40
Pretty Tone 
space
space
 dtdroid said

come one man for once can you be a fu*kin human and just pretend like you have a little compassion for the struggle of african americans.
+3   

2 months ago '17        #41
Pretty Tone 
space
space
 consigliereA said
I know what’s wrong with me for the most part, I just haven’t been officially diagnosed..
same here. i just feel like imma gonna go speak with someone and they are going to tell me some sh*t i already know.

2 months ago '15        #42
WhyEsElvrSurfer 
space
space
space
Props total: 21405 21 K  Slaps total: 5418 5 K
 Rule 336 said
n*gga been sh*tting on a black man, Lil Wayne, for his whole time on bx now he wanna play Malcolm x. Man stfu
Imagine thinking these two things have any sort of correlation together.

Try again.

2 months ago '17        #43
space
space
 WhyEsElvrSurfer said
Imagine thinking these two things have any sort of correlation together.

Try again.
Stop quoting me fu*kboy

2 months ago '15        #44
WhyEsElvrSurfer 
space
space
space
 dtdroid said

Because the reality of the situation is that mental health in the black community hasn’t been talked about as much as it has in white communities.

So fu*k UP.
+5   

2 months ago '15        #45
WhyEsElvrSurfer 
space
space
space
 Rule 336 said
Stop quoting me fu*kboy
Don’t respond again and form better arguments.

2 months ago '17        #46
space
space
 WhyEsElvrSurfer said
Don’t respond again and form better arguments.
n*gga trolled bx for 5 years now he wants to be taken serious. I guess your mental illness speech comes from personal experience you bipolar f*g**t lol

2 months ago '15        #47
WhyEsElvrSurfer 
space
space
space
 Rule 336 said
n*gga trolled bx for 5 years now he wants to be taken serious. I guess your mental illness speech comes from personal experience you bipolar f*g**t lol
Why would you respond if you didn’t want me quoting you?

2 months ago '18        #48
PurpleRain  OP
space
space
space
Props total: 5686 5 K  Slaps total: 419 419
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Kyu said
Thank you for sharing this great testimony. Sounds like you got a beautiful wife and family

Every human being has a mental illness, it’s called Sin and from Sin comes all the varying other mental illnesses that plague us as a society of people. When we look at and around the world, even a blind man can see this is a mentally unstable place. Thank God He gave us the remedy to subdue Sin and live in peace with comfort and protection from the Lord via the Holy Spirit, the comforter.

Philippians 4:6-7

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Isaiah 40:28-31

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless. Even youths will faint and be weary, and the young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings of eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

God bless you and your family
Thanks brother!

2 months ago '17        #49
BLACK FIST 
space
space
Props total: 33264 33 K  Slaps total: 3686 3 K
 BXcellent said
PTSD
Bipolar Depression
Anxiety

All are from witnessing my father pass away unexpectedly from cardiac arrest.
i can relate to your loss

+1   

2 months ago '18        #50
Dyslexicredaer0 
space
space
Props total: 2256 2 K  Slaps total: 348 348

I will show you the way
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  20
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
90 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+16online now  17
America's Infrastructure Is Crumbling
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+95online now  16
All-Star Weekend was cool but Ludacris hoodie gotta go
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+77online now  12
Image(s) inside Just Blaze Releases Lost Nas+Jay-Z-'The Scientist' Track...
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy