Intermittent Fasting

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+26  33
38 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

2 years ago '16        #51
lowry2123 
space
space
space
Props total: 2235 2 K  Slaps total: 843 843
just started IF

Notice the changes already

especially when I come home from work and haven't ate in 5 hours and I workout. sh*t feels amazing

currently doing 16/8.... I'm going to try a 5-6 eating hour window on weekends though

2 years ago '11        #52
wjcorner  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 4086 4 K  Slaps total: 495 495
 Yung Dilla said
Nice. Thanks for the advice I've changed my mind a little bi recently do seeing this just confirms it fir me. It/ctr/ma is what I now want. So you're ma? How long you been in and how long you got left? Where are you stationed?
Nah Iím an FCA, they sell it as AECF advanced electronics computer field or some sh*t. Pretty much I work on the aegis RADAR SPY. Any of the CT joints are good jobs to get, easy watches for all them mfs. Iíll hit 6 this year, out at Pearl Harbor right now.

2 years ago '12        #53
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
Props total: 426 426  Slaps total: 5 5
Day 15. Down about 6-7 pounds. Still leaning/cutting up. Got more compliments on my body/look these past two weeks than the entire year. P90X Ab ripper X yesterday. Doing hill sprints HIIT this morning. Let's get it fellas.

Might keep this up until I get down to about 13-14% Body fat. Somewhere around 16% now.

Last edited by MemphisAmbition; 06-03-2018 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: Typo

2 years ago '12        #54
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
Day 19. Two games of 36, 1 mile of sprints, and an intense weighted ab workout with P90X ab ripper X after. Exhausted today..... BUT first time ever really seeing my abs come in aside from just the side ab walls... pretty Amazing.

It's a lot of hard work and discipline, but I'm officially a believe in hard work + intermittent fasting to burn up fat. Appreciate this thread op and whoever posted the videos with the science behind it - I'm a highly logical person so things have to make conceptual sense before I do them. Got hollered at by a decent looking lady at the gym today too - unexpected perk.

Appreciate the contributions. Let's get it fellas

2 years ago '04        #55
akeem923 
space
space
Props total: 2048 2 K  Slaps total: 293 293
 MemphisAmbition said
Day 19. Two games of 36, 1 mile of sprints, and an intense weighted ab workout with P90X ab ripper X after. Exhausted today..... BUT first time ever really seeing my abs come in aside from just the side ab walls... pretty Amazing.

It's a lot of hard work and discipline, but I'm officially a believe in hard work + intermittent fasting to burn up fat. Appreciate this thread op and whoever posted the videos with the science behind it - I'm a highly logical person so things have to make conceptual sense before I do them. Got hollered at by a decent looking lady at the gym today too - unexpected perk.

Appreciate the contributions. Let's get it fellas
Amazing work bro bro! what is your eating window?

I started IF x keto last week and I am down 5lbs already. I am currently do a 16/8 window. I may put my eating window into 5 hours.

2 years ago '12        #56
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
 akeem923 said
Amazing work bro bro! what is your eating window?

I started IF x keto last week and I am down 5lbs already. I am currently do a 16/8 window. I may put my eating window into 5 hours.
Appreciate it brother. Glad you decided to give it a shot also. I'm doing a 4 hour window.

2 years ago '04        #57
WATITDOCUZ 
space
space
Props total: 1229 1 K  Slaps total: 320 320
Actually just completed a 5 day fast after reading up on Dr Rhona Patric , Dr Satchin Panda, and Valter Longo's research. I gotta tell you, was a lot easier than I expected. I lost 14 lbs during that time. I did "weighted hikes" every day of about 10-15 miles per day.

The only downside was that I skipped the "ease" back into eating thing, and celebrated with a cheeseburger with the homies. Got about 3 bites in before I literally PASSED OUT, lmao. Got a fever, and the sweats for about 2 minutes, and then after that felt completely fine. Was really weird. Anyway... back to normal now.

Eating in a 3 hr window, fasting for 21.

Side note, I was in ketosis before taking on the fast.

2 years ago '12        #58
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
 WATITDOCUZ said
Actually just completed a 5 day fast after reading up on Dr Rhona Patric , Dr Satchin Panda, and Valter Longo's research. I gotta tell you, was a lot easier than I expected. I lost 14 lbs during that time. I did "weighted hikes" every day of about 10-15 miles per day.

The only downside was that I skipped the "ease" back into eating thing, and celebrated with a cheeseburger with the homies. Got about 3 bites in before I literally PASSED OUT, lmao. Got a fever, and the sweats for about 2 minutes, and then after that felt completely fine. Was really weird. Anyway... back to normal now.

Eating in a 3 hr window, fasting for 21.

Side note, I was in ketosis before taking on the fast.
I remember when I did a 10 day juice fast 4-5 years ago after watching "Fat Sick & Nearly Dead on Netflix". I didn't ease back into things either. Smash like some Nacho's with Cheese and A Bigmac. Stomach got unbearably tight, got nauseous, awful, but positive learning experience about the poison we put in our bodies without realizing it.

2 years ago '12        #59
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
Day 24 - Still going strong. Actually hit a new PR on my squats and leg press despite being lighter in body weight than I was at my heaviest. Feels like my mind-muscle connection has strengthened.

Downside -Noticing a lot of little aches in my joints/tendons, not sure if its intermittent fast related though. It could very well be that I've been hitting new PRs and working out nonstop with basically no rest days for like 45 days. Could be overtraining....

Other perks
- Linked back up with a chick I hadn't seen in 3 months and the first thing she said after walking in the door was compliment me on was my physique, later on she was kissing and licking my biceps lol. That ain't never happened before. She was rubbing all over me too. Threw me some unexpected sloppy neck too.

Other perks - Not sure if this is intermittent fast related I don't have any cravings for any fluids besides water.

7 days to go until I've made it to my goal of 31 days!

Last edited by MemphisAmbition; 06-12-2018 at 02:58 PM..
+1   

2 years ago '10        #60
buckeyeboy87 
space
space
Props total: 12829 12 K  Slaps total: 1001 1 K
 MemphisAmbition said
Day 24 - Still going strong. Actually hit a new PR on my squats and leg press despite being lighter in body weight than I was at my heaviest. Feels like my mind-muscle connection has strengthened.

Downside -Noticing a lot of little aches in my joints/tendons, not sure if its intermittent fast related though. It could very well be that I've been hitting new PRs and working out nonstop with basically no rest days for like 45 days. Could be overtraining....

Other perks
- Linked back up with a chick I hadn't seen in 3 months and the first thing she said after walking in the door was compliment me on was my physique, later end she was kissing and licking my biceps lol. That ain't never happened before. She was rubbing all over me too. Threw me some unexpected sloppy neck too.

Other perks - Not sure if this is intermittent fast related I don't have any cravings for any fluids besides water.

Unexpected top is always dope. Keep it going props

2 years ago '06        #61
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 88359 88 K  Slaps total: 10712 10 K
 MemphisAmbition said

Other perks
- Linked back up with a chick I hadn't seen in 3 months and the first thing she said after walking in the door was compliment me on was my physique, later on she was kissing and licking my biceps lol. That ain't never happened before. She was rubbing all over me too. Threw me some unexpected sloppy neck too.

For joint support get some orange triad. It's a multi vitamin with joint and digestion support been my go to for years.

2 years ago '12        #62
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
 Yung Dilla said
For joint support get some orange triad. It's a multi vitamin with joint and digestion support been my go to for years.
Good looking out. Definitely appreciate that

2 years ago '04        #63
biggz 
space
space
Props total: 14365 14 K  Slaps total: 2905 2 K
Add me to the IF gang....just started yesterday

21 hour fast and 3 hour eating window....

Hit the gym during the day and I eat anytime between 6pm and 9pm

2 years ago '04        #64
biggz 
space
space
Props total: 14365 14 K  Slaps total: 2905 2 K
I just ordered some preworkout from bodybuilding.com too

They have a buy one get one free deal

2 years ago '17        #65
Jermz 
space
space
space
Props total: 5901 5 K  Slaps total: 1845 1 K
Depends on your goals..The key is what you eat.

Eating whole foods, limiting carbs, a 16:8 ratio when fasting will make you see good results if you want to lose weight just seat small portions...If you want bulk just eat some veggies, protien and a little carbs (rice,sweet potato) as long as you eat clean youll be good.

2 years ago '15        #66
Flippa Huxtable 
space
space
space
Props total: 103555 103 K  Slaps total: 38597 38 K
When will people realize you don't start fasting right after you eat

2 years ago '04        #67
akeem923 
space
space
 Flippa Huxtable said
When will people realize you don't start fasting right after you eat
when do you typically start fasting after food is digested then?

2 years ago '15        #68
Flippa Huxtable 
space
space
space
Props total: 103555 103 K  Slaps total: 38597 38 K
 akeem923 said
when do you typically start fasting after food is digested then?
8-12 hours

2 years ago '04        #69
akeem923 
space
space
has anyone tried OMAD (one meal a day). If so..how have the results been

2 years ago '12        #70
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
Day 30 pretty much done. One day left tomorrow then Ill be at my goal of 31 days brethren.

2 years ago '10        #71
buckeyeboy87 
space
space
Props total: 12829 12 K  Slaps total: 1001 1 K
 akeem923 said
has anyone tried OMAD (one meal a day). If so..how have the results been
I love it doing it with IF. I'll admit it's hard for maybe the first week. Lost 17 pounds first month and a half. Started at 6"3 230. Trying to get down to 190 I do a fasted workout maybe break my fast with some fruit. Then just eat a big a*s meal. Energy crazy and s*x drive feel like a n*gga back in high school.

2 years ago '04        #72
akeem923 
space
space
 buckeyeboy87 said
I love it doing it with IF. I'll admit it's hard for maybe the first week. Lost 17 pounds first month and a half. Started at 6"3 230. Trying to get down to 190 I do a fasted workout maybe break my fast with some fruit. Then just eat a big a*s meal. Energy crazy and s*x drive feel like a n*gga back in high school.
ive been doing 30 min stairmaster workouts in a fasted state and wow I feel really good. Conditioning is on point. started OMAD this past sunday and so far so good.I usually drink 2 gallons of water a day with a few drops of the crystal lighr strawberry lemonade before i break my fast (80% fat/20% protein makeup of food)

2 years ago '12        #73
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
Day 31 of 31 finally completed.

Results = Probably down 3-4 percentage points of body fat down, much more consistent energy throughout the day after first week, lost maybe 5-7 pounds, but the main benefit I've seen my body is much much much more lean looking. My lifts also somehow very slightly increased in gym.

First time in a decade I've been back at 15% body fat or less. Great physical & mental challenge and also solid results.

Thanks for this thread op and I would recommend intermittent fasting + clean high protein diet + heavy weight lifting for anybody looking to shred up. Dope.

Last edited by MemphisAmbition; 06-19-2018 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Added info

2 years ago '04        #74
WATITDOCUZ 
space
space
Props total: 1229 1 K  Slaps total: 320 320
IF triggers maximum HGH production. That's why you are seeing strength gains.

2 years ago '10        #75
Shhon 
space
space
Props total: 39992 39 K  Slaps total: 3972 3 K

this guy has a study showing caffeine helping thermogenesis but im going to get back on my green tea gig with boiling water. going to add some lemon juice

- my fasting has been a steady 1-2 hour eating window and 22 hour fast. and wow have i been pissed off and grumpy i dont use a keto diet still processed foods and some not processed about to start running after my workouts. im definitely not getting enough fat into my diet and im not sure what to eat thats mainly fat. what yall eating for fat?i dont like bacon or avocados but theres gotta be more fatty foods out there i can eat

Last edited by Shhon; 06-21-2018 at 01:59 PM..

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+96online now  18
All-Star Weekend was cool but Ludacris hoodie gotta go
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+23online now  12
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
92 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+16online now  11
America's Infrastructure Is Crumbling
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+24online now  5
Article inside Ice Cube has burned bridges with everyone in his rap career 《U..
128 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy