Intermittent Fasting

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
44 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
2 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

2 years ago '08        #1
17006 page views
238 comments

popsjenkins 
space
space
Props total: 636 636  Slaps total: 39 39
Intermittent Fasting

Hello,

So I first heard about Intermittent fasting with Terry Crews. But I've been seeing it pop up more and more lately. Of course I'm doing my research but my BX brethren and Sistren(is that sh*t a real word, I doubt it) has a way of breaking sh*t down so concisely.

So help me out my people...

Is this a fad?

Have you done/do you do it?

Whats your regimen or time frames?

What are you eating??

Is it even worth a shot?

best
worst
238 comments

2 years ago '08        #2
mh bich who els 
space
space
Props total: 79 79  Slaps total: 2 2
i heard some people experience irritability/mood swings during it.
+2   

2 years ago '04        #3
Dj KraZ 
space
space
Props total: 1394 1 K  Slaps total: 140 140
I did it for about 6 months and it does work if your trying to lose weight/cut
the mood swings are usually from the lack of sugars and just being hungry
+3   

2 years ago '04        #4
drawn 
space
space
Props total: 2911 2 K  Slaps total: 272 272
i do it when cutting, works great.

i tried to bulk using this method to keep as much fat off my body as possible. for me, it kinda worked but i saw way better results eating every 2-3 hours.

you didn't state your goal but if you're trying to lose weight, its def worth a shot.

2 years ago '04        #5
space
space
Props total: 731 731  Slaps total: 128 128
It doesn't make much of a difference. Just makes it easier to stick to your goals in my opinion. The whole point of the popularity of intermittent fasting was to show that timing of your foods is not as important as once thought. That calories in vs calories out is the main factor for whatever goal you have.

It basically debunks the following myths:

- have protein immediately after workout or you won't have gains
- dont eat carbs after __pm
- you need breakfast

Fasting in general has been shown to have health benefits. Look around for studies about that. There's a whole documentary from BCC that I think is in YouTube about it.
+1   

2 years ago '06        #6
SharpenUrSword 
space
space
Props total: 8827 8 K  Slaps total: 2530 2 K
if coupled with intermitten fisting, things should accelerate

2 years ago '09        #7
Baynut 
space
space
Props total: 4571 4 K  Slaps total: 424 424
I did IF for a few months(4 or 5?), with a 8 hour window to eat. No changes to my diet, I saw some results. Then recently, now that I have a lot of discipline, I decided to change it to a 4 hour window(20 hour fast).

Sh*t has done WONDERS. No changes to my diet or even exercise. I can say with confidence, anything over 4 hours is BS! It's cool to start at 8 hours and build your discipline up, but 4 hours is the sweet spot.

I've seen twice the amount results in 2 months with a 4 hour window then I saw in 4-5 months with a 8 hour window! It's not for everyone, but it works and if you're like me where you like to eat until you're fu*king stuffed, it's the best.

I plan to start exercising in a month or 2. I'm in the process of building my home gym and figuring out how the fu*k I'm going to exercise with my schedule.

Last edited by Baynut; 02-24-2018 at 11:53 PM..
+3   

2 years ago '05        #8
Tha Boss 
space
space
space
Props total: 64419 64 K  Slaps total: 32004 32 K
 Baynut said
I did IF for a few months(4 or 5?), with a 8 hour window to eat. No changes to my diet, I saw some results. Then recently, now that I have a lot of discipline, I decided to change it to a 4 hour window(20 hour fast).

Sh*t has done WONDERS. No changes to my diet or even exercise. I can say with confidence, anything under 4 hours is BS! It's cool to start at 8 hours and build your discipline up, but 4 hours is the sweet spot.

I've seen twice the amount results in 2 months with a 4 hour window then I saw in 4-5 months with a 8 hour window! It's not for everyone, but it works and if you're like me where you like to eat until you're fu*king stuffed, it's the best.

I plan to start exercising in a month or 2. I'm in the process of building my home gym and figuring out how the fu*k I'm going to exercise with my schedule.
Can you or anyone else explain why they would be a big difference in results and a four hour window versus all day if the calories remain the same on both diets

2 years ago '09        #9
Baynut 
space
space
 Tha Boss said
Can you or anyone else explain why they would be a big difference in results and a four hour window versus all day if the calories remain the same on both diets
This video will explain it better than I can:

+1   

2 years ago '05        #10
filthflarn 
space
space
Props total: 149 149  Slaps total: 17 17
Been doing it for 2 years. I look lean, fit and strong and decreased body fat without any cardio.
+1   

2 years ago '07        #11
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 22666 22 K  Slaps total: 1853 1 K
for the last 6 months, i only eat from 6a-3p

definitely helps me get deeper sleep

i get hunger pangs, but seem to have plenty of energy

waistline shrinks pretty easy with activity and whole foods

eventually, i wanna get down to 4 hour and then just 1 hour

2 years ago '14        #12
5 Point Shot 
space
space
Props total: 855 855  Slaps total: 104 104
 yolaboy said
for the last 6 months, i only eat from 6a-3p

definitely helps me get deeper sleep

i get hunger pangs, but seem to have plenty of energy

waistline shrinks pretty easy with activity and whole foods

eventually, i wanna get down to 4 hour and then just 1 hour
Might try this window here. Get it in early so that good don’t sit in your gut.

2 years ago '15        #13
Good Guy Ry 
space
space
Props total: 38248 38 K  Slaps total: 3373 3 K
I tried this for a few months but I was on a veggie diet and had a hard labor job so it was draining me. Now that I'm back on meat(chicken, tuna, fish) I might get back on IF. Gonna try to do a 4 hour window of 6 to 10pm probably. Eat a hour or two before the gym, work it off and keep the hunger down with water til the next evening. I'm tryna stay around 200 pounds though so I don't know how long I'll do it for.

2 years ago '09        #14
DUGGEY 
space
space
Props total: 1112 1 K  Slaps total: 207 207
 Miami said
i do it when cutting, works great.

i tried to bulk using this method to keep as much fat off my body as possible. for me, it kinda worked but i saw way better results eating every 2-3 hours.

you didn't state your goal but if you're trying to lose weight, its def worth a shot.
What did you eat every 2-3 hours? Ive been doing the IF thing for months and working out average 4 days a week. Ive kept myvfat down and i very slowly put on muscle...but i feel like i should be adding more muscle for the work load im steadily on. Were you able to stop tje fasting and eat more without putting extra fat on? If so...eating what? Id love to hear your experience.

2 years ago '08        #15
popsjenkins  OP
space
space
Props total: 636 636  Slaps total: 39 39
 Baynut said

Sh*t has done WONDERS. No changes to my diet or even exercise. I can say with confidence, anything over 4 hours is BS! It's cool to start at 8 hours and build your discipline up, but 4 hours is the sweet spot.

Damn, what are you eating in those 4 hours?? That seems like a crazy short amount of time.

2 years ago '04        #16
drawn 
space
space
Props total: 2911 2 K  Slaps total: 272 272
 Baynut said
[..] I decided to change it to a 4 hour window(20 hour fast).

Sh*t has done WONDERS. No changes to my diet or even exercise. I can say with confidence, anything over 4 hours is BS! It's cool to start at 8 hours and build your discipline up, but 4 hours is the sweet spot. [...]
cot damn bruh 4-hour eating window sounds crazy lol. i might try this on my next cut to see how i feel but i lift HEAVY, 5 times a week, sometimes 6. i can understand how it's doable if you don't exercise on a regular basis though.

DUGGEY said
What did you eat every 2-3 hours? Ive been doing the IF thing for months and working out average 4 days a week. Ive kept myvfat down and i very slowly put on muscle...but i feel like i should be adding more muscle for the work load im steadily on. Were you able to stop tje fasting and eat more without putting extra fat on? If so...eating what? Id love to hear your experience.
bruh i have a fast metabolism so eating every 2-3 hours is what got me the BEST results when bulking, but i still get a little fat. took me almost 2 years of trial and error and multiple bulking and cutting cycles to figure out how my body responds.

mostly i eat egg whites, oatmeal, rice, lots of beans, chicken, vegetables, natural peanut butter, protein shakes. i may have 1 cheat meal every few days but try to keep a good balance of carbs and protein with it.

snacks: greek yogurt, turkey or chicken sandwiches. i use this protein bread for all my sandwiches when bulking.

but when it's cutting time:

Lower carbs and calories + continue lifting heavy + IF = RIPPED AF

2 years ago '09        #17
Baynut 
space
space
 popsjenkins said
Damn, what are you eating in those 4 hours?? That seems like a crazy short amount of time.
I eat about 1500-2000 calories and around 150 carbs or less, all at once for the most part. I try to avoid sodium, sugar(besides dessert), fat and deep fried foods as much as I can. I have a snack(usually some mixed nuts and dark chocolate or ritz crackers with strawberry cream cheese), my big a*s meal, and then a bomb a*s dessert.

All I drink is water, diet Pepsi, diet Snapple and occasionally some cold pressed juice. I know diet Snapple is bad because of the Aspartame but I need variety. Sometimes, I'll have a low carb day too if I had a cheat day the day before(my days off).

Last edited by Baynut; 02-27-2018 at 03:32 PM..

2 years ago '06        #18
Qbert 
space
space
Props total: 15833 15 K  Slaps total: 1575 1 K
Might try this.

2 years ago '04        #19
skillahmang 
space
space
Props total: 29263 29 K  Slaps total: 6754 6 K
 123456 said
It doesn't make much of a difference. Just makes it easier to stick to your goals in my opinion. The whole point of the popularity of intermittent fasting was to show that timing of your foods is not as important as once thought. That calories in vs calories out is the main factor for whatever goal you have.

It basically debunks the following myths:

- have protein immediately after workout or you won't have gains
- dont eat carbs after __pm
- you need breakfast

Fasting in general has been shown to have health benefits. Look around for studies about that. There's a whole documentary from BCC that I think is in YouTube about it.

BCC

FOH

2 years ago '10        #20
Shhon 
space
space
Props total: 40028 40 K  Slaps total: 3973 3 K
starting this more strictly now, waiting until 6pm. eating until 930-10ishpm

its not that bad with a cup a coffee around noon or 1pm

trying to keep a calorie deficit every day

2 years ago '11        #21
k1dcanada 
space
space
space
Props total: 161 161  Slaps total: 54 54
started by accident.

Still holding the same weight but the body fat% is dripping off like i ve never seen before.

s/b stredded by mid june at this pace

2 years ago '17        #22
Dennis Reynolds 
space
space
Props total: 1262 1 K  Slaps total: 71 71
I sort of do this unintentionally on the two days a week I don't work out. I'm just not hungry in the morning so I skip breakfast unless I'm going out somewhere to eat breakfast.

2 years ago '13        #23
JFrisco 
space
space
space
Props total: 1122 1 K  Slaps total: 213 213
I fast everyday. Sometimes I dry fast. No water until eating period. 22 hours fast with 1 hour eating or sometimes 2 hours eating. Easy to get lean without roids/peds.

Last edited by JFrisco; 05-10-2018 at 03:32 PM..

2 years ago '10        #24
Shhon 
space
space
Props total: 40028 40 K  Slaps total: 3973 3 K

this video explains it great too^ a bit longer though

2 years ago '06        #25
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 88373 88 K  Slaps total: 10714 10 K
I just cut my 8 hour windown down to just 5. Making all kinds of lean gains.... All kinds lol

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+16online now  28
Image(s) inside Pop Smoke gets revenge on the nigga who slapped him
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside Kehlani respond to Joe Buddens comments from his podcast
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-81online now  15
Video inside And that’s why people fu*k with her, she’s dope.
108 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+133online now  8
KG and JR Rider speak about the time KG talked sh*t to MJ.
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy