Marijuana stocks thread

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

3 years ago '07        #1
53215 page views
979 comments

j_k1dd 
space
space
Props total: 2137 2 K  Slaps total: 127 127
Marijuana stocks thread

I've finally begun doing my due diligence and research into the sector (and to my surprise I haven't found a thread on this yet. Or is it because it just gets all grouped in the All things stock market thread?).

A lot of news and talk has been circulating (here in Canada) about the potential of the market booming come legalization (July 2018). Being an avid user for over a decade, its been a dream to make a come up off weed.

Personally, I'm getting into investing for long term holds, and not getting into day trading.

I'm creating this thread to gain insight, news from others, and to learn the game by actually investing, engaging in talks, trial and error (how I learn best).

...and hopefully a year from now, I will be the one who knocks.

Questrade Offer/Referral Code: 70663-05124-08941
*Cash bonus, up to $250, depending on the amount you deposit.
(If you use my referral code, post in the thread and I'll put the amount into a BX pot, I'll come up with a useful/exciting way we can collectively use it.)

Total Confirmed/Pending: 3 = $75.

Offer code for 5 free trades: 5FREETRADES

Last edited by j_k1dd; 09-18-2018 at 01:34 AM..
+2   

best
worst
979 comments

3 years ago '07        #2
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
@ @ Ever since the NBA season ended, I had to find a new venture.

Y'all in on any stocks?

3 years ago '12        #3
Phuck Yiu 
space
space
Props total: 14233 14 K  Slaps total: 1073 1 K
Since you did your due dilligence why dont u lead by example

3 years ago '10        #4
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 
space
space
Props total: 1761 1 K  Slaps total: 229 229
 Phuck Yiu said
Since you did your due dilligence why dont u lead by example
Word..

(Caveat - idk wtf I'm talking about, like 95% of the population and the following is all bs speculation/assumptions)

I've briefly looked at some and they all have been penny stocks that will most likely take your money. I'm sure that there will be stocks here and there that momentarily blow up and will give u a great return if you're able to catch that wave.

However, I would bet my money on big tobacco companies. They have the funds, resources, and know-how to immediately big a huge player in that market, or buyout a company that has that potential.

I believe marijuana will make a lot of people money. If you can play it right then you're in for a nice cash out
+2   

3 years ago '05        #5
KayGee 
space
space
space
Props total: 427 427  Slaps total: 104 104
Been following this sector for the last 3 months, The potential for these companies are huge

currently invested in a few, holding long term (like 2019-2020) and am adding to my positions whenever I can.

Companies I've invested in

Aurora Cannabis (ACB) - focused on growing and selling marijuana

Supreme Pharmaceuticals (FIRE) focused on large scale growing and selling in bulk (still waiting on an official sales license from health canada)

International Cannabis Corp (ICC) growing in selling in Urugauy.

Radient Technologies (RTI) focused on using the "trim" from plants for oil extractions for vape pens and oils.

Tinley Beverage Company (TNY) weed infused beverages (just added to 7/11's in so cal)

nutritional high (EAT) focused on the edibles and oil extracts. working on branded lines of weed infused chocolates and vape pen cartridges)

Tons of other great companies put there. WEED, APH, MJN, OGI
+2   

3 years ago '07        #6
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
 KayGee said
Been following this sector for the last 3 months, The potential for these companies are huge

currently invested in a few, holding long term (like 2019-2020) and am adding to my positions whenever I can.

Companies I've invested in

Aurora Cannabis (ACB) - focused on growing and selling marijuana

Supreme Pharmaceuticals (FIRE) focused on large scale growing and selling in bulk (still waiting on an official sales license from health canada)

International Cannabis Corp (ICC) growing in selling in Urugauy.

Radient Technologies (RTI) focused on using the "trim" from plants for oil extractions for vape pens and oils.

Tinley Beverage Company (TNY) weed infused beverages (just added to 7/11's in so cal)

nutritional high (EAT) focused on the edibles and oil extracts. working on branded lines of weed infused chocolates and vape pen cartridges)

Tons of other great companies put there. WEED, APH, MJN, OGI
I've put together a portfolio including:
Namaste (CNSX), Future Farm Technologies (FFT), Cannabix (BLO), and the big three in ACB/APH/WEED.

I was looking at EAT, but I'm thinking restrictions/legislation on edibles is gonna be a huge factor moving forward.

Tinley is starting to spark my interest, but again it falls under the same factor as edibles.

For those wondering, I've been using to look closer into these businesses.

I also just came across and seeing MedReleaf & Mettrum(acquired by Canopy) leading in the CBD column. I'm keeping an eye out for any CBD focused businesses.

Last edited by j_k1dd; 06-26-2017 at 01:45 AM..

3 years ago '05        #7
KayGee 
space
space
space
 j_k1dd said
I've put together a portfolio including:
Namaste (CNSX), Future Farm Technologies (FFT), Cannabix (BLO), and the big three in ACB/APH/WEED.

I was looking at EAT, but I'm thinking restrictions/legislation on edibles is gonna be a huge factor moving forward.

Tinley is starting to spark my interest, but again it falls under the same factor as edibles.

For those wondering, I've been using to look closer into these businesses.

I also just came across and seeing MedReleaf & Mettrum(acquired by Canopy) leading in the CBD column. I'm keeping an eye out for any CBD focused businesses.
EAT is a huge lottery ticket. at .9 or .10 its been at a steady decline for months now. They do have a presence in the USA which will allow them to sell and actually show a profit, Just hope they can hold out until then.

I use reddit/weedstocks for alot of information, you just have to sift through the people that are pumping a dumping sh*tty stocks.

WEED is releasing their 1st quarter financials this morning, that could potentially be huge.

I'm also looking at getting into WMD, down to about .80 from their initial IPO of $1 (they're focusing on the "retired" pot smoker and have deals and conncections in place with old folks homes. they have recently got there oils license and clones license from health canada. they look promising to me

CBD and oils are going to be a huge market, and in time I think the restrictions on edibles will be lifter and they will have a nice niche market to themselves.

and completely off topic, I've started diversifying my stocks and have been adding drone companies, I think they're the next weed stocks.

two companies ive invested in are Drone Delivery Canada (FLT) and UAV technologies Canada (UAV)

3 years ago '04        #8
NBA Brawler 
space
space
Props total: 4453 4 K  Slaps total: 142 142
What's the easiest way to start investing in this? I was looking at a few sites earlier (e-trade, scottrade, etc...)

3 years ago '07        #9
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
 KayGee said
EAT is a huge lottery ticket. at .9 or .10 its been at a steady decline for months now. They do have a presence in the USA which will allow them to sell and actually show a profit, Just hope they can hold out until then.

I use reddit/weedstocks for alot of information, you just have to sift through the people that are pumping a dumping sh*tty stocks.

WEED is releasing their 1st quarter financials this morning, that could potentially be huge.

I'm also looking at getting into WMD, down to about .80 from their initial IPO of $1 (they're focusing on the "retired" pot smoker and have deals and conncections in place with old folks homes. they have recently got there oils license and clones license from health canada. they look promising to me

CBD and oils are going to be a huge market, and in time I think the restrictions on edibles will be lifter and they will have a nice niche market to themselves.

and completely off topic, I've started diversifying my stocks and have been adding drone companies, I think they're the next weed stocks.

two companies ive invested in are Drone Delivery Canada (FLT) and UAV technologies Canada (UAV)
Forward thinking my dude, drones will also be useful as grow ops start to build upwards.

I'm also looking to diversify in the BioTech field.

NBA Brawler said
What's the easiest way to start investing in this? I was looking at a few sites earlier (e-trade, scottrade, etc...)
Currently using questrade because its the cheapest broker available to me right now.

3 years ago '07        #10
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
 ThRoWeD MaN LaN said
Word..

(Caveat - idk wtf I'm talking about, like 95% of the population and the following is all bs speculation/assumptions)

I've briefly looked at some and they all have been penny stocks that will most likely take your money. I'm sure that there will be stocks here and there that momentarily blow up and will give u a great return if you're able to catch that wave.

However, I would bet my money on big tobacco companies. They have the funds, resources, and know-how to immediately big a huge player in that market, or buyout a company that has that potential.

I believe marijuana will make a lot of people money. If you can play it right then you're in for a nice cash out
I'm hearing there's gonna be legislation in place that will prevent big tobacco companies from jumping ship, and utilizing their international land to grow crops... But then again, all its gonna take is for one of them companies to open a completely new business and they become a player.

3 years ago '05        #11
KayGee 
space
space
space
 j_k1dd said
Forward thinking my dude, drones will also be useful as grow ops start to build upwards.

Currently using questrade because its the cheapest broker available to me right now.
Drones are going to be used for everything. I've being doing alot of reading on them and the companies that use them, HUGE potential in the next couple of years. Hopefully buying them now will pay off in the future.

Weed stocks have been extremely volatile. I'm holding long term, Definitely not a day trader.

what in the biotech field are you looking at?

3 years ago '17        #12
Wavie Crockett 
space
space
Props total: 4998 4 K  Slaps total: 4729 4 K
With trump currently in office will this affect the weed industry for the next 4 years or possibly 8 years? Would investing into the weed market be a smart decision under this administration? I feel these fu*ks are going to start pushing down on legalization and reversing all the gains that have been made.

3 years ago '04        #13
NBA Brawler 
space
space
Props total: 4453 4 K  Slaps total: 142 142
 j_k1dd said
I'll check this one out too. Do they have an account minimum?

Last edited by NBA Brawler; 06-26-2017 at 07:46 PM..

3 years ago '07        #14
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
 KayGee said
Drones are going to be used for everything. I've being doing alot of reading on them and the companies that use them, HUGE potential in the next couple of years. Hopefully buying them now will pay off in the future.

Weed stocks have been extremely volatile. I'm holding long term, Definitely not a day trader.

what in the biotech field are you looking at?
Not sure tbh. I'm going to ask one of my friends more about the field and what her interests are. If I had to start somewhere it would be anything to do with strengthening the immune system.

Wavie Crockett said
With trump currently in office will this affect the weed industry for the next 4 years or possibly 8 years? Would investing into the weed market be a smart decision under this administration? I feel these fu*ks are going to start pushing down on legalization and reversing all the gains that have been made.
That's a tough one. At most you can keep an eye on the market, and just go in when you get the feeling it's safe to or if its too good of an opportunity to pass up on.

The veil of the war on drugs been lifted, and I feel the care for patients, and the success (or fail and restructure) Canada will experience during legalization will heavily influence fed admin in the future. Americans hate being second to anyone in this world, they definitely won't like seeing little o'Canada making great progress and not be making moves y'all selves.

NBA Brawler said
I'll check this one out too. Do they have an account minimum?
$1000 to start.

SeraphKin said
I was scoping hemptech and terratech
What have you learned? :dogorly:

3 years ago '07        #15
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
 SeraphKin said
Just that they should have some growth, they are Canada based so expect growth with legalization. They are cheap right now and are on the NYSE
Ones in Florida and the other is California?

3 years ago '09        #16
ii_show_off 
space
space
space
Props total: 4299 4 K  Slaps total: 1229 1 K
 j_k1dd said
I've finally begun doing my due diligence and research into the sector (and to my surprise I haven't found a thread on this yet. Or is it because it just gets all grouped in the All things stock market thread?).

A lot of news and talk has been circulating (here in Canada) about the potential of the market booming come legalization (July 2018). Being an avid user for over a decade, its been a dream to make a come up off weed.

Personally, I'm getting into investing for long term holds, and not getting into day trading.

I'm creating this thread to gain insight, news from others, and to learn the game by actually investing, engaging in talks, trial and error (how I learn best).

...and hopefully a year from now, I will be the one who knocks.
Was literally looking at this today. What are the big name companies in CA?

3 years ago '07        #17
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
 SeraphKin said
ICC up 4% ticker: ICCLF

I'm thinking about spreading out some money before september in a few of these.

These long term.holds I a*sume?
Going long, yes.

Actually decided not to go in on BLO considering the unlikelihood a breathalyzer test will be upheld in court, and Namaste. Just kept cash on hand.

Thinking of going in on MMJ though, and Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust.

ii_show_off said
Was literally looking at this today. What are the big name companies in CA?
Canopy (Weed)/ Medreleaf (LEAF) /Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB)/ Aphria (APH) are the big names currently.

3 years ago '05        #18
KayGee 
space
space
space
 SeraphKin said
ICC up 4% ticker: ICCLF

I'm thinking about spreading out some money before september in a few of these.

These long term.holds I a*sume?
Yes, I plan on holding everything long term like 2019-2020.

unless i see some huge daily spikes then ill sell and buy back in once it dips again.

EAT went from .09 to .014 today... I sold and made a few hundred bucks. will either buy back in on the next dip or put the money into something else.

3 years ago '05        #19
KayGee 
space
space
space
FIRE (SUPREME PHARMACEUTICALS)

just got their sales license, huge news.

They have a ton of weed dried and stored in the vault, they now can sell it all.

look for this to make a nice move upwards.

(i think the time to buy has passed, wait a bit for the sell off and the dip on this stock before you buy in)

3 years ago '07        #20
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
 KayGee said
FIRE (SUPREME PHARMACEUTICALS)

just got their sales license, huge news.

They have a ton of weed dried and stored in the vault, they now can sell it all.

look for this to make a nice move upwards.

(i think the time to buy has passed, wait a bit for the sell off and the dip on this stock before you buy in)
Kicking myself for missing out on the Namaste jump today

3 years ago '07        #21
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
This g20 meeting fu*king up the entire market.

3 years ago '05        #22
KayGee 
space
space
space
FIRE has been absolutely bleeding lately.... fahk

look into IMH .. another company bleeding right now that might be near its bottom. I like the look of the company... but ofcourse everyone do their own DD

3 years ago '12        #23
frankieboyj26 
space
space
space
Props total: 196 196  Slaps total: 9 9
 j_k1dd said

is questrade only for canadians and do they have US stocks as well?

3 years ago '07        #24
j_k1dd  OP
space
space
 frankieboyj26 said
is questrade only for canadians and do they have US stocks as well?
Not sure if US residents can use questrade. But you can purchase US stocks.

3 years ago '04        #25
pocketchange 
space
space
Props total: 18414 18 K  Slaps total: 5916 5 K
To be honest, 2014 was the year you could have made a lot of money.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-93online now  43
Did Tyson Fury cheat by having something in his gloves?
114 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-36online now  38
Snoop Dogg throws Tupac under the bus on Red Table Talk interview with Jada Pi..
190 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  31
Feb 26 - dallas serial killer caught 14 bodies....could be responsible for 100..
33 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-38online now  23
Why Pop Smoke was so important
293 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy