The Official Diet Aid Thread (all things spices, condiments, recipes etc)

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
37 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

3 years ago '10        #1
6281 page views
36 comments

lboog1423 
space
space
Props total: 27498 27 K  Slaps total: 2630 2 K
The Official Diet Aid Thread (all things spices, condiments, recipes etc)

Whats up peeps.

Its cutting season for some and just general weight loss for others. As many of you know dieting can have its ups and downs, but if u can find good tasting sh*t that fits ur diet its smooth sailing. Dieting dont meant u cant enjoy good tasting food.

So thats what this thread is. Drop any recipes u like to spice up them chicken brea*t or cooking techniques. Any secrets that will liven up that thick a*s oatmeal. Or drop some condiments that are macro friendly that work as substitutes

Ill post some of my go-to's

Proteins

Salmon (I typically buy the fatty kind)

Recipe 1:

Preheat oven to 375

Ingredients:

Kosher Salt
Herb de Provence
Rosemary ( fresh rosemary will make a HUGE difference. Highly recommend it)
Fennel Seed.

I dont measure sh*t so u gonna have to figure that pt out on your own.

But as a guide, u can go kinda generous on the Herb De Provence/rosemary. U dont need a ton of fennel seed.

Cooking time depends on the size. I buy the big slab filets from the store and its usually btwn 20-30 minutes.

best way to tell its done is when it starts to turn this color

Recipe 2:

Same as above except i use

Coat generously

Recipe 3:

Coat generously

Last edited by lboog1423; 03-23-2017 at 02:24 PM..
+2   

best
worst
36 comments

3 years ago '10        #2
lboog1423  OP
space
space
Chicken brea*t

I typically buy 3-4 lbs at a time.

First thing i do is clean and butterfly. Nothing worse that some thick dry a*s chicken brea*t. Butterflying also reduces cooking time

Personal preferred cooking methods (i use electric skillet 90% of time). These have been the best cooking methods in keeping the meat juicy:
Grill
Skillet
Broil

Fav marinades

Last edited by lboog1423; 03-23-2017 at 11:07 AM..

3 years ago '10        #3
lboog1423  OP
space
space
Some pickups this week.

I love mayo and started using this as a substitute when i make tuna salad. Its got the creamy texture of mayo which helps out a lot. No its no mayo, but it will do the trick while dieting.

i also got this olive oil thats good on fish n chicken. Cant find a pic but ill upload one when i get home.

3 years ago '13        #4
eazy253 
space
space
Props total: 4949 4 K  Slaps total: 348 348
 lboog1423 said
Some pickups this week.

I love mayo and started using this as a substitute when i make tuna salad. Its got the creamy texture of mayo which helps out a lot. No its no mayo, but it will do the trick while dieting.

i also got this olive oil thats good on fish n chicken. Cant find a pic but ill upload one when i get home.
I'll be checking this out, thanks for sharing.

3 years ago '16        #5
silas 
space
space
Props total: 4110 4 K  Slaps total: 875 875
@ @ so y'all cut out all fats when dieting? I've been trying to hit at least 60g a day which calls for some regular mayo from time to time... or do you get a lot of fat from your other foods?

3 years ago '13        #6
eazy253 
space
space
 silas said
@ @ so y'all cut out all fats when dieting? I've been trying to hit at least 60g a day which calls for some regular mayo from time to time... or do you get a lot of fat from your other foods?

I'm not cutting out fats I try to get in 120 grams per day.

I get fats from the whole milk I put in protein shakes. sour cream. cheddar cheese. cottage cheese. nuts. fatty cuts of meat.

When I am setting up my day if I can sub in that 0 calorie dijonnaise instead of the 200 calories in 2 tbsp of mayo, thats more food(extra piece of chicken) (peanut butter in a shake) I can work in that day.

Last edited by eazy253; 03-27-2017 at 05:53 PM..

3 years ago '16        #7
silas 
space
space
 eazy253 said
I'm not cutting out fats I try to get in 120 grams per day.

I get fats from the whole milk I put in protein shakes. sour cream. cheddar cheese. cottage cheese. nuts. fatty cuts of meat.

When I am setting up my day if I can sub in that 0 calorie dijonnaise instead of the 200 calories in 2 tbsp of mayo, thats more food(extra piece of chicken) (peanut but butter in a shake) I can work in that day.
makes sense, thanks for the reply bro. Left a message on your MFP wall.

3 years ago '10        #8
lboog1423  OP
space
space
 silas said
I don't cut fats, if anything I'll cut carbs. I just don't like my fats coming from stuff that's not gonna help fill me up like condiments, sh*tty snack foods etc. For example two servings of mayo could be the equivalent to two turkey burgers or piece of salmon.

Last edited by lboog1423; 03-27-2017 at 06:41 PM..

3 years ago '13        #9
eazy253 
space
space
 lboog1423 said
I don't cut fats, if anything I'll cut carbs. I just don't like my fats coming from stuff that's not gonna help fill me up like condiments, sh*tty snack foods etc. For example two servings of mayo could be the equivalent to two turkey burgers or piece of salmon.
well said

I just don't like my fats coming from stuff that's not gonna help fill me up like condiments

3 years ago '16        #10
silas 
space
space
 lboog1423 said
i see what you mean, but if your low in fat on macros and you don't wanna go over on your protein... mayo would be a way to go, right?

3 years ago '16        #11
silas 
space
space
I mean if you want to get more filled, you will.. but your sacrificing more macronutrients to do so.

3 years ago '10        #12
lboog1423  OP
space
space
 silas said
i see what you mean, but if your low in fat on macros and you don't wanna go over on your protein... mayo would be a way to go, right?
Yup....personally I don't worry abt going over protein...long as it's not a whole lot

3 years ago '10        #13
lboog1423  OP
space
space
Forgot to add that oil

Good stuff right here

3 years ago '05        #14
Tha Boss 
space
space
space
Props total: 64419 64 K  Slaps total: 32004 32 K

This here. Bought it on accident one day and been hooked for dat sweet cravings.

8 c
0 f
12 p

Instead of chips ill have 2 plain rice cakes with peanut butter/a dash of honey on one and pb and one sprinkle of sea salt on the other = yea buddy. Satusfies that crunchy snack i be lookin for. Depending how much pb u use still a low cal fix

Other stuff ive found (with the aid of a few youtubers/ig cats). Will post later

Last edited by Tha Boss; 03-27-2017 at 10:04 PM..

3 years ago '17        #15
Firas 
space
space
space
Props total: 0 0  Slaps total: 1 1
Thanx for it

3 years ago '10        #16
lboog1423  OP
space
space
copped these the other day at the grocery store. sh*t is bangin on some chicken brea*t. I also will use it on my ground turkey meatloaf

+1   

3 years ago '05        #17
ghost213 
space
space
Props total: 2721 2 K  Slaps total: 557 557
Good thread, I need to get on with the healthy eating. The recipes will help, not a big cook but these will help.

Is frozen meat any good? just wondering as I bought some frozen chicken breats the other day.

3 years ago '10        #18
lboog1423  OP
space
space
wanted some ice cream the other day and stumbled across this

prolly the best low fat ice cream ive ever had. Whole pint is only 8 grams of fat and 56 carbs. And this one doesnt sacrifice taste at all.

Ive also tried that arctic zero bullsh*t, dont waste ur money

Last edited by lboog1423; 05-23-2017 at 09:45 AM..

3 years ago '13        #19
eazy253 
space
space
 lboog1423 said
wanted some ice cream the other day and stumbled across this

prolly the best low fat ice cream ive ever had. Whole pint is only 8 grams of fat and 56 carbs. And this one doesnt sacrifice taste at all.

Ive also tried that arctic zero bullsh*t, dont waste ur money
I agree on artic zero, tastes like sand paper.

Halo Top is good, and a pint is $7 in my area. Way to expensive.

3 years ago '10        #20
lboog1423  OP
space
space
 eazy253 said
I agree on artic zero, tastes like sand paper.

Halo Top is good, and a pint is $7 in my area. Way to expensive.
its like $5 in mine. I dont eat sweets often but when i do a cpl bites will satisfy my sweet tooth. So a pint will last me a while

3 years ago '10        #21
lboog1423  OP
space
space
i dont really care too much for rice, esp brown rice. I love Jamaican food tho and how they prepare their rice (rice and peas).

tried this recipe out last night and turned out pretty good

3 years ago '11        #22
indagame 
space
space
Props total: 9309 9 K  Slaps total: 908 908
Good thread, I'll look through this some more and post some of my own stuff as well

3 years ago '10        #23
lboog1423  OP
space
space
 ghost213 said
Good thread, I need to get on with the healthy eating. The recipes will help, not a big cook but these will help.

Is frozen meat any good? just wondering as I bought some frozen chicken breats the other day.
its fine. Just about anything thats not the more expensive "organic" type sh*t is prolly all abt the same. I buy frozen swai fillets.

3 years ago '10        #24
lboog1423  OP
space
space

for the rice i followed the recipe above

for both chicken recipes i used this as a marinade. I didnt use celery

The one key ingredient when it comes to cooking any meat or fish dish in the Caribbean, is the green seasoning mix that’s used in the marinating process. Before we go on I’d like to mention a couple things. This recipe usually calls for 2 key ingredients “shado beni” and “Spanish thyme” (aka podina), both of which I can’t get readily get here in Canada, unless I source out a Thai or Caribbean specialty store. For the “shado beni” I’ve substituted in cilantro, which is somewhat similar but less pungent and I’ve left out the Spanish thyme. If you’re based in the Caribbean or can get those 2 ingredients, please use with caution since they can easily overpower the green seasoning with it’s strong flavors. I also couldn’t get the pimento peppers, so I opted for 1 banana pepper, but you can also use a Cubanelle

There are several variations of this seasoning mix, but this is one that I’ve tested and perfected over the years.
You’ll need…
1 bundle of Cilantro (about 1-2 cups)
1 stalk of celery (include leaves if you have it)
1 head or garlic (about 11 cloves)
4 green onions (scallions)
1 bunch of fresh thyme (about 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup of water
pinch of salt (optional)
2-3 shallots (optional)
2 pimento peppers (1 banana pepper or 1 Cubanelle)
*Food processor or blender.

just cut it all up real good and blend it.

for the curry chicken i followed this recipe minus the tomato, chick peas, and potatoes. After the chicken is cooked no need for the water. Not cooking the chick peas or potatoes.

for the jerk chicken i just cooked the marinated chicken in some coconut oil and right before it gets done i added

when making this i cut up my chicken into chunks. So they cook faster and stay more juicy. Ill cook several pounds so ill have plenty for a few days

Last edited by lboog1423; 06-13-2017 at 03:12 PM..

2 years ago '07        #25
genobee 
space
space
Props total: 1208 1 K  Slaps total: 185 185
a good dieting bbq sauce.

G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Honey Flavored BBQ Sauce
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-81online now  24
Video inside And that’s why people fu*k with her, she’s dope.
108 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+16online now  20
Image(s) inside Pop Smoke gets revenge on the nigga who slapped him
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Kehlani respond to Joe Buddens comments from his podcast
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+132online now  5
KG and JR Rider speak about the time KG talked sh*t to MJ.
72 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy