The Official Strongest BX Posters Thread

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+24  29
37 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

9 years ago '04        #51
Lucifer|M 
space
space
Props total: 80 80  Slaps total: 10 10
 tech5c said
365x1. Extremely dissapointed on the depth. Hoping it's just my phones angle.

You were on your toes, you were close to parallel, and you leaned to far forward.

Too much weight, compromised your form. It looks like your knees went inward too.

but overall, good job 365 is good weight, for going that low

tech5c said
I don't really consider letg drive cheating that much. I mean it's only shrugs. As long as I'm getting a good squeeze on the top and f*ghting it on the way down I;m good.
oh man, just doing those low reps, but holding that much weight, my traps feel annihilated, and they're still pumped today. Guess having over 800+ pounds does the trick lmao. Gona try this for a few weeks, and see how it works

01-08-2011, 03:57 AM         #52
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
Props total:    Slaps total:  
Too much on my toes has been my problem with deadlifts too. I can feel the forward lean and I know I;m doing it, just seems like a mental thing I need to correct.

I think its the angle mixed with my pants thats makes it seem like my knees went inward. That's one thing I've been those most focused on since I've started squatting since it leads to the most problems.

Traps are one of those muscles where you either need heavy a*s weight or low weight and high reps to make em grow. Fro me the higher the weight the better. I kinda have to cheat to make em grow. Light weights just don't do it.

9 years ago '04        #53
Lucifer|M 
space
space
Props total: 80 80  Slaps total: 10 10
 tech5c said
Too much on my toes has been my problem with deadlifts too. I can feel the forward lean and I know I;m doing it, just seems like a mental thing I need to correct.
What kind of shoes are you wearing when you squat and deadlift? I've been doing my barefoot, and its removed all forward momentum

01-08-2011, 03:51 PM         #54
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
They're wrestling shoes. I just gotta keep telling myself a*s down chest up and it'll work itself out.

9 years ago '06        #55
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 75731 75 K  Slaps total: 4057 4 K
what about leg press?????

9 years ago '07        #56
Welsh! 
space
space
Props total: 44 44  Slaps total: 14 14
Liking the idea of this, I'm slowly getting my strength back, not confident enough to try the heavy weights yet.

Managed to get my deadlift to 185 tonight which I'm pleased with, could have added more but I ran out of room on my bar (yes I have them big a*s weights ffs) might have to invest in some thinner weights now.

01-09-2011, 12:51 PM         #57
MrAmazing  OP
space
space
space
 realgunta said
what about leg press?????
nobody cares about leg press.

9 years ago '06        #58
daffysm 
space
space
Props total: 3567 3 K  Slaps total: 1706 1 K
been too busy workin to go to the gym

but 245/345/425 have been my one rep max stats since '09

i can't bench for sheeeeeit, i would rather do Cleans all day

9 years ago '11        #59
pootysmack 
space
space
space
Props total: 558 558  Slaps total: 47 47
 Lucifer said

There it is lol
i was thinking a one handed clean and press with a dumbbell, damn thats props right there.

9 years ago '08        #60
ManOfSteel23 
space
space
Props total: 15 15  Slaps total: 6 6
finally! I hit 245 on the bench :banana:

9 years ago '04        #61
ItAlY2BkLyN 
space
space
Props total: 20576 20 K  Slaps total: 4597 4 K
So I'm having a hell of a time trying to get to 225 on the bench. Maybe on a good day, fully stretched, I could get 1 rep but it's starting to p*ss me off.

I do a pretty wide variety of workouts and for the last month or so been doing an isolation schedule where I only work my chest on that day. Should I focus more on higher weight, low reps? I usually pyramid up with 4 sets 15, 12, 10, 10 - 95, 135, 155, 175.

Also on flat bench my shoulder has a sharp pain on the front side deep down in the middle. Through talking with trainers, I think it's a pinched nerve. Should I change form or just stop being a puss?

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 02-01-2011 at 12:31 AM..

02-01-2011, 02:46 PM         #62
MrAmazing  OP
space
space
space
That's alot of reps if you are trying to actually lift heavy............

but don't take my word for it cuz my bench isn't that impressive.

9 years ago '06        #63
mawoods2 
space
space
Props total: 5 5  Slaps total: 0 0
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
So I'm having a hell of a time trying to get to 225 on the bench. Maybe on a good day, fully stretched, I could get 1 rep but it's starting to p*ss me off.

I do a pretty wide variety of workouts and for the last month or so been doing an isolation schedule where I only work my chest on that day. Should I focus more on higher weight, low reps? I usually pyramid up with 4 sets 15, 12, 10, 10 - 95, 135, 155, 175.

Also on flat bench my shoulder has a sharp pain on the front side deep down in the middle. Through talking with trainers, I think it's a pinched nerve. Should I change form or just stop being a puss?
I agree with the last poster. Those are alot of reps, especially in an effort to get stronger. If you want to get stronger, you have to lift heavy. With that said, you should be working out with 195 to 215. In addition, you should focus on how you lift and fast you lift. It seems to me that you are not tucking your elbows in the bench press, thus why ya shoulder is hurting ( i experienced shoulder problems on the bench press for this reason) So, instead of having ya elbows outside ya body, have them in tucked in a 45 degree angle from the side of your body. Lastly, start lowering the bar 3 sec, then explode up with the weight. This will help you start taking control of the weight.

02-10-2011, 07:15 PM         #64
Kuchiki_Byakuya  OP
space
space
space
I ain't reading through the thread (been catching a HORRIBLE flu that had me bedridden the past week)... any info worth updating yet?

9 years ago '08        #65
ManOfSteel23 
space
space
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said
I ain't reading through the thread (been catching a HORRIBLE flu that had me bedridden the past week)... any info worth updating yet?
not dramatic, but I hit 245 on the bench the other day.

and I weigh 165 now.

9 years ago '04        #66
SHOWTIME 
space
space
Props total: 23 23  Slaps total: 6 6
 Lucifer said
I added the totals at the end, so its easier to see why they are their rank, and good idea of where everyone is standing.
yo i havent been coming around the health and fitness in a while... basically some dumass was making wild comments and complained to his mod buddies who threatened to have me banned....

long story short it was the last thing i needed so i stopped coming in this section, but i am very glad to see my name up in this thread... job well done, cool concept, and i think ill be dropping in more often to help guys out...

02-15-2011, 11:55 AM         #67
Kuchiki_Byakuya  OP
space
space
space
 ManOfSteel23 said
not dramatic, but I hit 245 on the bench the other day.

and I weigh 165 now.
BJ >>>>>>>> GSP p4p.

9 years ago '08        #68
ManOfSteel23 
space
space
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said
BJ >>>>>>>> GSP p4p.
:laughing9:

I got no idea where that came from, and if you were referring to my Avy, it's Sean Sherk and Penn, not GSP.

either way,

GSP says otherwise

9 years ago '05        #69
ReppinDaBurghh 
space
space
Props total: 9576 9 K  Slaps total: 3629 3 K
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said
BJ >>>>>>>> GSP p4p.

9 years ago '06        #70
niceguy954 
space
space
Props total: 438 438  Slaps total: 19 19
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said
wt: 173 (change weight class) :dancingcool:
bench:195
squat:305
deadlift:305

9 years ago '05        #71
kaderg911 
space
space
Props total: 0 0  Slaps total: 0 0
im 5'11, 145 lbs and i can bench 190 lbs (max)
squat i do 100 lbs like 20 times...i cant do heavy squating its bad for my knees
deadlift 200lbs wud be a good workout for me

9 years ago '06        #72
Rique 
space
space
Props total: 20912 20 K  Slaps total: 4479 4 K
6ft weight 215 squat 415 bench 315 deadlift 425

i dont do 1 rep max outs its pointless i do these for reps 6-8

9 years ago '04        #73
SHOWTIME 
space
space
Props total: 23 23  Slaps total: 6 6
update:

bench is officially at 345.... bw is at 220, height is 6'2

03-28-2011, 02:13 PM         #74
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
lol...like i tell my clients, i dont believe it unless i see it

9 years ago '04        #75
enetblazin4eva 
space
space
Props total: 1117 1 K  Slaps total: 74 74
Squat bad for knees? 1RM is pointless? Good ole BX Gime.......

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+95online now  15
All-Star Weekend was cool but Ludacris hoodie gotta go
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+16online now  12
America's Infrastructure Is Crumbling
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+23online now  11
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
92 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  8
Diddy lied to biggie mom after his death
87 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy