Did they get the top 5 SG's all time right?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+41  151
59 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '13        #151
Trey864 
space
space
Props total: 2619 2 K  Slaps total: 389 389
 *-InfiniMatic-* said
Lol no they are NOT in the same category. You definitely not a Rockets fan.
Definitely not
But idk he just hasnít proven he can carry a squad thru the offs for me
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #152
KUKOC 
space
space
space
Props total: 3705 3 K  Slaps total: 1581 1 K
A top 5 SG list without Jerry West is invalid

2 weeks ago '15        #153
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 
space
space
Props total: 37683 37 K  Slaps total: 4821 4 K
Yes.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #154
Lord Vermelho  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 3540 3 K  Slaps total: 1570 1 K
 Rap Prodigy said
I have AI over D Wayde to be honest. AI got 27 ppg and 6 apg over his career. I also think that his best few years were better than D Wade's, although not by much.

D Wade had Shaq and was playing the Mavs in the finals. Iverson stole a game against prime Kobe/Shaq with not much help. Not sure I count Eric Snow and Mutumbo as significant help.

Idk. I saw both of them play. I liked both of them. I just always thought AI was better. More legendary moments for me. Dropping 50 on prime Vince. That run to the finals. Being 6 foot and doing all of that.

And, let's be real, Wade let Bron carry him to a couple of rings.
KG said he was 5'10 not too long ago. Meaning AI even more legendary for styling on the league like that, for that long, and being under 6 feet.
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #155
space
space
 300 X 30 said
AI didnít have hall of famers like Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Dwight Howard, or Chris Paul on his team in his prime

Ai also carried his team to the NBA finals, unlike Harden who has choked multiple times trying to get there
And watch everyone mention the sixers defense the year they made it to the finals. None of these people mention the Cavs defense which was top 5, in 07 on their way to the finals as well. Played 2 41 win teams at that. AI's finals run gets too much disrespect here. AI did what very few could. He was the only one that year that ruined the Lakers chance of a perfect post season record when he hit us up in Game 1 smh.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #156
greedy87 
space
space
Props total: 10369 10 K  Slaps total: 3124 3 K
Man itís a lot of fu*king idiots. I donít even care to argue with yíall n*ggas

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #157
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said
Both have one MVP. James Harden will match a.i on all NBA team selection. james harden has 1 more 1st team all NBA selection. After this season James Harden will have one more scoring leader award. When it comes to award, stats and accomplishment that harden already surpassed a.i.

At the end of the day I don't think any of them are top 5 sg ever due to they both havent done sh*t.
Factor in the era when comparing the two. It was harder for AI to do what he did, when he did in that environment. AI's scoring titles should count for double or minimum 1.5 times the value of this era's scoring titles. Luka is not doing what he is doing now in AI's era and neither is Trey over there in ATL. Era stats have to now be adjusted, and thats just the facts on the ground now. Too many changes that cannot just be compared like that now. Its getting to be 60s era typa sh*t when yall try to clown on Billy GOAT Russel and Wilt.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #158
space
space
 Goop Hair It Is said
How iverson carry them to the finals look at those games and tell me how they won
Game 6 against Toronto 6-24 they lost
Game 7 against Toronto 8-27 they won
That's carrying a team?

Game 1 against Milwaukee 13-35 they won
Game 4 down 2-1 against Milwaukee 10-32 they won
Game 5 against Milwaukee 5-27 they won

That's carrying a team ?

Basketball is a dynamic game. The stat sheet doesn't tell you everything. AI was making plays, getting fouled and making the opposing coach make hard choices. That's what advanced stats doesn't show you. I've seen guys these days let another player have 4 fouls in the first 2 minutes of the 3rd quarter, and still finish the whole game. I've seen players these days let guys have 5 fouls with 6 mins left in the 3rd quarter, and that same player still finishes the whole game. The player on the opposing team that is facing mister 5 fouls might have nice looking stats but is applying no pressure. Early 2000 dudes would happily miss 5 attempts attacking said 5 foul player to force him out the game, force the coach to conserve him, or let him foul out. Their stats would be dragged down by that.

Advanced stats do not tell you about live, in game dynamic situations. If you ain't watch those games don't speak on them. Just like yall look dumb speaking about Kobe during the Lakers title runs with Shaq and without Shaq.
+2   

2 weeks ago '13        #159
dre2000 
space
space
Props total: 3557 3 K  Slaps total: 398 398
 Goop Hair It Is said
31 points on 25 shots
And the west also had the Kings and Mavericks that had great teams
I can tell you iverson Stan's didn't watch him growing up just repeat the same myths when he had a hall of fame coach and teammate
n*gga his myth included going to the finals and actually being able to get a game from that lakers team you harden d*ck riders talk when he can at least go to the finals You n*ggas get all hyped up by the garbage defenses in the nba today hyping this same n*gga who sits to the side and doesn't participate in the offense unless he has the ball not to mention I liked Iverson defense over harden all day
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #160
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 12282 12 K  Slaps total: 3285 3 K
 dre2000 said
n*gga his myth included going to the finals and actually being able to get a game from that lakers team you harden d*ck riders talk when he can at least go to the finals You n*ggas get all hyped up by the garbage defenses in the nba today hyping this same n*gga who sits to the side and doesn't participate in the offense unless he has the ball not to mention I liked Iverson defense over harden all day
The east was trash as fu*k when iverson went to the finals
Iverson the only player that gets praised for losing in the finals

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #161
space
space
 xFMx ALCHEMiST said
lol Tmac was better than #2 Kobe @ one point and he's not on the list?

MJ
Kobe
Wade (he played hard every night on both sides)
Tmac
AI / Harden
I'm divided on whether Tmac was a SG or SF. He is the epitome of a swingman though.
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #162
space
space
 drizz said
BX dont got no love for Ginobili....?
Franchise superstars should only be considered. Ginboli was a good player for the Spurs, but you can never be an ATG if you never led your own team. Klay will have that same problem in his career. I can't rank them above guys that did great things in the league as the lead dogs. I'll die on my arbitrary line.

2 weeks ago '05        #163
TheT 
space
space
Props total: 849 849  Slaps total: 54 54
 sedwards said
why is Hoeden up there? what has this bum done?
Yea, that's the glaring flaw in this list
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #164
yungsavage05 
space
space
space
Props total: 1291 1 K  Slaps total: 242 242
Replace Harden with Tmac or Klay Thompson

2 weeks ago '08        #165
yungsavage05 
space
space
space
 Lord Vermelho said
KG said he was 5'10 not too long ago. Meaning AI even more legendary for styling on the league like that, for that long, and being under 6 feet.
And was dunking on mfs his first couple of years
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #166
yungsavage05 
space
space
space
 Lord Vermelho said
Franchise superstars should only be considered. Ginboli was a good player for the Spurs, but you can never be an ATG if you never led your own team. Klay will have that same problem in his career. I can't rank them above guys that did great things in the league as the lead dogs. I'll die on my arbitrary line.
Can't argue your point

2 weeks ago '08        #167
slimdogg3325 
space
space
Props total: 1187 1 K  Slaps total: 297 297
mj kobe wade ai klay harden

1 week ago '06        #168
ginobili 20|m 
space
space
space
Props total: 2499 2 K  Slaps total: 285 285
 Lord Vermelho said
wow smh. Die being ignorant cool. By your logic to play along, lets throw shade at Magic Johnson winning rings cause he played with Kareem in the 80's. Only one is the so called alpha by your logic, so how does that leave this couple. Cause YOUR logic says the 2nd best players rings don't count, or at the least are frowned upon. You keeping that same energy rating Magic and Kareem?????????????????? curious to hear tbh. Or do you only want to punish the 2nd best player on teams, when it fits a certain narrative.

Besides that, saying a 2nd option on a CERTAIN team couldn't lead a team, which is a hypothetical, is dumb as hell, when you and others are literally arguing why a 1st option never came close to winning most of his career. Again your logic, if Manu played on another team, and made it out the 2nd round twice, he would of surpassed AI lol.

Manu played with Duncan, so him having an a*sist or bucket in the history of the squads top playoff clutch moments means sh*t smh. Or using any common sense like winning a gold and silver medal as the so called man for a county that didn't even qualify for the olympics before means nothing. Shows no signs of being able to lead a squad in the NBA.

So yeah playing the pistons in 05 better then even Kobe did in 04, means nothing to you, and other pistons players saying the same doesn't also. You have your scoring system though, sure it means more carry on
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '19        #169
space
space
 ginobili 20 said
1. wow smh. Die being ignorant cool. By your logic to play along, lets throw shade at Magic Johnson winning rings cause he played with Kareem in the 80's. Only one is the so called alpha by your logic, so how does that leave this couple. Cause YOUR logic says the 2nd best players rings don't count, or at the least are frowned upon. You keeping that same energy rating Magic and Kareem?????????????????? curious to hear tbh. Or do you only want to punish the 2nd best player on teams, when it fits a certain narrative.

2. Besides that, saying a 2nd option on a CERTAIN team couldn't lead a team, which is a hypothetical, is dumb as hell, when you and others are literally arguing why a 1st option never came close to winning most of his career. Again your logic, if Manu played on another team, and made it out the 2nd round twice, he would of surpassed AI lol.

3. Manu played with Duncan, so him having an a*sist or bucket in the history of the squads top playoff clutch moments means sh*t smh. Or using any common sense like winning a gold and silver medal as the so called man for a county that didn't even qualify for the olympics before means nothing. Shows no signs of being able to lead a squad in the NBA.

So yeah playing the pistons in 05 better then even Kobe did in 04, means nothing to you, and other pistons players saying the same doesn't also. You have your scoring system though, sure it means more carry on

1. That's why neither are the GOAT. They certainly lost points.

2. He'd need a finals run, at least a league MVP, the scoring and steals titles, All NBA teams, and have generational impact like AI did to even think of surpassing him.

3. In all my arguments, international bball is never a major part of it. Duncan was the guy on the Spurs. He enabled them to even become what they did, like MJ enabled pippen to become what he did.

4. Kobe knew he played bad and admitted it. He blames himself for that loss. Let's look up all the times Manu let the spurs down as well. Kobe's post Shaq career is greater than the entirety of Manu's career. lmao, and that's without the 3 peat. Kobe did things on his own and was able to ascend the list because of it. Manu will never have that. He's out.

Like I said, I'm dying on my line. I only consider Franchise leaders in these arguments. Especially when you got guys that did and made a lot of league history as the main guys on their squads.

Last edited by Lord Vermelho; 02-16-2020 at 09:19 PM..

1 week ago '06        #170
ginobili 20|m 
space
space
space
Props total: 2499 2 K  Slaps total: 285 285
 Lord Vermelho said
1. That's why neither are the GOAT. They certainly lost points.

2. He'd need a finals run, at least a league MVP, the scoring and steals titles, All NBA teams, and have generational impact like AI did to even think of surpassing him.

3. In all my arguments, international bball is never a major part of it. Duncan was the guy on the Spurs. He enabled them to even become what they did, like MJ enabled pippen to become what he did.

Like I said, I'm dying on my line. I only consider Franchise leaders in these arguments. Especially when you got guys that did and made a lot of league history as the main guys on their squads.
What history did AI make outside one year? that he lost, and had role players step up in big games in spots to make big shots, when he was putting up baseball averages on a regular basis in playoffs?He was getting bounced in first rounds and watching Antoine Walker shake his a*s in his benches face, and getting booed for missing the playoffs in the east with webber outside of that.

Manu isn't better then Bryant, but played better against the pistons in 05, is this correct?... So showing out against arguably the best defensive in the last 30 years to win a ring means nothing? Yeah your random a*s scoring system is dumb as hell, get better material for I go in.

1 week ago '15        #171
Mal215 
space
space
space
Props total: 9701 9 K  Slaps total: 1421 1 K
 Goop Hair It Is said
Better shooter, scorer and passer
You n*ggas must be caught up in looks than actual basketball
Definitely will never lead the league in steals

1 week ago '19        #172
NewRoy 
space
space
Props total: 1011 1 K  Slaps total: 66 66
 904Nole said
Harden not better than AI
This

By other than that Iím wit it

1 week ago '13        #173
dre2000 
space
space
Props total: 3557 3 K  Slaps total: 398 398
 Goop Hair It Is said
The east was trash as fu*k when iverson went to the finals
Iverson the only player that gets praised for losing in the finals
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8qJkKDJu7R/? Enough said your opinion doesn't mean much

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-84online now  85
Did Tyson Fury cheat by having something in his gloves?
93 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+262online now  36
Parents Tell The Truth About Their Son In His Obituary
151 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  34
Image(s) inside Feb 25 - You're likely going to Get the Coronavirus