The Importance Of Good Hydration

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+22  44
35 comments @hiphop

section  x3   |  0 bx goons and 3 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

4 weeks ago '12        #1
2453 page views
14 comments

daman729 
space
space
Props total: 19633 19 K  Slaps total: 936 936
The Importance Of Good Hydration

Whats good folks. I’ve put together this thread to serve as a reminder of how important good and proper hydration is. You need water to:

Regulate certain hormones
Aid in proper digestion
Transport nutrient through the body
f*ght off parasites and infections
Lubricate the muscles
Prevent or reduce internal inflammation
Brain health
Blood sugar and blood pressure regulation
And many more things!!!

A lot of people are walking around in a state of chronic dehydration and don’t know it. Losing only less 5% of your bodily water can alter your mood. Chronic dehydration is dangerous and it can cause a snowball effect over the years. Chronic dehydration stresses the body and wears it down. A lot of sickness can simply come from years and years of inefficient water intake.

Years of Chronic dehydration can…..

Cause nutrient deficiencies
Cause Anxiety, mood swings
Excessive hunger for carbs and sugar
Cause Candida Overgrowth
Chronic Inflammation
Raise Cortisol, Adrenaline and other stress hormones. (Adrenal Glands)
Cause blood sugar and blood pressure deregulation
Thicken the blood, dry out the liver and kidneys, thus keeping toxins in the body
Cause brain fog and memory issues
Cause muscle cramps
Cause acid reflux, constipation and other digestive issues
Cause slow hair growth, dandruff, dry skin and vision problems
Circulation problems (cold hands and feet)
Afternoon energy crashes

And many more things!!

Not only do you need water. But you also need certain vitamins and nutrients to make sure the water gets to the right place. You need electrolytes. Sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium. The main 2 are sodium and potassium. You also need b vitamins(especially b5) and vitamin c. Keep in mind, carbs help you to retain water too. This is why you also need glucose for hydration. When insulin is low from going low carb, your body will spew out more electrolytes and water. This is why keto can dehydrate you. People who go low carb have to take in more electrolytes.

You need a high quality salt. Sea salt with no anti caking agents. You can use plain White Sea salt that’s unrefined or atleast minimally processed. Whatever works for you. Example, Mediterranean Sea Salt. Look at the labels. Salt is also one of the oldest anti-parasitics out there. Table salt isnt always he best choice. It just depends on the person. You have to do whats best for you and see what your own body likes. You can also get plenty of iodine from foods such as wild caught Alaskan salmon. Sodium in probably the most important electrolyte in terms of hydration. Regardless of what has been spewed by mainstream, sodium(the right kind) is good for you. You have more sodium in your blood than any other electrolyte.

Stay hydrated folks. As you get older, you see how good important hydration is. It's not just about water. You need the minerals too!! I know it sounds crazy that simple dehydration could potentially do damage like this. But its true.

Last edited by daman729; 01-24-2020 at 07:54 AM..
+16   

best
worst
14 comments

3 weeks ago '10        #2
MIDUFINGACEO 
space
space
Props total: 782 782  Slaps total: 162 162
whats the best water to drink?

3 weeks ago '12        #3
daman729  OP
space
space
 MIDUFINGACEO said
whats the best water to drink?
Good quality bottled spring water that been throughly cleaned and tested. Look up the quality report on that particular brands website. Or reverse osmosis water with electrolytes added back to it. The water should have minerals. If not, It will cause osmotic shift and minerals will get pulled from your body. Have to see what water feels good to you. But low mineral waters should only be consumed during a cleanse.

Last edited by daman729; 01-25-2020 at 09:32 PM..
+2   

3 weeks ago '19        #4
sportsbettor 
space
space
space
Props total: 412 412  Slaps total: 127 127
Redmond Real Salt is fire.. put some in your water...

2 weeks ago '06        #5
Profycy 
space
space
Props total: 1642 1 K  Slaps total: 313 313
Interested to understand more re: salt , how would you intake? Down a table spoon of salt? ��

2 weeks ago '18        #6
Txheat 
space
space
space
Props total: 17461 17 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
 daman729 said
Good quality bottled spring water that been throughly cleaned and tested. Look up the quality report on that particular brands website. Or reverse osmosis water with electrolytes added back to it. The water should have minerals. If not, It will cause osmotic shift and minerals will get pulled from your body. Have to see what water feels good to you. But low mineral waters should only be consumed during a cleanse.
Bruh!! I was drinking distilled water for a while and didnít realize it. Iíd pick a gallon up every morning going into work.

Tell me why I was sh*tting my a*s off and didnít figure it out till the end of the week.
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #7
daman729  OP
space
space
 Profycy said
Interested to understand more re: salt , how would you intake? Down a table spoon of salt? ��
Some people do it differently. Some people take a small pinch of sea salt and put it in every bottle of water they drink. Some people let the salt dissolve on their tongue then drink the water. Some people just consume huge amounts of salt through food and balance it with potassium. You have to see how your own body reacts.

2 weeks ago '04        #8
jumpman2304 
space
space
Props total: 8390 8 K  Slaps total: 1658 1 K
Bookmarked

2 weeks ago '12        #9
daman729  OP
space
space
 Txheat said
Bruh!! I was drinking distilled water for a while and didn’t realize it. I’d pick a gallon up every morning going into work.

Tell me why I was sh*tting my a*s off and didn’t figure it out till the end of the week.
Lol yep. Thats how it goes. Distilled, reverse osmosis and other low mineral waters cleanse you out short term. But drinking it long term(months, years etc) will slowly draw more calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium, etc out of your body. And you can end up with acidosis. Alot of people are walking around with all kinds of problems because the water they're drinking is making them acidic.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #10
Txheat 
space
space
space
Props total: 17461 17 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
 daman729 said
Lol yep. Thats how it goes. Distilled, reverse osmosis and other low mineral waters cleanse you out short term. But drinking it long term(months, years etc) will slowly draw more calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium, etc out of your body. And you can end up with acidosis. Alot of people are walking around with all kinds of problems because the water they're drinking is making them acidic.
Good information
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #11
mallavetti 
space
space
space
Props total: 186 186  Slaps total: 37 37

2 weeks ago '16        #12
mallavetti 
space
space
space
Props total: 186 186  Slaps total: 37 37
Oo
+1   

1 week ago '06        #13
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 75731 75 K  Slaps total: 4057 4 K
increasing my water intake has improved my overall health and fitness in ALL aspects.
+1   

7 days ago '07        #14
Jeet Kune Do 
space
space
Props total: 6157 6 K  Slaps total: 538 538
I was sick 1 week and got dehydrated. Out popped a kidney stone. Took 3wks to finally pass. Ever since then, I stay hydrated like my life depends on it
+1   

7 days ago '12        #15
daman729  OP
space
space
 realgunta said
increasing my water intake has improved my overall health and fitness in ALL aspects.
Yeah bruh. Proper hydration is so overlooked by many. You got cats walkin around with elevated cortisol levels and low energy from chronic dehydration. People really underestimate the healing and nourishment water and electrolyte balance brings to the body.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  16
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
91 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+95online now  14
All-Star Weekend was cool but Ludacris hoodie gotta go
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  10
Diddy lied to biggie mom after his death