Amazon is NOT a Business

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x5   |  0 bx goons and 5 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

2 weeks ago '04        #1
1995 page views
8 comments

Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 30529 30 K  Slaps total: 4055 4 K
Amazon is NOT a Business

It's a sales channel.
Most "Amazon businesses" fail, and that's the expected outcome TBH.
Brands make money on Amazon. Very few people do.

Based on the numbers (according to JungleScout), the average Amazon seller is making an average of $9,000 a year, at $10/hour. Low profit margins and low sale volume = wasted time.

Most people are looking to make money instead of creating real value. Real businesses. Buying 1,000 units of a product and listing them on Amazon isn't going to work for 95% of people out there. The same goes with dropshipping. Most people are entering saturated markets, without building a brand. Simply placing a product online and expecting it to sell.

Even if you happen to luck up on a product that's not being sold in high volume, it's most likely something that no one wants. Your product will just sit there until you get tired of the monthly seller fees.

The goal is to create a business, then sell your products through a sales channel. Amazon being the largest. Other examples of sales channels can be Ebay, Bonanza, Your own website.

MJ Demarco said it best. You have to be market centered. People that chase money on Amazon are in the same category as passive income chasers, "follow your passion" chasers, "make money online" chasers. AKA, people who haven't qualified themselves to make money, because they are thinking about making money. Not creating. Creating a product, creating a marketing plan, creating a customer base...creating value.

- If you're looking to make money (or chase money), Amazon isn't going to work for you.
- If you have a business that sells products, Amazon will work for you.

I can provide more statistics if need be

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 02-01-2020 at 03:34 PM..
+11   

best
worst
8 comments

2 weeks ago '05        #2
rotstreetz 
space
space
space
Props total: 3201 3 K  Slaps total: 416 416
@ please post the statistics

2 weeks ago '11        #3
Unattached 
space
space
Props total: 3125 3 K  Slaps total: 332 332
This is some real sh*t. I wish I read something like this 2 years ago

2 weeks ago '05        #4
Tha Boss 
space
space
space
Props total: 64361 64 K  Slaps total: 31980 31 K
 Tastemaker331 said
It's a sales channel.
Most "Amazon businesses" fail, and that's the expected outcome TBH.
Brands make money on Amazon. Very few people do.

Based on the numbers (according to JungleScout), the average Amazon seller is making an average of $9,000 a year, at $10/hour. Low profit margins and low sale volume = wasted time.

Most people are looking to make money instead of creating real value. Real businesses. Buying 1,000 units of a product and listing them on Amazon isn't going to work for 95% of people out there. The same goes with dropshipping. Most people are entering saturated markets, without building a brand. Simply placing a product online and expecting it to sell.

Even if you happen to luck up on a product that's not being sold in high volume, it's most likely something that no one wants. Your product will just sit there until you get tired of the monthly seller fees.

The goal is to create a business, then sell your products through a sales channel. Amazon being the largest. Other examples of sales channels can be Ebay, Bonanza, Your own website.

MJ Demarco said it best. You have to be market centered. People that chase money on Amazon are in the same category as passive income chasers, "follow your passion" chasers, "make money online" chasers. AKA, people who haven't qualified themselves to make money, because they are thinking about making money. Not creating. Creating a product, creating a marketing plan, creating a customer base...creating value.

- If you're looking to make money (or chase money), Amazon isn't going to work for you.
- If you have a business that sells products, Amazon will work for you.

I can provide more statistics if need be

How did you get started in your supps line of work and got any advice for an industry a young bull can utilize his refund with?

2 weeks ago '17        #5
space
space
space
Props total: 6544 6 K  Slaps total: 2164 2 K
The days of buying low and selling for high are long gone.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
space
space
 rotstreetz said
@ please post the statistics

32.8% of sellers make between 0-10%
31.2% of sellers make between 10-20%
36% of sellers making profit margins above 20%
And here's what that means in terms of average person...

0 percentile: Lose money
24th percentile: $1,000 in sales per month
80th percentile: $25,000 in sales per month
99.9th percentile: $250,000 in sales per month

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 02-05-2020 at 12:46 PM..

2 weeks ago '04        #7
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7 OP
space
space
 Tha Boss said
How did you get started in your supps line of work and got any advice for an industry a young bull can utilize his refund with?
I worked in a lab after i dropped out of school. One day I was having a conversation with a friend about business, and that idea came up in my head
I was able to work out of the lab to get things going and eventually got sponsored by a Biotech company. They gave me all of the equipment that I needed

As for advice, I can only suggest that you get into selling consumables. The only industry I could recommend is supps and small pharma, b/c its the only thing that I know. I have a science and health background. I dont even know if I am qualified to do anything else

But selling consumables will change your life if you can get a customer base. Food, medicine, chemicals. sh*t that people can buy, use up, and then come back to you when they need more.

I would suggest signing up to MJ Demarco's Fastlane Forum. Everyone there is focused on business, and you can get better advice than what I give you. I know that for sure
 2007 said
Basically. You have to bring real value these days to make real money. Dropshipping, and picking random things to sell is not sustainable in 2020
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #8
space
space
space
Props total: 6544 6 K  Slaps total: 2164 2 K
 Tastemaker331 said
I worked in a lab after i dropped out of school. One day I was having a conversation with a friend about business, and that idea came up in my head
I was able to work out of the lab to get things going and eventually got sponsored by a Biotech company. They gave me all of the equipment that I needed

As for advice, I can only suggest that you get into selling consumables. The only industry I could recommend is supps and small pharma, b/c its the only thing that I know. I have a science and health background. I dont even know if I am qualified to do anything else

But selling consumables will change your life if you can get a customer base. Food, medicine, chemicals. sh*t that people can buy, use up, and then come back to you when they need more.

I would suggest signing up to MJ Demarco's Fastlane Forum. Everyone there is focused on business, and you can get better advice than what I give you. I know that for sure

Basically. You have to bring real value these days to make real money. Dropshipping, and picking random things to sell is not sustainable in 2020
The same People who was begging for better technology are now losing money because of it.

I use to steal ti-83 calculators from school then sell them on ebay n amazon for thousands of dollars. Cant do that now.

7 days ago '12        #9
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
Props total: 426 426  Slaps total: 5 5
 2007 said
Capitalistic society and human nature. The market will continue to squeeze out inefficiencies and maximize profits.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  36
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
86 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  31
Diddy lied to biggie mom after his death
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  26
Image(s) inside Damon Dash Sues Rachel Roy for Fraud