Starting strength 5x5

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+18  63
28 comments @hiphop

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 month ago '18        #76
dinono10  OP
space
space
space
Props total: 1743 1 K  Slaps total: 66 66
Yeah with the ring push ups had a vest on and sometimes feet elevated so I got a deeper push.. Was copying some Thenx videos and incorporated some of their stuff but reckon I done more harm then good.

All I take now is whey, creatine, probiotic, vitamin d and high strength cod liver oil. I think that's the main bases covered along with some caffeine pills /acv when I want it.

To be honest. I may do a warm up sets but that's about it before training. Afterwards a little foam roll here and there, my broad got me a deep tissue massage machine I use that and she's pretty good at massaging so I get her to work on my back, got so many knots regularly.. Need to get a proper deep tissue massage soon at a sports therapist I think. It will make a difference I hope to posture.

1 month ago '17        #77
Hakeem 
space
space
Props total: 9490 9 K  Slaps total: 1103 1 K
Get. sh*t. Done.
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #78
BLACK FIST 
space
space
Props total: 33264 33 K  Slaps total: 3686 3 K
@ @ @

I've gotten my deadlift up to 290lbs, but here's the thing.. i did 3 straight reps good form, then i had to reset and re-brace myself and did 2 more. only took a few breathes in between resetting.. like 7 to 10 seconds. does that count as one set? or work my way up to doing 5 straight before moving to 295lbs?
+2   

3 weeks ago '09        #79
faceoffizhere 
space
space
Props total: 1833 1 K  Slaps total: 407 407
 BLACK FIST said
@ @ @

I've gotten my deadlift up to 290lbs, but here's the thing.. i did 3 straight reps good form, then i had to reset and re-brace myself and did 2 more. only took a few breathes in between resetting.. like 7 to 10 seconds. does that count as one set? or work my way up to doing 5 straight before moving to 295lbs?
What you mean by reset rebrace?
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #80
BLACK FIST 
space
space
 faceoffizhere said
What you mean by reset rebrace?
after the 3rd rep i stop for a few seconds and did the next two
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #81
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 37432 37 K  Slaps total: 5785 5 K
 BLACK FIST said
@ @ @

Yes thatís still a set and work your way up
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #82
dinono10  OP
space
space
space
 BLACK FIST said
@ @ @

Brah... No lie. I asked the same question this week on reddit stronglifts.

It is absolutely fine apparently 3 to 5 seconds to reset if not longer. It's better to do that and get the form spot on.

I done 125kg for 5 reps tues. Flat shoes and my form was immaculate. Resetted after each rep. Engaging lats, no slack on the bar. I'm aiming to get double my bodyweight by the end of the year. I'm 70kg so should happen.

Such a hard exercise though, if you lower too fast you end up getting light headed and dizzy. Well, I do haha.

Satisfying though.
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #83
BLACK FIST 
space
space
 92baby said
Yes thatís still a set and work your way up
 dinono10 said
Brah... No lie. I asked the same question this week on reddit stronglifts.

It is absolutely fine apparently 3 to 5 seconds to reset if not longer. It's better to do that and get the form spot on.

I done 125kg for 5 reps tues. Flat shoes and my form was immaculate. Resetted after each rep. Engaging lats, no slack on the bar. I'm aiming to get double my bodyweight by the end of the year. I'm 70kg so should happen.

Such a hard exercise though, if you lower too fast you end up getting light headed and dizzy. Well, I do haha.

Satisfying though.
aight cool, i just wanted some confirmation on that.. good looks brahs

will be attempting 295lbs deads on Wednesday
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #84
dinono10  OP
space
space
space

Regarding rest time/reset on deadlifts
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #85
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 37432 37 K  Slaps total: 5785 5 K
 BLACK FIST said
aight cool, i just wanted some confirmation on that.. good looks brahs

will be attempting 295lbs deads on Wednesday
How did you fair out?

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+95online now  18
All-Star Weekend was cool but Ludacris hoodie gotta go
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+23online now  15
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
90 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+16online now  9
America's Infrastructure Is Crumbling
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+77online now  7
Image(s) inside Just Blaze Releases Lost Nas+Jay-Z-'The Scientist' Track...
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy